General > Movies and TV

What Shows are you currently watching?

(1/732) > >>

soupytwist:
Just a place for the shows your currently into.  It can be shows currently showing, between series or old shows your watching for the first time or re watching.   And if you like you can give a review of how your finding it and a rating of your excitement levels at this moment.

So....

Game of Thrones - I'm sure this will be on a lot of peoples lists.  It's heading towards it's endgame in epic style, I'm going to give this a 10/10 for current excitement.

Futurama - I'm currently burning though the second batch of episodes made after the 4 films.  To be honest I'm finding it very hit and miss, for me it's lost some of it's spark and there seems more 'random' humour, it's still capable of great episodes though.  6/10

Legends of Tomorrow - So indifferent towards series 1.  Series 2 was a massive step up, this is my go to fun show - hope the quality remains when it returns.  7/10

The Flash - This was my go to fun show.  But personal drama and boring emotions made series 3 a real chore.  I'll be watching when it returns, but if it feels like no improvement I'll drop it.   3/10.

The Walking Dead - Negan, Oh God Negan this guy is killing the show for me, and made the last two series have dragged - I do hope the all out war that must be about to happen will clear the air.   4/10.

Westworld - Series 1 was pretty great, I'm very interested to see where they are going with a second series.  8/10

Doctor Who - The end of two era's Capaldi and Moffat.  I'm excited for Whittaker and a female Doctor, I'm more worried about Chibnall as the showrunner, his episodes have been patchy.   6/10

Travellers - I like the idea's behind the show, but I'm not so keen on the execution of it.  I'll give it another go when (if?) it returns.  5/10.

Stranger Things - I grow up in the 80's (albeit the UK not America) and I'm a massive Stephen King fan.  Yeah the first series of this show was very good.   Can't wait for it to return.   9/10.

Ozark - I watched the first episode over the weekend and it was really quite good, I'm certainly looking forward to watch more.  8/10.

Zoo - Erm yeah this is hokey crap.  My wife watches it and I've been dragged along for the (very bumpy) ride.  It's cheap, it's stupid but it's easily digestible.   3/10.

Black Mirror - I actually thought the 6 Netflix episodes weren't of the quality of the original show, but they were still decent.  Most things Brooker creates are worth watching.  7/10

Looking forward to 'Mr Mercedes' tomorrow (hopefully we will get it in the UK) and once I'm done with Futurama I'm going to move onto Rick and Morty - purely based on how you guys have been decribing it in the thread on this site - sounds like my kind of show.

Grappler:
Summer/current:

Game of Thrones

The Strain (final season)

The 90's (CNN - fantastic retrospective series.  I was a teenager in the 90's and didn't pay attention to national politics or world events, so this has been a lot of fun to watch)

Talking with Chris Hardwick (intermittent, when he has a guest I like.  He delves deep into how actors got into the business and how they do their work, rather than talking about the plot of their shows like his other Talking series).

Fear The Walking Dead (I stopped watching the show towards the end of the second season, but the premier and the first half of the third season was excellent and it sucked me back in)

Regular season:

Gotham

Agents of Shield

The Walking Dead (I was patient last season.  JDM is awesome as Negan and I understood that they had to do some world building to show how all of these other communities were affected by the Saviors before going into All Out War).  I'm expecting next season to be stellar.

Law & Order SVU

I watched the 24 Legacy and Prison Break revivals last spring and really enjoyed them.

gmillerdrake:

--- Quote from: Grappler on August 08, 2017, 07:10:03 AM ---The Strain (final season)

--- End quote ---

How are you liking this? I've liked the show the entire time but this final season has been kind of a dud thus far IMO. Each episode so far feels like it's setting something up which I get...but at the same time it's lacking the drive the other seasons have had. I'm certainly sticking with it to the end but I've been underwhelmed so far this season.

MirrorMask:
Shows I'm watching, catching up with previous seasons and that I will continue watching once new seasons will be avalaible:

Game of Thrones
Vikings
Better Call Saul
Orange is the New Black
The Man in the High Castle
The Big Bang Theory
Mozart in the Jungle
House of Cards
Black Mirror
Sherlock
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Stranger Things
American Horror Story
Fargo
Lucifer
Mr. Robot
Silicon Valley
Veep
Westworld

Grappler:

--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on August 08, 2017, 09:13:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Grappler on August 08, 2017, 07:10:03 AM ---The Strain (final season)

--- End quote ---

How are you liking this? I've liked the show the entire time but this final season has been kind of a dud thus far IMO. Each episode so far feels like it's setting something up which I get...but at the same time it's lacking the drive the other seasons have had. I'm certainly sticking with it to the end but I've been underwhelmed so far this season.

--- End quote ---

Pretty much the same. I don't like how all of the characters are split up and I can't stand Eph's kid being aligned with the vampires.  All of the questing for the Occido Lumen in prior seasons has led to nothing so far.  I really liked the WWII tie-in with Setrakian and Eichorst's history, and they've gotten away from that relationship.  None of them seem to be concerned with the Master at all. 

This week's episode finally got intense right at the end, and Eph seems to be on the verge of discovering the master plan (replacing humans with half-breeds, though I'm not sure why the vampires want to do that, unless it helps with a food supply once they run out of real humans to feed on). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version