Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 6020 times)

Offline The Trooper

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2018, 11:19:25 AM »
Jack Ryan-First 2 episodes are good so far.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »
Just started Travelers on Netflix. A Canadian Sci-Fi show (they tend to be pretty good at those). Almost done with Season 01 and then onto Season 2. Season 03 is happening at some point. The lead is on some other show called Will and Grace and plays the Will character so he has to juggle both shows.

note: I love Will and Grace. Just trying to be funny. Had no idea Eric McCormack was Canadian!
"It is I - Turkey Volume Guessing Man!" - Crow from MST3K
"Military Intelligence - Two Words Combined That Can't Make Sense." - Hangar 18

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net - The Ultimate Guide to Queensr˙che's Original Lineup!
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2018, 10:22:44 AM »
My wife and I finished Lost in Space on Netflix this past Friday. Going in, I knew OF the original show, but never watched it. So other than knowing it was a show with a family who had a robot as a companion, I had no pre-conceived expectations. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another season. I'm not sure how it is received by the majority, but it was time well spent for me. :)

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2018, 06:13:28 AM »
My wife and I finished Lost in Space on Netflix this past Friday. Going in, I knew OF the original show, but never watched it. So other than knowing it was a show with a family who had a robot as a companion, I had no pre-conceived expectations. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another season. I'm not sure how it is received by the majority, but it was time well spent for me. :)

It was basically an unrelated show. You had the same character names and such, but beyond that there's virtually no similarity.

I liked the show, actually. Minus Dr. Smith. Really did not care for the that character, both the writing and the acting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2018, 09:43:44 PM »
Jumping into The First on Hulu, series about the exploration of Mars with a Sean Penn led cast. If it deems itself worthy we can start a thread haha.
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »
Not watching, but saw the ad for The Purge and it looks like some of the most disgusting garbage ever put on screen.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2018, 10:13:05 AM »
Jack Ryan was awesome...I haven't watched a show that intense since 24 was on tv, or at least Season 1 of Homeland.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) is fantastic.  Daredevil Season 3 comes out this weekend.

Right now - back to seasonal tv with MacGyver, Walking Dead, and American Horror Story.  AHS has been really cool - it started slow, but once they began introducing characters from prior seasons, it has really become fun to watch again.

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2018, 11:06:56 AM »
Final Space, a fun little sci-fi show. I never really watch animated shows but this looked fun and it was.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »
Watching the new Sabrina series with the gf, it’s good and very trippy

Offline Grappler

« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2018, 09:05:00 AM »
Knightfall - I really like this.  Sure, it's not Game of Thrones quality, but it's a cool little story about the holy grail and Templar knights.  Have a few minutes of the final episode left to finish tonight.  Looking forward to Mark Hamill in season 2!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2018, 09:07:11 AM »
Ploughed through Bodyguard on Netflix the other day. Pretty intense show, much more than I thought but it was good.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2018, 01:53:56 PM »
Ploughed through Bodyguard on Netflix the other day. Pretty intense show, much more than I thought but it was good.

On your recommendation I started watching this last night. Thru 3 episodes so far and love it.

Homecoming with Julia Roberts on Netfix. Loved it. Only 10 episodes that are about 1/2 hour each. Really solid show.

Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill on Prime. Went thru it in 2 days. Not gonna be for everyone but found it very interesting

Offline Grappler

« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »

Bodyguard was awesome.  I haven't seen such tense moments on TV since 24 was on the air. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2018, 06:06:07 AM »
Cool, yea it was a good show and it's always nice when a show you don't have much expectation for turn out to be really great.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2018, 06:33:12 AM »

On your recommendation I started watching this last night. Thru 3 episodes so far and love it.

Homecoming with Julia Roberts on Netflix. Loved it. Only 10 episodes that are about 1/2 hour each. Really solid show.

Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill on Prime. Went thru it in 2 days. Not gonna be for everyone but found it very interesting

You reversed the services but yeah Homecoming was great. Quick 10 episode of 30 mins each went by fast. It's got the feels of Mr.Robot and was great. Slower paced and beautifully shot and edited. I'm a sucker for that kinda look and editing.
I have Maniac and Bodyguard on my list.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.