Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212992 times)

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2415 on: October 14, 2022, 12:38:58 PM »
Oh I didn't know they did a show based on the book Shantaram and it premiers today even. That book and story is just insane.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2416 on: October 15, 2022, 08:07:19 AM »
Andor
She-Hulk
House of the Dragon
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2417 on: October 15, 2022, 09:24:34 AM »
Finished SEE on Apple TV. I enjoyed the series……once you suspend the disbelief that these blind people could ‘do’ the things they were doing……it was a fun show. Really well done as far as production, neat characters…..neat concept

Was a bit disappointed in the series finale episode though. It was pretty underwhelming. It rounded the story out just fine…..it honored the characters…..but it didn’t feel like a series closing episode.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2418 on: October 20, 2022, 12:15:42 PM »
About to start "Utopia" (the UK version).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2419 on: October 23, 2022, 11:39:47 AM »
Finally tackling Succession (after watching the pilot a year or two ago, liking it, and then never getting back to it).  Early on in Season 2.  I can't recall a show like this where almost every major character is extraordinarily unlikable, but it's entertaining as hell for sure.  The one character I enjoy the most is Tom.  I frequently LOL at his dialogue and his facial reactions/expressions.   

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2420 on: October 23, 2022, 04:16:44 PM »
Anyone else ever check out a show called The Bear? Having worked in a kitchen, that show is just one punch in the nuts after the next. It's so well done.   

RJ, I think you'd dig it.

Yes The Bear is excellent. Highly recommended.

I binged it in two anxiety ridden days.

Just started The Peripheral on Amazon, this one looks really good. Based on William Gibson's work

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2421 on: October 25, 2022, 11:27:38 PM »

Just started The Peripheral on Amazon, this one looks really good. Based on William Gibson's work

Just watched the first two episodes. Pretty cool so far. Interesting concept

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2422 on: October 26, 2022, 05:33:16 AM »

Just watched the first two episodes. Pretty cool so far. Interesting concept
I saw the trailer and it got me interested. I'll try to start it over the weekend
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2423 on: October 26, 2022, 09:55:08 PM »
I haven't been able to watch much with all of my wife's recent health issues, but I finally finished Welcome To Wrexham tonight. Very well done documentary that made me really root for the team. Big Ted Lasso kind of parallel in it.

With She-Hulk done the only other thing I am really watching right now is Andor. Oh, I did catch Sunday's Doctor Who. Otherwise, my TV watching has been massively curtailed.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline nick_z

« Reply #2424 on: October 27, 2022, 07:10:33 PM »
Finally tackling Succession (after watching the pilot a year or two ago, liking it, and then never getting back to it).  Early on in Season 2.  I can't recall a show like this where almost every major character is extraordinarily unlikable, but it's entertaining as hell for sure.  The one character I enjoy the most is Tom.  I frequently LOL at his dialogue and his facial reactions/expressions.

This is a great show. I liked the first season, but I wasn't blown away by it (except - arguably - for the season finale, which was pretty incredible). The second season was amazing, and the third was almost as good. Looking forward to the new one next year. Greg and Tom are definitely the top characters for me...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2425 on: October 28, 2022, 08:26:02 PM »

This is a great show. I liked the first season, but I wasn't blown away by it (except - arguably - for the season finale, which was pretty incredible). The second season was amazing, and the third was almost as good. Looking forward to the new one next year. Greg and Tom are definitely the top characters for me...

I am shocked so many people seem to like the Greg character.  I guess his overall clumsiness is amusing, but he basically comes off like an idiot who's in way over his head and whose allegiances are dictated by whatever doofus thoughts are running through his head.  I think the show is great in spite of characters like him and Roman, the latter of whom ruins so many scenes with his incessant chatter.  It's like having a 4-year old yapping non-stop when the adults are talking, 95% of the time when Roman speaks.

Offline krands85

« Reply #2426 on: October 29, 2022, 06:50:45 AM »
I wasn't a fan of Greg when I first started watching, but he grew on me a lot.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2427 on: October 29, 2022, 08:52:36 AM »
Just started watching Tehran.  So far we really like it!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2428 on: October 31, 2022, 08:28:16 AM »
Ghosts.  It's an average show at best; I don't really like any of the characters, except Hetty, and yet... every episode there's like one line that just makes me want to come back and watch another episode.   :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2429 on: October 31, 2022, 11:25:19 AM »
Just started Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix.  Fun stuff so far.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2430 on: October 31, 2022, 11:27:10 AM »
After doing a big re-watch of Sex and the City with my fiancee (who hadn't seen it) and mostly really enjoying it, and then seeing the two movies again (One of which was truly painful) we finally watched the sequel show on HBO. I was excited for it, truly.

And good LORD was it terrible. There were good moments, and a few good story arcs, but this was truly disappointing and difficult to watch.

I imagine not too many people here have any interest in Sex and the City, but if you like the show, you can skip the sequel show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2431 on: October 31, 2022, 11:28:24 AM »
After doing a big re-watch of Sex and the City with my fiancee (who hadn't seen it) and mostly really enjoying it, and then seeing the two movies again (One of which was truly painful) we finally watched the sequel show on HBO. I was excited for it, truly.

And good LORD was it terrible. There were good moments, and a few good story arcs, but this was truly disappointing and difficult to watch.

I imagine not too many people here have any interest in Sex and the City, but if you like the show, you can skip the sequel show.
I watched some of that show with my wife.  She was kind of indifferent to it, after really liking the original.  I was kind of indifferent to the original, and thought the new one was kinda wack.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2432 on: October 31, 2022, 01:03:38 PM »
No Kim Cattrall = no Stadler.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2433 on: October 31, 2022, 01:22:50 PM »
No Kim Cattrall = no Stadler.

Given that she's not in the show, AND the bad blood between her and SJP, I was surprised at how well they handled the character in show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2434 on: October 31, 2022, 03:58:05 PM »

I got through two episodes of that monstrosity (whatever they are calling the new show) and bailed. It was horrendous.  The wit and humor from the original was completely gone.  I don't think think even Kim Cattrall could have saved it, although her absence was certainly glaring. 

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2435 on: October 31, 2022, 09:01:53 PM »
Started The Devil's Hour on Amazon. Peter Capaldi lured me to it and man, he does not disappoint. The whole cast has been fantastic, especially the kid that plays Isaac. I may see him in my nightmares. Kid is beyond freaky.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2436 on: November 03, 2022, 06:35:21 AM »
Sequestered in a hotel room in Florida. So a binge watch of Burn Notice seemed fitting.

Forgot how happy the first 3-4 seasons made me.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2437 on: November 03, 2022, 08:09:55 AM »
Started The Devil's Hour on Amazon. Peter Capaldi lured me to it and man, he does not disappoint. The whole cast has been fantastic, especially the kid that plays Isaac. I may see him in my nightmares. Kid is beyond freaky.
On my list.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2438 on: November 09, 2022, 05:38:53 AM »
Finished Season 2 of Parks and Recreation. Absolutely brilliant, as suggested by folks in here it's just like The Office - the second season vastly improves upon the six-episodes first season. Can't wait to follow the guys in season 3!

Started Schitt's Creek. So far, so good, I'm just three episodes in.

Started House of the Dragon. One episode was enough for Westeros to win me back over  :metal
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 07:02:13 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2439 on: November 09, 2022, 06:21:52 AM »
You're in for some good TV!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2440 on: November 09, 2022, 06:40:35 AM »
Devs
I swear I'm gonna finish it soon, it's such a short series but I've barely been watching anything other than YouTube lately :lol. But now that I've got a media server (Jellyfin) set up, and a nice TV, I'm determined to watch an episode every day of all the stuff I've got pending. So far this has been excellent.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2441 on: November 09, 2022, 07:20:50 AM »
Devs
I swear I'm gonna finish it soon, it's such a short series but I've barely been watching anything other than YouTube lately :lol. But now that I've got a media server (Jellyfin) set up, and a nice TV, I'm determined to watch an episode every day of all the stuff I've got pending. So far this has been excellent.

I watched that back in the day when it was airing on Hulu. VERY interesting show.....I won't spoil anything but the ending is perfectly in line with how the story is being told and it keeps the same commitment to the characters. It didn't feel 'cheap' meaning I like how they didn't use the same tired tropes to close the season/show out.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2442 on: November 09, 2022, 07:33:17 PM »
HEY BABY I HEAR THE BLUES A CALLIN

TOSSED SALADS AND SCRAMBLED EGGS!!!!

(quite stylish)

:hat

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2443 on: November 09, 2022, 08:00:41 PM »
GOODNIGHT SEATTLE!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Offline nick_z

« Reply #2444 on: November 12, 2022, 03:23:34 PM »

I got through two episodes of that monstrosity (whatever they are calling the new show) and bailed. It was horrendous.  The wit and humor from the original was completely gone.  I don't think think even Kim Cattrall could have saved it, although her absence was certainly glaring.

Couldn't agree more. One of the worst shows - relative to how "iconic" the original was - in recent memory. I lasted a little longer than you did, but not much. My wife ended up finishing it for the sake of finishing, and confirmed there was no redemption  :biggrin:

Finished Season 2 of Parks and Recreation. Absolutely brilliant, as suggested by folks in here it's just like The Office - the second season vastly improves upon the six-episodes first season. Can't wait to follow the guys in season 3!

Parks and Rec is fantastic. The tone shifts a bit as the show progresses, more "positive" and less The Office-like awkwardness. Still, tons of laughs. And I love how it manages to be super-funny and heartwarming at the same time. It's not an easy balance to strike, and the show does it beautifully (imo)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2445 on: November 14, 2022, 09:33:29 AM »
I started watching Blockbuster yesterday.  I made it through seven episodes, but it really felt a bit like a re-hashed version of Superstore (I guess not surprising since the creator formerly worked on Superstore).  I'll probably stick with it through the last three episodes because I really liked Melissa Fumero on Brooklyn 99, but I'm not sure I'd go any further.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2446 on: November 14, 2022, 09:58:17 AM »
Watched The Watched last week.  This house is only 30 minutes away from me so I felt like I needed to watch (also I like Bobby Carnivale). Thought it was great until the end.  Now I'm reading up on the true story.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2447 on: November 14, 2022, 10:20:39 AM »
Tried watching that Steve Carell show 'The Patient'   They should have just named it 'test your patience' because that's how utterly boring and rudimentary the show is. Watched 4 episodes and there's a 99% chance that I'll not go back to watch the rest. I had been told by several people to watch it.....that is was 'soooo good'  Well, I emphatically disagree. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2448 on: November 14, 2022, 10:42:34 AM »
I started watching Blockbuster yesterday.  I made it through seven episodes, but it really felt a bit like a re-hashed version of Superstore (I guess not surprising since the creator formerly worked on Superstore).  I'll probably stick with it through the last three episodes because I really liked Melissa Fumero on Brooklyn 99, but I'm not sure I'd go any further.

I mentioned in the Netflix thread that I didn't make it to episode 4 of this show. I wanted so bad for it to be good. It has a great cast.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2449 on: November 20, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »
Finished season 1 of Schitt's Creek, which was great and funny, and House of the Dragon.

Moving on to Veep Season 6 and Westworld season 4, keeping my combo of funny stuff + big drama. I hope I'll make some sense of what happens in Westworld...
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!