Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 218359 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2019, 07:57:47 AM »
There's a show on Netflix from former SNL cast member/writer Tim Robinson called "I Think You Should Leave." It's like a blend of Key & Peele with Adult Swim, and no lie, some of the skits are the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. It's a combination of the delivery, the choice of words, and the editing. There's only 6 episodes right now and they're 15 minutes each but anybody who likes the darker/weirder side of comedy should check it out. Some of the skits have put me in tears. Not work or family safe. :P
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »
I’m almost certain nobody here knows about this show, but when I heard Netflix was rebooting “Saint Seiya” I got very excited, but it was such a disappointment and disservice to the original anime.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2019, 08:31:28 AM »
Still need to finish up The Boys on Amazon.

Started watching Lodge 49 last night on Hulu. I have been seeing a lot of hype from people I respect so I am giving it a shot. Only 2 episodes in and it is a bit weird. I can see (I think) that they are going to be slow building to a payoff. Set my DVR to pick up Season 2 in case I decide I really like this as it just started last week.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2019, 09:28:49 AM »
Still need to finish up The Boys on Amazon.

Loved the season. Only complaint is that it only had (8) episodes. Would've liked to have seen it at (10) or (12). But it's my understanding that they were already in the middle of filming S2 when S1 was released so maybe it'll be a quick turn around.

Started watching Lodge 49 last night on Hulu. I have been seeing a lot of hype from people I respect so I am giving it a shot. Only 2 episodes in and it is a bit weird. I can see (I think) that they are going to be slow building to a payoff. Set my DVR to pick up Season 2 in case I decide I really like this as it just started last week.

I'm curious as to your opinion on this show. I don't want to influence you're experience but I will say that I REALLY wanted to like it.....watched 5 or 6 episdoes then they started building up on my DVR and I never revisited it. It failed to 'grab' me.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2019, 02:11:14 PM »

I'm curious as to your opinion on this show. I don't want to influence you're experience but I will say that I REALLY wanted to like it.....watched 5 or 6 episdoes then they started building up on my DVR and I never revisited it. It failed to 'grab' me.

I'm 5 episodes into Lodge 49 and I'm still not sure what to think. It does move slower than molasses but it hasn't lost me. For some reason, I still feel compelled to watch. I will be watching more tonight. I can feel they are setting so much up and am honestly curious as to how it pays off.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2019, 07:32:00 PM »
Up to date on Lodge 49. Still have very little sense of what is happening but I can't stop watching.

Just started The Man In The High Castle on Amazon. Wow, this is phenomenal after just 2 episodes. This is going to be good.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »
Just started The Man In The High Castle on Amazon. Wow, this is phenomenal after just 2 episodes. This is going to be good.

Dude! This series is awesome! You’re gonna LOVE it!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2019, 01:06:09 AM »

Dude! This series is awesome! You’re gonna LOVE it!

Indeed! the first two seasons especially are amazing. Without going into details, the first season finale is awesome, the second season has an exciting turn of events and in the finale there is one of the most beautiful scenes I've seen on a TV show in the latest years. Tears inducing. Worth all the journey!!!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #358 on: September 18, 2019, 02:31:04 AM »
Just finished watching Unbelievable on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80153467

It was very well done, with great performances. Though, a pretty serious subject matter, so it's not one to watch to cheer yourself up!

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #359 on: September 18, 2019, 04:46:52 AM »
Just finished watching Unbelievable on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80153467

It was very well done, with great performances. Though, a pretty serious subject matter, so it's not one to watch to cheer yourself up!

Watched it as well. It was very good, although I thought it was slow at first. Once Toni Collette's character came in, it was game-on. Toni is a fantastic actor.

Offline krands85

« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2019, 05:37:22 AM »
Recently started Person of Interest on Prime. Pretty good so far.  :tup I've also been watching all the old Whose Line is it Anyway? episodes (UK and US) again. That show never fails to leave me in hysterics  :rollin
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2019, 06:02:34 AM »

Watched it as well. It was very good, although I thought it was slow at first. Once Toni Collette's character came in, it was game-on. Toni is a fantastic actor.

She sure is. It took me a while to realise that the other detective (Merritt Wever) was also in that western show, Godless. That was another good show.

One other thing about the show is that I felt like it ended at the penultimate episode (Ep7). Episode 8 seemed like kind of an epilogue to main story.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:36 AM »
Finished 'Another Life' on NETFLIX. The Sci Fi series with Katie 'Starbuck' Sackhoff as the lead. It was good for a Sci Fi series. Nothing groundbreaking or over the top awesome. Seemed to set up a S2 pretty well so I'll be curious to see if Netflix gives it another season.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #363 on: September 18, 2019, 09:12:07 AM »
Finished 'Another Life' on NETFLIX. The Sci Fi series with Katie 'Starbuck' Sackhoff as the lead. It was good for a Sci Fi series. Nothing groundbreaking or over the top awesome. Seemed to set up a S2 pretty well so I'll be curious to see if Netflix gives it another season.

I gave up on that one after a couple of episodes, unfortunately. It looked like it had real promise, but just didn't grab me. The initial conflict between her and the captain guy just seemed really forced to me, stretching the bounds of believability. A shame, because that would normally be my type of show.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2019, 09:43:39 AM »
Anyone watch Mindhunters on Netflix?  I just finished season 1.  It started off slowly but by the end of the 3rd or 4th episode, I'm totally hooked.  Excellent cast.  Cameron Britton as serial killer Ed Kemper is amazing.  And many of you may recall Anna Torv from Fringe.  And my favorite actor - by far - is Holt McCallany.  He's like this veteran character actor that you've probably seen in a dozen shows/films but never knew his name.  His Bill Tench is the perfect seasoned, steady rock to Holden Ford's young/eager but inexperienced self-importance.

It's essentially about the development of the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI.  The agents interview notorious mass murderers and try to learn what led them to commit their heinous acts.  It is set in the late 70s to early 80s, so lots of great nostalgia.  Excellent soundtrack too.  If you like true-life crime stories, this one's for you.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline faizoff

« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2019, 10:54:34 AM »
You mean this page about the show that's still on the first page  ;D
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=51043.0
Yeah it's an awesome show. we talk about it a lot in the thread. Great acting and some of the best dialogue driven shows I've seen.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »

I gave up on that one after a couple of episodes, unfortunately. It looked like it had real promise, but just didn't grab me. The initial conflict between her and the captain guy just seemed really forced to me, stretching the bounds of believability. A shame, because that would normally be my type of show.

Totally get it. I'll admit that It wasn't the most compelling show. There were a few things that didn't make a whole lot of 'sense'....but I like Katie Sackhoff and felt the need to 'support' her. And, I've committed time to much worse shows than this one. Like I said, it wasn't bad....but it was only just a run of the mill sci fi show. Were Katie Sackhoff not in it I'd probably have stopped just as you did. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2019, 01:10:10 PM »
You mean this page about the show that's still on the first page  ;D
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=51043.0
Yeah it's an awesome show. we talk about it a lot in the thread. Great acting and some of the best dialogue driven shows I've seen.

Aw crap!  I actually did a search but probably put a superfluous space between Mind and Hunter.   :facepalm:

So glad to see it has it's own thread.  Totally deserved!! 

Thanks for the link.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: September 19, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »
The new Good Eats... some Seinfeld and Spaced mixed in too.  May revisit Jack Ryan soon... I liked the first two episodes and honestly forget why I didn't finish the series?

There's a show on Netflix from former SNL cast member/writer Tim Robinson called "I Think You Should Leave." It's like a blend of Key & Peele with Adult Swim, and no lie, some of the skits are the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. It's a combination of the delivery, the choice of words, and the editing. There's only 6 episodes right now and they're 15 minutes each but anybody who likes the darker/weirder side of comedy should check it out. Some of the skits have put me in tears. Not work or family safe. :P

Will be sure to check it out... my wife and I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force!  Used to have her wake me up so we could watch it  :lol
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #369 on: September 20, 2019, 09:20:56 AM »
Finished The Boys last week. I'm into S02 of The Man In The High Castle. I am slow-rolling that show as it is dense. Only doing 1-2 episodes at a time every few days.

Need to start the final season of Killjoys. Have it all on the DVR. I will binge that soon.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #370 on: September 20, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »
Just started Star Trek Enterprise, hooo boy this is gonna be a ride.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2019, 12:37:14 AM »
Finally got around to watching Better Call Saul (currently on Season 3). It’s good, not great, but definitely has my attention and I recommend giving it a chance to all those who passed it over. Nothing like Breaking Bad, but that’s okay. My only gripe is that the overall story is a bit unfocused and kind of all over the place, bouncing from one thing to the next and therefore lacking some build up. Definitely entertaining, though.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »
Watched 'Undone' on Amazon Prime. It's an animated series....(8) episodes of about 22-24 minutes each. About a woman who gets in a car accident then very strange things start happening to her concerning time shifts....seeing her dead dad....and so on.

It was pretty neat....easy to get through given how short each episode was. I don't want to say too much in case someone is going to watch.....I'll just say that the way they wrap it up is creatively ambiguous.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2019, 04:36:35 AM »
Started Designated Survivor the other day, it's alright but I don't think a show about the White House have ever felt like fiction more than now.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2019, 09:04:19 AM »
Started Designated Survivor the other day, it's alright but I don't think a show about the White House have ever felt like fiction more than now.

That's a fantastic show...Keifer Sutherland can do no wrong in my book.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2019, 04:18:45 PM »
Just started Raising Dion on Netflix, bout halfway through the first episode, and man, this show has some promise. If it keeps this up, I'll make a separate thread.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2019, 09:18:06 AM »
I'm a few episodes into Disenchantment (cartoon) and find it pretty funny.   

I've also watched the first two episodes The Righteous Gemstones and I am hooked.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2019, 09:27:13 AM »
I've also watched the first two episodes The Righteous Gemstones and I am hooked.

While I don't think it's the funniest Danny McBride endeavor.....it is still pretty funny. That group of actors/actresses he does these shows with all play off of each other well.

Offline krands85

« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2019, 09:28:18 AM »
Giving the final season of Breaking Bad a rewatch in preparation for El Camino  :coolio
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »

While I don't think it's the funniest Danny McBride endeavor.....it is still pretty funny. That group of actors/actresses he does these shows with all play off of each other well.

:lol Danny McBride has this amazing ability to play a wide variety of characters without ever deviating from his core character.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »
Danny McBride has this amazing ability to play a wide variety of characters without ever deviating from his core character.

He really does. It's the same exact dude....except, it isn't.  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #381 on: October 07, 2019, 10:32:42 AM »
Hammered out S5 of Peaky Blinders over the weekend as well. Anyone else watch that one? It's really well done also. It's brutal, and has a great cast.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #382 on: October 07, 2019, 03:24:46 PM »
Hammered out S5 of Peaky Blinders over the weekend as well. Anyone else watch that one? It's really well done also. It's brutal, and has a great cast.

It's on my watchlist, but now I favored Carnival Row.  It's a mashup of mystery, fantasy, steampunk and political intrigue, in a gritty world where fairies are real and disdain for the different is real as well. So far, so good, I'm halfway through the 8 episodes of the first season.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #383 on: October 07, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »

It's on my watchlist, but now I favored Carnival Row.  It's a mashup of mystery, fantasy, steampunk and political intrigue, in a gritty world where fairies are real and disdain for the different is real as well. So far, so good, I'm halfway through the 8 episodes of the first season.

Yep. I dug Carnival Row also.

Offline QuintonR

« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2019, 05:25:06 AM »
I fianally started watching Black Sails and I really like the show. Can't believe it took me this long to check this show out. So well worth it!