Author Topic: Stuff on Netflix  (Read 40897 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Stuff on Netflix
« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2024, 08:38:11 AM »
Slow motion farming not you thing?   ;D

:rollin    Had to be one of the single dumbest sections of a movie I’ve ever watched.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2024, 09:42:12 AM »
Slow mo is Zack Snyder’s trademark. His 4 hour Justice League movie(Which I honestly liked) could have been 3 hours without the slow mo.

After Army of the Dead and these two Rebel Moon trash fires, I hope he stops getting work.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #457 on: April 21, 2024, 07:23:44 PM »
I watched it this week as well, very intriguing, and a good look into how fucked the US prison system is in how it's built to only enhance the worst aspects of what got the prisoners there in the first place. I mean, yeah, it's cleaned and polished for TV, but they let just enough of prison reality through.

Finished this up. It was a neat look behind the curtain but at the same time with Netflix’s history of cherry picking certain aspects of story’s and what not for their “documentaries” I’m wondering how ‘real’ it was. Especially given that was only a holding facility and not a full blown prison. 

I did obviously develop some feelings for some of the featured inmates but at the same time needed to remind myself those folks were there for a reason.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2024, 09:16:11 AM »
Finished this up. It was a neat look behind the curtain but at the same time with Netflix’s history of cherry picking certain aspects of story’s and what not for their “documentaries” I’m wondering how ‘real’ it was. Especially given that was only a holding facility and not a full blown prison. 

I did obviously develop some feelings for some of the featured inmates but at the same time needed to remind myself those folks were there for a reason.

There was that one moment that made you feel bad for the one guy who was struggling and then they say "well, remember him from the news? he was a mass shooter" and like  :facepalm: yeah, it's TV meant to get an emotion out of you, but it is also real people and real fucked up situations. 

I felt like it had a "happy ending" all things considered, but I don't get it.  They kept saying 23 and 1, so why are the options full openness or only 1 hour of openness?  Why don't they get like 8 hours of open time?  Why is all this happening in the jail and not prison?  I didn't realize that until the end of the show that a lot of these people were just waiting trial.  I guess I missed that where the was only a temporary home for everyone.