General > General Music Discussion

The Night Flight Orchestra

(1/38) > >>

DoctorAction:
My Spotify playlist suggested me this bands latest, Amber Galactic, and I've been recommending it to many.

Such fun, excellent, joyful, 80s/70s cheesy rock. Superb catchy songs. Great playing and perfect vocals. Like prime Purple/Flashdance soundtrack/AOR... I really don't know the references well enough but it's pretty much a perfect match for my tastes at the mo.

https://g.co/kgs/McvMi6

bl5150:
Not sure about Flashdance  :lol  but they are right up there with the very best retro rock bands around. IMHO their debut is still their best so if you like Amber Galactic then check that out too.   I believe I submitted them in my very first DTF roulette so they have copped the odd mention (both there and in the hard rock thread) but good to see them get their own thread  :tup

SystematicThought:
Nuclear Blast has some great retro bands signed (and it makes some people mad for some reason). Check out Blues Pills as well--their vocalist Ellin Larsson is awesome!

What I like about Night Flight Orchestra besides the music and everything is that the members are from death metal bands like Soilwork. They make some great music and I'm glad to see them mentioned

DoctorAction:

--- Quote from: bl5150 on July 19, 2017, 04:45:03 PM ---Not sure about Flashdance  :lol  but they are right up there with the very best retro rock bands around. IMHO their debut is still their best so if you like Amber Galactic then check that out too.

--- End quote ---

That's great to hear. I've been restraining myself both from binging too hard on Amber Galactic and thinning my attention by going straight through the back catalogue so I'm looking forward to hearing more.  :tup

--- Quote from: SystematicThought on July 19, 2017, 05:04:57 PM ---Nuclear Blast has some great retro bands signed (and it makes some people mad for some reason). Check out Blues Pills as well--their vocalist Ellin Larsson is awesome!

What I like about Night Flight Orchestra besides the music and everything is that the members are from death metal bands like Soilwork. They make some great music and I'm glad to see them mentioned

--- End quote ---

I'll check Blues Pills out. Thanks!

I bought the last Soilwork album (on the back of TNFO) and it nearly worked for me. But not quite.

The lyrics on Amber Galactic really amuse me too. Genuinely make me laugh in places. And the rest of the time they really fit the music and scan perfectly.

Can't wait to get out on my work journey and pump it up again.

ErHaO:
Yeah, they are ace. In fact, I was thinking about starting a thread about them since I couldn't find it. I am not even that much of a fan of 80's music, but this band just creates a lot of catchy tunes with some great musicianship.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version