Author Topic: Things That Shouldn't Piss You Off But Do Anyway Thread v.cockroach up the butt  (Read 28412 times)

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
I really try my hardest to give people the benefit of the doubt and to control my impatience on the road. I tend to be the nice guy that will let a person over or be courteous, and much of the time I'm good about it. However, there are days when impatience gets the better of me and I drive too close or get too frustrated or am just "that asshole." I usually regret it afterwards, but it's a bit late by then.

Sometimes it's better to bitch about it online because then I get out frustration when I'm not behind the wheel of a speeding flame beast of metal.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Because it's illegal Stadler and decent people don't do that. 

I get out of the way of those types of drivers because they are making a bad decision all ready which could lead to another bad decision.

If you're going over the speed limit, and I'm going over the speed limit, the "illegality" of it is ambiguous.  So then you go to the next level:  passing on the left, cruising on the right (this is the law in over half of states).   Given were both passing, that's ambiguous too (though some people's definition of "passing" is...   creative at best).   So then you go to the next level:  Slower traffic keep right.   If there's someone going faster than you - not your place to play "cop", "judge" or "jury" - move over.  It's very simple.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
- TV shows that overplay special interests or hipster conventions to make them seem more "cool" than they are.   I'll use two examples, Chinese food and homosexuality, as examples (but this is not at ALL a homophobic point; it's about the writers being out of touch).   My dad LOVES Chinese food. We would get it all the time.  When we do, we bring it home, dish it out on plates and eat it, usually with knives and forks.   Even in college, we would do likewise, or, on a rare occasion, eat it from the container with a knife and fork.  I literally have not ever seen someone in my immediate vicinity eat Chinese food out of the container with chop sticks.  YET.... every TV show has the characters all cool as shit at work, or in their incredibly clean, uncluttered, well-decorated apartments smoothly eating fried rice out of a white container with chopsticks, dropping none of it anywhere.   Friggin' ridiculous.     

The other is similar, but more serious:  I binged-watched "How To Get Away With A Murder" not long ago, and now I'm watching Sense8.   In both cases, the story is NOT focused on the gay community, but rather considers a randomly selected group of people in their early 20's (HTGAWAM) and in their mid- to late 20's (S8).    In such a population, you would imagine the demographics are representative.  In the case of HTGAWAM, it is; there are nine main characters, and they are roughly half male/female, there is one Asian (about right; 16% of the pop), one African American (about right; 13% of the pop), and yet... one of the main characters is gay, one of the others sleeps with him (so that's two, about five times the frequency in the general pop), BUT, another main character experiments with her lesbian-side (with her best friend), one other dabbles in the forbidden love, plus one OTHER loses her fiancé when it turns out that HE had a gay affair.  I haven't counted, but EASILY 80% of the love scenes are between the two gay main characters and the "experimenting" main character.   Sense8 is similar; it follows eight characters across the globe that are tied in a way that I haven't gotten to yet in the show.  There are half men, half women (check); one African American; one Asian; all check.   But two are gay (again, about five times the frequency in real life).   They have (so far) only introduced TWO significant others (you got it, the gay characters' partners) and of the three love scenes...  all gay.    Again, this isn't homophobia (one of the love scenes was as hot as you can possibly imagine, and the other, while I didn't think it "hot" per se, was about as well done a scene as you can do) but agenda.    Why the "revisionist history" (that's not what it is, but it describes what I'm going for)?   Is this supposed to send a message?   What's the point if the message is forced and feels fake?
Well, I would say that just because you don't know anyone who eats with chopsticks, doesn't mean that a shit ton of people out there don't either and Hollywood is faking it to push an agenda.  I currently live in Raleigh, NC, and there are more Asian restaurants here than you can shake a stick at, and almost everyone I know or see eats with chopsticks (I don't personally, I never quite got the hang of it, but still).  Hell, even when I lived in dinky little Mount Airy, many people there used chopsticks for Chinese or Japanese food.

I'm calling friendly, let's-have-a-laugh-over-beers, bullshit on that.  I've lived in Charlotte, a suburb of Charlotte, and a suburb of Atlanta, and there are FAR more people that say "wha the fuck with the wooden sticks?  Maryann, get me a goddamned fork, will you please!" than are hip-ly eating their tofu surprise out of a white container with a set of chopsticks.  HAHA.

(Again, I'm being more funny than argumentative).

As far as the gay/diverse race thing: in the entirety of the history of TV, shows have probably been 99% white and 99.9% straight (I am, of course, using the most up-to-date statistics), so if one or two shows somehow swing over the demographic benchmark, straight white people still have a sizable lead.  I don't see a problem there.  Now, if EVERY show did that, then I may start to agree with you, but I don't see that happening (yet).

None of which invalidates your feelings, of course.

It is being more and more popular, though.  I don't mean to bag on Sense8 - because it's a good show, and if you know the backstory, it makes sense - but we're 10 episodes in.   TWICE now one of the main characters has gone in for a kiss with his shapely and comely costar, only for it to be thwarted and turned into a mocking of that character, and in another scene, the woman in that exchange was told that "her kind of love was 'pathological' and 'narcissistic".   Meanwhile, there have been two love scenes - it's Netflix, so they show penis AND vag though not sexually and certainly no penetration - with the gay character (one frivolous and one integral to the plot) and no less than FOUR - including one where they showed a closeup of the strapon dildo with lube dripping to the floor - with the other gay couple (and coincidence of coincidences, one of the "women" is transsexual).   

It's a message.  And that's fine, I'm all for messages, and I'm CERTAINLY more than fine - actually happy - about a show that shows gay relationships as something more than a caricature and something to be gawked at - but when the message defies reality, it becomes heavy handed and preachy.  And there's a LOT of "heavy handed" and "preachy" in Hollywood these days. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
All I ask is for time to move over. Not bully me over   me going 75 in a 65 isn't crazy where as 90 flying up my ass and not giving me a chance to move over is what pisses me off.

I'll always move over just don't be a dick about it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

The other is similar, but more serious:  I binged-watched "How To Get Away With A Murder" not long ago, and now I'm watching Sense8.   In both cases, the story is NOT focused on the gay community, but rather considers a randomly selected group of people in their early 20's (HTGAWAM) and in their mid- to late 20's (S8).    In such a population, you would imagine the demographics are representative.  In the case of HTGAWAM, it is; there are nine main characters, and they are roughly half male/female, there is one Asian (about right; 16% of the pop), one African American (about right; 13% of the pop), and yet... one of the main characters is gay, one of the others sleeps with him (so that's two, about five times the frequency in the general pop), BUT, another main character experiments with her lesbian-side (with her best friend), one other dabbles in the forbidden love, plus one OTHER loses her fiancé when it turns out that HE had a gay affair.  I haven't counted, but EASILY 80% of the love scenes are between the two gay main characters and the "experimenting" main character.   Sense8 is similar; it follows eight characters across the globe that are tied in a way that I haven't gotten to yet in the show.  There are half men, half women (check); one African American; one Asian; all check.   But two are gay (again, about five times the frequency in real life).   They have (so far) only introduced TWO significant others (you got it, the gay characters' partners) and of the three love scenes...  all gay.    Again, this isn't homophobia (one of the love scenes was as hot as you can possibly imagine, and the other, while I didn't think it "hot" per se, was about as well done a scene as you can do) but agenda.    Why the "revisionist history" (that's not what it is, but it describes what I'm going for)?   Is this supposed to send a message?   What's the point if the message is forced and feels fake?

Don't watch Six Feet Under, then.  Two of the seven main characters are gay (and a third experiments with her gay side briefly at one point).  Sounds like you'd hate it. :P

Well, I'm not the hugest fan of Alan Ball, so it was middling to me.  That I thought was different, though, since it was a family-driven melodrama and I think an integral part of the story.  I got it there, and it was done in concert with the story (at times, it WAS the story).  I'm talking about a more generous, reductive reshaping of modern demographics.   Not EVERYONE is a homosexual waiting to break out of their shell.   Not EVERYONE would "love it" if they just "tried it once!" which is the message some of these are trying to shill. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
All I ask is for time to move over. Not bully me over   me going 75 in a 65 isn't crazy where as 90 flying up my ass and not giving me a chance to move over is what pisses me off.

I'll always move over just don't be a dick about it.

But - despite some people assuming I'm some raging out of control asshole on the road - that's not at all what I'm asking for.  I'm asking for the opposite:  if I give you time, if I come up on you reasonably, and politely and respectfully ask if you could move over, please don't brake check, then drive slow for 10 miles parallel to the car next to you, and flip me the bird in the rearview and then again when I pass you on the right.   NEITHER of us own the road, and we have to find a way to coexist.  if you peaceably let me pass, we can BOTH drive the way we want to drive.   

Having said that, I have probably flicked my lights twice in 2017; I don't even do it anymore because it's an invitation for vitriol. 

The assholes are CLEARLY not the people who - like me - are prone to a little speed.   I drive a LOT.  I had reason to drive about 1200 miles this past week (Hartford to Philly and back, then Hartford to Rochester and back) and more often than not I just sat in the RIGHT lane, and passed, comfortably, all the assholes sitting in the left lane like they owned it, a line of idiot cars all trailing some douche going 60 and talking on their cellphone.  I had my cruise set on 80 the entire time (and I'll note, on the Rochester ride, I passed easily five speed traps and they didn't even look twice at me.  Right hand lane, going a steady, safe speed). 

I guarantee - GUARANTEE - you that if you came across me on the highways anytime recently you did not leave the experience thinking "that fucking lunatic needs to cool his jets".  I have a family - four kids and a grandkid - I have to get home to every day.   What I don't have time for is some asswipe with a small cock asserting their "manhood" by pretending their sitting in the left lane and making me go around on the right is "safe, legal driving" and somehow going to make the roads a better experience.   It's not. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Zook is my new hero.

Except Zook is dead wrong.    Up to the speed at which the road was designed (which, with our interstates, is somewhere in the 90 range, with safety factors), speed DIFFERENTIAL is a far more important metric than "speed".  In the scenario he described, he is clearly, factually and unassailably the danger variable in the equation.  You can (if you're so inclined) look it up.  There are numerous resources that document this (one excellent one is called "Traffic"). 

Offline Snow Dog

I'm a fast driver, or at least faster than most here in Oregon. As such, I pass a lot of people on the road. I do, however, try to stay patient if someone is in the left lane going slower than I am, but they need to be passing someone. If you're just camped in the left lane going the same speed as the person next to you, you need to move. But with this in mind, I won't flash my lights, and I *never* tailgate people. It annoys the shit out of me more than anything if someone does it to me, so I refuse to do it to anyone else. Plus it's dangerous as all hell.

If someone does scream up behind me as I'm already doing 10-15 (or more) over the limit and I'm passing a long line of cars, they can wait. I'll move over at my earliest and safest opportunity. Until then, they can manage to wait the 30-60 seconds it takes me to pass the people I'm driving by. And I won't brake check people either. I used to, but that's just as dangerous and dumb as tailgating in the first place.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
See, THAT (three posts ago because I've been ninja'd twice now) is reasonable.  Some of your other posts (as well as the last time this issue came up) were not.  You were quite clearly stating that, even if the person in front of you WAS going over the speed limit, and WAS passing other cars, they should still slow down to merge with the slower traffic and get out of your way so that you do the speed you want to.

THAT is what may of us are saying was unreasonable.

I'm a fast driver, or at least faster than most here in Oregon. As such, I pass a lot of people on the road. I do, however, try to stay patient if someone is in the left lane going slower than I am, but they need to be passing someone. If you're just camped in the left lane going the same speed as the person next to you, you need to move. But with this in mind, I won't flash my lights, and I *never* tailgate people. It annoys the shit out of me more than anything if someone does it to me, so I refuse to do it to anyone else. Plus it's dangerous as all hell.

If someone does scream up behind me as I'm already doing 10-15 (or more) over the limit and I'm passing a long line of cars, they can wait. I'll move over at my earliest and safest opportunity. Until then, they can manage to wait the 30-60 seconds it takes me to pass the people I'm driving by. And I won't brake check people either. I used to, but that's just as dangerous and dumb as tailgating in the first place.

This guy gets it.

Zook is my new hero.

Except Zook is dead wrong.    Up to the speed at which the road was designed (which, with our interstates, is somewhere in the 90 range, with safety factors), speed DIFFERENTIAL is a far more important metric than "speed".  In the scenario he described, he is clearly, factually and unassailably the danger variable in the equation.  You can (if you're so inclined) look it up.  There are numerous resources that document this (one excellent one is called "Traffic"). 

You're right... you - who wants to drive 20+ mph over the limit and be the fastest vehicle on the road - clearly aren't the problem
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Those same people flashing their lights when I'm already speeding in the left lane.  All of you can eat all of me, impatient driver.
This one bothers me too. If I'm going 80-85 in a 65 and I'm still getting tailgated, I don't know what they want me to do! I'm the one that's going to get pulled over. I just get over a lane and let them pass and usually will get back in the lane once they pass.

But what's wrong with that?  If I'm the guy coming up behind you - and sometimes I am - that's all I'm asking.  Move over, for the 12 seconds it takes me to pass you and go back to what you were doing.  It's the rules of the road.  It's common courtesy.  It's safe driving.    What is so hard about that? 

No, safe driving is not driving 20 miles over the speed limit, and flashing your lights at a guy going 5-10 miles over the speed limit. You want to drive recklessly, drive around me, asshole. I'm not moving.

This. Absolutely this.

No offense, Stadler, but you very much seem like that guy when it comes to driving, ya know the guy who pisses everyone off on the road because he thinks he owns the road and that everyone should adjust their driving to what he wants to do (as if everyone is a mind reader and knows what every other driver is thinking).

Fortunately, I am a very non-aggressive driver, so I would likely just get out of the way of some nut job behind me wanting to go 90 in the fast lane, but I get why some would take the "f that guy" attitude with someone who rides up on their ass and flashes their blinkers at them to try to get them to move out of the way (which is a dick move).

As I've said above, "not this", because Zook is wrong.  Not "my opinion" wrong, but factually wrong.  At those speeds, both cars are equally dangerous (and they're not).  It's the speed differential that is a more important factor.

And no, I try very hard not to be "that guy".  Not to say it NEVER happens, but I usually have wife and one or more kids in the car, and I drive with their lives in mind.   And I've said too many times to count now (funny how that doesn't get read) that I'm not talking about the response to the dicks who drive like they own the road.  We're not even at that point yet.   

I threatened once before to take video of what I'm talking about (and I couldn't figure out how to get the video uploaded).  I'm talking about the driver who is going 65, isn't passing a single soul (in fact, is likely getting passed on the right) and is yapping away on their phone, or off in dreamland, and when you do drive behind them - be it 2, 3, or 4 car lengths, whatever you feel is safe - and 'flicks the lights', it's treated as if you just tried to tell them to "Go fuck your mother".   In my experience, there are far more inconsiderate drivers at 60 sitting in the left lane like they own it than there are "90-mph assholes looking to own the road".  I have just as little patience with those drivers as I do the one's I'm talking about.  I'm asking for a more peaceable, harmonious experience for EVERYONE not just me. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm talking about the driver who is going 65, isn't passing a single soul (in fact, is likely getting passed on the right) and is yapping away on their phone, or off in dreamland, and when you do drive behind them - be it 2, 3, or 4 car lengths, whatever you feel is safe - and 'flicks the lights', it's treated as if you just tried to tell them to "Go fuck your mother".   In my experience, there are far more inconsiderate drivers at 60 sitting in the left lane like they own it than there are "90-mph assholes looking to own the road".  I have just as little patience with those drivers as I do the one's I'm talking about.  I'm asking for a more peaceable, harmonious experience for EVERYONE not just me. 

Again... THIS is reasonable.  I get annoyed at those kinds of drivers as well.  However, you've painted scenario's where the driver in front of you is doing 75-80, regularly passing slower drivers, but because YOU want to do 90, they should slow down, merge, and allow you to pass.  THIS is what most of us are debating with you about.

I should've listened to my own advice earlier.  :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
See, THAT (three posts ago because I've been ninja'd twice now) is reasonable.  Some of your other posts (as well as the last time this issue came up) were not.  You were quite clearly stating that, even if the person in front of you WAS going over the speed limit, and WAS passing other cars, they should still slow down to merge with the slower traffic and get out of your way so that you do the speed you want to.

THAT is what may of us are saying was unreasonable.

Well, at some point they DO have to move over.   It's all a matter of relativity.   They can't camp in the left lane any more than I can.  I'm not the 90mph guy - I don't want to pay the insurance for a speeding ticket - but we ALL - me included - need to move over and drive more to the right as a general proposition.  If you're in the left lane for more than a couple miles, you're doing it wrong (well, traffic plays into that, so that's not entirely fair, but still).   I also DO NOT tailgate.  People are NUTS; I am not going to end up in a ditch because some asshole wants to brake check me.   

All this is largely ideological and for purposes of this discussion. 

This guy gets it.[/quote]

And he and I are in almost full agreement.    Please stop taking my position to the extreme.   I'm RESPINDING to extreme positions ("Fuck you, asshole, you can wait till I'm good and ready to move over" is an extreme position) but mine is not itself an extreme position. 

Zook is my new hero.

You're right... you - who wants to drive 20+ mph over the limit and be the fastest vehicle on the road - clearly aren't the problem

Uh, the sarcasm is really lame and unproductive, sport, unless you know and are clearly articulating my position, and you're not.  Not even close.   I have no desire to be "the fastest vehicle on the road" and am more often than not not even close.   What I'm asking is for ALL drivers, me included to get their heads out of their asses and stop viewing driving on the highway as some dick measuring contest.  You're not "teaching me a lesson" by slowing down when I ask to pass.  You're not "being safe" when you're busy giving someone the finger in the rearview mirror because they want to pass you.    You're being a dick.   ALL of us have to respect the drivers around us.    Not just the ones that drive like we do. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm talking about the driver who is going 65, isn't passing a single soul (in fact, is likely getting passed on the right) and is yapping away on their phone, or off in dreamland, and when you do drive behind them - be it 2, 3, or 4 car lengths, whatever you feel is safe - and 'flicks the lights', it's treated as if you just tried to tell them to "Go fuck your mother".   In my experience, there are far more inconsiderate drivers at 60 sitting in the left lane like they own it than there are "90-mph assholes looking to own the road".  I have just as little patience with those drivers as I do the one's I'm talking about.  I'm asking for a more peaceable, harmonious experience for EVERYONE not just me. 

Again... THIS is reasonable.  I get annoyed at those kinds of drivers as well.  However, you've painted scenario's where the driver in front of you is doing 75-80, regularly passing slower drivers, but because YOU want to do 90, they should slow down, merge, and allow you to pass.  THIS is what most of us are debating with you about.

I should've listened to my own advice earlier.  :lol

If you can quote me saying that, then one for you, you win, but I don't recall saying that.  In that scenario, you pass everyone together, and once both of you - BOTH OF YOU - can move back over, you do so.  NEITHER car in that scenario should remain in the left lane.  Perhaps I was trying to paint the picture of a "hierarchy" and refute the (false) idea that "just because I'm going over the speed limit myself, I don't have to be courteous or considerate to others on the road".    This isn't "Fast and Furious", and nor should it be. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Like I said it's not that somebody wants to pass me in the fast lane that is upsetting.  I'm reasonable and will always move over. My issue is someone who rides up my butt when I'm not going to speed up any faster than I am to move over. I will move over for them in a safe manner.

It's the bullying that pisses me off.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BeardedGentlemanHistorian

People who share everything on social media. Having to see your 60 something aunt post about "Fifty Shades of Gray" is just wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
People who share everything on social media. Having to see your 60 something aunt post about "Fifty Shades of Gray" is just wrong.

Haha, so true.

Anyone who posts too much about politics and/or religion always gets the defriend/unfollow from me on FB or twitter (except family members :lol).

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
If you can quote me saying that, then one for you, you win, but I don't recall saying that.

I've got better things to do that to go and scrub whatever old thread this was originally hashed out.  I don't recall what you specifically mentioned, but it was along the lines that your speed is more important than anyone else who doesn't want to drive as fast as you.

Uh, the sarcasm is really lame and unproductive, sport,

So is the condescension .... sport.  I was trying (twice) to cut you some slack, and you promptly tightened it right the fuck up.

As I said, I should've listened to my own advice.  There's an old saying... 'you can be right, or you can have peace'.  At this point, I chose peace.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Haha, so true.

Anyone who posts too much about politics and/or religion always gets the defriend/unfollow from me on FB or twitter (except family members :lol).

Lucky for me I only post funny pictures on politics. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
In my scenario you have asshole reckless driver going 80 in a 55 while I'm going 65. 2 lanes, just me and Dick head and some schmuck far enough back not to matter. Why the fuck isn't cock stain going around me? If I'm already going over the speed limit and you're flashing your bright's, you can fuck off. I'm in the fast lane driving over the limit. I don't need to move. You need to slow the fuck down.

Offline Snow Dog

In my scenario you have asshole reckless driver going 80 in a 55 while I'm going 65. 2 lanes, just me and Dick head and some schmuck far enough back not to matter. Why the fuck isn't cock stain going around me? If I'm already going over the speed limit and you're flashing your bright's, you can fuck off. I'm in the fast lane driving over the limit. I don't need to move. You need to slow the fuck down.

While I agree that the person doing 25 over the limit and riding your ass is a dick and in the wrong, I don't think that this approach is the best either. If you're in the passing lane, and passing nobody, and there's space to move over as you alluded to with the "schmuck far enough back not to matter," then you're the one that should move. Several states have laws saying that you need to move to the right if you're impeding someone from driving how they want, or YOU will be the one to get the ticket. What's the big deal in letting him pass? Let the police pull him over for speeding down the road and you can laugh at him and feel vindicated then. Let the police do the policing. Otherwise, it's just a dangerous situation brewing where two stubborn people refuse to adjust what they're doing, as they both insist they're the ones to be adjusted to. No one wins in that scenario.

But if you are actually passing folks and Mr. Impatient is still riding your ass, then yeah, he can go to hell and snack on a bag of dicks along the way.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
He can snack on the bag of dicks anyway, AFAIC.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Threads that are supposed to be a bit of fun but turn into pages of back and forth pedantic arguing for no real reason.

Unrelated, of course.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
My boy cat Harry at my feet when I walk through the door and he soesnt move.  I love the guy but ive got to drop my stuff off first before i feed him.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
When my owner comes home and I'm starving, but he feels the need take his shoes off, take a dump, grab a beer. Did I mention I'm STARVING!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
You're always hungry Harry.  You bully your sister for her food.  You will wait.

Also, tell Tim I dump in the morning since you know that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Yeah but then you get to leave for the day while the house smells like shit. So we're not only starving, but we can't fucking breath either!.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
I'm from California, where if a pedestrian is standing on a sidewalk waiting to cross a street and a car is approaching, the pedestrian waits for the car to pass, then crosses. Which makes complete sense; it'd take the car longer to brake, stop, let the pedestrian pass, then continue.

I live in Vancouver now, and drivers here stop, let the pedestrian pass, and then continue themselves. And it drives me nuts because it takes longer for both of us, and some pedestrians will just cross the street with an oncoming car, assuming they'll slow down, which is fucking stupid to do, because here it rains like hell year-round, and if the driver doesn't notice, they'll skid right into you if they try to brake quickly for your dumb, presumptive ass.

So now, every time I prepare to jaywalk, and a car is oncoming, I have to wait an extra five seconds for the fucker to slow down enough to get the signal that I can continue without being bowled over, when it'd be easier for the dude to just keep driving and save himself the gas, and me the time.

But instead, I politely smile, and wave a thank you, welcoming the discontent

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
People who use exact change and take forever to count it out or it's not easily accessible. I'm a manager at my family's grocery store. We're small store, but usually have close to 2000 customers a day. We only have two register lanes and constantly back up. Usually we move through pretty quick but sometimes you'll get the person (usually old) who wants to use exact change, but it's not easily accessed and they dump the change and it takes forever. It shouldn't make me mad, but it holds me up and others. Just take the change, and move along.

Also, we don't have the chip reader. When someone over 70 asks me "You don't have the chip yet?"
Shut up, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Again, shouldn't make me mad--but it does
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
One thing that has always drove me nuts is when getting change from a cash purchase most cashiers will give you cash > reciept > coins on top.

Drives me nuts.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Not at our store. That's one of the things that drives my dad up the wall and militantly enforces it. Most cashiers don't care, but it makes life so much easier for people.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
One thing that has always drove me nuts is when getting change from a cash purchase most cashiers will give you cash > reciept > coins on top.

Drives me nuts.

Yes.  That drives me nuts.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:17:50 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Yeah but then you get to leave for the day while the house smells like shit. So we're not only starving, but we can't fucking breath either!.

https://youtu.be/zlxX0hCIDw8

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns