Author Topic: My customer's kid was strangely deformed. Can anyone name the disease?  (Read 755 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
For obvious reasons, I don't have a picture or anything, so I'll try to describe it to the best of my abilities. It must have been something regarding growth, because the kid was deformed multiple places. His facial proportions weren't quite right- his eyes were a little too far apart, his thumb on his right hand was pretty far up his arm and he only had two fingers on his hand. The other arm, as far as I could tell, was a prosthetic fitting. The kid did a little squirming and I caught a glimpse of his back, which had hair on it. Not just a small patch, but it looked like a horse's mane running the length of his spine. He wasn't old enough for me to tell if the mental faculties were there or not.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Maybe a really severe form of Spinal Muscular Atrophy?

The guy above is Shane Burcaw. I've been following him on social media for a couple years now and he runs an organization called Laughing At My Nightmare. He travels the country speaking and raising money to buy chairs, housing ramps, handicapped vans, etc, for other people with SMD who can't afford them otherwise.