Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 1667 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Happy Fathers Day
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:16:51 AM »
Not sure if it's Fathers Day outside of NA, but even still, hope all the dad's here get exactly what they want today.  If you're anything like me, it's just to be left the fuck alone.   :biggrin:

I started the day by sleeping my ass in until about 10am.  It was glorious.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Happy Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:31:13 AM »
Hope all the Dads have a good day. Create some good memories with the family
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »
You dads rock!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »
Happy Father's Day to all DTF dads!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 09:28:14 AM »
Happy Father's Day, guys!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
God Bless us, everyone!

Oops, wrong holiday.  :biggrin:

God Bless us nonetheless. Hope all your Dad's Day's are great!  :metal
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 03:10:17 PM »
My father was never in my life, but on this day, I give thanks to the men who were my father figures.

I'm about to throw on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Seems like an appropriate day to do so

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
Never met my dad. But my grandfather more than filled that role. So happy father's day to him. He was a great man.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »
Never met my dad. But my grandfather more than filled that role. So happy father's day to him. He was a great man.

A big hell yeah. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »
Started my father's day last night by hanging with my neighbors and killing 3/4 of a bottle of Glenmorangie til 3:30am. Slept in til 9, spent a veeeeery slow morning and early afternoon preparing to grill for my in-laws and a few others. I'm fucking beat. The best present is being my kids' dad. No other gifts necessary.

Also, first fathers day barely acknowledging my own father. I'm in a weird place, but it's the right decision. No abuse and no pain, I just have to find a way to process the conflict I feel.
Therapy session Thursday will help.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 08:31:08 PM »
I hear ya Drew.  I've been estranged from my Father for quite a few years now.  His wife passed away around Christmas, and we kinda re-connected for a bit, but he's lapsed into his old (disconnected) ways.  He sent me an e-card this morning.  I called to speak with him ... got his vmail, asked him to call me back, but I haven't heard from him.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 09:35:12 PM »
Happy father's day to all the dtf daddys. Felt pretty bad that I accidently months ago booked my vacation on father's day. My dad was cool but still felt bad that I wasn't with my family today.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 04:49:59 AM »
Bump... for obvious reasons. Hope it’s a glorious day for all my fellow DTF Fathers - Hef, cheffy-poo, Gary, Stads, Lowder, Brent, JJ, Coz, Tim, Rich, Orbert, Tick, Poddar, Chris, bosk, Brother Lion, ... surely I’m forgetting some (or unaware who is a father), and my apologies - I’m only 2 sips of coffee into my morning.

I’m stealing this from a friend’s FB post, cuz he worded it perfectly:

I am honored (but mostly humbled) by the opportunity to be a Father to my children. It is an awesome responsibility, but a more awesome chance to do something great.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to be called "Dad". I am equally aware of the responsibility that comes with that, and can only work everyday to be the best version of Dad that I can be.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2020, 04:56:19 AM »
Thanks Chad - same to you mate.   It's celebrated down here in September , although to be honest I am never big about making it "my day" and a big deal like the other half certainly would  :lol

Like you I am thankful for Ben and having the honour of being a Dad .  I was always very much on the fence about having kids but certainly glad I did and equally glad I stopped with one  :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 05:06:29 AM »
Happy Fathers Day all you lads! 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2020, 10:16:10 AM »
Happy Fathers Day!

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »
Thanks Chad  :tup    Hope it’s a good day for all the DTF Dads out there. From what I can glean from the various posts and pictures......all the DTF kiddos are in capable, loving hands.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 10:41:11 AM »
Happy fathers day to the dads out there!  :yarr

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2020, 04:25:06 PM »
Thanks, Chad!  Hope yours has been great.

Mine has been.  Got up early and went for a 22 mile bike ride, just me and my music.  Came home to an awesome breakfast cooked by my wife.  Awesome, and HEALTHY, which is not always easy to pull off.  She made a sweet potato hash, with peppers and onions, and some turkey sausage.  Topped it with just a smidge of cheese for flavor, a perfectly cooked over medium egg, and some avocado and sausage.  We had our breakfast and coffee out in the yard, just enjoying the peace of the morning, and seeing the humingbirds flit around to all of our flowers.  Got the kiddos up, and got ready for a late church service, and been home relaxing, doing mild yard stuff, and just hanging out since then.  Helping my oldest a bit with his Eagle Scout project.  Good, simple times.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2020, 04:36:50 PM »
I had a fun day with my kids making funny faces

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2020, 05:35:50 PM »
The best faces a dad could ask for on Father's Day.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2020, 06:52:02 PM »
Thanks Chad!!

Yes, Happy Father's Day to all. @T Ski-that water looks awesome.

Took this a few feet away from Plymouth Rock today:

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2020, 07:22:32 PM »
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be called "Dad".

Had this conversation with a co-worker and fellow dad the other day. We realize and acknowledge that we both "get" to be a dad. We don't always get what we want in life. I have wanted many things I have been unable to obtain. But I have been lucky enough to have been made a dad twice, with the help of one amazing mom, of course. But piss off moms, you get your own day. Today is ours! (but seriously, thanks for doing that whole childbirth thing. That shit looked painful).
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 06:11:44 AM »
'twas a fantastic day yesterday.  Played God of War for a couple hours in the morning, wings and beer for lunch, lazed around the pool all afternoon (it was hot af here) with mrs.jingle and jingle.daughter, T-bones/potatoes/corn for dinner with a nice glass of wine, special icecream sundae for dessert, and a new Led Zeppelin t-shirt - one that I used to have as a teenager (as well as a 5-foot poster).

Then, watched some guy-TV shows with jingle.son, and then Council of Dads season final with mrs.jingle.

The only downside is one of the t-bones sat directly over the burner for a couple minutes more than it should have, so 1/2 of the strip side was <gasp!> well done.  ugh! Oh well, I've saved that for a steak&egg scramble I'm gonna fire up in an hour or so.

One of the better Fathers Days in a while, tbh.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2020, 07:17:33 AM »
That's so awesome.  I'm happy for you.

Mine was decent too.   The NASCAR race was cancelled, but I got to spend time with my daughter and wife; the step kids all sent me Happy Father's Day greetings and not their dad (that's shorthand, and sounds "about me" but it's not; there's WAY more to the story than that, and the "joy" is that they have SOMEONE they can turn to.  I would be the happiest guy in the world if their dad found his inner peace and could be the dad he's supposed to be).   Worked on the Jeep, hung a little, made a nice meatball dinner (we went out the night before), and watched most of "Ford v. Ferrari" and all of "Vertigo".  I'll take that every year. 

Happy Father's Day to all of YOU, too!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2020, 09:59:19 AM »
My evening ended up being similar to yours, Chad.  We also spent it by the pool grilling some steaks.  (personally, I prefer NY strip, so that's what we had)  My wife wanted to grill them and let me "relax" and play with the kids, so I let her take it away.  And she does great, so no worries.  ...but as with yours, she got distracted partway through and left them on a bit too long.  They didn't get as done as yours, but I personally prefer mind just on the rare side of medium rare, and a couple were a shade past medium in some spots.  But still some excellent steaks.  (true story: I was actually going to go for ribs, but the store had sold out, and the steaks were on sale for $5.99/lb., which is incredible, so that was a no brainer)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2020, 10:22:33 AM »
We braved the world and went out for dinner as a family. First time in over 3 months. It was great!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
My kids got me an extremely over sized coffee mug due to the amount of coffee I drink.....and the fact I mainly drink from a 40 oz. tumbler. My mother got me a Blues gnome....second Blues gnome I've received as a gift.....first one was a DTF Secret Santa gift a few years back

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 07:49:01 AM »
Sorry I'm commenting so late, I missed this for some reason.  Thanks for bumping the thread Chad!  I love being a Dad,  I consider it my greatest achievement outside of being husband to my wonderful wife.  My kids each made me cards.  I wasn't feeling very well that day so I didn't do much on the food side of things, but getting cards and hugs was all I really needed.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"