Author Topic: Musicians you feel are like a kindred spirit  (Read 647 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Musicians you feel are like a kindred spirit
« on: March 31, 2023, 04:46:17 PM »
Are there any musician's that just feel like you can totally relate to and feel almost like a kindred spirit?

For me, it is 100% Layne Staley. A good dude at the core, but overwhelmed a lot of times with the struggles of life. That's me in a nutshell and I relate to him in so many ways.

Down in a hole is something I could relate to in many times in my life and his music helped me through some tough times.

How about you all? Any musical artists that you feel like could be a kindred spirit?

Offline DTwwbwMP

Re: Musicians you feel are like a kindred spirit
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 08:03:53 PM »
MP

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 09:21:55 PM »
Kip Winger.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 10:38:26 PM »
Alex Lifeson
John Petrucci
James Labrie
Weird Al
Not just because of their skills,  but I can relate to them as people.  They are nice humble people who don't take themselves too seriously.  They take their craft seriously, but I can tell they are nice ordinary people at heart.

Of course I could say the same thing about all current members of DT..  :coolio
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 10:45:19 PM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 09:01:12 AM »
Not really.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 09:15:19 AM »
This is hard; I don't really know them.  I mean, maybe Mike, since we're fans in a similar way, but I'm not really "like" him and he's not really "like" me. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 09:27:08 AM »
LTE
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 09:44:15 AM »
John Myung. The man always seems so uncomfortable in interviews unless he’s talking about things he’s passionate about and then suddenly he’s the most well-spoken person in the world. Similarly, I tend to be more quiet and reserved around strangers until music, amusement parks, or sports come up in conversation and then I’m a lot more outgoing.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask