Author Topic: OZARK on NETFLIX  (Read 1233 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2018
Re: OZARK on NETFLIX
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2018, 03:36:47 PM »
Anyone else finish it?
"Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for ya. Remember we're all in this together."
-Red Green

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2018, 07:18:26 PM »
I did the other day, yes.

I loved the first 60% of the season or so, but it felt like they tipped their hand on too many things and then had to pull them back, and the end of the season didn't feel very satisfying.

I loved where they were going with the feds and Petty, but then he went back to rarely being seen and then killed off in a really stupid manner.  I was really disappointed with the way that was handled.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 02:15:27 AM »
I finished it last week. I enjoyed it, but I feel like it ran out of steam a little. There were quite a lot of sudden deaths, which felt like they were trying to clear the decks for the next season.

I thought the whole storyline of Mason and his baby was stretching it a little too much, but I did like how Wendy is stepping up to the plate, just as Marty is starting to crack up and lose control.

My favourite character is probably Ruthie - I definitely had a lot of empathy for her, trying to do right by her cousins, and dealing with her scumbag father.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
I don't think Marty is cracking up and losing control so much that he is showing that he is very human and the craziness around him is affecting him in a big way, as opposed to Wendy who appears to be getting drunk with power and shrugging things off like it's no big deal.  She seems like a natural for politics.  :lol :lol

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2018, 02:12:23 AM »
Absolutely. It seems like Season 3 is going ahead, so it will be fun to see if Wendy becomes the driving force.

The relationship between Marty and Rachel is an interesting one. If he wants to make his life even more complicated then there's an obvious way to do it..  :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2018
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2018, 09:44:42 PM »
Looking forward to more Ruth and Kansas City mob in the next season.

I for one like the change in dynamic with Marty and Wendy. Wendy seems okay with killing after taking out Ruth's dad, while Marty is struggling with it, although Wendy indirectly killed while Marty actually has killed someone. On that note, Jason Bateman's acting was phenomenal after he killed the preacher, it all seemed so genuine.

I was sad to see it end, gotta wait til next summer now
"Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for ya. Remember we're all in this together."
-Red Green

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: Today at 05:36:37 AM »
So late to the party, but I wanted to comment on how much I like this show. I'm still missing 1 episode from season 1 and can't wait to get to the next one.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: Today at 08:04:00 AM »
Just started this show.  I'm only a couple of episodes in, but it's fantastic thus far.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #43 on: Today at 08:28:34 AM »
Pretty sure both you guys are going to love it. The acting is top notch and they do a great job of moving the story along.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind