Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212841 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2450 on: November 24, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day Marathon

It’s the only “Thanksgiving tradition” I follow.  ;D
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2451 on: November 25, 2022, 10:28:12 PM »
Got three episodes of Wednesday down.... I think this one is going to be quite surprising, very, very good so far.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2452 on: November 25, 2022, 11:44:53 PM »
Finished S2 of ‘Warrior Nun’ on Netflix. Fun show……S2 ended with a set up for another season so I’m sure Netflix will cancel it  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2453 on: November 26, 2022, 02:25:08 AM »
The Santa Clauses.

It's a little on the dramatic side for kids, but as a Tim Allen fan and a fan of the original movie, I'm really enjoying it. I'm excited to see where it goes.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2454 on: December 06, 2022, 05:17:09 AM »
In my fashion of alternating a short series with a longer one (short in running time), I'm watching Season 2 of Schitt's Creek and Season 5 of The Americans. Eventually I'm gonna see this show through.

I just got for my birthday a Netflix 3 months subscription so I'll have to watch most of non-Netflix stuff I can before going back to the red N from January 'til March  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2455 on: December 06, 2022, 06:45:49 AM »
The Santa Clauses.

It's a little on the dramatic side for kids, but as a Tim Allen fan and a fan of the original movie, I'm really enjoying it. I'm excited to see where it goes.

I started this too as the OG film is one of my favorite Christmas movies. I don't hate it. I don't love it either, but it's not the train wreck I thought it was going to be. I've had a couple legit laughs. I fell asleep with about 10 minutes left of the second episode. I'll get back to it soon.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2456 on: December 06, 2022, 09:57:28 AM »
Yellowstone

I'm way late to the bandwagon, but holy shit is this a great show. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2457 on: December 06, 2022, 10:10:14 AM »
Yellowstone

I've yet to start this one but have heard that it's really good. I may wait until it's done and over with and just go full 'binge' mode on it. I mean, I did Breaking Bad in 13 days.....might as well just wait to see what I could do with this one.  :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2458 on: December 06, 2022, 10:10:55 AM »
Yellowstone

:metal

It is good, but the current season is my least favorite thus far.

Just started The Devil's Hour on Prime.  I love Peter Capaldi, which is why I'm watching it, but I've only seen the first episode so far, and the Capaldi ratio was way too low, so hopefully that increases as we go.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2459 on: December 06, 2022, 10:28:52 AM »
Finished off The Peripheral last night.  Really good, thoughtful Sci-Fi series.  Every episode gave me something intriguing and/or surprising.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2460 on: December 06, 2022, 10:53:13 AM »
Finished off The Peripheral last night.  Really good, thoughtful Sci-Fi series.  Every episode gave me something intriguing and/or surprising.

Yeah....I like this one as well. Very interesting concept and I thought they did a good job of developing multiple characters which was good to see. A lot of times these shows will focus on one or two characters and the rest of them are just background and fluff....but this show did a good job of having several interesting characters interwound in the story. Pretty neat.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2461 on: December 11, 2022, 08:17:26 PM »
Finally finished Devs. Damn, what an amazing show. Pretty weird and unique, loved it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2462 on: December 11, 2022, 08:41:33 PM »
Finally finished Devs. Damn, what an amazing show. Pretty weird and unique, loved it.

Agree. Very unique…..very weird…..but it worked really well. I’d love a second season to expand on that ending but I think it’s fine how it is.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2463 on: December 12, 2022, 05:56:59 AM »
I started M*A*S*H for the first time a couple of nights ago. Definitely showing its age in places, but you can definitely see why it was acclaimed, even in the early episodes.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2464 on: December 12, 2022, 10:35:26 AM »

Agree. Very unique…..very weird…..but it worked really well. I’d love a second season to expand on that ending but I think it’s fine how it is.
Yeah, although I honestly think it'd be very hard to follow up given how tied up everything felt. But I trust Garland and his team, who knows.

Now, I really want to start Severance, only watched a 3 second clip and it was pretty weird, and I need more ;D

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2465 on: December 12, 2022, 10:50:13 AM »

Yeah, although I honestly think it'd be very hard to follow up given how tied up everything felt. But I trust Garland and his team, who knows.

Now, I really want to start Severance, only watched a 3 second clip and it was pretty weird, and I need more ;D

You'll love 'Severance'.....especially if you dug 'Devs'. Completely different shows but the feel is the same as far as it being unique/weird......very cool stuff.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2466 on: December 12, 2022, 05:50:41 PM »
Caught up on season two of Avenue 5 over the last few days. A lot more middling than the debut season, which I really enjoyed.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2467 on: December 13, 2022, 04:32:58 AM »
Just finished up the Netflix series Wednesday, about Wednesday Addams. A lot of cooky spooky fun, and highly recommended.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2468 on: December 13, 2022, 04:58:32 AM »
Watched The Patient on Disney+.  Very Meh show, good acting but the plot never really caught fire.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2469 on: December 13, 2022, 05:21:47 AM »
The Santa Clauses.

I started this too as the OG film is one of my favorite Christmas movies. I don't hate it. I don't love it either, but it's not the train wreck I thought it was going to be. I've had a couple legit laughs. I fell asleep with about 10 minutes left of the second episode. I'll get back to it soon.

jingle.family has pounded out 4 episodes.  The first 3 felt very rushed.  The Peyton Manning scene was fucking gold though.  Elizabeth Mitchell doesn't look like she's aged a day since SC2.  Kal Penn's character is a douche - I hope they're not setting him up for redemption... but they probably are.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2470 on: December 13, 2022, 09:08:36 PM »
Didn't even know it was a thing, but Octavia Butler's Kindred is a series on Hulu.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2471 on: December 15, 2022, 04:36:16 PM »
Ok...so I'm on Ep2 and this one looks really promising. Not sure who's read Butler's novel Kindred, but it was an all time favorite of mine. Basically the premise is that a black author in present day keeps getting pulled into the 1850's south to save a white ancestor of hers. The Hulu series is already taking liberties with the story, curious to see how far they diverge, but it seems to be done pretty solid so far.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2472 on: December 16, 2022, 08:39:18 PM »
Aaaaaaand one day later and I'm done with all 8 episodes of Kindred. Really solid show, tremendous drama.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2473 on: December 23, 2022, 02:28:51 PM »
Hammered out S3 of ‘Jack Ryan’ on Amazon. Just your typical Clancy stuff……wasn’t bad by any means but wasn’t incredible either.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #2474 on: December 24, 2022, 01:10:51 AM »
I loved Severance. Amazing first season. Fascinated to see what they do for a second season.

Currently halfway through S1 of The White Lotus, which I didn't really fancy the description of, but is exceeding expectations wildly. The acting and timing is just superb.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2475 on: December 24, 2022, 05:49:50 AM »
Willow on Disney +

It's definitely very strange, and I completely approve!  :tup :tup
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2476 on: December 24, 2022, 06:33:18 AM »
Finished Orphan Black season 2. Cool, but season 1 had the whole intrigue going on and now that we know what it is all about, it kinda lost a bit of steam, but it was still good.

Finished also Schitt's Creek season 2, funny as the first one.

And I'm finishining the seventh and final season of Veep, this show is so wickedly glorious. I would have watched forever but it's nice to leave while still on top rather than dragging it on forever. I will miss it and cherish it, amazing and ferocious black comedy.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline krands85

« Reply #2477 on: December 24, 2022, 06:56:21 AM »
And I'm finishining the seventh and final season of Veep, this show is so wickedly glorious. I would have watched forever but it's nice to leave while still on top rather than dragging it on forever. I will miss it and cherish it, amazing and ferocious black comedy.
Have you ever watched The Thick of It?
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2478 on: December 24, 2022, 10:53:07 AM »
Willow on Disney +

It's definitely very strange, and I completely approve!  :tup :tup

FYI re dedicated (although not terribly active) thread:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57484.0
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2479 on: December 24, 2022, 02:10:58 PM »

Yes and I loved that as well!

Offline krands85

« Reply #2480 on: December 24, 2022, 05:33:13 PM »

Yes and I loved that as well!
:tup One of my favourites. I still haven't got round to watching Veep yet, despite meaning to do it for years  :facepalm:

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2481 on: December 25, 2022, 02:55:08 AM »
Oh, find some time definitively. It's just as ferocious and with rapid-fire cynical jokes as the english counterpart, while being its own thing and not a ripoff.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2482 on: December 27, 2022, 01:25:53 PM »
Started watching Jack Ryan on a whim.  Halfway through Season 2.  I was a fan of Clancy's novels back in the 80s and 90s, so I was interested.

Everyone involved is doing a good job, but this isn't the character I liked from Clancy's books, even if you factor in updating it to current day.  They could have called it anything, and it wouldn't have been any different.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2483 on: December 27, 2022, 10:13:20 PM »
The Santa Clauses.

jingle.family has pounded out 4 episodes.  The first 3 felt very rushed.  The Peyton Manning scene was fucking gold though.  Elizabeth Mitchell doesn't look like she's aged a day since SC2.  Kal Penn's character is a douche - I hope they're not setting him up for redemption... but they probably are.
After finishing the show, my final thoughts are... it was okay. I think its biggest problem is that it introduces a lot of cool ideas and then immediately resolves them or glosses over them. It just felt very shallow because of that. But it was fine.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2484 on: December 28, 2022, 12:42:38 PM »
I'm back on Netflix!

My starting lineup will be:

Dead to Me, third and final season
Locke and Key, third and final season
(Liked them but not overly in love with both, but I want to see them through)
Wednesday (let's see why goths are suddenly popular)
1899 (I just have to see if it's mindufuckey as Dark)