Author Topic: OZARK on NETFLIX - Finale SPOILERS Abound  (Read 14419 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: OZARK on NETFLIX
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2018, 03:36:47 PM »
Anyone else finish it?
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2018, 07:18:26 PM »
I did the other day, yes.

I loved the first 60% of the season or so, but it felt like they tipped their hand on too many things and then had to pull them back, and the end of the season didn't feel very satisfying.

I loved where they were going with the feds and Petty, but then he went back to rarely being seen and then killed off in a really stupid manner.  I was really disappointed with the way that was handled.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 02:15:27 AM »
I finished it last week. I enjoyed it, but I feel like it ran out of steam a little. There were quite a lot of sudden deaths, which felt like they were trying to clear the decks for the next season.

I thought the whole storyline of Mason and his baby was stretching it a little too much, but I did like how Wendy is stepping up to the plate, just as Marty is starting to crack up and lose control.

My favourite character is probably Ruthie - I definitely had a lot of empathy for her, trying to do right by her cousins, and dealing with her scumbag father.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
I don't think Marty is cracking up and losing control so much that he is showing that he is very human and the craziness around him is affecting him in a big way, as opposed to Wendy who appears to be getting drunk with power and shrugging things off like it's no big deal.  She seems like a natural for politics.  :lol :lol

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2018, 02:12:23 AM »
Absolutely. It seems like Season 3 is going ahead, so it will be fun to see if Wendy becomes the driving force.

The relationship between Marty and Rachel is an interesting one. If he wants to make his life even more complicated then there's an obvious way to do it..  :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2018, 09:44:42 PM »
Looking forward to more Ruth and Kansas City mob in the next season.

I for one like the change in dynamic with Marty and Wendy. Wendy seems okay with killing after taking out Ruth's dad, while Marty is struggling with it, although Wendy indirectly killed while Marty actually has killed someone. On that note, Jason Bateman's acting was phenomenal after he killed the preacher, it all seemed so genuine.

I was sad to see it end, gotta wait til next summer now
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2018, 05:36:37 AM »
So late to the party, but I wanted to comment on how much I like this show. I'm still missing 1 episode from season 1 and can't wait to get to the next one.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2018, 08:04:00 AM »
Just started this show.  I'm only a couple of episodes in, but it's fantastic thus far.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2018, 08:28:34 AM »
Pretty sure both you guys are going to love it. The acting is top notch and they do a great job of moving the story along.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2018, 04:54:00 AM »
Finished season 1 the other day. I was not expecting that at all. Does he ever catch a break?  :lol
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2018, 09:05:28 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting season 3.  :corn
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2020, 12:21:33 PM »
A reminder that Season 3 of Ozark starts tonight on Netflix.

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
A reminder that Season 3 of Ozark starts tonight on Netflix.

Woot! The only bummer is I watch it with my wife and she does not have the ‘binge’ stamina that I have.   :lol  She’s two episodes at a time.....sometimes three. I could have this series done by tomorrow night like a true pro but will have to crawl along with her.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 04:19:42 PM »
Ozark really jumped right in to S3  :omg:

We watched first two episodes last night. Seems like they haven’t lost a beat.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2020, 10:24:37 AM »
Plowed through all of Season 3 over the weekend. Really good stuff! 

Laura Linney better get a damn Emmy nomination this time.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »
Through (6) episodes. I'm watching with my wife who as I've mentioned....does not have the binge stamina that I do.....so, this is taking a bit to get through. One of the things about this show is that it just hasn't let down one bit season after season. The conflict(s) that are introduced are plausible which gets you invested in the characters.

I imagine this will take me another two or three nights to get through with her.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2020, 12:11:33 PM »
Watched ep1, season 1 last night. I will be binging this in the coming days.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2020, 06:25:17 AM »
I finished S3 last night - binged the last 3 episodes. I really enjoyed this season overall. The new characters were good, and added an extra dimension instead of just being tacked on.

Ruth Langmore is still one of my favourites. If anyone deserves a sliver of happiness in this whole show, it's her. The girl has gone though some seriously hard times, and still keeps going.

Wyatt, what are you doing man? Just no... :)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »
Really great season. This show is done really well....kudos to all involved. Obviously with the way the season ended there certainly must be a plan for S4.

And....I've mentioned before.....I watch entirely too much television because right before Navarro's family was massacred at the Baptism I turned to my wife and said they're all about to get shot up.....and, in the last episode when they all boarded the plane I told my wife that Helen thinks she's got Marty and Wendy in trouble but I bet Navarro kills her. I didn't think it'd be that immediate....thought maybe it'd be after some conversation but I never doubted she was getting whacked.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2020, 11:10:00 PM »
The shotgun to the head of Del Rio was exceptionally graphic :omg:

This show is beyond insane. Just about to finish S1, I'd gather I'll be caught up by Sunday or Monday.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2020, 11:54:21 PM »
The shotgun to the head of Del Rio was exceptionally graphic :omg:

Yes it was. And, it was so unexpected.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2020, 01:56:09 PM »
SPOILERS BELOW

-----------------

Once they said they were all going to Mexico, I figured Helen was a goner (Marty and Wendy are the two main characters, so they aren't going anywhere any time soon), but it happening that fast was like, woah.

I was ready for the brother to go (he reminded me too much of Billy from Six Feet Under at times, although he was far more violent), but you still felt bad for him a little.  He couldn't get out of his own way.  I thought it was a great call to not show his death on screen. That whole sequence was the best thing the show has done to date.  Wendy breaking down the way she did was masterful acting by Laura Linney. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »
Darlene just killed Jacob. Good lord what a vicious, calculating woman, she is easily the most evil one on this show.

Everything is firing on all cylinders in this show, it's so intriguing man. Ruth Langmore might be one of the best character arcs ever, just love her story, and the girl who plays her is beyond outstanding.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »
I'm gonna back up on declaring Darlene the most evil, I think Wendy is about to take her to school.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2020, 05:08:44 PM »
I'm gonna back up on declaring Darlene the most evil, I think Wendy is about to take her to school.

It’s so much fun reading your comments as you catch up. This series is fantastic.  The acting is off the charts. Near every one of those actors and actresses just knock it out of the park and the writing is top notch as well.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2020, 10:30:39 PM »

It’s so much fun reading your comments as you catch up. This series is fantastic.  The acting is off the charts. Near every one of those actors and actresses just knock it out of the park and the writing is top notch as well.

Yep, it's a well executed show on all fronts. The guy playing Ben is giving a mindblowing performance, he's capturing the anguish of bipolar so fucking well. Shame Wendy is gonna whack him. (Prediction at this point, I'm at the end of EP7)

Edit: Holy fucking shitballs did they really end it like that :omg:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:42:12 PM by lonestar »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2020, 12:05:07 AM »

Yep, it's a well executed show on all fronts. The guy playing Ben is giving a mindblowing performance, he's capturing the anguish of bipolar so fucking well. Shame Wendy is gonna whack him. (Prediction at this point, I'm at the end of EP7)

Edit: Holy fucking shitballs did they really end it like that :omg:

:lol   They have a knack for exclamation points to end the season(s)   

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2020, 12:39:45 AM »
For reals man...I figured someone was getting whacked, but to spray her brains all over Wendy's hair man....

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2020, 01:58:11 AM »
One of the things I like about the show is that it keeps you guessing. I had a few scenarios running through my head about what was going to happen with Ben, and Helen. When the Byrds realised that Helen was making a power play, I thought it was going to be a setup for the next season, where they realise they will have to outmanoeuvre her. That one was answered way quicker than I thought, but this show doesn't shy away from big shock moments!!

I'm kinda glad they didn't actually show Ben getting killed. It was more powerful when left to the imagination. Another problem to be resolved, another loose end to be tied up in this desperate mess that they've created for themselves.

I was wondering about the Marty's "confession" that Helen got from the FBI. Is that going to make a reappearance in the next season, do you think? Or was that plot line a bit of a red herring?

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2020, 06:47:14 AM »
Definitely Netflix's best show.  My wife urged me to watch it, without telling me anything about it....halfway into the very first episode I was completely hooked.  I love that it wasn't some clean character "breaking bad," but someone who had already started delving into that world and its consequences. 

This third season was awesome. 

Offline mike099

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2020, 06:04:08 PM »
I need to go back and count how many times Wendy says fxxx.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2020, 06:11:55 PM »
Wendy or Ruth?

Offline mike099

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 06:52:42 AM »
Wendy or Ruth?

Oops, yes Ruth. I remember seeing her in The Americans.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2020, 09:49:26 AM »
Ok, I mean Wendy says fuck a few times, but Ruth is the one where you'd have to send off the figures to NASA to have them crunch the numbers on a supercomputer. I was so highly impressed of her command of the word.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2020, 12:13:12 AM »
Finally caught up to season 3 and it was hands down one of the best seasons of any TV I've seen. I mean it was Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul level amazing. The acting of all the characters was just through the roof.

I honestly never cared to follow the plot points in the show because to me the draw is the relationships and character beats in the show. The plots are kinda logical the way they follow but the true strength of the show, if you ask me, are the behaviors of all of them. Season 3 was phenomenal in that aspect and it sucked me all the way.  Episode 9 in particular just destroyed me.

Truly an amazing show.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan