Author Topic: The Wire  (Read 1340 times)

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
The Wire
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:15:40 PM »
This just showed up on Amazon and I started to watch.  I noticed there are 6 seasons.  Does the show hold up well thru this many season?  Also, I think I have heard the 'F' word and 'N' word more in this show than any other and I am just 6 episodes into the first season.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline krands85

Re: The Wire
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 02:34:30 PM »
There are 5 seasons and only 60 episodes total - it's not like some shows where there are 20-odd episodes per season.

It's my favourite TV show ever, with so many incredible characters. The final season isn't quite as good as the previous 4 I'd say, but it's still great.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:42:34 PM »
Oh man, you're in for a treat. GOAT show for me, and season four in particular is a masterpiece that just gives me all the feels.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:48:27 PM »
I am on an island with this show.  I tried like hell to like it, but I just couldn't get into it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 06:38:30 AM »
Oh man, you're in for a treat. GOAT show for me, and season four in particular is a masterpiece that just gives me all the feels.
This, for sure.  It is on a short, short list of best shows ever.

For some reason, a large percentage of that short list aired on HBO.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 02:48:57 AM »

Dem Kidz.  :o

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 12:23:37 PM »

Dem Kidz.  :o

You were correct about Dem Kidz.  Season 4 was great.  Finished up the series last night and top 5 series for me.

If anyone has Amazon prime, they are starting to add some good series.  Deadwood, Six feet under and Carnivale to name a few.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 12:27:05 PM »
I wasn't a big fan of the show in general, but I hated season 4, to be honest. Glad to see some people like it!

I would say 2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 4.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline krands85

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 01:04:46 PM »
I wasn't a big fan of the show in general, but I hated season 4, to be honest. Glad to see some people like it!

I would say 2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 4.
From what I've read, 4 seems to regarded as the best season by quite a lot of people. It wasn't my favourite though - I always liked 1 and 3 more. 2 & 4 would be my 'second tier' and 5 is my least favourite, but still great.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 07:11:53 AM »
1 & 3 were my favorite as well. Amazing show.