Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 216123 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #1610 on: July 02, 2021, 08:08:32 AM »
Episode 3 has full frontal male nudity.  I saw some of my female friends on Facebook talking about it.  LOL

Sarah Shahi has a penis?  That's a shock to the system.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1611 on: July 02, 2021, 08:19:47 AM »
Episode 3 has full frontal male nudity.  I saw some of my female friends on Facebook talking about it.  LOL

Sarah Shahi has a penis?  That's a shock to the system.

Not her.  I guess you'll have to watch to see the man junk Stads.   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1612 on: July 04, 2021, 12:52:18 PM »
Just finished the final season of Bosch on Prime.

Eagerly awaiting the yet-to-be-titled spinoff which will be on IMDB.
Just started that show, took me a couple of episodes to get into it. Haven't watched a crime show in a while so this seemed just right.

Somehow I just knew that Lance Reddick would play Chief of Police without even really knowing it.  :lol

Nice too see him and Jamie Hector working together again.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1613 on: July 04, 2021, 01:19:46 PM »
Finished season 1 of The Leftovers. Liked it, not "WOAH OMG THIS IS AMAZING" liked it, but it's solid. Maybe I will not make it my upmost priority, but eventually I will finish watching the series.
I felt very similar, however I really liked the second season. But I still haven't finished the third one for some reason :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1614 on: July 04, 2021, 03:11:57 PM »
Finished season 1 of The Leftovers. Liked it, not "WOAH OMG THIS IS AMAZING" liked it, but it's solid. Maybe I will not make it my upmost priority, but eventually I will finish watching the series.

Such a good series. It’s not going to knock you out of your seat…..it’s just extremely thought provoking and the acting/writing throughout is top notch.

I’m going to give this one a rewatch soon.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1615 on: July 06, 2021, 04:58:27 AM »
I started watching Emergence last night, I quite like it. It seems like my kind of show.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1616 on: July 06, 2021, 10:17:04 AM »
Just finished the final season of Bosch on Prime.

Eagerly awaiting the yet-to-be-titled spinoff which will be on IMDB.
Just started that show, took me a couple of episodes to get into it. Haven't watched a crime show in a while so this seemed just right.

Somehow I just knew that Lance Reddick would play Chief of Police without even really knowing it.  :lol

Nice too see him and Jamie Hector working together again.
:tup

The wife and I have finally started watching Kevin Costner's show Yellowstone.  So far, so good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #1617 on: July 06, 2021, 02:25:23 PM »
I felt very similar, however I really liked the second season. But I still haven't finished the third one for some reason :lol

Do finish it if you can. S2 and S3 are IMHO pretty much equally good, and both are better than S1.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1618 on: July 12, 2021, 10:41:12 AM »
Anyone here a fan of Leverage?  The show ran for five seasons on TNT and went off the air in 2012.  It was sort of a play on the A-Team theme, but instead of a former military team, it was a team of former criminals who ran schemes against bad guys who had screwed someone (or, usually, a lot of someones).  It starred Timothy Hutton as the ringleader and also featured Gina Bellman, Aldis Hodge, Christian Kane and Beth Riesgraf.  Really good show.

The show returned last week (under the title Leverage: Redemption).  The only non-returning cast member is Timothy Hutton.  Noah Wylie is taking his place.  Watched the first episode, and it was every bit as good as the original!  Hope the rest of the season will be as good.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: July 12, 2021, 12:23:24 PM »
Big Brother started last week..... Ill see myself out  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1620 on: July 12, 2021, 01:09:53 PM »
Anyone here a fan of Leverage?  The show ran for five seasons on TNT and went off the air in 2012.  It was sort of a play on the A-Team theme, but instead of a former military team, it was a team of former criminals who ran schemes against bad guys who had screwed someone (or, usually, a lot of someones).  It starred Timothy Hutton as the ringleader and also featured Gina Bellman, Aldis Hodge, Christian Kane and Beth Riesgraf.  Really good show.

The show returned last week (under the title Leverage: Redemption).  The only non-returning cast member is Timothy Hutton.  Noah Wylie is taking his place.  Watched the first episode, and it was every bit as good as the original!  Hope the rest of the season will be as good.

I remember seeing the promos for that back in the day and thinking I’d like it. I may check it out.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: July 12, 2021, 02:12:43 PM »

Silly, good fun.  It's on Hulu right?  If so, I don't have it.  :sad panda:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1622 on: July 12, 2021, 03:15:58 PM »

IMDB TV

If you have a smart TV or Amazon Fire box (or other such device), you should be able to download the app and watch.  IMDB TV makes you watch commercials, but that's no different than regular TV, and it's otherwise free.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1623 on: July 12, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1624 on: July 13, 2021, 02:57:05 PM »

IMDB TV

If you have a smart TV or Amazon Fire box (or other such device), you should be able to download the app and watch.  IMDB TV makes you watch commercials, but that's no different than regular TV, and it's otherwise free.

I recently did a whole series binge of Leverage. I finished the first 8 of Redemption in 2 days. Waiting for the rest of the season to drop. Hardison is only around for 2 episodes due to other TV commitments so his sister steps in. The biggest thing I miss is the non-stop "Damnit Hardison!" from Eliot every episode.

With the news of one of the greatest shows of all time, Ted Lasso, breaking the Emmy record for a freshman series, I might need to watch Season 1 for like the 19th time before Season 2 drops in 10 days.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1625 on: July 13, 2021, 04:49:12 PM »

:rollin it's the only reality tv I watch for enjoyment (I will watch Jersey Shore because of who I know, but it's really not good), but it's so compelling because it's basically a social experiment.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1626 on: July 13, 2021, 09:14:31 PM »
The Goes Wrong Show on Amazon Prime.

I’m going to freaking DIE  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1627 on: July 14, 2021, 08:34:58 AM »

:rollin it's the only reality tv I watch for enjoyment (I will watch Jersey Shore because of who I know, but it's really not good), but it's so compelling because it's basically a social experiment.

I haven't watched it since she went off to school, but when my daughter was living at home more regularly, we watched it. It's fascinating. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1628 on: July 15, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
Series Finale of 'Mr. Inbetween' on FX was last night. Man, what a great little series. I HIGHLY recommend it if anyone's looking for a straight forward type series. Really well done show. And, I'd rank the final episode/final scene as one of my all time favorite series finales/ending scenes. Really well done and matched the mood/vibe of the show perfectly.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1629 on: July 16, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »
I just finished the first series of The Goes Wrong Show. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. It reminds me of something my dad would’ve shared with us as kids.

The premise of the show is a inept theater troupe puts on a play every week, and EVERYTHING “goes wrong”. Totally over the top slapstick. British humor. Completely hilarious.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1630 on: July 17, 2021, 05:23:37 AM »
Watched Lovecraft Country.

Weird horror period show, it starts with a beautiful rendition of the segregation times, with gorgeous aesthetic and colors, and then in the end of the first episode goes 1 to 1000 with the Lovecraft inspired horror. Then it takes a life of his own going all over with the place with the magical / horror elements (including two evil and creepingly dancing young demon-sisters that will haunt my nightmares for months) to wrap it all up somehow with some more Lovecraftian stuff.

I went in without knowing the story so maybe I should have prepared better, but I must say that I expected something more subtle and Lovecraft oriented than a show going all over the place. The visuals are amazing though.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1631 on: July 17, 2021, 09:11:29 AM »
Rewatching Twin Peaks after so many years. Damn fine series :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1632 on: July 18, 2021, 06:14:48 PM »
Watching episode 3 of Sweet Tooth.   Loving it so far.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1633 on: July 23, 2021, 09:19:10 PM »
Ted lasso season 2 is out. I'll probably start it tomorrow. They sent a very interesting (and unique) email to announce it  :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1634 on: July 27, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
Finished season 1 of What We Do in the Shadows, the TV series, after having appreciated the movie.

It's cool and funny with a great cast, but it's just more of the same. It's basically the movie redone again, this time in a series format and with a different cast. Not that I complain about it, but you know, the "too much of a good thing" effect sometimes kicks in....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: July 27, 2021, 12:07:21 PM »
Finished season 1 of What We Do in the Shadows, the TV series, after having appreciated the movie.

It's cool and funny with a great cast, but it's just more of the same. It's basically the movie redone again, this time in a series format and with a different cast. Not that I complain about it, but you know, the "too much of a good thing" effect sometimes kicks in....

I dig that series....I heard a while back the third season was filming. Can't wait.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1636 on: July 27, 2021, 04:17:19 PM »
Anyone been watching Miracle Workers?

It's a weird little show (on TBS) that stars Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi (and a bunch of others with whom I'm not familiar).

In the first season (about 10 episodes), Steve Buscemi played God (although not in any traditional religious sense), and the other main cast worked for him.  Then season 2 was a completely different story line -- "Miracle Workers: Dark Ages" -- which basically involved a young woman with modern, real-world sensibilities living in a medieval village.  Season 3 is yet again another story line, revolving around the Oregon Trail.

I had only watched the first half of season 2 when the pandemic hit last year and never noticed that they finished the season, so I'm now working my way through the last few episodes before starting season 3.

Highly recommend for anyone into oddball comedy.  I think folks who liked The Good Place would like this quite a bit.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1637 on: August 06, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »
Ted lasso season 2 is out. I'll probably start it tomorrow. They sent a very interesting (and unique) email to announce it  :lol

Today's episode (S02E03) was a thing of beauty. Such an awesome show. No sophomore jinx here. This is just one of the greatest shows ever made, period.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #1638 on: August 06, 2021, 07:51:59 PM »

Today's episode (S02E03) was a thing of beauty. Such an awesome show. No sophomore jinx here. This is just one of the greatest shows ever made, period.

This show just makes me feel good at the end of each episode. Love it. Even the a**holes are somewhat likable.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1639 on: August 06, 2021, 10:40:12 PM »
Don't know which spinoff I want more, The Adventures of Led Tasso or Roy Kent: Soccor Commentator :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1640 on: August 06, 2021, 11:11:53 PM »
Don't know which spinoff I want more, The Adventures of Led Tasso or Roy Kent: Soccor Commentator :lol

Well, considering I have a Roy Kent jersey hanging in my closet (no joke), you know my answer. Bought it right when the merch store loaded up on stuff. The jersey is awesome and is the only soccer thing you will ever see on me. Brett is awesome. He never makes Roy's act get old. The commentator stuff is hilarious.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1641 on: August 07, 2021, 05:39:35 AM »

Well, considering I have a Roy Kent jersey hanging in my closet (no joke), you know my answer. Bought it right when the merch store loaded up on stuff. The jersey is awesome and is the only soccer thing you will ever see on me. Brett is awesome. He never makes Roy's act get old. The commentator stuff is hilarious.

His delivery of "fucking brain development" in last week's episode is one of my favorite lines in recent memories
Photobucket sucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1642 on: August 09, 2021, 02:51:13 PM »
The wife and I are now current on Yellowstone.  Looking forward to the new season in the fall.

Almost done with season 6 of our rewatch of The West Wing.

In the middle of season 11 of our rewatch of ER.

I still have 8 more episodes of Ozark to hit before the fourth season drops.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1643 on: August 09, 2021, 03:10:56 PM »
The last season of Brooklyn 99 starts this Thursday!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1644 on: August 09, 2021, 07:15:09 PM »
The last season of Brooklyn 99 starts this Thursday!

DVR is set!!