Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 216310 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2730 on: April 18, 2023, 09:54:40 PM »
I'm also enjoying the hell out of Rabbit Hole.  Keifer Sutherland is so good when it comes to this type of show, and we get Charles Dance as well!

This show gets better and better every episode. It’s been SO good.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2731 on: April 19, 2023, 08:42:43 AM »
We are also watching and enjoying Rabbit Hole.  Fun show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2732 on: April 19, 2023, 09:03:43 AM »
I gave my wife the choice of watching either Rabbit Hole or The Night Agent and she picked the latter, both sound quite similar and are rated roughly the same on IMDB.  The only difference is The Night Agent is Netflix so all episodes got dumped on at once, whereas Rabbit Hole is weekly.  We are 2 episodes in so far and it's fine at the minute, nothing amazing but perfectly watchable.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2733 on: April 20, 2023, 11:42:46 AM »
I've been watching Suits, House, Sons of Anarchy, and Fringe. I watched the first couple of seasons of House but never finished it. The same goes for Sons and Fringe.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2734 on: April 20, 2023, 11:44:09 AM »
One of my personal favorite series was Six Feet Under on HBO. Highly recommended!!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2735 on: April 20, 2023, 11:55:35 AM »
I've been watching Suits, House, Sons of Anarchy, and Fringe. I watched the first couple of seasons of House but never finished it. The same goes for Sons and Fringe.

Stick with Sons; there's a little lull in the season 3/4 range, but man do they finish strong.  House is uniformly excellent. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2736 on: April 20, 2023, 12:01:34 PM »
One of my personal favorite series was Six Feet Under on HBO. Highly recommended!!!!
One of my favorite shows ever, and without question the greatest series finale in TV history, with the possible exception of MASH.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2737 on: April 20, 2023, 12:08:02 PM »
One of my favorite shows ever, and without question the greatest series finale in TV history, with the possible exception of MASH.

Agreed! The SFU finale was epic! I'm going to rewatch the series with my son.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2738 on: April 20, 2023, 12:12:03 PM »

Stick with Sons; there's a little lull in the season 3/4 range, but man do they finish strong.  House is uniformly excellent.

I've heard with Sons there is quite a bit of religious symbolism, which always intrigues me.

House is one of my favorite television characters of all-time. He's up there with Hank Moody and Raymond Reddington.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2739 on: April 20, 2023, 12:12:11 PM »

I did this with my daughter awhile back and it was great.  I still think Season 1 is unsurpassed.  My favorite episode of the entire series will always be 'The Room.'
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2740 on: April 20, 2023, 12:28:24 PM »

I did this with my daughter awhile back and it was great.  I still think Season 1 is unsurpassed.  My favorite episode of the entire series will always be 'The Room.'

Maybe I should watch, I recall when I was younger my mother was obsessed with SFU.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2741 on: April 20, 2023, 12:33:22 PM »
It really is a great show cram. You'll probably be hooked after a few episodes. I'm curious now, please let me know what you think if you decide to watch it.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2742 on: April 20, 2023, 12:36:15 PM »
This show 'Silo' that is coming out on Apple TV looks pretty interesting. Will definitely be checking it out.

https://youtu.be/8ZYhuvIv1pA

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2743 on: April 21, 2023, 08:56:09 AM »
This show 'Silo' that is coming out on Apple TV looks pretty interesting. Will definitely be checking it out.

I really liked that book series, and am looking forward to the show.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2744 on: April 21, 2023, 09:21:05 PM »
Watched the first 2 episodes of Mrs. Davis. Quirky show that is right in my wheelhouse. Betty Gilpin is fantastic.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2745 on: April 25, 2023, 02:26:27 PM »
Finished up the second season of HBO's Perry Mason.  What a cool show.  If you aren't in on that, you're missing out.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2746 on: April 25, 2023, 02:31:55 PM »
Finished up the second season of HBO's Perry Mason.  What a cool show.  If you aren't in on that, you're missing out.

One of my good friends and his wife just told me about this. I'm going to check it out.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2747 on: April 26, 2023, 06:15:46 AM »
Finished season 1 and 2, respectively, of Only Murders in the Building and What We Do in the Shadows.

Now I'm watching High Fidelity, Reservation Dogs and I started season 3 of The Mandalorian before finding out that apparently I had to watch The Book of Boba Fett first so I guess I'll have to switch.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2748 on: April 28, 2023, 04:40:57 PM »
Love and Death - Lizzie awesome as always. Plenty of . . . (Redacted)

Offline nick_z

« Reply #2749 on: April 29, 2023, 04:21:36 PM »

Really enjoyed the first season, haven't gotten around to watching the second season yet. But it's definitely in the queue  :)

Currently, my wife and I are watching The Diplomat on Netflix - it's very, very good. Great acting all around.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2750 on: April 29, 2023, 05:04:27 PM »
Gene Simmons Family Jewels.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: May 06, 2023, 10:08:28 AM »

First two episodes are out....watched them both last night. REALLY cool! Loved it! Were all the episodes available I'd have binged the entire thing last night. Interesting story, top notch cast....great feel and atmosphere to it all.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2752 on: May 06, 2023, 01:20:59 PM »
Couple of DisneyPlus hidden gems:

Reservoir dogs, about a gang of teen native americans living in Oklahoma and dreaming to get out, finished the first season, quite good!
High Fidelity, with Zoe Kravitz reprising a role that in a previous movie belonged to her mother, about life and love troubles of a vinyl record store owner, would have loved a second season however.

Now I finished The Book of Boba Fett so I could get back on season 3 of The Mandalorian, and I'm also on season 3 of What We Do in the Shadows and season 2 of Only Murders in the Building.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2753 on: May 08, 2023, 08:55:05 AM »
I started Mrs. Davis on Peacock.

Holy shit, that show is bonkers.  I like it a lot so far.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2754 on: May 08, 2023, 09:35:43 AM »
Couple of DisneyPlus hidden gems:

Reservoir dogs, about a gang of teen native americans living in Oklahoma and dreaming to get out, finished the first season, quite good!

That's Reservation Dogs.  It's on Hulu in the US.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2755 on: May 08, 2023, 11:22:15 PM »
Watched the Season finale of ‘Rabbit Hole’. Really good stuff and a well done show. I like that they could leave it as is and it’d be a perfect ending or they could also throw another one out there.

Online The Realm

« Reply #2756 on: May 08, 2023, 11:54:40 PM »
I started Mrs. Davis on Peacock.

Holy shit, that show is bonkers.  I like it a lot so far.

Agree, it is bonkers!

I've watched 2 episodes so far but really enjoying it.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2757 on: May 09, 2023, 03:33:36 AM »
Watched the first 3 episodes of 'Citadel' on Prime.  Considering the amount of money they have thrown at it - it's all rather average so far.
Finished up 'The Night Agent' on Netflix, decent enough show would probably watch another season if they make one.

Online The Realm

« Reply #2758 on: May 10, 2023, 03:02:57 AM »
Citadel is ok, not great but watchable. It does feel like there isn't enough on the screen to justify the budget, it looks cheap to me.

I thought The Night Agent started well but quickly became very implausible and over the top. I wanted to stop watching it but I saw it through to the end.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2759 on: May 10, 2023, 03:45:06 AM »
I thought The Night Agent started well but quickly became very implausible and over the top. I wanted to stop watching it but I saw it through to the end.

They spent way to much time in the early episodes with the two quirky assassins (who acted like they were in a entirely different show).  Without wishing to go to far into spoiler land, they didn't really have much impact to warrant all that screentime and buildup.

Online The Realm

« Reply #2760 on: May 10, 2023, 04:53:30 AM »

They spent way to much time in the early episodes with the two quirky assassins (who acted like they were in a entirely different show).  Without wishing to go to far into spoiler land, they didn't really have much impact to warrant all that screentime and buildup.

Yes, agree. Just really didn't add anything to the show and the pay off also wasn't there. I also wasn't a fan of some of the acting in the show, one character in particular, but that could just be me.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2761 on: May 10, 2023, 05:25:09 AM »

Yes, agree. Just really didn't add anything to the show and the pay off also wasn't there. I also wasn't a fan of some of the acting in the show, one character in particular, but that could just be me.

Vice Presidents Daughter?

Online The Realm

« Reply #2762 on: May 10, 2023, 04:44:38 PM »

Vice Presidents Daughter?

White House Chief of Staff

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #2763 on: May 10, 2023, 08:30:58 PM »
Just finished season 1 of Beef on netflix. Enjoyed the show and based on the ending could be renewed, but you never know with Netflix.

Watching the Diplomat on Netflix.  Really enjoying the show.  Political drama with humor.  Stars Keri Russell(The Americans) and Rufus Sewell(The man in the high castle).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 04:18:34 AM by mike099 »
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #2764 on: May 11, 2023, 04:02:24 PM »
Just finished season 1 of Beef on netflix. Enjoyed the show and based on the ending could be renewed, but you never know with Netflix.

Watching the Diplomat on Netflix.  Really enjoying the show.  Political drama with humor.  Stars Keri Russell(The Americans) and Rufus Sewell(The man in the high castle).

Really enjoyed the Diplomat. Great acting by everyone