Author Topic: GLOW (Netflix)  (Read 7110 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: GLOW (Netflix)
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 06:54:20 AM »
Anyone think it's possible that Ruth's abortion procedure didn't take? They spent an awful lot of time on the pregnancy test and in the abortion clinic to just have that possibly story arc go to waste. What did it accomplish/how does it play into the next season? I suppose Ruth could tell Debbie's husband and that could stir up some drama, but idk. Ruth asked Debbie if she wanted to go out and get a drink at the end of the last episode, so I think she definitely went through with the procedure.

I thought the same thing. A lot of attention paid to it for it to just not be important to the story. Her and Debbie will probably get back to being close and right about that time Ruth will start 'showing' and have to tell Debbie she's pregnant with her husbands baby.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »
Bash and Sam?
*snip*

This should not go unnoticed  :rollin
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »
Can we just talk about Betty Gilpin for a minute though, god damn :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »
Betty is nice, but Kate Nash tho...

hubba hubba
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 11:50:56 AM »
Just waTched the first episode and I really enjoyed it. And Bernie...  :rollin :rollin
I'm getting another episode just right now  :corn

:o I thought, and I was sure that Sam Sylvia is played by Terry Kiser from Weekend At Bernie's - but not!! It's Marc Maron....  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:38:42 PM by The Silent Cody »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »
Bernie is the only good thing about this show in opinion. And the blonde with huge cans.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »
Season Two releases on June 29th  :metal

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2018, 06:03:42 AM »
Really looking forward to this coming back.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 01:15:37 AM »
Just rattled off the first five episodes of season 2. Didn’t skip a beat.....pretty cool show.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 05:39:01 AM »
Watched the 1st episode.   I'm in.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2018, 08:38:04 AM »
Watched the 1st episode.   I'm in.

It’s a fun show that’s done really well Joe. I think you’ll like it.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2018, 02:01:58 PM »
I went through pretty much all of season two between Friday night and yesterday. I liked season 1 plenty, but I thought season 2 was a clear improvement over that. Episode 8 in particular is the most fun episode of TV I've watched in a while.

Can we just talk about Betty Gilpin for a minute though, god damn :hat

Still very relevant, She is beyond fine  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2018, 10:15:50 PM »
Finished season 2. This is a good show. They do a terrific job of getting you invested in each character. Hope they green light a third season.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2018, 09:08:45 PM »
Just did a 2 day binge of Season 2. Just a really well done show.

My wife hasn't been paying attention and then about halfway through Season 02 I hear her say, 'I didn't think this show would be this good. I thought it would be stupid.'

Sums it up pretty well.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2018, 09:15:14 PM »
Such a true statement. It just doesn’t seem like it’d lend itself to being a very good show.....but it really is. The acting is REALLY good.....characters are strong as well.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 05:55:42 AM »
Wrapped up season 2 over the weekend. Completely different direction than season 1, but just as good IMO. I'm curious as to what Sam's role is going to be once in Vegas. If they're doing the same show night after night, what's he going to do?

Also, Debbie in the shower... dayum

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2018, 02:11:30 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2018, 11:46:40 PM »
YESSSSS great news! I was hoping it would get renewed but you never know with these streaming services.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2018, 02:30:00 AM »
Just started watching this, about 7 episodes in. Pretty funny.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2019, 09:55:56 PM »
4 episodes into season 3. Loving it, as always.

EDIT: I have to add, the character whose growth and story I think I have enjoyed the most is Sheila. It's been a slow burn but I love every time she opens up just a little more. Thinking of episode 4 of this new season right now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:14:27 PM by ProfessorPeart »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2019, 12:27:50 AM »
Finished the new season. Such a great show! I wish there was more! These characters are incredible.....

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
Just finished season 3. Guessing we will get another season but I am a bit perplexed on where it will go. I'm guessing it will revolve around the new TV show. I also wonder if everyone would be back, specifically Marc Maron. He kind of disappeared.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2019, 11:22:07 AM »
Just wrapped up the latest season.   

Great season from start to finish. Good ending too. Netflix better not pull a Netflix and cancel this show now that it has three seasons under its belt.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2019, 09:25:42 AM »
Just finished season 3. Guessing we will get another season but I am a bit perplexed on where it will go. I'm guessing it will revolve around the new TV show. I also wonder if everyone would be back, specifically Marc Maron. He kind of disappeared.

I'm at about episode 6 of season 3 and I was thinking Marc Maron's role really expanded this season!  Does he disappear in the last few episodes?  Wait - don't tell me.

I'm definitely enjoying it.  I loved the homage to the movie 'All That Jazz' with Tamee's back problems.  So funny.  And yeah, nice to see Sheila coming out of her shell finally.  And Bash is kind of a dick, isn't he?

Love the addition of Geena Davis to the cast. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2019, 12:24:28 PM »
Ran through S3 the last few days, and just had to comment on the powerful ending of ep9. I love how this show manages to be light and lovely throughout, yet can cut right to the heart in a moments turn. They really do this show so well on all aspects.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »
This reminds me, the show has been renewed for a 4th and final season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2019, 05:53:37 PM »
This reminds me, the show has been renewed for a 4th and final season.

Saw that. So glad that it gets a final season to wrap it up.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2020, 01:01:11 PM »
Just wrapped up the latest season.   

Great season from start to finish. Good ending too. Netflix better not pull a Netflix and cancel this show now that it has three seasons under its belt.

Welp, it happened.

Glow has been cancelled and Netflix is reversing their decision to make a 4th season. I have to say, I think Netflix is really fucking themselves with this kind of stuff. This is now the third or fourth show I've liked with no resolution or ending because of a cancellation. I was reading a write up the other day that was saying how the average length of a Netflix series is less than two seasons long. I have no desire to rewatch shows like Glow and Santa Clarita Diet if there's no ending. Maybe it's just me. They're gutting their catalog of shows like The Office and Parks and Rec to make room for their own content that's not worth staying subscribed for or invested in.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:31:42 PM by Chino »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2020, 01:03:29 PM »
Glow has been cancelled and Netflix is reversing their decision to make a 4th season. I have to say, I think Netflix is really fucking themselves with this kind of stuff. This is now the third or fourth show I've liked with no resolution or ending because of a cancellation. I was reading a write up the other day that was saying how the average length of a Netflix series is less than two seasons long. I have no desire to rewatch shows like Glow and Santa Clarita Diet if there's no ending. Maybe it's just me. They're gutting their catalog of shows like The Office and Parks and Rec to make room for their own content that's not worth staying subscribed for or invested in.

I agree, but I don't think they care. They want more subscriptions. After 2-3 …tops...and that's being generous for them, how is the show getting them more subscribers? They'd probably rather create a new show, let it got 1-3 years and then cancel that for another new show. I don't like the model, but I think that's all they're really interested in.

But yea, it really sucks about GLOW. That was a great show. I think Santa Clarita actually had a decent ending even if it wasn't a perfect conclusion.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2020, 01:28:33 PM »
That sucks. It’s definitely a show that deserves a full story.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2020, 12:01:19 PM »
Not surprised it got cancelled. Season 3 ran out of gas.
First 2 seasons were really good.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2020, 07:30:32 AM »
Very dissapointed that they're not going to get the chance to give this a proper send-off...makes me all the more hesitant to start watching Netflix content—they are just so 'cancel-happy'

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2020, 07:38:41 AM »
This shittiest part is they had a plan. The script for season 4 was finished and finalized. Production was already underway. Tons of footage had already been filmed for the new season. From what I've read, Covid pumped the brakes on filming for too long, and now there are contract-related conflicts pertaining availability.

makes me all the more hesitant to start watching Netflix content

This is going to be a huge problem for Netflix in the future. They've lost so much content to other streaming services, and they're getting left with a grave yard of unfinished content.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2020, 07:41:19 AM »
This shittiest part is they had a plan. The script for season 4 was finished and finalized. Production was already underway. Tons of footage had already been filmed for the new season. From what I've read, Covid pumped the brakes on filming for too long, and now there are contract-related conflicts pertaining availability.

makes me all the more hesitant to start watching Netflix content

This is going to be a huge problem for Netflix in the future. They've lost so much content to other streaming services, and they're getting left with a grave yard of unfinished content.

Yeah, I had a friend who was all about 'Altered Carbon,' so much so that I was about to start watching it when they up and announced it was done. Said friend rage-quit Netflix right then and there.