Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 218663 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2870 on: June 27, 2023, 12:49:34 PM »
Norm had the best line ever in that show.

"Women, you can't live with them...............Pass the beer nuts."

I always liked...

"What are you up to, Norm?"

"My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall."

:lol :lol :lol :lol

@ Kev ... That one is a top 5 of all time for me.  I had a TA in Uni who was a big Cheers fan.  On the exam he was marking, I had time to kill, so wrote down 31 Normisms, and he gave me an extra point on the exam for it.  Don't think I could come up with even a dozen now without looking them up.  But ...

Got room for a beer, Norm?
No ... but I'm willing to add on.

My two personal faves...

What's shakin Norm?
All four cheeks and a couple of chins.

And .... It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2871 on: June 27, 2023, 12:51:51 PM »
Well, easy.  Comparing two is one thing, but neither one of them could carry Kirstie Alley's brastrap back in the day.  I saw a taping of Cheers once in.... '92-ish, and Kirstie said a few words to the crowd and my god she was jaw-droopingly beautiful.

Hard to say.  Most of my memories of Kirstie Alley involve overly foofy hair and stereotypically oversized '80s dresses.  I think the first thing I watched with her was Look Who's Talking, but I can't say I have any particular memory of her in the movie.  As my Cheers watch-through progresses, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on her.

Rebecca was at one point a brilliant character. I've said this before, but a good series doesn't simply replace a character that leaves, but rather they go the opposite direction. Rebecca couldn't have been any more different than Diane, which is why she worked, and the show got better when most would have tanked. Woody was a similar, albeit nowhere near as dramatic shift. The problem with Rebecca was that each time she got dumped she became more shallow and aloof and it didn't work as well. I didn't much liker has at the total basket-case she became. She was much better (and hotter) as the hardassed executive type.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2872 on: June 27, 2023, 12:54:02 PM »
I watched the snipe hunt episode last night.   :lol
When the character that played Coach was off dying of cancer IRL they did the Crissy Snow thing where they make up excuses for why he's around but not there. Keep an eye out for those because the best of the cold openings is built around that (the family reunion).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2873 on: June 27, 2023, 06:00:14 PM »
Harry the Hat was one of my favorite recurring characters, another good part was their later ongoing feud with Gary's Olde Town Tavern.
Which Harry the Hat won in spectacular fashion.  :lol  The only stunt better was Sam's revenge on the rest of the gang for the ghost gag.

That was brilliant.  After years of almost always losing to Gary, they finally got over on him, thanks to Harry duping him without the Cheers gang even being in on it.  The Cheers vs Gary's episodes weren't always my favorites, but that was a great way to end that narrative.

@ Kev ... That one is a top 5 of all time for me.  I had a TA in Uni who was a big Cheers fan.  On the exam he was marking, I had time to kill, so wrote down 31 Normisms, and he gave me an extra point on the exam for it.  Don't think I could come up with even a dozen now without looking them up.  But ...

Got room for a beer, Norm?
No ... but I'm willing to add on.

My two personal faves...

What's shakin Norm?
All four cheeks and a couple of chins.

And .... It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

Too many to remember them all, but one that never gets mentioned is when Cliff brings along the deadbeat for the double date with Diane and Carla to that postman's ball or whatever it was, and when the deadbeat mutters out something, Carla asks what did he say, and Norm just plainly states, "I can't believe it matters." :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Rebecca was at one point a brilliant character. I've said this before, but a good series doesn't simply replace a character that leaves, but rather they go the opposite direction. Rebecca couldn't have been any more different than Diane, which is why she worked, and the show got better when most would have tanked. Woody was a similar, albeit nowhere near as dramatic shift. The problem with Rebecca was that each time she got dumped she became more shallow and aloof and it didn't work as well. I didn't much liker has at the total basket-case she became. She was much better (and hotter) as the hardassed executive type.

I mainly agree, although she did unhinged really well, and her on screen hysterical crying was always funny.  The episode where Frasier's doctor friend flirted with her and no one believed her was Kirstie Alley at her best.  She completely stole that episode.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2874 on: June 29, 2023, 12:39:31 PM »
I'm a few episodes into The Bear's second season. It's solid.   

On a sad note, I read yesterday that Avenue 5 has been canned (like 5 months ago) :(

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2875 on: June 29, 2023, 12:45:56 PM »
On a sad note, I read yesterday that Avenue 5 has been canned (like 5 months ago) :(

Yea, that bummed me out too. Didn't love the first bit, but really came to dig the show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2876 on: June 29, 2023, 01:00:43 PM »

If I remember correctly, you had enough time in the industry to appreciate the anxiety inherent to the show.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2877 on: June 29, 2023, 01:18:42 PM »

If I remember correctly, you had enough time in the industry to appreciate the anxiety inherent to the show.

For sure! I'm still in the industry on Sundays and there's about a half dozen things every episode that really resonate with you if you've worked the industry. In the first season where Sydney just walks into a walk-in, puts her head down, and then walks out a few seconds later... I can't tell you how many times I've done something along those lines. Usually it's accompanied by a loud "FUCK" as well  :lol 

I really appreciate all the time and effort spent to really capture the environment, even when it's not the focal point of the shot or the scene. They're really nailed it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2878 on: June 29, 2023, 01:34:53 PM »

For sure! I'm still in the industry on Sundays and there's about a half dozen things every episode that really resonate with you if you've worked the industry. In the first season where Sydney just walks into a walk-in, puts her head down, and then walks out a few seconds later... I can't tell you how many times I've done something along those lines. Usually it's accompanied by a loud "FUCK" as well  :lol 

I really appreciate all the time and effort spent to really capture the environment, even when it's not the focal point of the shot or the scene. They're really nailed it.

And so many little details...the cutting of the tape instead of tearing it...using quart containers as drink cups, even the patina of the walk in walls...such brilliant attention to detail.

And the 'fuck brunch' moment....we've all said that one. :rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2879 on: June 29, 2023, 02:25:37 PM »
I am loving the second season of The Bear.  The Christmas flashback episode was absolutely incredible, and should win an Emmy for, well, something, I don't know.

This morning, I watched the next episode, with Richie at the other restaurant.  Simply fantastic.  The outside starpower making guest appearances is incredible.  3 episodes to go.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2880 on: June 29, 2023, 04:44:38 PM »
I am loving the second season of The Bear.  The Christmas flashback episode was absolutely incredible, and should win an Emmy for, well, something, I don't know.

This morning, I watched the next episode, with Richie at the other restaurant.  Simply fantastic.  The outside starpower making guest appearances is incredible.  3 episodes to go.

I think that episode with Richie was my favorite, just a great portrayal of the things that make my industry so special.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2881 on: June 29, 2023, 05:53:22 PM »
I'm in the same boat RJ. Fishes is obviously the more attention-getting episode (and it's fantastic), but I think The Bear did these little personal journeys really well this season. I also loved the Copenhagen trip earlier.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2882 on: June 29, 2023, 06:55:30 PM »
The Mick.

On Netflix. Hilarious.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2883 on: June 29, 2023, 07:22:29 PM »
Ok, finished the Bear S2... such an outstanding finish, just so brilliantly done. Gonna put thoughts below to help avoid spoilery stuff...

So yeah, that was fucking brutal, and hit home on so many fronts for me, leaving me a blubbering mess by the end of it. First, how they nailed that deep in the shit weeds feeling with Syd right as Carm got locked in the walk in, and how Richie pulled it together and got the team to get through in style (the line of "we'll all be smoking soon" is fucking brilliant, nothing like that feeling of just one more ticket to go knowing you could finally go burn one after 4-5 hours of getting your ass handed to you). The stuff that made me a mess was Carm's breakdown, and how his emotional immaturity for all his life was channeled into the business, creating that identity of 'Chef' and making it be everything morning to night. His inability to allow that identity and the intimacy of a relationship occupy the same place and time in his life... I know that, because that is me, the childhood trauma and using the industry as a safe coping mechanism, burying myself into the work at the cost of any semblance of a normal life, extensive addiction issues, and an endless stream of relationships shattered by the conflict of having to put one in front of the other without ever learning that both can exist. (I am getting better with sobriety and shit tons of therapy btw lol)

Fucking show straight up called me out on that bullshit, nailed it, and I don't fucking like it one bit. :lol

So damn good.

More spoiler stuff ahead

But first THANK YOU for posting about this show.  I watched S2 finale today and thoroughly loved the entire ride.  I loved it so much, I'm going to watch it again with my kid.

That Christmas episode was so fucking hard for me to watch in so many ways.  And then Diane's scene in front of the restaurant with her son-in-law, Pete, just made me bawl like a baby.  That is some damn fine acting there.  It shook me to my core, because in many ways, that was like my own mom (minus the alcohol and cigarettes).  And then the moment when Pete was talking to Sugar after his conversation with Diane and I knew that he just understood every about his wife - why she is the way she is.  And he could barely conceal his own emotions.  It was so deeply moving.

At first I thought I was going to hate Carmy being stuck in the walk-in.  It felt too contrived.  But then it just worked.  Because it wasn't just that he was trapped behind a wall of his own making but he was literally frozen there.  And the only way he could speak his truth was to yell through his wall with nowhere else to go until he was cut out with a fucking blow torch.  *sigh*

Season 3 cannot come fast enough.  The ensemble cast is incredible.  The myriad of cameo appearances was the icing on the cake.  And the soundtrack....perfect in every way.

Thanks again.  I haven't been this moved by a series in a long fucking time.  And yes, I'm an adult child of an alcoholic who has had to work on my own co-dependency issues.  It really resonated.  In a good way.  :tup
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #2884 on: June 30, 2023, 05:31:46 AM »

I loved the Christmas episode, but I almost had to take one of my anxiety pills during that episode.  I told my wife the same thing about the Emmy nomination.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2885 on: June 30, 2023, 06:24:00 AM »
Ok, finished the Bear S2... such an outstanding finish, just so brilliantly done. Gonna put thoughts below to help avoid spoilery stuff...

So yeah, that was fucking brutal, and hit home on so many fronts for me, leaving me a blubbering mess by the end of it. First, how they nailed that deep in the shit weeds feeling with Syd right as Carm got locked in the walk in, and how Richie pulled it together and got the team to get through in style (the line of "we'll all be smoking soon" is fucking brilliant, nothing like that feeling of just one more ticket to go knowing you could finally go burn one after 4-5 hours of getting your ass handed to you). The stuff that made me a mess was Carm's breakdown, and how his emotional immaturity for all his life was channeled into the business, creating that identity of 'Chef' and making it be everything morning to night. His inability to allow that identity and the intimacy of a relationship occupy the same place and time in his life... I know that, because that is me, the childhood trauma and using the industry as a safe coping mechanism, burying myself into the work at the cost of any semblance of a normal life, extensive addiction issues, and an endless stream of relationships shattered by the conflict of having to put one in front of the other without ever learning that both can exist. (I am getting better with sobriety and shit tons of therapy btw lol)

Fucking show straight up called me out on that bullshit, nailed it, and I don't fucking like it one bit. :lol

So damn good.

More spoiler stuff ahead

But first THANK YOU for posting about this show.  I watched S2 finale today and thoroughly loved the entire ride.  I loved it so much, I'm going to watch it again with my kid.

That Christmas episode was so fucking hard for me to watch in so many ways.  And then Diane's scene in front of the restaurant with her son-in-law, Pete, just made me bawl like a baby.  That is some damn fine acting there.  It shook me to my core, because in many ways, that was like my own mom (minus the alcohol and cigarettes).  And then the moment when Pete was talking to Sugar after his conversation with Diane and I knew that he just understood every about his wife - why she is the way she is.  And he could barely conceal his own emotions.  It was so deeply moving.

At first I thought I was going to hate Carmy being stuck in the walk-in.  It felt too contrived.  But then it just worked.  Because it wasn't just that he was trapped behind a wall of his own making but he was literally frozen there.  And the only way he could speak his truth was to yell through his wall with nowhere else to go until he was cut out with a fucking blow torch.  *sigh*

Season 3 cannot come fast enough.  The ensemble cast is incredible.  The myriad of cameo appearances was the icing on the cake.  And the soundtrack....perfect in every way.

Thanks again.  I haven't been this moved by a series in a long fucking time.  And yes, I'm an adult child of an alcoholic who has had to work on my own co-dependency issues.  It really resonated.  In a good way.  :tup

❤️

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2886 on: June 30, 2023, 09:34:11 AM »
Finished the second season of The Bear this morning.

Best show on TV?  Maybe so.  For sure the best acting.

I know Jamie Lee Curtis just won an Academy Award, but this is her finest acting performance, no question in my mind.  Stunning.

So RJ, did you see Rick Bayless's dumbass comments on this show?  What a tool.  Didn't sound much better than his dumbass brother, Skip.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2887 on: June 30, 2023, 01:51:06 PM »
So RJ, did you see Rick Bayless's dumbass comments on this show?  What a tool.  Didn't sound much better than his dumbass brother, Skip.

Just looked into this a little, and I don't see the problem.  Basically, he seems to be saying it's a well-made show, but it makes restaurant work look pretty shitty.  Which it does.  No way I'd ever work in an environment with all that yelling and arguing.  Not to mention the intentional sabotage in the early episodes.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2888 on: July 01, 2023, 09:04:25 PM »
Wow, just saw the Fishes episode of The Bear. What an absolute cringefest trainwreck. I wanted to leave my own house during the episode it was so bad. I told my wife I felt like we were at her Grandma's place. Yeah, I've lived a lot of that episode too many times.

That episode needs some award, I just don't know what. Everyone gave an acting clinic.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2889 on: July 01, 2023, 11:05:19 PM »
Wow, just saw the Fishes episode of The Bear. What an absolute cringefest trainwreck. I wanted to leave my own house during the episode it was so bad. I told my wife I felt like we were at her Grandma's place. Yeah, I've lived a lot of that episode too many times.

That episode needs some award, I just don't know what. Everyone gave an acting clinic.

Jamie Lee was especially impressive... I'd guarantee she'll get some award for that performance

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2890 on: July 02, 2023, 12:40:42 PM »

Jamie Lee was especially impressive... I'd guarantee she'll get some award for that performance

Yeah, I thought the same thing. She was on another level.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2891 on: July 03, 2023, 01:04:09 PM »
Finished the first season of 'Silo' on Apple TV. I thought it was really good.....can't say I was surprised at the final scene/shot as I had speculated that would be the case but it sets up what could be a pretty intense S2.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2892 on: July 03, 2023, 03:11:05 PM »
Chapelwhite on Disney+, Adrian Brody stars in an horror period piece inspired by a Stephen King's novel. Quite atmospheric and good! nothing really new here, but it's done well.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2893 on: July 03, 2023, 11:09:34 PM »
Finished Silo and I can say I was surprised. I had it all wrong, but I figured it out literally as she figured it out. I saw what she saw and immediately knew something was up.

Probably going to be a long wait. Oh yeah, it will what with the writer's strike and the actors about to also go on strike.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2894 on: July 04, 2023, 11:24:29 AM »
Finished Silo and I can say I was surprised. I had it all wrong, but I figured it out literally as she figured it out. I saw what she saw and immediately knew something was up.

The thing that didn't surprise me and that I had thought was a possibility was that there were more 'silos' other than theirs. The blue skies, green grass and birds flying being a digital manipulation in the visor to 'trick' people into cleaning I didn't see coming...but it wasn't surprising. And I'm guessing that 'they' were just suffocating people the whole time and that's why they died being that they made a big deal of the tape that was being used? I guess it didn't provide a tight seal and she was able to breath air and what not for longer?

anyway....really cool show, like you said though....it's going to be a bit before S2

Offline The Realm

« Reply #2895 on: July 04, 2023, 07:22:14 PM »
Also finished Silo and really enjoyed it. I thought the ending was great and also provided as many questions as answers so really looking forward to season 2.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2896 on: July 05, 2023, 04:54:08 AM »
Gonna fire up Jury Duty on Amazon Freevee.  It appears to be another Joe Schmo Show situation - "It follows the workings of an American jury trial through the eyes of Ronald Gladden, a juror who is unaware the entire case is fake. Everyone except him is an actor, and everything that happens is carefully planned."
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2897 on: July 05, 2023, 07:25:31 AM »
Curious how you'll like it jingle? I thought Jury Duty was a fun watch

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2898 on: July 05, 2023, 07:49:05 AM »
Finished season 2 of Ted Lasso.... it's a good show, I just don't love it.  I've never liked Nate's character though so his story has pleased me. 

We finished season 1 of Shrinking.  Good show, I just don't love it  :lol Thought the storyline was unique and some of the comedy was pretty good here at times.

We finished season 1 of Schmigadoon! Actually enjoyed this one quite a bit.  Interesting storyline and the comedy was good.  Never been a big    
Keegan-Michael Key fan and while his character was kind of a douche here, I found him enjoyable overall making it the best thing I've seen him in.  We started season 2 last night and I'm already not digging it.  I just don't think they can capture the uniqueness of the first season again. 

Platonic has really grown on me.  Now that the first season is coming near the end, the storyline has opened up and the last couple episodes have been pretty good and interesting while still keeping that Seth Rogan type of humor. 

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Righteous Gemstones and so far I'm not loving this season, although the 3rd episode was solid and maybe there is some more hope for this season to be good.  The childish behaviors of the three "kids" hating their cousins was pretty funny.  Also, I love Baby Billy so him being back definitely made for a better episode.

Watched the first episode of The Witcher.  Good start to the season, but I'm just a bit iffy about the future of the show.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2899 on: July 05, 2023, 07:54:04 AM »
Finished season 3 of You and now am on Season 4, about 2 1/2 episodes in.   Liking 4 MUCH better (maybe because there are so few characters that come with preconceived baggage).  I'm not really sad to see Love gone (so far) though I liked her, but I detested her family (especially her mom; didn't like her or the actress that plays her). 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2900 on: July 05, 2023, 09:18:41 AM »
I'm on season 5 of Cheers now.  The whole Sam & Diane thing had truly run its course.  It's just annoying and weird at this point.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2901 on: July 05, 2023, 03:25:19 PM »
I'm on season 5 of Cheers now.  The whole Sam & Diane thing had truly run its course.  It's just annoying and weird at this point.

Shelley Long left at the right time.  The back and forth with Sam would not have been sustainable going forward, and the show likely would have declined quickly due to coming up contrived ways to keep their dynamic interesting at all.  By leaving, she gave the show new life.  Sam was still the main character, but it felt like more an ensemble once Diane left.  And that is not meant at all to denigrate the Diane years, as they were great, and in fact some of the very best episodes were from that 5th season (Thanksgiving Orphans, Dinner at Eight-ish, Simon Says), but it was time for a change.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2902 on: July 05, 2023, 04:32:56 PM »

Shelley Long left at the right time.  The back and forth with Sam would not have been sustainable going forward, and the show likely would have declined quickly due to coming up contrived ways to keep their dynamic interesting at all.  By leaving, she gave the show new life.  Sam was still the main character, but it felt like more an ensemble once Diane left.  And that is not meant at all to denigrate the Diane years, as they were great, and in fact some of the very best episodes were from that 5th season (Thanksgiving Orphans, Dinner at Eight-ish, Simon Says), but it was time for a change.

Looks like Thanksgiving Orphans is next up for me, so I'll look forward to that.  There was one time either earlier this season or the end of season 4 where someone asked someone else about how the Red Sox might do this season, and I answered to myself, "well...they're going to make the World Series and lose in heartbreaking fashion because of a series of bad managerial decisions."  And I just now saw the Bob Costas "interview" with the Cheers gang that aired before game 5 of the '86 World Series.

I'm finding myself much more interested in what the other characters (particularly Frasier, and especially now that Lilith has been introduced) are doing than any of the Sam and Diane stuff.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2903 on: July 06, 2023, 08:09:16 AM »
Watched the first two episodes of S4 of 'Jack Ryan' on Prime. Man.....I certainly hope it picks up. I enjoyed the other seasons enough....they were entertaining but this one is off to a boring freaking start. I can see why they said this was it. Rudimentary writing....super slow pace....predictable outcomes already.....I'll stick around to see if it picks up but there was a moment last night where I just about threw in the towel.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2904 on: July 08, 2023, 03:33:17 PM »
I finished Cheers season 5 last night.  Holy fuck did they make Diane annoying on her way out.

On a vaguely related note, I found Kirstie Alley's appearance on Match Game.  Hilarious stuff.