Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 218451 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #3605 on: March 20, 2024, 07:33:01 AM »
'Constellation' on Apple TV. Very trippy....after three episodes you can start to see what's going on (I think) but it's still pretty creepy/trippy.

This show has been really good. Highly recommend to anyone who is a fan of Sci-fi and mystery/thriller. Really cool concept and some trippy scenarios.

Episode 7. WTF?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3606 on: March 25, 2024, 09:41:17 PM »
Been bouncing all over the place. I recently finished the entirety of Psych. Was not understanding what they were doing with Lassie in the movies until I saw him walking in the 3rd film and thought that looked too good to be acting. Then I found out he suffered a near fatal massive stroke a week before they were to shoot the first film. Got rewrote in 72 hours and then they made the decision to make the 2nd film all about him and write his stroke into the story. Such a cool story and bunch of people.

From there I jumped to Titans. In season 2 already and really enjoying this. I'm not a DC guy but this is well done. Going to go right into Doom Patrol right after.

Also watching the current season of Resident Alien. Just when you thought it couldn't get weirder.

Constellation is on my to-do list.

Almost forgot, binged the first 8 episodes of season 3 of Bad Batch on Sunday. Sad to see this show ending.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #3607 on: March 26, 2024, 08:44:47 AM »
Just finished The OA. I liked season 1 but season 2 a lot less. I could've done without the second season actually, but it was alright.

Now I'm deciding between continuing For All Mankind season 2, starting Better Call Saul, Constellation, The Boys season 3, Mr. Robot season 4 or start with 3 Body Problem. Way too many interesting shows to choose from.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3608 on: March 26, 2024, 08:55:15 AM »
Just finished The OA. I liked season 1 but season 2 a lot less. I could've done without the second season actually, but it was alright.

Now I'm deciding between continuing For All Mankind season 2, starting Better Call Saul, Constellation, The Boys season 3, Mr. Robot season 4 or start with 3 Body Problem. Way too many interesting shows to choose from.

Agree about 'The OA'. Cool premise and first season. S2 it seemed like she tried to get too 'smart' and it got a bit over the top.

For All Mankind is awesome. Love that show

BCS is incredible. I hold it in a higher regard that BB....but I love BB as well. BCS was just so good IMO

Constellation is a super trippy show. Really enjoying it and looking forward to the season finale this week.

The Boyz...I mean....what else needs to be said  :lol   So good

Mr. Robot is in my top 5 shows of all time. I don't think there's a bad episode in there and it always just upped the ante. One of...if not my favorite series finales ever. So beautiful and well done.

I haven't watched 3 Body Problem yet but plan to soon.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3609 on: March 26, 2024, 09:07:19 AM »

We watched the first episode last night and I enjoyed it a lot.

Caught up on Curb, another good episode.  Loved the cameos.

We are now all caught up on Love & Translation (a reality dating show where the guys and girls don't speak the same language) which has been entertaining so far, but really dislike the 3 guys, but that's been part of the entertainment, one of these guys is a total tool and the girls keep ripping on him which has me laughing my ass off.

We got all caught up (before last night's new episode) of Deal or No Deal Island.  I never watched Survivor but loved Deal or no Deal so I was intrigued by this show and so far really enjoying it. 

We finished the newest season of 90 Day Fiance and the 2 part reuinion episodes were so good.  We are now half way done with the previous season, I'm really enjoying this reality show. We'll likely continue working our way backward on the seasons, we both find this show very entertaining. 

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3610 on: March 26, 2024, 09:35:59 AM »
Mr. Robot is in my top 5 shows of all time. I don't think there's a bad episode in there and it always just upped the ante. One of...if not my favorite series finales ever. So beautiful and well done.

I well up thinking about that ending, so beautiful. That music was perfect.

3 Body Problem was a lot of fun, we've been talking about it on the Netflix thread. I might need to check out Constellation.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3611 on: March 26, 2024, 09:37:47 AM »

I well up thinking about that ending, so beautiful. That music was perfect.

That interpretation of Elliot's 'condition' and how it was depicted on screen was so poetic. I'm the same as you....I well up a bit thinking about it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3612 on: March 26, 2024, 09:40:44 AM »
I started watching Scrubs a couple weeks ago.  I'm about 15 episodes in.  I like most of the characters, but the odd narrative style of the episodes is just weird.  I'll probably muddle through to the end of the season, but I'm not sure I'll keep going with it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3613 on: March 26, 2024, 09:50:03 AM »
That interpretation of Elliot's 'condition' and how it was depicted on screen was so poetic. I'm the same as you....I well up a bit thinking about it.

Definitely! a very satisfying depiction and makes it easy to separate characters when rewatching the show.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3614 on: March 26, 2024, 10:07:19 AM »
Definitely! a very satisfying depiction and makes it easy to separate characters when rewatching the show.

What's even more interesting about it all is that we never even met or got to see the 'real' Elliot.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3615 on: March 26, 2024, 10:16:59 AM »
Mr. Robot season 4
Oh boy, what a wild ride that one is. I can't decide whether that one or Season 3 is one of the best seasons of TV ever.

I completely agree with the rest of the comments, and I can't wait to rewatch it, this time along with a friend or someone completely clueless.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3616 on: March 27, 2024, 04:15:38 AM »
I started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender on Netflix. What a great show so far.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3617 on: March 28, 2024, 06:29:49 AM »
What's even more interesting about it all is that we never even met or got to see the 'real' Elliot.

I thought about that on one of my early rewatch, you really don't see how the real Elliot was, I'd like to imagine he was mostly like the one in that last episode with the perfect life

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3618 on: March 28, 2024, 02:01:37 PM »
Has anyone been watching Dust? I haven't but it looks interesting.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3619 on: March 28, 2024, 02:17:18 PM »
Deleted message.  I was thinking of the wrong series.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #3620 on: April 01, 2024, 02:52:15 AM »
Finished Bodies on Netflix, a murder mystery that spans 4 timelines. Quite good!

4 episodes in and I’m really enjoying this one a lot.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3621 on: April 02, 2024, 05:17:18 AM »
Started Loki season 2, and Ashoka.

Gosh it's becoming exausting to follow shows of an expanded universe. Especially with Ashoka, I feel like I'm being thrown in the middle of something and I'm being punished for not having seen all the animated series or having forgotten that she popped up in The Mandalorian.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3622 on: April 02, 2024, 06:27:23 AM »
Started Loki season 2, and Ashoka.

Gosh it's becoming exausting to follow shows of an expanded universe. Especially with Ashoka, I feel like I'm being thrown in the middle of something and I'm being punished for not having seen all the animated series or having forgotten that she popped up in The Mandalorian.

That last part is starting to be a turn off for me.  I am - well, was, I guess - a Star Wars fan boy, but it just got to be too much.  I watched The Mandalorian, but honestly I have zero desire to see either the Bad Batch (from the outside, STUPID title) and Ashoka.  I know there was a lot of buzz about that character, but it was all lost on me. 

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #3623 on: April 02, 2024, 07:32:09 AM »
That last part is starting to be a turn off for me.  I am - well, was, I guess - a Star Wars fan boy, but it just got to be too much.  I watched The Mandalorian, but honestly I have zero desire to see either the Bad Batch (from the outside, STUPID title) and Ashoka.  I know there was a lot of buzz about that character, but it was all lost on me.

I'm gonna second this point:

You know, after a decade-plus of thoroughly enjoying the MCU, there was a point last year (I think in the middle of Loki) where I hit pause, turned to my wife and said, "I think I'm over this."

As a lifelong comic-book fan, I was the one driving the MCU viewing in my house, but post Endgame, the product just stopped connecting with me. In place of a critique on the last dozen or so movies (or all the television shows), I'll just say that I think I'm done with anything remotely 'spandex' related.

We began watching Andor a few months back, and I had a similar revelation. I think I just don't care to see how many more gaps they can fill in these overarching stories.

I'm happy to revisit Empire Strikes Back or Iron Man when in the mood, but my appetite for new content set in and around those universes was satiated a long time ago.

Fortunately, there is no end to the amount of amazing content to sink our teeth into :coolio

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3624 on: April 02, 2024, 08:22:42 AM »
I never got into the Marvel universe, I honestly think those movies are very average at best from the handful I've seen.

But the Star Wars universe is one I enjoyed from the movies and the first seasons of the Mandalorian were good, but they've just beaten the universe to death.  I watched the first episode of Ashoka and even my gf who LOVES this stuff more than me, we both said "we are done".  Its just not good anymore and really hasn't been besides a few things here and there for a long time.  Just got to stop watching and giving those studios the support to want to keep beating it to death.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3625 on: April 02, 2024, 09:40:26 AM »

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of the character than me.....I think she's the best character to come out of the animated series.

That being said....for as big a fan as I am.....I am at the point to where I wish they'd just left that character as an animated character. You lose so much of her ability and mannerisms when you ask a real person to portray her. And, while I'm 'ok' with Roserio Dawson playing her I wish they would have cast someone different. She does fine and all but there's something just a tad 'off' about it all and it's because it's an impossible character to take from animation to live action.

If they were dead set on continuing that storyline that was left off at Rebels they should have kept it animated (in the style of the last four episodes) and just told it in that fashion. I liked the first season of Ahsoka and will watch whatever they give us....but...something was lost when going 'live' and I don't think they can capture it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3626 on: April 02, 2024, 09:48:07 AM »
I basically gave up on superhero movies after Iron Man 3, and I only saw that one because we had a birthday party for my son at a theater, and that's what was playing.  I've seen a few since then, but it's mostly because the wife kept watching them.  So much form over substance in those movies.

Star Wars is actually kind of painful to me.  The original movie is the first movie I remember seeing in a theater.  I remember the excitement of Empire and being super hyped to see Return of the Jedi.  My best friend and I had a raging debate over the summer between 7th and 8th grade about whether Jabba was "Jabba the Hutt" or (as he foolishly thought) "Jabba-bə-Hutt."  The excitement built up massively in the mid- to late '80s.  We didn't have a VCR until probably '87 of '88, and I could finally re-watch the movies.  We stood in line when they re-released the movies back in the theater in the '90s (and then thought "what the fuck" with all of the added crap).

I also read a bunch of the books back in the '90s.  I remember the Thrawn trilogy was EXCELLENT, and I was hoping they'd turn those into movies.  The prequels diminished my enthusiasm somewhat, but still.  Then Disney took over and disavowed all of the existing books, which was really frustrating.  Nevertheless, I loved episodes 7-9 and Rogue One (Solo sucked, though).  At the same time, though, we got two different cartoon series and The Mandalorian and this and that and the other thing, and it all became over-saturated.  It's great for folks who want and have the time to immerse themselves, but it's a turn off for more casual viewers who get lost because some tiny piece of information in episode 6 of season 2 of Low-Level Mechanics of the Empire is critical to understanding the plot of a major motion picture.  All that said, I did watch the Obi-Wan miniseries and was hoping they'd make more of that.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Awaken

« Reply #3627 on: April 04, 2024, 07:03:05 AM »
Just finished 'Masters of the Air' and it was a really great series.  If you enjoyed the Band of Brothers/The Pacific series, I'd highly suggest MotA.  It's definitely worth the cost of the subscription for a month.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3628 on: April 04, 2024, 07:49:21 AM »
Started Ripley on Netflix, starring Andrew Scott.  Delicious.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #3629 on: April 04, 2024, 03:24:25 PM »
Also started Ripley on Netflix. Watched first episode and really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of the movie (The Talented Mr Ripley) so interested to see how this goes.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #3630 on: April 04, 2024, 06:57:32 PM »
Started Ripley on Netflix, starring Andrew Scott.  Delicious.

just saw a piece about this. I LOVE Andrew Scott so i'm sure it's amazing
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3631 on: April 08, 2024, 12:36:27 PM »
The Dodgers opened their season on Thursday, March 28 (not counting the two games in Korea the week before).  As usual, the home opener was during the day, so I couldn't watch it.  I was all set to enjoy the game on Friday evening when I found out it was an Apple TV exclusive, so I said, "fuck it," and signed up for the 7-day free trial.

After the game, I started watching Manhunt, a miniseries about the events leading up to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and, primarily, the ensuing search for John Wilkes Booth.  It moved a little slow initially, but it was really interesting.  Unfortunately, at that time, only 4 of the planned 7 episodes had been released.

I then tried Ted Lasso again.  I neglected to cancel before the free trial rolled over, so I've got Apple TV until the end of the month.  That'll give me time to finish both Manhunt and Ted Lasso.  Lasso is ok.  There are a bunch of likeable characters, but I really don't get what all the hoopla was about.  I just watched a batshit crazy episode primarily focused on Coach Beard.  I think someone dropped acid before writing that one.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #3632 on: April 08, 2024, 04:17:09 PM »
Watched the 2 part documentary on Steve Martin 'Steve!' on Apple TV.  It was wonderful, especially the 2nd part.

I'd love to know how much money his art collection is worth.  I know it is priceless to him.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3633 on: April 09, 2024, 07:58:43 AM »
Current Disney+ lineup:

Just finished Loki season 2. Didn't understand much about the timelines plot, I just enjoyed the ride and Tom Hiddleston.
Ashoka
What we Do in the Shadows season 5, gods I love this show.
The Bear season 2, decided to give it a chance even though I was not impressed with season 1. I mean it was cool and all but every episode seemed  to have five minutes of cooks shouting, not my thing.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #3634 on: April 09, 2024, 08:34:04 AM »
The Bear season 2, decided to give it a chance even though I was not impressed with season 1. I mean it was cool and all but every episode seemed  to have five minutes of cooks shouting, not my thing.

Saw the first episode of season 1 because friends of mine were hysterical about it but I don’t see what the fuss is about. A show about a restaurant doesn’t seem all that interesting to me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3635 on: April 09, 2024, 09:09:50 AM »
Saw the first episode of season 1 because friends of mine were hysterical about it but I don’t see what the fuss is about. A show about a restaurant doesn’t seem all that interesting to me.

Someone better hold RJ back.  :D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3636 on: April 09, 2024, 10:56:15 AM »
I usually give shows 3-4 episodes before calling it quit. Mainly because, for a lot of shows, the first episode is filmed before all the others as a pilot. It's common for them to be a bit different than the rest of the season.

Just my $0.02

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #3637 on: April 09, 2024, 10:59:38 AM »
I usually give shows 3-4 episodes before calling it quit. Mainly because, for a lot of shows, the first episode is filmed before all the others as a pilot. It's common for them to be a bit different than the rest of the season.

Just my $0.02

I agree. I actually was planning to continue watching it but for whatever reason I haven’t. I’m not of the opinion that a show’s first episode should hook you instantly, that’s not always how quality TV works.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3638 on: April 09, 2024, 03:37:25 PM »
Blasted through all of Sons of Anarchy the past few weeks, just love that show. Wanted to do it before I dig into Mayans for the first time.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3639 on: April 09, 2024, 04:09:19 PM »
Blasted through all of Sons of Anarchy the past few weeks, just love that show. Wanted to do it before I dig into Mayans for the first time.

Let me know what you think.  I finished Mayans not long ago and I'm still trying to figure out if I liked it. I will say that binging it is probably better; there were long gaps and I know I forgot stuff that was central to the ending and putting it together after the fact isn't the same.