Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 218688 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2940 on: July 14, 2023, 01:40:08 PM »
My wife and I watched that documentary on Woodstock 99' last night on Netflix. Holy crap....I mean....I remember it and all that but must have totally forgot what a massive cluster it was. And, really forgot about the destruction that Sunday brought.

What was clear was that the two main organizers (Lang and Scher) were greedy and cut WAY too many corners. The level of incompetence was staggering and even in that documentary they denied that anything was their fault....always blaming and finger pointing and refusing to admit they were the issue.

Fascinating documentary though.

Watched the first episode of that too, man was it nuts. I have the bluray of the 1969 festival which I've been meaning to watch for a while as it has Martin Scorsese as one of the editors on it (he was 26 yrs old!) The two can't be anymore different.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2941 on: July 14, 2023, 08:01:04 PM »
Watched the first two episodes of S4 of 'Jack Ryan' on Prime. Man.....I certainly hope it picks up. I enjoyed the other seasons enough....they were entertaining but this one is off to a boring freaking start. I can see why they said this was it. Rudimentary writing....super slow pace....predictable outcomes already.....I'll stick around to see if it picks up but there was a moment last night where I just about threw in the towel.

……….aaaannnddd I watched the next two episodes. This is just a horrible season. I mean, it is almost comical bad. I’m now stuck with the choice on whether to keep watching just to see if there is any ROI on the trash I’ve watched so far or just pull the plug and let it go.

…….aaannnddd just finished the season/series. Oof. What a let down. The ‘big reveal’ in the final episode was seen a thousand miles away……generic is the word. From the writing to the bad guys to the plot to the acting…….so generic. It’s no wonder they called it quits. This was a pretty pathetic attempt at a season. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2942 on: July 15, 2023, 07:22:54 AM »
New Netflix series “Quarterback” is out, watched the first episode. Really well done, in depth look at what it involves to play the toughest position in sports. The commitment, the grind, the pain, balancing work with family, the crushing weight of fans’ expectations.

Sounds interesting, I'm going to try and start it today.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2943 on: July 15, 2023, 12:08:54 PM »
New Netflix series “Quarterback” is out, watched the first episode. Really well done, in depth look at what it involves to play the toughest position in sports. The commitment, the grind, the pain, balancing work with family, the crushing weight of fans’ expectations.

I tried. And I’m sure it’s great…..but I got all of three minutes into Patrick Mahomes and the KC footage turned it off. I just can’t. Wish it’d have been anyone else other than him.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2944 on: July 15, 2023, 03:20:04 PM »

I tried. And I’m sure it’s great…..but I got all of three minutes into Patrick Mahomes and the KC footage turned it off. I just can’t. Wish it’d have been anyone else other than him.

Couldn't get past the ads for it.  Is it only him, or do they go around the league?   I mean, he's not the ONLY quarterback in the league.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2945 on: July 15, 2023, 07:04:47 PM »

Couldn't get past the ads for it.  Is it only him, or do they go around the league?   I mean, he's not the ONLY quarterback in the league.

They follow Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota and the greatest bestest ever QB that has ever existed since the dawn of time and for the foreseeable future and maybe forever.  ;D

I found Cousins and Mariota quite interesting, it's probably going to skew more on Mahomes seeing as they followed these guys the entire year last season and we know how that ended. I liked the first episode even though every Mahomes segment had to have some dedicated here's the greatest plattitudesTM, not by him though, I think the guy just wants to play and seems bored when it's not about football. I'll be watching the rest of the  episodes. Just got done with the two Woodstock documentaries. So crazy wild.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2946 on: July 15, 2023, 07:32:34 PM »

Fascinating. Are you a Broncos or Raiders or Chargers fan? It’s not his fault your team sucks. Anyway, I get this response if it’s Jay Cutler but Mahomes is universally liked and respected and has never displayed douchey behavior unlike that so-called goat.

Actually, never mind, I see your point after thinking about it some more - there are some QBs I would skip over for sure even if they weren’t known as jerks.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2947 on: July 15, 2023, 07:58:09 PM »
Not time for much on shows these days but I am catching up on the final season of "The Flash."

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2948 on: July 15, 2023, 09:04:02 PM »

Fascinating. Are you a Broncos or Raiders or Chargers fan? It’s not his fault your team sucks. Anyway, I get this response if it’s Jay Cutler but Mahomes is universally liked and respected and has never displayed douchey behavior unlike that so-called goat.

Actually, never mind, I see your point after thinking about it some more - there are some QBs I would skip over for sure even if they weren’t known as jerks.

I don’t have a team per se. I enjoy watching football and can see/agree Mahomes is a huge talent. But the over the top coverage and constant adoration and he can’t do anything wrong and on and on and on…..I don’t think I can do a series with him in it. The other two are fine.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2949 on: July 15, 2023, 11:13:05 PM »
I watched The Game Show Show, a 4-part miniseries that aired on ABC back in May on ABC.

A very cool retrospective on the history of game shows (although the 4th episode veered off into dating and "reality" shows a bit much for my taste).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2950 on: July 16, 2023, 12:17:57 PM »

I don’t have a team per se. I enjoy watching football and can see/agree Mahomes is a huge talent. But the over the top coverage and constant adoration and he can’t do anything wrong and on and on and on…..I don’t think I can do a series with him in it. The other two are fine.

That's me; he's great, no question, but I don't want to see fellatio; I'd rather see players that don't have every gift in the world persevere and overcome.  And INB4, no, I probably wouldn't watch Brady here either, except maybe to see him work with players that aren't douches like Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill (I know Hill is in Miami now).  I'd watch to see how they deal with undrafter walk-on players and that sort of thing.   I would also watch to see behind the curtain of the Belichick system; I have no interest in the Andy Reid system (though I respect it).

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2951 on: July 23, 2023, 04:35:05 PM »
Ok, so yesterday I wrapped up my 2nd viewing of both seasons of The Bear.  The 2nd run-through was even better because knowing the storyline allowed me to sit back and enjoy more of the side action and secondary bits.  I highly recommend doing this if you enjoyed it at all.

But I came away with a question.  The final episode, where Sydney goes out into the back alley and vomits after she notices the ticket machine whirring on empty....I wondered about that empty machine.  The meal service (which was the dress rehearsal for opening) had essentially gotten through to the end.  The staff were all relaxing (except Carm of course) and Sydney catches sight of the machine.  Originally I thought that meant there were so many orders that never got filled.  And wouldn't they figure that out when the customers were not getting their meals?  But then she has her panic attack and goes outside to barf.

Was that just a trauma response from the episode where she did actually leave as the ticket machine was going bonkers the day after the positive food review went viral?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2952 on: July 23, 2023, 07:49:47 PM »
Shrinking

Harry Ford is hilarious at times in this.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2953 on: July 23, 2023, 08:52:00 PM »
Was that just a trauma response from the episode where she did actually leave as the ticket machine was going bonkers the day after the positive food review went viral?

I took it as a culmination of all of that. Her failed business venture, her initial struggles plus the anxiety of placing all her eggs in the basket with the restaurant. It's sorta like when people reach a point of nervous breakdown.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2954 on: July 23, 2023, 09:14:29 PM »

That's me; he's great, no question, but I don't want to see fellatio; I'd rather see players that don't have every gift in the world persevere and overcome.  And INB4, no, I probably wouldn't watch Brady here either, except maybe to see him work with players that aren't douches like Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill (I know Hill is in Miami now).  I'd watch to see how they deal with undrafter walk-on players and that sort of thing.   I would also watch to see behind the curtain of the Belichick system; I have no interest in the Andy Reid system (though I respect it).

I completed the series a few days ago. It's not a bad watch, I don't think the hardcore NFL viewer is the main target. My wife was very interested in the family side of things, and they feature that a decent amount. Though if anything I'd watch episode 4 if you had to just sample one episode, it's the one that is most football related. They talk about the complexity of the playbook and some of the on the spot improvs that happen or don't.

The Mahomes dick sucking is unfortunately sprinkled throughout, I mean at this point I think we're just going to have to have it in our face year in and year out. The guy is no doubt super talented and you'll see several times in the doc and his complete focus all things NFL related. Those parts are quite nice to see, and in case you forget that he's the greatest footballer ever, there will be several reminders throughout. That was a without a doubt the most annoying thing about the series. Kirk Cousins was great, love his temperament throughout. I think his coverage was the most balanced among them all. Several key inflection points were featured. I was hoping for more Mariota side as he was the one with the most to lose but they really cut his stuff short just when it got going.

The series has already been renewed for a 2nd season and am curious who they follow this season.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #2955 on: July 23, 2023, 10:05:56 PM »
Started watching Suits this past week. Loving it.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2956 on: July 24, 2023, 10:47:57 AM »
Started watching Silo and now i'm hooked.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2957 on: July 24, 2023, 11:08:21 AM »
Started watching Silo and now i'm hooked.

Awesome show.

Finished season 1 of FOundation last night.

I also watched episode 2 of Severence solo yesterday while my gf was out.  I'm still intrigued by the show but can't stand how there's like no music or sounds.  It's just too quiet and I find myself losing interest, but I like the concept and the story is unfolding that I'm interested in.  I'll probably keep watching this, but who knows when I'll finish since I hardly watch TV shows alone these days.

also, since we just saw Bret Michaels recently, my gf and I have been watching Rock of Love.  Such a ridiculous reality TV show.  It's soooo over the top, but it's hilarious. I can't even believe they made this show  :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2958 on: July 25, 2023, 06:45:14 AM »
Finished Silo in two days.  :D and now i'm craving season 2.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2959 on: July 26, 2023, 04:21:31 AM »
Finished the second season of The Leftovers. Wow. that was on a whole another level, seson 1 was good but it was "just another good show", this second season, as the consensus online seem to confirm, was just fantastic.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2960 on: July 26, 2023, 10:22:55 AM »
My gf may not want to watch but I couldn't sleep last night so went onto episode 3 of Severence and now I'm really into it.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2961 on: July 26, 2023, 10:24:56 AM »
My gf may not want to watch but I couldn't sleep last night so went onto episode 3 of Severence and now I'm really into it.

:corn :corn

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2962 on: July 26, 2023, 11:22:09 AM »

It's certainly a different vibe type show but totally worth it. Very unique storytelling

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2963 on: July 26, 2023, 11:57:13 AM »

It's certainly a different vibe type show but totally worth it. Very unique storytelling

Well I also knew it would likely put me to sleep with how quiet it is, and it did, but the story line is very interesting and Im intrigued to find out more.  I'm not a big fan at all of the way Ben Stiller directing it though. 

Offline The Realm

« Reply #2964 on: July 26, 2023, 03:55:19 PM »

Well I also knew it would likely put me to sleep with how quiet it is, and it did, but the story line is very interesting and Im intrigued to find out more.  I'm not a big fan at all of the way Ben Stiller directing it though.

Severance is awesome. It kind of gets better and better and the last episode is really amazing so I highly recommend you stick with it.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2965 on: July 26, 2023, 08:02:52 PM »
Behind Her Eyes. (Netflix limited series)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2966 on: July 27, 2023, 04:28:38 AM »

That was cool!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2967 on: July 28, 2023, 06:53:13 PM »
Finished the second season of The Leftovers. Wow. that was on a whole another level, seson 1 was good but it was "just another good show", this second season, as the consensus online seem to confirm, was just fantastic.

While series is awesome. One of my all time favorites.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2968 on: July 28, 2023, 06:56:24 PM »
Just saw that S2 of Invasion is set to air on Apple TV next month. Can’t wait!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2969 on: July 28, 2023, 07:30:41 PM »

That was cool!

The finale was..... Wow! WTF?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2970 on: July 29, 2023, 05:16:13 AM »
Didn't see it coming, uh?  :D me neither!

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #2971 on: July 29, 2023, 05:35:30 AM »

Yes, season 1 is very good but seasons 2 and 3 are where it gets amazing.
One of the best shows I’ve ever watched, more people should see this.

Finished Silo, it was pretty cool. 4/5
Started watching Full Circle, felt pretty disjointed and random.
Started watching Dead Ringers. Kind of slow.
Started watching Mrs. Davis. Don’t know yet.

Anyone else having ‘difficulty’ sticking to a show and putting in the ‘effort’?  :lol
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2972 on: July 29, 2023, 06:05:57 AM »

Yes, season 1 is very good but seasons 2 and 3 are where it gets amazing.
One of the best shows I’ve ever watched, more people should see this.

Finished Silo, it was pretty cool. 4/5
Started watching Full Circle, felt pretty disjointed and random.
Started watching Dead Ringers. Kind of slow.
Started watching Mrs. Davis. Don’t know yet.

Anyone else having ‘difficulty’ sticking to a show and putting in the ‘effort’?  :lol

I'm having difficulty picking what's next.  There are literally too many shows to watch.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2973 on: July 29, 2023, 02:51:49 PM »
Didn't see it coming, uh?  :D me neither!

Not at all! A double twist!!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2974 on: July 29, 2023, 08:59:26 PM »
I'm now a good chunk of the way through season 8 of Cheers.  I can see why Frasier got the spinoff.  He (both together with and separate from Lilith) has been the best thing about the show for a while (although Woody is a close second).  The whole thing with Sam horn dogging after Rebecca has long since gotten old.  The Cliff on Jeopardy episode was cool.  The Rebecca/Robin storyline is just so-so.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung