Author Topic: A Perfect Circle  (Read 6808 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: A Perfect Circle
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 06:23:37 PM »
I'm enjoying So Long and Thanks For All The Fish. Don't know why, probably the beat.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2018, 04:30:23 AM »
I got the album on vinyl now, but I probably won't listen to it until Monday. Very excited though!
any rock can be made to roll

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2018, 04:34:08 AM »
APC is coming to town in October, I'll have to check them out. I've never gotten to see them live.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2018, 06:13:53 AM »
I might try and see them as well. I've seen them on Mer de noms, so I'm gonna check out the setlist beforehand. If its solid, then I'm there.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2018, 06:15:46 AM »
APC is coming to town in October, I'll have to check them out. I've never gotten to see them live.

No me neither... only on cell phone made photos and videos.

:yarr

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2018, 06:26:48 AM »
That's so funny. When I saw them in 2000, the cell phone thing didn't even exist.

A whole different world... Lots of lighters in the air though.

The last few shows I went to, I didn't even take my phone out my pocket. And even back at shows where I did, I would record like 20 seconds of a song I like and snap a few pics and that was that.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2018, 10:44:11 AM »
Listening to the new APC for the first time right now. I haven't been in the best mood lately, and I think this album is making it worse :D Anyway, I like what I'm hearing. Don't know the first APCs that well (heard them once maybe), but I will have to get them too.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »
Oh, and this might be embarrassing for a big Tool admirer: But which of the covers is MJK and which one is Billy Howerdel?  :blush

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »
I loved the hell out of The Doomed, Disillusioned and TalkTalk, but the rest of the album just fails to leave a meaningful impression on me. I like the triphop beat of the closer a lot, but then again that song doesn't really go anywhere. Oh well.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2018, 03:49:28 PM »
Oh, and this might be embarrassing for a big Tool admirer: But which of the covers is MJK and which one is Billy Howerdel?  :blush

The one with hair is maynard

I loved the hell out of The Doomed, Disillusioned and TalkTalk, but the rest of the album just fails to leave a meaningful impression on me. I like the triphop beat of the closer a lot, but then again that song doesn't really go anywhere. Oh well.

I also love Disillusioned and Talk talk  (plus Feathers and by and down). I also agree about the rest of the album failing to leave a meaningful impression. I am grateful for 4 new songs that I like though.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2018, 02:55:30 AM »
Count me in as being a bit underwhelmed, it's not a bad record but it's a little bit too mellow I think. Maybe it will grow on me, but I would have liked more guitar and less piano driven songs.

That said, Doomed and Disillusioned are early highlights.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D