Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 219251 times)

hefdaddy42 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2170 on: June 20, 2022, 07:05:37 AM »
along with Christa Miller, whom I regretfully didn't know until now.

Give an oportunity to Scrubs. Great show. And Christa is there.

That's one of those 2000s shows that I missed that I feel like I should've watched.  Lost is another, so maybe one of these days.

I should eventually watch Lost, but I can't really stomach Zack Braff so Scrubs is out for me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2171 on: June 20, 2022, 02:35:45 PM »
along with Christa Miller, whom I regretfully didn't know until now.

Give an oportunity to Scrubs. Great show. And Christa is there.

That's one of those 2000s shows that I missed that I feel like I should've watched.  Lost is another, so maybe one of these days.

I should eventually watch Lost, but I can't really stomach Zack Braff so Scrubs is out for me.

Lost comes highly recommended from me.

My gf and I have been obsessed lately over Hotel Hell, on older Gordan Ramsay show were the fixes up hotels not that different than his show doing the same with restaurants.  But for some reason, I find the hotels so interesting and I just love when he rips into the owners. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2172 on: June 22, 2022, 07:46:04 AM »
Finished S6 of Peaky Blinders. I enjoyed it. Yet, while I enjoyed it....I feel like if I had to choose I'd say it's the weakest season of the series. It's evident they've left a continuing story out there to be had....and I've heard rumors that they may do a movie or two...but, it just feels like they're running out of fresh ideas for the show. Only so many times that Tommy can outsmart the people out to get him.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2173 on: June 22, 2022, 08:35:27 AM »
Finished up The Offer on Paramount +.  Highly recommended, especially (obviously) to fans of The Godfather.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2174 on: June 23, 2022, 07:38:31 AM »
I watched the first few episodes of a show called Ghosts last night.   

Absolutely hilarious.

I wrapped up season 1 last night. Very solid all around, and I really enjoyed it. Some episodes were a bit preachy, but that's expected in every sitcom these days. I'm looking forward to season 2 and totally expect Jay to be able to see ghosts next season as well.

I watched the first episode of the UK version too. Seems a lot darker, but good. I'll be giving that a go next.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:24:25 AM by Chino »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2175 on: June 24, 2022, 08:22:07 PM »
All the guys on the chef pages I follow are ranting about The Bear on Hulu... Starting now. I'll report back

5 minutes in, I'm in love....basically it's a high end chef taking over his brother's sandwich shop after he dies.

"any of you incel, 4-chan, snyder cut motherfuckers wanna get out of line now?" :lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:51:16 PM by lonestar »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2176 on: June 24, 2022, 08:54:35 PM »
All the guys on the chef pages I follow are ranting about The Bear on Hulu... Starting now. I'll report back

5 minutes in, I'm in love....basically it's a high end chef taking over his brother's sandwich shop after he dies.

"any of you incel, 4-chan, snyder cut motherfuckers wanna get out of line now?" :lol

So I should wait for the 5 foot Snyder cut?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2177 on: June 24, 2022, 10:21:12 PM »
Three episodes down. This show is outstanding, highly, highly recommended for everyone.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2178 on: June 25, 2022, 12:39:31 PM »
Ok...finished The Bear.

What an outstanding production in every aspect, and the attention to detail is amazing. If anyone wants a taste of the pure chaos of a restaurant, this has it in spades. The gray patina on the walk in walls from years of chemical cleanings, the zooming in on the searing beef as it shrinks and expands in the pan, it all checks. But it also has a painful dive into addiction and the effects it has on those in it's blast radius, done really well.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2179 on: June 25, 2022, 01:15:13 PM »
My current Netflix line up:

Man vs Bee (with Rowan Atkinson)
The Umbrella Academy season 3
Love and Anarchy season 2 (quirky and weird little swedish show, love it)
God's Favorite Idiot
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2180 on: June 26, 2022, 09:18:18 AM »
Mayans MC, season... three I think it is.    Good stuff.  I'm only 3 episodes in out of 10, but high quality.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2181 on: June 26, 2022, 12:53:05 PM »
The Guardians of Justice on Netflix.

It's kind of like the storytelling of Watchmen crossed with the production aesthetic of Sin City mixed with a video game. On the second episode now. Pretty cool so far.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2182 on: June 26, 2022, 10:14:56 PM »
Finished Guardians from the post above. Pretty darn good. DDP is a good actor.

Saw the posts about The Bear and then saw a commercial about it and it had Chicago and the greatest sandwich in the history of man, the Italian Beef, and I had to watch. Knocked out 6 episodes. The show isn't flashy but it really sucks you in, and Italian Beef. The main reason I can never leave Northern Illinois. Italian Beef just does not exist outside this area, at least not any that's worth anything. That and the pizza.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2183 on: June 27, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »

I'm mostly interested in the Italian Beef (my family's from Chicago).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2184 on: June 28, 2022, 12:11:34 PM »
Just watched 3 episodes of, "The Old Man."  It's on FX.  Really well done so far.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2185 on: June 29, 2022, 08:08:06 AM »
Finished S3 of 'The Umbrella Academy"  I was 'meh'.....I think that story/series has pretty much ran it's course....a LOT of rinse and repeat storylines and character arcs. Of course they set up a S4.....I'd probably tune in out of obligation due to having watched the first three seasons but S3 wasn't exactly 'inspiring'

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2186 on: June 29, 2022, 05:42:44 PM »
Finished S3 of 'The Umbrella Academy"  I was 'meh'.....I think that story/series has pretty much ran it's course....a LOT of rinse and repeat storylines and character arcs. Of course they set up a S4.....I'd probably tune in out of obligation due to having watched the first three seasons but S3 wasn't exactly 'inspiring'

That’s a shame! I really dug the first two seasons. Will watch this but not sure when. Working so much has given me much less TV time especially if Emily wants to watch it with me. So I can’t just sneak it in if a client no shows.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2187 on: June 29, 2022, 05:48:31 PM »

That’s a shame! I really dug the first two seasons. Will watch this but not sure when. Working so much has given me much less TV time especially if Emily wants to watch it with me. So I can’t just sneak it in if a client no shows.

Yeah…..still give it a go. I dig the first two seasons a lot….. It wasn’t “bad” per day but it’s starting to suffer from what most shows they get in to 3-4 seasons suffer from…..a lot of rehashing and not so creative storytelling.

Would be curious to see what you think.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2188 on: June 29, 2022, 05:58:50 PM »
Been meaning to start that show, what would you say it compares to? In terms of tone, story telling?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2189 on: June 29, 2022, 07:00:20 PM »
Been meaning to start that show, what would you say it compares to? In terms of tone, story telling?

Hmmm…..trying to think of the best comparison. Tone wise it’s almost like a playful darkness……it’s pretty ate up at times but they do it in a way where it’s not over the top, it’s tasteful. There’s a fun sci fi element to it wrapped in some mystery as well. First two seasons were pretty fun……and to reiterate my sentiments from earlier…..third season isn’t ‘bad’ but there’s nothing to it. It’s just the same basic story we’ve seen a hundred times in others shows and this one’s.

I’ll try to recall a series that it can compare to and pop back in. Nothing is coming to mind immediately right now.

****I watched the first season of Magicians on SyFy when it first came out. This show has that type of vibe/feel****
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:08:46 PM by gmillerdrake »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2190 on: June 29, 2022, 07:27:24 PM »
I think I have an idea of what to expect, thanks I'll try to squeeze it in somewhere lol.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2191 on: June 29, 2022, 07:28:53 PM »
I started the first episode of S3... Just wasn't feeling it.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2192 on: June 30, 2022, 08:34:14 AM »

I'm 6 episodes in.  Except for Allison pissing me off, I'm enjoying it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2193 on: June 30, 2022, 09:15:10 AM »

I'm 6 episodes in.  Except for Allison pissing me off, I'm enjoying it.

This was a huge issue for me this season.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2194 on: July 05, 2022, 12:05:07 PM »
I finished The Umbrella Academy 3.

It's a bit above "along for the ride" territory for me. Good, nice, sometimes I have some genuine laughs, but I'm not way too crazy about it, I can survive just fine for whatever it will take for season 4.

I've realized that Five is my favorite character. The kid has impressive skills to portray a cranky old man stuck in a teenager's body.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2195 on: July 05, 2022, 01:51:22 PM »

It's a bit above "along for the ride" territory for me. Good, nice, sometimes I have some genuine laughs, but I'm not way too crazy about it, I can survive just fine for whatever it will take for season 4.

I've realized that Five is my favorite character. The kid has impressive skills to portray a cranky old man stuck in a teenager's body.

100% agree.....that character is honestly the only reason I continued to watch. I love how annoyed he is with people in general. I'll most likely watch a S4 if there is one due to the fact I'm this far in....but as I've mentioned.....less than impressed by S3.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2196 on: July 05, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »
Feeling nostalgic and decided to finally do a proper watch of one of my favorite shows from my youth, The Pretender. I only got to watch bits and pieces of it back when it was on but always loved it and never had a proper in order watch, which is absolutely needed. I have owned the whole series (plus the 2 post series movies) on DVD for years and just recently ripped them and loaded them into my Plex server so I am now streaming them in order. Just finished Season 1. Forgot how awesome this show was with the mix of serialization crossed with issue of the week storytelling.

Plus, I have always had a thing for Miss Parker.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2197 on: July 05, 2022, 03:05:18 PM »
Feeling nostalgic and decided to finally do a proper watch of one of my favorite shows from my youth, The Pretender. I only got to watch bits and pieces of it back when it was on but always loved it and never had a proper in order watch, which is absolutely needed. I have owned the whole series (plus the 2 post series movies) on DVD for years and just recently ripped them and loaded them into my Plex server so I am now streaming them in order. Just finished Season 1. Forgot how awesome this show was with the mix of serialization crossed with issue of the week storytelling.

Plus, I have always had a thing for Miss Parker.

I loved that show.  We did a rewatch a few years back.  Miss Parker is still awesome. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2198 on: July 05, 2022, 03:51:21 PM »
The Pretender (and Andrea Parker) came on my radar recently.  I'm surprised I didn't watch the show when it was on, but it's on my list of to-be-watched shows.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2199 on: July 05, 2022, 06:38:16 PM »
The Pretender (and Andrea Parker) came on my radar recently.  I'm surprised I didn't watch the show when it was on, but it's on my list of to-be-watched shows.

She was my 90's crush. Loved the show.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2200 on: July 05, 2022, 09:40:02 PM »
Just finished:
The Time Traveler's Wife (Season 1)
Stranger Things Season 4/4.5 (review up on YouTube).

Current:
The Orville Season 3
Westworld Season 4. I'm liking this, although I find the show has not been as intriguing since its 1st season.
12 Monkeys Season 2

In the Cue/Coming Up:
-Only Murders in the Building Season 2
7/11/22 Better Call Saul Season 6.5
7/29/22 Paper Girls (Amazon Prime)
8/12/22 Never Have I Ever Season 3
9/9/22 Cobra Kai Season 5
Quantum Leap (NBC, Fall)
Dead to Me Season 3 (Netflix, Fall)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2201 on: July 05, 2022, 09:54:29 PM »
I’m hoping that Quantum Leap reboot does the original justice. I have a feeling it’s going to fall flat though.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2202 on: July 06, 2022, 02:52:15 AM »

100% agree.....that character is honestly the only reason I continued to watch. I love how annoyed he is with people in general. I'll most likely watch a S4 if there is one due to the fact I'm this far in....but as I've mentioned.....less than impressed by S3.

Netflix has posted a compilation video, here's 1'24'' of Five being a misanthrope and roasting everyone around him:  :lol

https://www.facebook.com/netflixph/videos/369722875299226/

Lot of great lines, but "you two sentient STD's" has to win for me  :rollin

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2203 on: July 06, 2022, 08:45:50 AM »
Big Brother starts tonight  :yarr

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2204 on: July 06, 2022, 10:23:02 AM »

She was my 90's crush. Loved the show.

I didn't recognize the name, but did a quick google, and, well, that delivered the goods!  :)