Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 217085 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2019, 01:08:25 PM »
Watched the first three episodes of ‘Barry’ last night. Man, it’s pretty good...wasn’t planning on picking a new series up yet but it looks like I just did.

That show is good stuff!  :tup :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »
I started Big Little Lies recently, which I had heard good things about from a few people (both men and women).  Season 1 was very good, and I will dig into Season 2 here shortly.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »
Finished Hanna in one day. Started season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery tonight. 4 episodes in and really loving this season. I enjoyed season 1 but this really feels like a Trek show this season. Loving the lighter tone too.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline pg1067

« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2019, 10:05:51 AM »
Holey Moley!

Utterly stupid concept, but it's fun to watch nonetheless.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2019, 10:16:36 AM »
Slowly working through Jessica Jones Season 3. And then Stranger Things comes out this week. That'll be the next.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2019, 01:46:24 PM »
The Confession tapes on Netflix.

Two seasons so far and it goes over murder cases and the interrogation videos that were given, and it goes over whether the confessions are valid or coerced.

Basically its Making a murderer, but each episode is a new story.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »
Lucifer season 4, and Stranger Things season 3.  Both shows one episode per day.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
Just finished 'You, Me, and The Apocalypse' recently. That was a British show.

Moved on to Wynonna Earp. Yet another Canadian show that has me hooked already after a few episodes. Have 3 seasons to watch and they finally got the funding for season 4 and possibly 5 too.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2019, 06:38:32 AM »
Watching "The Boys" on Prime. I usually don't like comic book stuff but this has some edge to it that I like.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2019, 07:42:58 AM »
Watching "The Boys" on Prime. I usually don't like comic book stuff but this has some edge to it that I like.

Just watched first two episodes last night. Seems pretty interesting.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #325 on: August 01, 2019, 07:25:03 AM »
Tried to watch Another Life on Netflix but I had to quite after 1 1/2 episode, it's just so bad unfortunately.

They send a bunch of 20 yo scientists and astrounatuts to save Earth and everybody is mad at eachother all the time. :facepalm:

Why do sci-fi shows most of the time suck so much, honestly? I love the genre but most of the time it's a major letdown.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2019, 09:03:01 AM »
Tried to watch Another Life on Netflix but I had to quite after 1 1/2 episode, it's just so bad unfortunately.

They send a bunch of 20 yo scientists and astrounatuts to save Earth and everybody is mad at eachother all the time. :facepalm:

Why do sci-fi shows most of the time suck so much, honestly? I love the genre but most of the time it's a major letdown.

Sad to hear this about Another Life... I was kinda intrigued.  What pisses me off is that a lot of GOOD shows only last a few seasons - Continuum, Travelers, Colony are 3 off the top of my head I was REALLY in to, and got the boots way too early.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2019, 09:15:12 AM »

Sad to hear this about Another Life... I was kinda intrigued.  What pisses me off is that a lot of GOOD shows only last a few seasons - Continuum, Travelers, Colony are 3 off the top of my head I was REALLY in to, and got the boots way too early.

Yep. Was looking forward to Another Life. And the shows you mentioned were/are great.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2019, 09:21:23 AM »
I'm a few episodes into the final season of Orange Is The New Black ... This is a hard season to watch. I know the show has always tried to highlight societal issues throughout the story, but it's almost like the writers went into the room for this season and said "Abandon all plot lines and character arcs, and instead find a way to cram as many social issues into this season as possible. Black racial tensions, women in the work place, wage gaps, illegal immigration, suicide, political correctness.... Everything. Include everything".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:33:04 AM by Chino »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »
I thought Orange Is the New Black went off the rails years ago; I stopped watching somewhere in the middle of Season 4, I think. And based on most reviews and fan comments I am seeing online, it sounds like this last season was a thud.  Too bad, as it had real promise at the start.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #330 on: August 08, 2019, 07:16:06 AM »
I know I am 6 years too late on this, but I just saw the office entire show in the past 2 months. Finished it last night.

The show was pretty good up until the last 2 season which felt forced. But they managed to wrap things up nicely.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #331 on: August 08, 2019, 07:25:45 AM »
I'm watching Deadwood season 2. Planning to follow up with a rewatch of Westworld season 2, 'cause if anything's worth a rewatch, is that complicated show.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #332 on: August 08, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
Watched Season 3 of Money Heist. F*cking cliffhanger  >:( :D Now please finish season 4 as soon as possible.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2019, 08:24:33 AM »
I know I am 6 years too late on this, but I just saw the office entire show in the past 2 months. Finished it last night.

The show was pretty good up until the last 2 season which felt forced. But they managed to wrap things up nicely.

Love me some Office. I will always argue that that show went downhill not because of Michael Scott's departure, but rather because of what they did with Andy's character.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2019, 08:39:58 AM »

Love me some Office. I will always argue that that show went downhill not because of Michael Scott's departure, but rather because of what they did with Andy's character.

Agree! It got to the point that I was hoping for Andy to have a sad ending  :coolio
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2019, 08:40:38 AM »

I feel the same way. I actually like season 8, at least half of it, but season 9 is just weird in so many ways. Still has some great moments but it's a shadow of its older self. I didn't particular like the Jim-Pam stuff (felt like they ran out of ideas, plus the cameraman stuff still bugs me, and I don't recall Jim ever saying he likes sports until season 9), I really don't like Nellie, Toby turns into a full-on creep ("Smile if you love men's prostates!"), Clark is okay but Pete is whatever, Erin is full-on stupid instead of just naive. I thought Andy was obnoxious back in season 3, but by 9 he's a little hard to handle. Each time I get to Robert California's house party, though, I crack up.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2019, 08:45:44 AM »

Office is on a LOT in our house. To the point of I pretty much feel like a failure of a parent being that my 9 year old can quote near everything from the series and uses 'that's what she said' in context regularly.

While the last couple seasons weren't 'peak' Office....they were still funny enough but I will agree with Brian. They kind of butchered Andy's character at the end.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »

Office is on a LOT in our house. To the point of I pretty much feel like a failure of a parent being that my 9 year old can quote near everything from the series and uses 'that's what she said' in context regularly.

While the last couple seasons weren't 'peak' Office....they were still funny enough but I will agree with Brian. They kind of butchered Andy's character at the end.

They butchered the hell of of Kevin too. He went from a pretty competent (Scrantonicity) guy who was just kind of slow to a full blown mentally disabled adult.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »
In the middle of The Office season 9 now and it always bothers me watching Darryl and Jim be roommates. The way the show depicts it, Jim is the one who starts being rude for no good reason - starts with Darryl's coffee mug, and he not only doesn't give it to him, he dumps it at shoulder height into the garbage can, right next to the sink. That's just so unlike Jim.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2019, 10:21:20 PM »
Finished all of Wynona Earp and season 2 of Star Trek Discovery.

Started The Boys on Amazon. I think GLOW comes back this week. Will definitely get right into that once it's back.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »
GLOW!  :metal   Can’t wait

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2019, 06:05:48 AM »
Season 3?! Sign me up. I forgot that one was coming back soon  :metal

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2019, 06:29:35 AM »
Started watching The Good Place today. I'm three episodes in and I dig it so far.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #343 on: August 09, 2019, 06:31:11 AM »
Started watching The Good Place today. I'm three episodes in and I dig it so far.

Please keep us updated as you go along  :tup there are many funny moments coming up worth reliving through someone else's eyes!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #344 on: August 09, 2019, 06:32:39 AM »

Nice. I haven't finished season 3 yet, but I loved the first 2.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2019, 05:15:24 PM »
Watched the first (7) Episodes of S3 of GLOW. Still a fantastic show! I’ll knock out the last three tonight.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »
Over the last month or two:

Caught up on Seasons 4 and 5 of Homeland. 

Watched all 3 seasons of Stranger Things

Watched season 1 of The Sinner, now on Season 2. 

All have been fantastic and fun to watch.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:44 AM »
Watched the first (7) Episodes of S3 of GLOW. Still a fantastic show! I’ll knock out the last three tonight.

I have 2.5 episodes left. This season has been awesome and I feel like the show has lost no steam whatsoever. Sam is such a good character this season.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:46:00 AM by Chino »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »

I have 2.5 episodes left. This season has been awesome and I feel like the show has no steam whatsoever. Sam is such a good character this season.

Sam is awesome...freaking love that character. Honestly, they've all been pretty awesome. This show has done a fantastic job of developing them all. The story is strong and I find myself curious as to how close they are sticking to the 'actual' history/people who inspired show also.

You mention 'no steam' for the show...and I kind of agree. I feel like this should be a bigger hit due to how well its done. Given NETFLIX pension for cancelling shows for the hell of it...I'm wondering if we will get a S4?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2019, 07:48:37 AM »
 :lol No, I fucked up typing.

I meant to write " This season has been awesome and I feel like the show has lost no steam whatsoever. ".  I kind of left out a critical word in that one

I'm with you though. I feel like this show has gone under the radar for most people. It's weird, a lot of older women I know have absolutely no interest in it. I figured they'd have eaten it up given the subject matter and the 80's nostalgia it provides.   

I'm going to be pissed if we get robbed of a season 4.