Author Topic: Best holiday/vacation?  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
Best holiday/vacation?
« on: July 17, 2017, 04:37:24 AM »
We just got home from a two week California road trip. The jetlag is brutal (I live in Ireland - 8 hours difference from CA), and I'm suffering through work today, but we had an amazing time.

Our itinerary was:

LAX -> Santa Maria (1 night stopover)
Santa Maria -> Monterey (2 nights)
Monterey -> San Francisco (3 nights)
SF -> Yosemite National Park (3 nights)
Yosemite -> Tulare (1 night stopover)
Tulare -> Anaheim (Disneyland) (4 nights)

Trip highlights were:
  • Hiking the Mist Trail at Yosemite.  :o
  • Biking over the Golden Gate Bridge at SF.
  • Alcatraz

All in all a fantastic, but exhausting trip. :tup

What are people's favourite vacations?? Can be either recent or from childhood or whatever..

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Best holiday/vacation?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 05:16:27 AM »
I've been fortunate enough to travel all around Europe with my previous job the best place I've been to is Costa Rica. My gf and I booked a cheap trip without thinking too much of it. We were gone gone 8 days, went to Arenal, the cloud forest, and finally Manuel Antonio. It was the best trip we've done. The people were fantastic, the food was cheap and amazing (with the exception of the beef), and the natural beauty is impossible to describe.

Next near we are coming to your side of pond and doing a trip through Ireland.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 05:22:01 AM »
Cool - bring an umbrella  :biggrin:! I'm sure you'll visit places that I've never been to. (It's funny how you don't really do the touristy things in your own country.)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:10 AM »
One of my favorites was Christmas 2014. Victoria and I went to Washington DC from 12/22-12/27. We had a great time. The city was dead. We walked all the monuments on Christmas Eve with our dog with nobody in sight with the exception of an occasional jogger. The museums were deserted during the day and there was very little traffic. We had a great time.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:54:51 AM »
Eighteen days in Europe, for me. Wonderful scenic train-ride over the alps (Bernina pass). A couple of nights in the most beautiful town on Earth. Some partying in Germany. Lovely meals in Italy. All around great time.

West to East jetlag didn't bother me much, though I did have a hard time falling asleep my first night in England. Strange since I didn't sleep at all the night before. East to West jetlag is brutal. It fucks up your routine and causes depression, which sucks coming at the end of a nice vacation.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 09:57:11 AM »
My favorite vacation is still probably the one I did last summer, solo.

Three free nights at the Venetian in Las Vegas, saw a few shows, ate some amazing food, shot some guns
One Day at the Grand Canyon - enough said
An afternoon in Sedona (I really loved it there)
Two nights in Phoenix (my least favorite part of the trip, but went to a Diamonbacks game and did some sight seeing)
One last night back in Vegas (Carrot Top took a shot with me in my last hours in Vegas  :lol)

But my vacation last month was really awesome too (and somewhat similar to to Logain's)

Seattle -> Olmypic National Park -> Mt. Rainier National Park -> Portland -> Crater Lake National Park -> Redwood National Park -> Lassen Volcanic National Park -> San Fran 7 nights in 7 different locations with my gf.  Drove 1800 miles.  I did document this trip here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwQdl7IrOnc

And now I am itching to start planning my next vacation.  Honestly want to do Vegas -> Grand Canyon (northern rim) -> Salt Lake City (I think Zion I can do as well).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 10:11:56 AM »
I'm actually debating whether or not to plan a trip to Germany next year. I need to burn my mostly useless AA miles and start accruing something useful, and that would do it. Always wanted to drive a BMW all around Germany, and the gas prices are certainly right for that. Figure 8 or 9 days in Germany before heading to the Alps and another week exploring Lake Como. Just unsure if I want to blow three grand right now. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »
I remember my childhood vacations more fondly than I imagine they deserve.  Driving the family truckster from CT to FL over two days to see Grandma.   I remember one time we got stuck in a freak blizzard in SC, and slept in a Stuckey's for two nights.

I loved the trip I took to Cabo San Lucas.  Scuba diving off the shore, tequila with Sammy.

I loved the trip I took to Hawaii for the "Maui Classic" basketball tournament.

I loved the trips I took to Munich, and Ireland (both of them). 

It wasn't a vacation, but I loved driving a rented Mercedes from Dormagen Germany to Berlin, cranking Marillion the whole way.   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
I'm actually debating whether or not to plan a trip to Germany next year. I need to burn my mostly useless AA miles and start accruing something useful, and that would do it. Always wanted to drive a BMW all around Germany, and the gas prices are certainly right for that. Figure 8 or 9 days in Germany before heading to the Alps and another week exploring Lake Como. Just unsure if I want to blow three grand right now.

I did something like that on the trip I proposed to my first wife (still love the trip; not the ex-wife).   We flew in to Frankfurt; they were SO sorry at the rental desk, they did not have the Volvo sedan they promised, and all they had was a BMW 5-series wagon.  We drove that from Frankfurt to Munich, then to Innsbruck, Zurich and back to Frankfurt.

In Munich, I walked up to two women at the open market, who were standing behind a case with about 30 different cheeses, and in my best German, I said "I'm sorry, do you have any cheese?"  And they laughed and laughed, and then one said, in English, "darling what are you hoping to do?"  And I told her we were on vacation and about to drive to Innsbruck.  She must have liked me or felt sorry for me, because her and her colleague went in back and made about four or five sandwiches with fresh cold cuts and cheese on rolls and gave them to us.  s far as I can tell (and remember) she charged us only for the cheese that went on, though I did as I usually did there and rounded up to the nearest full Euro.

Innsbruck was amazing; driving over the mountain pass and seeing the village below, it was like a postcard.  Though I got pulled over on the way down and a guy in a military uniform and a automatic weapon gave me a paper I couldn't read, pointed to the "20 Euro" written on there and put his hand out.  I paid him and went on my way.  No idea if that was legit or I essentially bribed a representative of the Austrian government.   :)   The Alps in the background is like the coolest fucking painting you've ever seen always in your vision.   Zurich was nice (one of the stores had a display of sporting goods and the main thing was a UConn basketball jersey; as I went to UConn, it was nice to see!). 

I'd do that again in a heart beat.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
A trip to Germany might be in my very near future. My sister is moving there next weekend.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 10:31:46 AM »
While I won't nit-pick between the three, I've been on Progressive Nation at Sea and Cruise to the Edge twice, and it's hard to beat the experience those trips have given me. I've enjoyed a varied range of trips, but those are always awesome. Runner up would be the trip we took to Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, and Las Vegas.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »
A trip to Germany might be in my very near future. My sister is moving there next weekend.
Where?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 10:41:39 AM »
Where?

Düsseldorf. She met some guy last year in Jamaica while she was on vacation (he was also there on vacation) and they've stayed in touch. He's been out here a few times and she's been there a couple times now.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
Been to Germany enough that I have little interest in going back there unless it was for Octoberfest or for a music festival.   I'd really like to do a tour of Italy though if I am leaving the states.  Also England and seeing Stone Henge would be amazing.

However, I am kind of in a state where I have little interest in leaving the country.  I feel like I get better bang for my buck by sticking within the borders.  There's just sooo much in the US to see that my urge to explore Europe is not as high as it is to continue exploring the US, at this time.

Had a nice debate with some friends about Hawaii vs. Iceland.  I think I'd rather do Hawaii. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:46 AM »
Been to Germany enough that I have little interest in going back there unless it was for Octoberfest or for a music festival.   I'd really like to do a tour of Italy though if I am leaving the states.  Also England and seeing Stone Henge would be amazing.

However, I am kind of in a state where I have little interest in leaving the country.  I feel like I get better bang for my buck by sticking within the borders.  There's just sooo much in the US to see that my urge to explore Europe is not as high as it is to continue exploring the US, at this time.

Had a nice debate with some friends about Hawaii vs. Iceland.  I think I'd rather do Hawaii.

I agree. I've seen so little of the states. You could see so much of this country for what it'd take to spend a week in Italy or France. I'd like to see Stonehenge as well, but you can't get anywhere near it these days. You have to view it from a distance from the road.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 11:10:56 AM »
Where?

Düsseldorf. She met some guy last year in Jamaica while she was on vacation (he was also there on vacation) and they've stayed in touch. He's been out here a few times and she's been there a couple times now.

Dormagen, where I drove from, is about midway between Dusseldorf and Cologne (an amazingly beautiful city).  What a beautiful part of the country.   And better yet, as in most of Germany, each City has their own sort of local beers that are so good. 

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 02:00:28 PM »
+1 for Sedona and Grand Canyon. We did a similar road trip holiday two years ago, going from LA -> San Diego (beautiful city) -> Las Vegas -> Grand Canyon -> Scottsdale -> LA.

It is worth paying the extra money to stay a night at one of the hotels on the edge of the Grand Canyon. There are some incredible views to be had at dawn and dusk, when most of the tourists have gone, and it's quiet.

We passed through Sedona on the way to Scottsdale. Wish we had stayed there instead. Just outside it is a really cool state park - https://azstateparks.com/slide-rock, which is a natural rock slide. The kids loved it.

Actually this year, the plan was to go to Yellowstone, but the flights and car hire were just too expensive. Will keep it in mind for the future.

I was in Germany once with work, and wouldn't mind a chance to go back as a tourist.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »
I would say Egypt in 2007, before the looting of the Museums.
Perfect trip, in November so Temperature was about 23 degrees Celsius,  felucca up the Nile, then cruise up the Nile, Abu Simbel, Hot Air Balloon over the Valley of the Kings, Donkey ride into The Valley of The Kings, Camel ride through a village, seeing Tutankhamen going inside the second Pyramid, and generally a great group of Australian, English, American, Irish, New Zealand people.

Second would be my US 2010 trip Fall Foilage in New England, Boston to Maine, New York, Philadelphia, WDC, then the South.

Now I am planning my next trip for next February and March which is self driving from
New Orleans through Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, back to Georgia, Mississippi then Louisiana ending in New Orleans, so I am hoping this one becomes the best.

Look forward to doing a West Coast USA trip so love reading about your trips.  :corn I will dream of Summer while I am cold in 6 degrees Celsius at the moment.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »
Now I am planning my next trip for next February and March which is self driving from
New Orleans through Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, back to Georgia, Mississippi then Louisiana ending in New Orleans, so I am hoping this one becomes the best.

I haven't heard of many people doing a south east US trip like this, but this sounds definitely like something I would consider, although maybe skip Florida (been there enough, and going to Jacksonville this fall since the rents just moved there).  Definitely want to visit New Orleans, but I haven't done enough research to know what's worthwhile in Alabama/Mississippi. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
We did Sedona/Scottsdale Phoenix back in 1998. It was awesome out there. Caught a D-Backs game (inaugural season) and somehow I talked my wife into see Iron Maiden/Dio in Phoenix. :metal

I didn't step on a plane from 1999 to 2014. A couple summers ago, we did Las Vegas/Grand Canyon/Disneyland. We spent a day in LA, hit Hollywood and a Dodgers game. Dipped our toes in the ocean on Huntington Beach before we drove back to Vegas.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »
Wow this is difficult, I've had some great holidays when I was a kid and also as a grown up and each one has had things that I loved, whether it was the scenery, the food, the people or whatever. But, if I'm forced to chose then I'll chose one of my last ones.
I went on a 2 week trip to patagonia in Argentina by my own, stayed at Bariloche which is a very nice little city, then made my way to El Bolson which has some amazing trekking routes with several places mountain shelters where you can stay for the night and get something to eat. I spent around 7 or 8 days in the mountain, no cellphone, no internet, no nothing, just the nature and the people I got to meet at every stop. I did lots of hiking, met lots of people and was amazed by the beautiful landscapes and the peace of it all.
The last couple of days I spent in Bariloche again, having drinks with people I met at a hostel, going to the lake to spend the day and just relaxing and resting after all the exercise.

I'll be doing just this in little over a month  :smiley:. It's super cheap to rent a BMW in Germany, we'll be taking off in Munich, going south to Garmisch Partenkirchen, Fussen, Wurzburg and finally Dusseldorf. I'll let you know how that goes when I'm back
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Cable

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »
We just got home from a two week California road trip. The jetlag is brutal (I live in Ireland - 8 hours difference from CA), and I'm suffering through work today, but we had an amazing time.

Our itinerary was:

LAX -> Santa Maria (1 night stopover)
Santa Maria -> Monterey (2 nights)
Monterey -> San Francisco (3 nights)
SF -> Yosemite National Park (3 nights)
Yosemite -> Tulare (1 night stopover)

Trip highlights were:
  • Hiking the Mist Trail at Yosemite.  :o
  • Biking over the Golden Gate Bridge at SF.
  • Alcatraz

All in all a fantastic, but exhausting trip. :tup

What are people's favourite vacations?? Can be either recent or from childhood or whatever..

Amazing! What a way to hit the states!

The Eastern US mouse (WDW), via a 2004 Florida trip was probably my favorite from the top of my head.

Talking of ideal time away, a vacation for me = at least 7 consecutive days away from work. Otherwise it's a trip to me. Any vacation is a great vacation therefore with my duration standard! Especially when I can go a day or more without checking work email. So at this time, probably somewhere tropical.
---

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »

Do it! I didn't drive a BMW but I did drive an S4 all around England and it would've been one of the best trips if I didn't keep saying "left left left" aloud

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »
I've got three standouts here:

-Brussels/Luxembourg/Amsterdam/Brussels (with stops in Koln & Bruges) over Christmas a few years ago.  Northern European cities at the hlidays are hard to beat.  Also notable for me having to learn to drive stick in Brussels morning rush hour, going uphill in the rain, due to a rail strike  :lol

-Buenos Aires (with a side trip to Colonia, Uruguay) over Thanksgiving.  It was beautiful, late spring weather, and oh god, so much steak & Malbec...

-Belize, four days in the Cays, and four days at a jungle adventure lodge in the mountains.  Perfect combination of chilling out and oh-god-I'm-going-to-die
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 08:59:04 PM »

I haven't heard of many people doing a south east US trip like this, but this sounds definitely like something I would consider, although maybe skip Florida (been there enough, and going to Jacksonville this fall since the rents just moved there).  Definitely want to visit New Orleans, but I haven't done enough research to know what's worthwhile in Alabama/Mississippi.

It starts as 9 nights in NOLA before driving to Mobile (1) then Montgomery (1) by way of Monroeville then across to Tallahassee, just above in Monticello (1) then St Simon's Island (1) before 7 nights in Savannah then 4 in Charleston, then Covington (1), Atlanta (3), Birmingham (1), Natchez (5), St Francisville (1), Lafayette (1), Baton Rouge, (2) then Oak Alley Plantation Cottages (2) then back to the French Quarter for (2) before flying home. The main point of the trip is see more of New Orleans and Plantation Homes, so they are dotted throughout the South, so this is the plan... it is going to do my first time driving in the US so I am nervous, opposite side of the car, the road.... I am sure it will be okay.  :) I will just try and avoid night driving for a while....

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 07:12:41 AM »
I'm a big fan of New Orleans (I was married there, and I have a time share a block from the Quarter, so go back regularly).   Just don't be distracted by the "glitz".  Every one says "BOURBON STREET!" then when they get there, it's dirty, smelly, touristy, and just... not fun in the day time.   

But there are some PHENOMENAL restaurants - Irene's, Doris Metropolitan - and the WWII Museum is a good time as is the Aquarium.   

Same with Savannah and Charleston; great food, and great things to do (Charleston:  Fort Sumter) if you dig in a little. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 07:20:10 AM »

It starts as 9 nights in NOLA before driving to Mobile (1) then Montgomery (1) by way of Monroeville then across to Tallahassee, just above in Monticello (1) then St Simon's Island (1) before 7 nights in Savannah then 4 in Charleston, then Covington (1), Atlanta (3), Birmingham (1), Natchez (5), St Francisville (1), Lafayette (1), Baton Rouge, (2) then Oak Alley Plantation Cottages (2) then back to the French Quarter for (2) before flying home. The main point of the trip is see more of New Orleans and Plantation Homes, so they are dotted throughout the South, so this is the plan... it is going to do my first time driving in the US so I am nervous, opposite side of the car, the road.... I am sure it will be okay.  :) I will just try and avoid night driving for a while....

Wow that's a really long trip.  Sounds fun.  I think you'll be fine driving though, maybe the cities will be tougher, but got to think those country roads will be an easy drive.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »
But it's LONG.  That stretch of I-10 from NOLA to Atlanta is not a hop skip and a jump.   Beautiful, but LONG.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »
it is going to do my first time driving in the US so I am nervous, opposite side of the car, the road.... I am sure it will be okay.  :) I will just try and avoid night driving for a while....

You should be fine once you get used to it. I like driving in the US - the fact that nearly all rental cars are automatic make it one less thing to worry about, though for the first few days I'm always stamping down on the floor, going for a non-existent clutch. That, and absent mindedly coming out of the hotel and jumping into the car on the passenger side, wondering why there's no steering wheel.  :lol

The things I found a bit strange was the ability to right turn on red. That, and the fact that when you do turn right on a red, the pedestrian crossing could be lit up for "walk", so you have to be careful not to mow anyone down.

The most stressful driving I've experienced has been in LA, where there's 5 or six lanes on the freeway, with people weaving their way in and out. There doesn't seem to be the same concept of a slow lane and overtaking lanes, as we have here.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 09:08:48 AM »
it is going to do my first time driving in the US so I am nervous, opposite side of the car, the road.... I am sure it will be okay.  :) I will just try and avoid night driving for a while....

You should be fine once you get used to it. I like driving in the US - the fact that nearly all rental cars are automatic make it one less thing to worry about, though for the first few days I'm always stamping down on the floor, going for a non-existent clutch. That, and absent mindedly coming out of the hotel and jumping into the car on the passenger side, wondering why there's no steering wheel.  :lol

The things I found a bit strange was the ability to right turn on red. That, and the fact that when you do turn right on a red, the pedestrian crossing could be lit up for "walk", so you have to be careful not to mow anyone down.

The most stressful driving I've experienced has been in LA, where there's 5 or six lanes on the freeway, with people weaving their way in and out. There doesn't seem to be the same concept of a slow lane and overtaking lanes, as we have here.

Don't get me started with LA driving  :lol but I wouldn't consider it hectic, just too many cars.  Also, turning right on red is amazing.  I hate when I'm somewhere and can't do it.  My inner NJ driver sometimes does it anyway because I forget.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »
LA has never been an issue at all. While there's often plenty of traffic, when the roads are clear it's just fine. Their problem is that they time the lights to prevent flow. NYC driving is where the insanity is. Driving my own car I'd get off on it pretty hard. Driving a rental that I'm financially on the hook for is very unpleasant. I really miss the old days when LDW was a couple of bucks a day and a greenlight to destroy their car.

Right on red is a good thing. Down here we also have left on red, but only when both streets are 1-way. Doesn't come up all that often, so we often forget we can do it. As for not mowing down pedestrians, that applies regardless of RoR. When I'm on foot I'm more concerned about people turning left on a green, non-arrow.

Most people do get that concept, but once traffic starts to build up it goes out the window. You'll see it often enough when everybody's doing 120 (KPH), but when nobody can drive faster than 65 it becomes every man for himself, and for good reason.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »

Go do a brief search of the "things that irritate me" thread and read about half of my posts.  :) 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 10:50:31 AM »

Go do a brief search of the "things that irritate me" thread and read about half of my posts.  :)

I feel like I'm not bothered by them because I live here, but if I was a stranger to the United States and then had to get on Connecticut's highways, I'd probably be shitting my pants. More times than not it's a complete free-for-all with a socially accepted speed limit of 90mph or so  :lol

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 12:39:44 PM »
I'm a big fan of New Orleans (I was married there, and I have a time share a block from the Quarter, so go back regularly).   

The wife and I first met on a balcony of a Bourbon St. bar when we were on respective spring breaks from grad school.   :lol  I stand by it!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 12:56:20 PM »
I'm a big fan of New Orleans (I was married there, and I have a time share a block from the Quarter, so go back regularly).   

The wife and I first met on a balcony of a Bourbon St. bar when we were on respective spring breaks from grad school.   :lol  I stand by it!

Did you give her beads?