Author Topic: OZARK on NETFLIX - Finale SPOILERS Abound  (Read 14418 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: OZARK on NETFLIX
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2022, 11:24:22 AM »
So, are we still not spoiling things?  Because I just finished episode 7 and HOLY FUCK.

Julia Garner deserves an Emmy if only for her cursing ability.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2022, 12:05:09 PM »
Unbelievable tension in that last episode. I had no idea that was just part 1 and we have to wait now for part 2.

Need it now, right now!!  ;D

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2022, 02:52:05 PM »
Unbelievable tension in that last episode. I had no idea that was just part 1 and we have to wait now for part 2.

Need it now, right now!!  ;D

Same...for a second I thought they really ended the show like that and was fucking furious. :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2022, 01:11:32 AM »
So, are we still not spoiling things?  Because I just finished episode 7 and HOLY FUCK.

Julia Garner deserves an Emmy if only for her cursing ability.

If she doesn't get the Emmy, they'll have to fucking KILL UUUUUUUSSSS!!!!!!!!

She's amazing.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2022, 11:11:16 AM »
There is more to that PI than meets the eye, mark my words.  He is not there just to get a signature.  Did Navarro hire him to watch the Byrdes?  Did Marty hire him for unknown-as-of-yet reasons?  So many possibilities, but I have to think that guy will play a large role at some point.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2022, 11:49:44 AM »
There is more to that PI than meets the eye, mark my words.  He is not there just to get a signature.  Did Navarro hire him to watch the Byrdes?  Did Marty hire him for unknown-as-of-yet reasons?  So many possibilities, but I have to think that guy will play a large role at some point.

Absolutely, and I'd put any amount of money that he's the reason it all unravels in the eventual end.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2022, 12:11:47 PM »

Absolutely, and I'd put any amount of money that he's the reason it all unravels in the eventual end.

Yep, I could see that happening.

And as incredible as Julia Garner has been, we need to give mad love as well to Jason Bateman and Laura Linney, both of whom continue to hit it out of the park as well.  I've thought Linney was outstanding since seeing her in Primal Fear in the mid 90s, and Bateman is showing that he is not just a comedic actor.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2022, 04:50:08 PM »

Yep, I could see that happening.

And as incredible as Julia Garner has been, we need to give mad love as well to Jason Bateman and Laura Linney, both of whom continue to hit it out of the park as well.  I've thought Linney was outstanding since seeing her in Primal Fear in the mid 90s, and Bateman is showing that he is not just a comedic actor.

We watched episode 3 of the new season last night and I could not agree with you more.  In the earlier days, I was all about Garner and Bateman but as the show progresses, Laura Linney is the most compelling actor for me to watch on the screen.  She says so much with a mere change in her facial expression.  It is uncanny.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline The Realm

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2022, 04:41:34 PM »
Ruth is on the warpath! Great show and really looking forward to the final episodes.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2022, 11:23:57 AM »
Ozark 2nd part of the final season to premiere April 29

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1496530295176130561?t=yAld1ApdA1wMeb1Icuc_iA&s=01

Was thinking it would be a longer wait but two months is not bad.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2022, 12:03:10 PM »
Great news! I remember reading it was out in July, but glad we get it sooner.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2022, 02:24:44 PM »
Ozark 2nd part of the final season to premiere April 29

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1496530295176130561?t=yAld1ApdA1wMeb1Icuc_iA&s=01

Was thinking it would be a longer wait but two months is not bad.
:metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2022, 06:18:52 AM »
Trailer for the second half of the final season is out.  Looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFmy5lXoEfU

Bring it on.  :metal :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2022, 09:01:10 AM »
Aw yeah

Offline faizoff

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2022, 12:03:21 PM »
It's out folks, final few episodes of the show. Should be able to catch up during the weekend.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2022, 02:39:47 PM »
Watching the first new episode now. My expectations are high - I really hope they finish the show well..

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2022, 08:58:48 PM »
Loved all of the Illmatic songs and references in episode 8.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2022, 09:23:07 PM »
Episode 8 was fantastic, things are going the usual bonkers. On episode 10, will probably wrap up tomorrow night.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2022, 11:46:14 PM »
I'm on 10 right now...and it continues to be perfect.

Just when I thought Ruth couldn't get any better...just give her the lifetime Emmy already.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2022, 01:02:43 AM »
I gotta go to bed. Three episodes to go…..this is great. All I can say is I’m full bore hating Wendy at this point.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2022, 06:21:26 AM »
I will savor this. One episode per day, and I won't even be able to follow through 'cause next week I will have three concerts  :metal

Watched the FIRST episode of the new batch. Didn't expect that ending!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2022, 10:38:55 PM »
Wow a lot to take in with that series finale. Won't delve into much right now. But only thing I wished was that it could've been a longer season. I enjoyed it and just wished there was more post finale episodes lol.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2022, 10:44:51 PM »
On the last episode now...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2022, 11:58:33 PM »
Ok...I'm done.

Not much to say other than the rest of you need to hurry the fuck up so we can talk about what I just watched.

Seriously. Now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2022, 12:17:39 AM »
Ok...I'm done.

Not much to say other than the rest of you need to hurry the fuck up so we can talk about what I just watched.

Seriously. Now.

Yep. Just finished up. Lots to unpack.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2022, 08:40:19 AM »
Ok...I'm done.

Seriously. Now.

It's weird, cause I'm hesitant to even explain how I feel about it for fear of spoilers.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2022, 10:34:32 AM »
Ok...I'm done.

Seriously. Now.

It's weird, cause I'm hesitant to even explain how I feel about it for fear of spoilers.

I have Exactly the same feeling.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2022, 02:25:04 AM »
I'm three episodes in, four to go.

Guess I'll come back when I've seen them all, I wanna watch it one per day and I have three concerts this week so I'll probably avoid spoilers wherever I go on the internet.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2022, 09:55:56 AM »
Got home from vacation and plowed through these last seven last night and this morning, and my reaction was...that's it?

Pretty disappointing, to be honest.  The slate of seven started off great, but seemed to ran out of gas in the last few episodes.  Damn.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2022, 01:52:47 PM »
Got home from vacation and plowed through these last seven last night and this morning, and my reaction was...that's it?

Pretty disappointing, to be honest.  The slate of seven started off great, but seemed to ran out of gas in the last few episodes.  Damn.

I figure we could hold off until end of week with large font spoilers but I definitely wanted to talk about a couple things:

Totally agree Kev. I thought the same thing.....is that it? Like, seriously? I dug the series as a whole but this second half of the final season was pretty sub par. Plenty of time to tie up all the storylines but they were just so....boring.....compared to the entirety of the show.

My main complaint is that Wendy basically got away with being the largest contributor to nearly every problem Marty had. Her choices were selfish and horrible and undermined him at every turn. I think they got her and Ruth switched up....Ruth should have 'gotten away' with killing Javi and Wendy should have ultimately gotten killed for the culmination of her antics. Honestly, that's my main gripe is that. Ruth deserved better and Wendy didn't deserve any of what she ended up with. I'm sure that's what the show wanted to convey but it missed the mark for me.

All in all I'd recommend the show to anyone as it's really good....but was pretty underwhelmed with how they tied it all up. And, I'm not sure they did tie it up. There could easily be more episodes/seasons. Nothing is concretely decided there. Anyway.....that's my quick rant between meetings...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »

I figure we could hold off until end of week with large font spoilers but I definitely wanted to talk about a couple things:

Totally agree Kev. I thought the same thing.....is that it? Like, seriously? I dug the series as a whole but this second half of the final season was pretty sub par. Plenty of time to tie up all the storylines but they were just so....boring.....compared to the entirety of the show.

My main complaint is that Wendy basically got away with being the largest contributor to nearly every problem Marty had. Her choices were selfish and horrible and undermined him at every turn. I think they got her and Ruth switched up....Ruth should have 'gotten away' with killing Javi and Wendy should have ultimately gotten killed for the culmination of her antics. Honestly, that's my main gripe is that. Ruth deserved better and Wendy didn't deserve any of what she ended up with. I'm sure that's what the show wanted to convey but it missed the mark for me.

All in all I'd recommend the show to anyone as it's really good....but was pretty underwhelmed with how they tied it all up. And, I'm not sure they did tie it up. There could easily be more episodes/seasons. Nothing is concretely decided there. Anyway.....that's my quick rant between meetings...

I am with ya!  Wendy never getting held accountable for her actions was a bad decision, and the way Ruth's arc played out I did not like at all.  I get that not every show is going to go the Breaking Bad route of wrapping everything up in a bow and making sure everyone gets what they deserve, but this just doesn't stick to landing.

And let's not forget the flash forward with the car accident that we first saw a few months ago at the start of the season, an accident that ultimately meant absolutely nothing.  A family of four somehow managed to get in a horrific car accident and all walk away and go on with their days like nothing had just happened. It was at that point when I realized, "We are not getting a good ending." 

Also, I get it: people do bad things in real life and get away with it, like the Byrdes did, but it's a TV show.  Did we really need a reminder that, "Hey, sometimes people can get involved with the cartel, kill people, make a lot of money, get away with it all, and get a lot of power?" 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 02:17:58 PM by KevShmev »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2022, 02:17:24 PM »
D'oh.

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2022, 02:37:21 PM »
agree on all points with you Kev

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2022, 02:59:59 PM »

I am with ya!  Wendy never getting held accountable for her actions was a bad decision, and the way Ruth's arc played out I did not like at all.  I get that not every show is going to go the Breaking Bad route of wrapping everything up in a bow and making sure everyone gets what they deserve, but this just doesn't stick to landing.

And let's not forget the flash forward with the car accident that we first saw a few months ago at the start of the season, an accident that ultimately meant absolutely nothing.  A family of four somehow managed to get in a horrific car accident and all walk away and go on with their days like nothing had just happened. It was at that point when I realized, "We are not getting a good ending." 

Also, I get it: people do bad things in real life and get away with it, like the Byrdes did, but it's a TV show.  Did we really need a reminder that, "Hey, sometimes people can get involved with the cartel, kill people, make a lot of money, get away with it all, and get a lot of power?" 

Oh man....don't get me going on the car accident. In the initial moments afterwards when Wendy wasn't responding I thought to myself that was 'fitting' as she basically received a karmic kind of judgment and that'd free up Marty to then get him and the kids 'out' of it all with a well thought out plan. But when she started moving I thought "you've got to be shittin' me?"  The magnitude of that accident and not one of them being unconscious or hurt? Was pretty unbelievable. I know it's a show but still....that was poor judgment for them all to just show up via a cab at home in the next scene.

They could have easily let Ruth live and go about the direction they'd set before her......and should  have given Wendy a much, much more brutal ending as she rightfully deserved. In fact, now that I'm talking and thinking about it more I'm getting a bit more ticked off at how they chose to wrap that show up. It just doesn't jive with how the show 'felt' for the better part of the run of the series.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2022, 04:14:06 PM »
My feelings exactly Gary.... they just did Ruth hella wrong man... To have that redemption arc cut off like that, just fucked up man...