Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 217422 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2205 on: July 06, 2022, 10:30:11 AM »
The bitchy tone and those long legs.  Giggity. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2206 on: July 07, 2022, 12:10:19 PM »
I hope this is done well.....Daredevil on NETFLIX was so great.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daredevil-series-works-disney-charlie-204432190.html
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2207 on: July 08, 2022, 10:47:28 AM »
Has anyone here watched 'For All Mankind' on Apple TV? Is it worth the time investment to begin watching? I've been contemplating taking this one on.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2208 on: July 08, 2022, 10:50:22 AM »
Has anyone here watched 'For All Mankind' on Apple TV? Is it worth the time investment to begin watching? I've been contemplating taking this one on.

It's on my list and I keep hearing amazing things about it. I will watch it once the current season is done.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2209 on: July 08, 2022, 12:06:59 PM »
I would say yes, it's quite entertaining although a bit Hollywood at times but overall a good show.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2210 on: July 10, 2022, 11:18:30 AM »
Will be curious to see your thought on Rebels. I loved the series….thought it was fun and no real ‘wasted’ episodes

Watched just 5 episodes so far. I like it. There's so much ahead...

There is quite a bit of really cool stuff to come....some interesting storylines and character development that from what I hear.....will be essential knowledge and central to the 'Ahsoka' series on Disney plus. Maybe not 'essential' knowledge but hearing some of the casting choices and characters that will be in the show I think it'd be better to be familiar with Rebels than not in order to fully enjoy it.

S03E07 (so far) and lovin't it. Really good show.
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2211 on: July 10, 2022, 11:19:13 AM »
Star Wars Rebels
The Orville
The Boys
Westworld

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2212 on: July 10, 2022, 11:47:58 AM »
In the middle of Doom Patrol season 3. So well done.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2213 on: July 10, 2022, 11:59:01 AM »
In the middle of Doom Patrol season 3. So well done.

Amazing show!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2214 on: July 10, 2022, 01:47:52 PM »
Will be curious to see your thought on Rebels. I loved the series….thought it was fun and no real ‘wasted’ episodes

Watched just 5 episodes so far. I like it. There's so much ahead...

There is quite a bit of really cool stuff to come....some interesting storylines and character development that from what I hear.....will be essential knowledge and central to the 'Ahsoka' series on Disney plus. Maybe not 'essential' knowledge but hearing some of the casting choices and characters that will be in the show I think it'd be better to be familiar with Rebels than not in order to fully enjoy it.

S03E07 (so far) and lovin't it. Really good show.

Cool! Glad you’re enjoying it

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2215 on: July 11, 2022, 11:40:25 AM »
The wife and I began a rewatch of season 1 of True Detective.  Our youngest is along for the ride.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2216 on: July 11, 2022, 11:53:00 AM »
Never have I Ever season 2
The Boys season 3
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2217 on: July 11, 2022, 11:57:05 AM »
The Boys season 3

Goth great.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online faizoff

« Reply #2218 on: July 11, 2022, 12:00:13 PM »
Season 3 of The Boys was fantastic and my favorite one so far. Going to rewatch it soon.

Can't wait for season 3 of Never Have I Ever next month.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2219 on: July 11, 2022, 03:06:37 PM »
The Boys season 3

Goth great.

I can't tell if this is a typo or a clever play on words (I suppose if I knew anything about these shows it might clue me in, but I don't).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Adami

« Reply #2220 on: July 11, 2022, 03:12:19 PM »
The Boys season 3

Goth great.

I can't tell if this is a typo or a clever play on words (I suppose if I knew anything about these shows it might clue me in, but I don't).

Haha just a typo. But if there is something clever in it, I’ll glad take credit for it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2221 on: July 11, 2022, 10:54:30 PM »
Started ‘Banshee’ tonight. Got two episodes in. I keep waiting for the Sheriff to go all Homelander on everyone  :lol   Pretty fun show though thus far.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2222 on: July 12, 2022, 07:07:56 AM »
Started ‘Banshee’ tonight. Got two episodes in. I keep waiting for the Sheriff to go all Homelander on everyone  :lol   Pretty fun show though thus far.

Is it legit good or it's one of those things one watches, ehm, "for the plot"?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2223 on: July 12, 2022, 08:39:01 AM »

I only watched it all very recently (think I finished it about 3 weeks ago) - It was really good, one of those 'must watch another episode' shows.  On the slightly negative side the final season was the weakest, but all in all very enjoyable and a lot of fun, not a style of substance type show and it sure ain't subtle!

Oh and gmillerdrake - episode 3 is the first great episode, you should enjoy it!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2224 on: July 12, 2022, 08:53:16 AM »

I only watched it all very recently (think I finished it about 3 weeks ago) - It was really good, one of those 'must watch another episode' shows.  On the slightly negative side the final season was the weakest, but all in all very enjoyable and a lot of fun, not a style of substance type show and it sure ain't subtle!

Oh and gmillerdrake - episode 3 is the first great episode, you should enjoy it!

Cool....looking forward to it.

It does seem like a pretty 'basic' show as far as storyline/characters etc etc. It looks like it's shaping up to be each episode will contain some sort of fight, some sort of gratuitous sex scene and some sort of resolution to where the Sheriff turns out to get the job done....and the story will progress along at a pace to where you want to see what happens.  It's done well though and I'm curious to see how it plays out for the most part.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2225 on: July 12, 2022, 05:15:47 PM »

It does seem like a pretty 'basic' show as far as storyline/characters etc etc. It looks like it's shaping up to be each episode will contain some sort of fight, some sort of gratuitous sex scene and some sort of resolution to where the Sheriff turns out to get the job done....and the story will progress along at a pace to where you want to see what happens.  It's done well though and I'm curious to see how it plays out for the most part.

Banshee is fantastic. Kind of over the top here and there, but captivating. Lots of action, tension, sex (really hot girls) awesome visual effects, great characters. Loved it.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2226 on: July 14, 2022, 05:06:05 PM »
The Bear got renewed for a second season. Looking forward to that.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2227 on: July 14, 2022, 11:35:02 PM »

Banshee is fantastic. Kind of over the top here and there, but captivating. Lots of action, tension, sex (really hot girls) awesome visual effects, great characters. Loved it.

Knocked out S1. I dig it. Fun show

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2228 on: July 16, 2022, 05:44:03 AM »
I finally got Apple TV and started Ted Lasso last night, which has been much hyped by quite a few friends and/or co-workers.  First episode seemed really good, but the plot seems totally Major League.  :lol :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2229 on: July 16, 2022, 08:44:00 AM »
I finally got Apple TV and started Ted Lasso last night, which has been much hyped by quite a few friends and/or co-workers.  First episode seemed really good, but the plot seems totally Major League.  :lol :lol

You need to drop everything and watch ‘Severence’……..Ted can wait.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2230 on: July 16, 2022, 11:26:27 AM »

That is hilarious that you say that, because that is the other show that was highly recommended to me for Apple TV.   That and Ted Lasso were the reasons I got it, so I could watch both. Ted Lasso is just one I went for first.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #2231 on: July 16, 2022, 12:08:26 PM »
Ted Lasso is also the first show I watched when I got Apple TV a few months ago. Severance is great too

.I also recommend For All Mankind and Shining Girls.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2232 on: July 16, 2022, 03:44:21 PM »
Just watched the first episode of Resident Evil on Netflix... Quite good so far.

Online Adami

« Reply #2233 on: July 17, 2022, 08:21:19 AM »
Just finished season 7 of Mad About You. I thought the show was meh for the first few seasons but it really did improve and get better. Few bumps, but I ended up really digging it. I just wish they didn't treat the supporting cast as so disposable. I really liked Fran and Mark but they just vanished mostly. Then you'd have other side characters who just vanished. Lisa disappeared for a whole season and I don't think it was mentioned. Gonna start the 8th season/revival soon.

Also halfway through season 3 of Umbrella Academy. Meh. It's not bad, per se, it's just meandering. Yea yea yea, the universe is in peril, blah blah blah. So what are we gonna do? Sit around for the most part. It just feels so aimless. Doesn't really command my attention or interest.

Also didn't like how they handled Victor's transition. Was handled in such a shallow way. I get it was added last minute due to Elliot Page's transition, but they are just assuming you're invested enough in his real life journey, that the show doesn't need to do much with it. Which I think is really lazy. A huge..and I mean HUGE....character development happens in a few minutes, no one really cares, and we all just move on. A really wasted potential. That said, love seeing 5 being 5, and I always enjoy Klaus and Luther. Diego doesn't seem to know what to do and Allison is just....meh.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2234 on: July 17, 2022, 09:31:06 AM »
Just watched the first episode of Resident Evil on Netflix... Quite good so far.

Do I need to know anything about the lore and history of Resident Evil series/games to get into this?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2235 on: July 17, 2022, 11:12:20 AM »

Do I need to know anything about the lore and history of Resident Evil series/games to get into this?

I know absolutely dick about the lore and history of it. It's coming across as basically an origin story.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2236 on: July 17, 2022, 12:42:34 PM »

I know absolutely dick about the lore and history of it. It's coming across as basically an origin story.

Cool. I’ll add it to the list.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2237 on: July 18, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »
Just finished season 7 of Mad About You. I thought the show was meh for the first few seasons but it really did improve and get better. Few bumps, but I ended up really digging it. I just wish they didn't treat the supporting cast as so disposable. I really liked Fran and Mark but they just vanished mostly. Then you'd have other side characters who just vanished. Lisa disappeared for a whole season and I don't think it was mentioned. Gonna start the 8th season/revival soon.

I've mentioned before that I watched MAY as it aired (although I think I didn't start until season 3 or so).  When I re-watched recently, I had ZERO recollection that Fran and Mark had divorced.  Fran stuck around mostly, but Mark mostly disappeared.  They guy who played Paul's best friend for most of the first season completely disappeared, but in one of the later seasons, Paul made an offhand comment about "hey...whatever happened to Selby?"  I believe Ursula didn't appear on MAY while Lisa Kudrow was pregnant (which I believe was season 4 of Friends and season 6 of MAY).  What did you think of the Mel Brooks episodes?  I thought he was WAY too over-the-top and not at all funny.

On my flights last week, I watched season 2 of Upload.  I wish I had re-watched season 1 first because some of the mystery sub-plot went a bit over my head because they didn't recap any of it.

I also have watched most of The Lincoln Lawyer.  I read the book many years ago and enjoyed it (it was an even lighter version of a Grisham book).  I know I saw the movie based on the book, but I don't really remember it.  I've really enjoyed the series.  The guy who plays the titular character is really good, and I really like how they've developed the character and his relationships with his ex-wives.  I never thought much of Neve Campbell back when she was a big deal in the '90s, but she's really good, as is Becki Newton (whom I only know from her role on How I Met Your Mother).  And, while I've never done criminal law, the courtroom scenes are mostly well-done (my biggest nit to pick is that the last couple episodes have had scenes that conflate the attorney-client privilege with an attorney's duty of confidentiality, and that's a bit of a pet peeve for me).  If you enjoyed the Jack Reacher series, I would highly recommend The Lincoln Lawyer.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2238 on: July 18, 2022, 11:58:22 AM »

That is hilarious that you say that, because that is the other show that was highly recommended to me for Apple TV.   That and Ted Lasso were the reasons I got it, so I could watch both. Ted Lasso is just one I went for first.

My wife and I also really enjoyed Foundation.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2239 on: July 18, 2022, 12:13:11 PM »

It's on my list and I keep hearing amazing things about it. I will watch it once the current season is done.
I would say yes, it's quite entertaining although a bit Hollywood at times but overall a good show.

So I plowed through this show and am all caught up to the latest episode 6 in Season 3.

Overall the show is great. However.. like MrBoom said, it gets very Hollywood, aka cliche, overdramatic, roll your eyes  at times. The space stuff is excellent. I liked season 2 more than the first one and three is going great so far with the potential to be the best so far. The drama stuff is hit and miss, works at times to give a lot more depth to characters and dynamics but most of the time it's... just ok. Overall It's very enjoyable.