Author Topic: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice  (Read 94997 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice
« Reply #630 on: March 28, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »
should have been an icing call (in today's NHL).

There's a whole other topic.  Drives me nuts how much icing there is.  Between pucks that were intentionally *not* touched by the defending team, or players who look like they're skating thru mud to make sure they don't catch the puck, the linesmen are brutal in their judgment of what's 'playable'.  I'd love to see the NHL adopt international/Europe/Russia standards - if it's anywhere close to be playable (by either team) ... no icing.

Agreed. It’s become a fine art and gamesmanship to ‘earn’ that icing call for your team. Some instances are pretty blatant.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline pg1067

« Reply #631 on: March 28, 2018, 09:56:22 AM »
Blues win in OT!!

Damnit.

But the more important result (from my perspective) was that Vancouver beat Anaheim!  I almost want to take back every unkind thing I've ever said about the Canucks and the Sedins.

The Kings and Anaheim are now tied with 91 points and both teams having 5 games remaining.  The Kings have 5 more ROW than Anaheim, so that tiebreaker is pretty well in hand.  STL also has 91 points and the same number of ROW as the Kings but one game in hand on both the Kings and Anaheim.

Part of me wants Colorado to win tonight to knock Anaheim out of the second wild card spot, but I think the Kings' interests are ultimately best served by Colorado losing, so GO FLYERS.

The big showdown between the Kings and Anaheim looms on Friday.  I just hope the Kings show up to play against Arizona tomorrow.  I'm sure Jack Campbell will start in net because of the back-to-back, and that game has huge potential to be a trap game for the Kings.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #632 on: March 29, 2018, 11:30:41 AM »
Philly beat Colorado last night.  That's a good thing.

Minnesota and St. Louis have a game in hand on the other teams in the hunt for the playoffs.  Only two games tonight with Western Conference playoff implications:

Dallas @ Minnesota
Arizona @ Kings

I think Minnesota is going to make it into the playoffs one way or another, and Dallas is on life support, so I don't really have a preference in that game.  I assume the St. Louis fans here are pulling for Dallas

Kings are 1-0-2 against Arizona this year, which isn't good against one of the worst teams in the league.  They need to beat a team they should beat and avoid looking ahead to the big game tomorrow against Anaheim.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #633 on: March 29, 2018, 11:46:22 AM »
I think Minnesota is going to make it into the playoffs one way or another, and Dallas is on life support, so I don't really have a preference in that game.  I assume the St. Louis fans here are pulling for Dallas

There's an off chance we could overtake Minnesota for third place....which, I don't know if I'd like that. Honestly, I'd rather play the Predators or Vegas in the first round than Winnipeg.

Vegas rode their hot start to a nice position but they've looked more and more beatable. And, as I've said already.....I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues matchup against the Preds first round and just get it over one way or the other. Preds are 'supposed' to win so all the pressure is on them no matter who they face. If we lose...oh well....but if you beat them that's a huge boost to the team psyche and there's no telling what could happen ......ala the Preds of last year.

Winnipeg is a scary team in my eyes.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #634 on: March 29, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »
1st place on the line tonight.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #635 on: March 29, 2018, 12:27:44 PM »
Go Tampa!  No way in hell could I ever root for the Bs, even if it means getting closer to a 1st round matchup with yous guyz
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: March 29, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »
Lol. We get one player back tonight. Backes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #637 on: March 29, 2018, 01:24:39 PM »
Big game for the Devils tonight, trying to finish a season sweep of Pittsburgh and keep a little distance between ourselves and the Panthers.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #638 on: March 29, 2018, 06:42:45 PM »
When the hell did the NHL start hiring NBA officials to call the games? WTF'nF?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #639 on: March 29, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
 :lol

Chippy game so far.  I like it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #640 on: March 29, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
David Pastrnak is still only 21 years old. Amazing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #641 on: March 29, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »
Chippy game so far.  I like it.

A playoff feel for sure.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: March 29, 2018, 07:30:26 PM »
You know us old school bastards, I'd rather see stuff not called let the boys play.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: March 29, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
PATRICE BRGERON!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #644 on: March 29, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »
 :omg:

That goal was ridiculous!

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #645 on: March 29, 2018, 07:45:41 PM »
1st place on the line tonight.

Hahaha! Those are f'ing hilarious. Where are they hanging?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #646 on: March 29, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »
Another goal from the Bruins version of the Trottier-Bossy-Gilles line.

Seriously, they are inches away from scoring on what seems like every shift.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #647 on: March 29, 2018, 07:54:18 PM »
Seeing the Lightning again next week!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #648 on: March 29, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Oh yeah Chad. Number one seed with a game in hand. Oh yeah!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #649 on: March 29, 2018, 08:37:39 PM »
So as far as the Bruins go, the only team they CANNOT beat is Washington.

Their second toughest matchup in the East is Toronto.

The Bruins CAN beat every other team, including Pittsburgh and Tampa, who they surprisingly matchup well against.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #650 on: March 29, 2018, 10:11:40 PM »
Oh yeah Chad. Number one seed with a game in hand. Oh yeah!

The way Tampa's been playing lately, I'd rather face them than the Bruins.  The Leafs dominated them last week, and then screwed the pooch in the 3rd to blow a two goal lead; and the Bolts lost bad to the Coyotes recently!  Seems as though them (and Vegas) are limping in to the playoffs.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #651 on: March 30, 2018, 12:59:12 AM »
Damn!  Jeff Carter with a hat trick as the Kings avoid a trap game against Arizona and win back-to-back games for the first time in March.

Steel cage death match against Anaheim tomorrow.  They'd better come to play.

As an aside, congrats to Dave Jackson, who officiated in his final regular season game in LA tonight.  The players from both teams lined up to shake his hand after the game as if it were the end of a playoff series.  Nicely done.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: March 30, 2018, 08:56:45 AM »
Man oh man... both Calgary and Dallas have let their fans down with such epic collapses.  In the last 10 games, Calgary is 2-8; Dallas is 1-7-2.  Panthers seem to be running out of steam too.  I think the only thing in question is the Wild Wild West.  Which one of St.Lou, Ana, LA and Co are going to go home early.  My money would be on Colorado.  Anaheim has a slightly easier sched, and only one more road game.  Could very well come down to the final game/weekend of the season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: March 30, 2018, 09:01:57 AM »
Man oh man... both Calgary and Dallas have let their fans down with such epic collapses.  In the last 10 games, Calgary is 2-8; Dallas is 1-7-2.  Panthers seem to be running out of steam too.  I think the only thing in question is the Wild Wild West.  Which one of St.Lou, Ana, LA and Co are going to go home early.  My money would be on Colorado.  Anaheim has a slightly easier sched, and only one more road game.  Could very well come down to the final game/weekend of the season.

If StL can win 3 of the last 5 that'd put them at 97 pts and I'm pretty confident that'd get them in. I'd love to see LA win tonight because that'd mean Anaheim would essentially be fighting for a wild card spot and the Blues hold all the tie breakers over them. I'd also love for the Blues to get their business taken care of before playing Colorado at Colorado the final game of the season. Would hate to have to go in to Colorado needing to win or tie to get in.

They have a game against Arizona and (2) against Chicago. I can see Chicago winning at least one of those games but the Blues need to hammer Arizona and also do themselves a favor and beat Vegas tonight. If they can win tonight I'll start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #654 on: March 30, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »
Much as I don't want to because Brad Marchand is such a piece of shit (more than two months later, Marcus Johansson still hasn't returned from the concussion he got courtesy of Marchand), I have to be a Bruins fan for the rest of the season because half of Florida's remaining games are against the B's :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: March 30, 2018, 08:06:43 PM »
Bill, it pleases me seeing you profess your love for Marchand. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: March 30, 2018, 08:54:52 PM »
The only time I like Marchand is when he plays for Team Canada.  Otherwise, he can go choke on a cock.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: March 31, 2018, 05:19:29 AM »

He's Ken Linesman to me but more talented.  I hated Linesman on the Flyers but when he became a Bruin I loved him.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: March 31, 2018, 05:33:00 AM »

He's Ken Linesman to me but more talented.  I hated Linesman on the Flyers but when he became a Bruin I loved him.

Oh, I get it... I'd love him if he wore blue and white.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #659 on: March 31, 2018, 10:23:39 PM »
Well...Kings didn’t pull it out against Anaheim yesterday, but the shootout loss is the next best thing.  Anaheim has a game in hand and is only one point back going into the game against Colorado tomorrow.

St. Louis laid a major egg against Arizona.

Keep your seatbelts fastened!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #660 on: April 01, 2018, 05:48:54 AM »
The bad news for Colorado is the loss of Varmalov.

No kidding ... a couple of eggs laid last night - Dallas taking it to Minnesota too.  And looks like a bad injury to Suter, which is a huge loss.

Hope the Leafs can stay somewhat motivated over the last 3 games - especially given the teams they're facing.  NJ will be likely be pretty motivated, but I'd like to see them spank the shit out of both Buffalo and Montreal - because they should.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #661 on: April 01, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
Well...Kings didn’t pull it out against Anaheim yesterday, but the shootout loss is the next best thing.  Anaheim has a game in hand and is only one point back going into the game against Colorado tomorrow.

I wasn't surprised.  They were due for a bad game after a run of so many great games, and with it being the second night of a back to back on the west coast, it was fairly predictable.  But hey, four games to play and they control their own destiny, so it is put up or shut up time.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: April 01, 2018, 01:37:36 PM »

I wasn't surprised.  They were due for a bad game after a run of so many great games, and with it being the second night of a back to back on the west coast, it was fairly predictable.  But hey, four games to play and they control their own destiny, so it is put up or shut up time.

Yeah...you could feel that one coming. It's just a bummer that was a huge wasted opportunity to put a bit of space between Colorado with that being our game in hand.

Blues do have their destiny in their own hands but I honestly see them maybe going 2-2 in the final 4 games....which, only puts them at 96 pts. Like I said, they missed a golden opportunity last night to collect 2 pts....and they failed big time at that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #663 on: April 01, 2018, 01:50:15 PM »
It's funny... the shit-kicker teams are playing tough lately.  Az with road wins at both Tampa and Vegas; the Sabres handing Nashville their asses; Chicago schooling Winnipeg.  No game can be taken for granted.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #664 on: April 01, 2018, 07:11:08 PM »
Very true.

I am shocked that Brad Marchand resorted to dirty tactics today, said no one ever.