Author Topic: NBA thread 2017-18 v. I dub thee champions  (Read 68152 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Re: NBA thread 2017-18 v. I dub thee champions
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2017, 09:05:34 AM »
I remember reading a couple years ago that Irving was not at all pleased that Lebron came back to Cleveland, because he (Irving) was wanting to be the lead banana. But he kept his mouth shut for the most part because they won a title and LBJ was the favored son. But with Cleveland not doing anything this offseason, and the GM leaving, Irving probably sees the writing on the wall. For example:

If LBJ leaves in free agency, the whole team is still way over the cap with nowhere near good enough players to truthfully win win, and Irving would be stuck (like Westbrook) on a mediocre team.

If LBJ stays, Irving will never be able to get out of LBJ's shadow like he wants to, and chances are, the team is so strapped cash-wise, and so void of seriously high end talent after LBJ and himself, they likely won't win again.

So, I get it, honestly.

I think the teams rumored (including Minnesota) to be his favored destinations are a longshot, except for Miami and San Antonio. Those two seem plausible to me. New York won't part with Porzingis, and Cleveland wants more than Carmelo and a first rounder. And Minnesota -- the Wolves can't part with Teague until Dec. 15, since he was signed as a free agent, and there's no way they are parting with Wiggins. So, I think that's a nonstarter. As for Boston -- I don't see Cleveland wanting Thomas, and I don't think you pair Irving and Thomas in the backcourt. While Boston has the picks and young talent Cleveland might want, I just don't think they'd pull the trigger.

It'd be interesting if San Antonio offered Aldridge, a first rounder, and say Patty Mills. *I* wouldn't do that trade if I was Cleveland's GM, but I could see them wanting to get something. Miami doesn't have enough talent, IMO, to get Irving. Unless, of course, the Heat decide to just ante up their next couple of first round picks and Whiteside. But Whiteside has to be someone that Irving would want to play with, so that makes no sense.

Simply put, I think LBJ and Irving are GONE. The franchise knows it, and now other teams know it, and guys want out. Would not surprise me one iota of Dan Gilbert gave the OK on a complete fire sale with the eye on picks and young talent.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »
The Cavs know Irving is a goner, like most have suggested already... that's why they signed D-Rose for $2.1M to the IL...
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2017, 06:47:29 AM »
I don't blame Irving for wanting out of Cleveland. The team's management is a disaster and it's likely that LeBron jumps ship next summer.

In hindsight, letting David Griffin go might have been the beginning of the end. What an incredibly bad move by Dan Gilbert. By not giving Griffin that extra $3 or $4 million a year, the team's value is going to decrease by like 50% over the next couple of years because of star-player departures. :facepalm:
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
I don't blame Irving for wanting out of Cleveland. The team's management is a disaster and it's likely that LeBron jumps ship next summer.

In hindsight, letting David Griffin go might have been the beginning of the end. What an incredibly bad move by Dan Gilbert. By not giving Griffin that extra $3 or $4 million a year, the team's value is going to decrease by like 50% over the next couple of years because of star-player departures. :facepalm:

Yeah, not giving Griffin the autonomy and money he wanted was dumb. Apparently Gilbert underpays a lot of staff (according to the idiot that is Stephen A. Smith). So, I am not surprised. Cleveland is done. Lebron is going to leave, using Griffin, the drama with Irving, etc., as an excuse to leave. Irving will follow suit (whether as a FA, or through a trade). And all those bloated contracts on the roster is going to sink Cleveland once it happens.

If they are smart, they start shedding now. They are losing Lebron. Everyone knows it. So clean house and get the franchise under better fiscal terms.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2017, 07:24:04 PM »

Yeah, not giving Griffin the autonomy and money he wanted was dumb. Apparently Gilbert underpays a lot of staff (according to the idiot that is Stephen A. Smith). So, I am not surprised. Cleveland is done. Lebron is going to leave, using Griffin, the drama with Irving, etc., as an excuse to leave. Irving will follow suit (whether as a FA, or through a trade). And all those bloated contracts on the roster is going to sink Cleveland once it happens.

If they are smart, they start shedding now. They are losing Lebron. Everyone knows it. So clean house and get the franchise under better fiscal terms.

They are, or in particular, Gilbert is anything but smart ever since they got LBJ back.

By the way, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, one Kyrie trade rumor I heard involves Eric Bledsoe to the Cavs... why would anyone want Bledsoe? For one thing, he needs the ball to be effective, yet his D is iffy at best...
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2017, 07:15:15 AM »
If the Cavs traded for Bledsoe, my understanding is that they would also want Josh Jackson. So they get a second-rate version of Kyrie for the short term and a good prospect for the long term. However, I just read that the Suns are refusing to trade Jackson, so maybe this is all moot.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »
Yeah, Jackson is one of the best prospects in this draft class (if he can improve his shot) so it makes sense that the Suns don't want to part ways with him. Cleveland will have a hard time moving Kyrie since most teams won't be willing to trade their current players and CAP space all around the league is almost non-existent
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »
Apparently the Suns won't part with Jackson, so until they do, or the Cavs back down, I think that's dead in the water.

The Wolves, however, are seriously in play. They are willing to part with Wiggins to make this happen. Aside from being a hardcore Wolves fan, I'm really big on Wiggins. I think he can be the NBA's leading scorer at some point soon. I honestly don't want him leaving.

However, if you can get Kyrie Irving for Wiggins, a salary (Cole Aldrich) and a lottery protected pick, I think you do that. The problem is the lineup. The Wolves just signed Jeff Teague to play PG and he can't be traded before Dec. 15. Having a starting backcourt with two guys under 6'3"...hmm. I mean, the Pistons pulled it off back in the day, but you don't see it much now.

Personally, I would hold on to Wiggins because of this. Sure, Irving is a champion, and an All Star. But Wiggins' improvement each year and star ability is right there. Plus he's more versatile than Irving, because Wiggins can play SG or SF. And with Teague on the roster, I think you need Wiggins' versatility and length.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Thibs is really high on Wiggins. It would NOT surprise me if Thibs decided to offer the next two or three first round picks at Cleveland (if that is permitted by rules) and a salary (Aldrich) and see if he could simply add Irving for that. I doubt Cleveland would take that, however. But if they want to get younger, that's a way to do it.

Given the youth of the Wolves' roster, that would work for them. They don't have to worry too much about bringing in any more young guys. But again, I doubt Cleveland makes a trade with the Wolves like that. They'll probably demand Wiggins. If it was me, I wouldn't, but I could see Thibs doing it depending on how it is structured. The Wolves would need a swingman (SG/SF) too.

It'd be REALLY interesting if they decided to trade Irving AND Love to the Wolves for Wiggins, three first rounders, and Dieng (the latter would make the salary work, I believe). I think that trade is plausible, but not entirely sure either side would do it. Dieng is a lot better than people think.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
I'm curious to see how Irving does in a lead role. His regular season statistical profile paints a picture of someone who is slightly overrated offensively and a massive minus defensively. However, his playoff value is huge because of his ability to make tough shots and swing a series if he gets hot. I could see him relishing the new opportunity to become a top-ten player, but I could also see him becoming this generation's Allen Iverson, scoring lots of baskets but not impacting winning in a meaningful way.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »
I'm curious to see how Irving does in a lead role. His regular season statistical profile paints a picture of someone who is slightly overrated offensively and a massive minus defensively. However, his playoff value is huge because of his ability to make tough shots and swing a series if he gets hot. I could see him relishing the new opportunity to become a top-ten player, but I could also see him becoming this generation's Allen Iverson, scoring lots of baskets but not impacting winning in a meaningful way.

You're dead on here. Which is why I'm curious why the Wolves (who lack defense) are eyeing this. Teague is a better defender, which was one of the areas the team needed to improve on. If they can't significantly improve on D or from the perimeter, why entertain this move? Irving does not shoot better than Teague from 3, and he's a lesser defender.

Seems to me the smart play would be to stand pat.

The Knicks, on the other hand...I'd be interested to see if they'd nix all the Houston talk and re-engage with Cleveland. I could see something like Carmelo, the rookie point guard the Knicks just drafted, and the next two first round picks for Irving, and a bench guy if they needed it for salary considerations.

It would be a perfect fit for NY, who would then pair Irving with Porzingis and Hermangomez, giving them a young big 3 to build around, and give Cleveland Lebron, Carmelo, Love, and Rose, which, if Rose plays up to his potential and stays healthy (the big IF), that's pretty formidable.

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »
Fuckin disgusting. Though I feel bad for his son having to live in his shadow, I could easily deal with him being a bust if that's what it takes to make his dad fade into obscurity asap.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »
Oh, come on, Z-Bo, you have been a model citizen for such a long time down in Memphis, and now this?! I am very disappointed at you.  :'(

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20302443/zach-randolph-sacramento-kings-arrested-charges-marijuana-possession-intent-sell
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2017, 08:57:05 PM »
It is just a matter of time before we go all paperless.

I've been to a few events that went paperless. It felt weird (and somewhat unsecured) at first, but I can see the convenience side of things.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20306283/miami-heat-become-first-nba-team-mobile-only-entry
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Cable

« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »
It is just a matter of time before we go all paperless.

I've been to a few events that went paperless. It felt weird (and somewhat unsecured) at first, but I can see the convenience side of things.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20306283/miami-heat-become-first-nba-team-mobile-only-entry

I love paperless for most of life, traditional book reading an exception for a couple of reasons. I absolutely adore paperless tickets for events. I have always had weird anxiety of "did I remember the ticket(s)!?!? *checkes for the 6th time*. This is even sometimes with something like a parking garage ticket. So having a paperless ticket solves this issue for me completely. I still preload the ticket into the tickets/passbook or whatever, but I wouldn't have significant anxiety if I didn't. Because it's a simple going to my purchase, and a few taps and there it is.

Plus I'm a tree hugger, so there is that too.  ;D That said, for those that like to collect tickets/scrapbook, this sucks. It's nearly the equivalent of not being able to have physical media for music and etc.
---

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2017, 04:08:18 AM »
I love paperless for most of life, traditional book reading an exception for a couple of reasons. I absolutely adore paperless tickets for events. I have always had weird anxiety of "did I remember the ticket(s)!?!? *checkes for the 6th time*. This is even sometimes with something like a parking garage ticket. So having a paperless ticket solves this issue for me completely. I still preload the ticket into the tickets/passbook or whatever, but I wouldn't have significant anxiety if I didn't. Because it's a simple going to my purchase, and a few taps and there it is.

Plus I'm a tree hugger, so there is that too.  ;D That said, for those that like to collect tickets/scrapbook, this sucks. It's nearly the equivalent of not being able to have physical media for music and etc.

I agreed with you on most points above, but it does suck for me since I am a ticket collector. I have tickets of concerts, games and other events from as far back as the late 80's... that Animals As Leaders concert I attend this Feb was the first one I used a digital ticket. It was convenience, but I could no longer have a ticket to keep... oh well, guess that's something I have to accept in this digital age, huh?
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2017, 09:33:03 AM »
Anyone here play NBA on PS4 or other gaming systems?

I used to play NBA Live all the time, switched to NBA2k, and then bought NBA Live 2016. But, here we are, before the new season, and I am not sure if I should get Live 2018, or 2k18. Any thoughts from players on which series they prefer and why, generally?

I went with NBA Live 2016 last time, if I remember right, because I felt the marketing for 2k16's story mode was really stupid, and pointed at players who wanted to live to "the life" of an NBA player. That wasn't for me. I just wanted a fun, but realistic game and franchise mode.

But people seem to really gravitate to one game or another, so I was looking for some perspective.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
I haven't played Live in many years. The NBA 2K series has been generally good, in my opinion, so I think that's the safer bet. I personally felt as though they took a step back with 2K17, but it was still a fun game. If you can manage to hold off on buying it until it drops in price a bit, it's even more worth it.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2017, 11:27:07 AM »
I haven't played Live in many years. The NBA 2K series has been generally good, in my opinion, so I think that's the safer bet. I personally felt as though they took a step back with 2K17, but it was still a fun game. If you can manage to hold off on buying it until it drops in price a bit, it's even more worth it.

I played the NBA Live 18 Demo last night. Unfortunately, it requires you to do the one thing I am not interested in (which is why I bought NBA Live 2016 instead of 2k16 a couple years ago) - doing "the life/the one" story mode. At least the demo does. It's like the game is catering tot hose that want to do that.

I just want a realistic franchise mode. I am sure Live 2018 has it, but with the demo, I haven't unlocked it yet. These games though...to me, they are taking a bend to cater to much younger folks (20-somethings) which sorta sucks for old schoolers who just want to play with their favorite teams and lead them to championships.

And when will they do a historic game where they go back in time and add in all the old franchises? I am waiting for my expansion 89-90 T-Wovles!  :lol

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2017, 12:23:42 PM »
NBA 2K actually has some pretty good historical teams available. They don't have the 89-90 Wolves, but I believe they do have the 03-04 Wolves. They also have the Vince Carter Raptors, Kobe/Shaq Lakers, Steve Nash Suns, and other fun teams from the 2000s, which is the decade I grew up on.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2017, 03:45:13 PM »
Where's my 70s Bullets?!!!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »
Celts trade Isiah, Crowder, Zizic, and the Nets pick for Kyrie!!!
https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba
https://www.csnne.com/
 :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2017, 06:03:23 PM »
Celts trade Isiah, Crowder, Zizic, and the Nets pick for Kyrie!!!
https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba
https://www.csnne.com/
 :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

At first I was a little surprised, but IT4 is still recovering from a hip injury with no firm return time table. Plus, he will be a free agent next June. I guess Ainge wants to try to win NOW instead of investing another year to develop the young core. It is especially a welcome move for the C's to be able to dismantle the Cavs' big 3 in the process. The East will be more interesting to watch with this one move. In the end I think it is a win-win move for both teams.  :tup
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2017, 06:35:36 PM »
  I guess Ainge wants to try to win NOW instead of investing another year to develop the young core. 

If anything he extends the window.

The Celtics return only:

Marcus Smart
Al Horford
Terry Rozier
Jaylen Brown

Four players!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:43:45 PM by TAC »

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2017, 12:20:43 AM »
I'm surprised that Celtics were willing to trade IT4, after all he gave that franchise last season, especially when his sister died, and he still played his heart out to get them in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. IT4 did not want to be traded too! He was at a Patriots training camp, and was interviewed, and he seemed so excited to lace back up and bring Gordon Hayward into the fold.

Business over gratitude.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2017, 06:40:32 AM »
I'm surprised that Celtics were willing to trade IT4, after all he gave that franchise last season, especially when his sister died, and he still played his heart out to get them in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. IT4 did not want to be traded too! He was at a Patriots training camp, and was interviewed, and he seemed so excited to lace back up and bring Gordon Hayward into the fold.

Business over gratitude.

To those who wonder why players nowadays tend to go where they want and almost never stick around with just one franchise their entire careers... This is why. Front offices won't hesitate to trade you if they get a good offer, so you need to look out for yourself.

I think that this trade makes sense for both sides. I could see the upcoming season going a million different ways for Boston and Cleveland, but no matter what happens, I think that the thought process behind everything was sound.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »
I love, love, live IT.

They still needed to make this trade.  He's in his last year of his contract and Kyrie is almost 4 years younger with 2 years left.  No doubt the C's pay him super max contract.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2017, 08:24:01 AM »
I love, love, live IT.

They still needed to make this trade.  He's in his last year of his contract and Kyrie is almost 4 years younger with 2 years left.  No doubt the C's pay him super max contract.

I'm an NBA junkie, and I fully agree. That was my first thought when I heard it. IT is one of my favorite players, but truth be told, he's a liability at 5'9" on the defensive end. Kyrie is younger, just as able a scorer, with similar issues on defense, but he's at least of solid height and stature to avoid being taken advantage of by larger PGs. I hate to say that, because I'm vertically challenged myself  :lol  but IT is just at a plain disadvantage. And you don't pay a guy like that the max. You just don't.

So brilliant move by the hated Celtics. I grew up a Wolves and Knicks fan. I have no love of the Celtics, but I respect the hell out of them. Ainge pulled off a great deal...IF Kyrie re-signs. He should...but if this year doesn't go as planned, I could easily see Kyrie getting out of there and going to New York (where he's from) or some other destination. (Interestingly, he mentioned the Wolves as a preferred spot.)

Cleveland did the absolute right thing. If Lebron stays, you are good with him, IT, Love, and that first round draft pick (and I very much believe Wade will be bought out in Chicago and sign with Cleveland, giving the Cavs a hell of a starting five of IT, Wade, Lebron, Love, Thompson. If Lebron leaves, you still have Brooklyn's lottery pick to completely restart the franchise (and it is another good draft next year).

Win-win for both those teams. If this works out for Boston, they will be the team to beat the next six or seven years (assuming Kyrie re-signs). Big time move from Ainge.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »
I'm an NBA junkie

???  I thought you were a hot spot junkie.

It's a very interesting trade; that's for sure.  Great for Boston that they got Kyrie.  But I'm not sure what this does for them.  It's practically a brand new team.  No matter how much talent, I'm not sure how well such a new team can do right out of the gate.  I guess we'll see. 

Thomas should blossom even further with LeBron and Love to open things up for him. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:01:58 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »
I'm skeptical of whether a Wade signing would actually be good for Cleveland. I think that a closing lineup of IT / JR / Crowder / James / Thompson or Love would be better than anything with Wade because he can't shoot or defend.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2017, 09:39:35 AM »
Boston overpaid.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline T-ski

« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2017, 11:04:28 AM »
just read the Bucks may have offered Khris Middleton, Malcolm Brogdon and a 1st for Kyrie.  As a Bucks fan, I'm glad that didn't happen.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
just read the Bucks may have offered Khris Middleton, Malcolm Brogdon and a 1st for Kyrie.  As a Bucks fan, I'm glad that didn't happen.

THAT would have been overpaying. I pay a lot of attention to the Bucks, because I love the players on that team. If they are all healthy, I'd love to see what they can do. But there is some player overlap. Middleton and the Freak play the same position (SF) -- and no, I am not attempting to spell the Freak's name. Can Middleton play SG?

Jabari Parker is a SF, but is he big enough to play PF, so Freak can stay at the 3?

I mean a lineup like:

PG - Brogdon
SG - Middleton
SF - Greek Freak
PF - Parker
C - whoever - I personally would consider Monroe if he's tall enough (I didn't look), and didn't like how they made him a bench guy last year.

Is scary good.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline T-ski

« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
the Bucks like to refer to their players as "positionless".  Middleton can play the SG, SF or even PF at times.  Giannis can play SF, PF or C. Jabari can play SF and PF.  Brogdon can be PG or SG.

It'd be nice if they all could be healthy at the same time, hasn't happened in 2+ years.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2017, 02:00:26 PM »
Bucks are ridiculously dangerous. I know from past discussions (now that I think about it) that Monroe is thought to be better off the bench, but I like him as a starter. If that bench develops, and the Greek Freak continues to ascend, Milwaukee is going to shock a lot of people who haven't been paying attention. I fully expect them to go deep in the playoffs this year if they are healthy.

When is that new arena opening? Next season?

www.roadstomadness.com