Author Topic: Things That Shouldn't Piss You Off But Do Anyway Thread v.cockroach up the butt  (Read 28409 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Holy. Shit.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I KNEW HOW THE F-ING KEYS WORKED WHEN I WAS 7 YEARS OLD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Fully grown adults who have been in corporate america for decades and still type with two fingers.

I have witnessed the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company not only type with two fingers, but also:

1) use caps lock instead of the shift key for capitals, and

2) realize after writing an entire letter that he had a typo half way up...so he deleted the entire letter back to that point, corrected the typo, and retyped it all, because he didn't understand how a mouse, or even the fucking arrow keys and cursor, work.

Thsts what you bitches are for.

I wish I had bitches to type for me. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Fully grown adults who have been in corporate america for decades and still type with two fingers.

I have witnessed the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company not only type with two fingers, but also:

1) use caps lock instead of the shift key for capitals, and

2) realize after writing an entire letter that he had a typo half way up...so he deleted the entire letter back to that point, corrected the typo, and retyped it all, because he didn't understand how a mouse, or even the fucking arrow keys and cursor, work.

Thsts what you bitches are for.

I wish I had bitches to type for me. :lol

Okay, now I know you're doing it deliberately, King.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Yeah, what are administrative assistants for?  If everyone knew how to type, we wouldn't need them.  :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I have a tendency to, if I find something so obviously misplaced in a grocery store, to just grab it and put it back when I am in that aisle. But yea, super annoying.

I feel like we're not allowed to talk about leaving carts in the parking lot, but that.

My wife yells at me for doing that (putting stuff back). Thinks I'm nuts. 

99% of the time, I take the cart back or put it in one of the bins that places like Wal-Mart are handily co-opting parking spaces for. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
A strong wind blew a rogue shopping cart into the front of my wife's van, leaving an obvious mark on the front bumper.  Because someone left it sitting where it didn't belong.  Even doing as b1 suggests and putting the wheels on the curb, instead of walking it to a corral smacks of "my time is more important than to walk this cart to a corral, so ima just leave it here instead".  Not you personally, b1, but I suppose to me it just seems incredibly lazy and lazy irritates me.

Not to challenge you or piss you off, but that's exactly how I view the dude in the left hand lane that won't let me by, I don't care HOW fast they are going.   I'm not at all suggesting that left-lane driver needs to endanger their lives to move to the right lane, but 80% of the time, that's not the case.

I drove to Philly from northern Connecticut (4 hours each way) on Friday (see the Gene Simmons solo thread!!  Coz you got a mention!) and then to Rochester from northern Connecticut (4 and a half hours each way) on Sunday/Monday, and I got four middle fingers.  ALL FOUR were from douchebags sitting in the left lane, passing NO ONE, with open lane on the right (I got all four fingers as I passed them on the right) and with no one in front of them.  They absolutely, 100%, without question, debate or conscious decision could have and should have moved over into the middle lane and let me by.  AND they had the nerve, gumption and gall to make ME the bad guy.   One was just wholly unprovoked, two were (presumably) because I flicked my lights at them* and one, I'll cop to probably coming up on them a little fast (and that one was funny, because it was an older couple in an Audi TT convertible; the guy flipped me the bird, but the blonde in the front seat was waving her arms at me like she was on a roller coaster at Six Flags; you'd a thought I shit in her back seat).

* Since when did that become an insult?  It's a perfectly legit use of the headlights to communicate between reasonable adult drivers.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
The shopping cart thing is completely inexcusable, especially when the lazy piece of shit puts it behind someone's car. Haven't seen that since Phoenix though. Still plenty of laziness here in Maricopa though.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, what are administrative assistants for?  If everyone knew how to type, we wouldn't need them.  :rollin

Dude, everyone knows executive assistants are for getting you coffee and keeping track of birthdays/anniversaries/milestones so you don't confuse presents for your mistress and your wife.   Can't have them finding out about each other.   Geez.  It's like you never had an executive assistant before.  :) 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
A strong wind blew a rogue shopping cart into the front of my wife's van, leaving an obvious mark on the front bumper.  Because someone left it sitting where it didn't belong.  Even doing as b1 suggests and putting the wheels on the curb, instead of walking it to a corral smacks of "my time is more important than to walk this cart to a corral, so ima just leave it here instead".  Not you personally, b1, but I suppose to me it just seems incredibly lazy and lazy irritates me.

Not to challenge you or piss you off, but that's exactly how I view the dude in the left hand lane that won't let me by, I don't care HOW fast they are going.   I'm not at all suggesting that left-lane driver needs to endanger their lives to move to the right lane, but 80% of the time, that's not the case.

I drove to Philly from northern Connecticut (4 hours each way) on Friday (see the Gene Simmons solo thread!!  Coz you got a mention!) and then to Rochester from northern Connecticut (4 and a half hours each way) on Sunday/Monday, and I got four middle fingers.  ALL FOUR were from douchebags sitting in the left lane, passing NO ONE, with open lane on the right (I got all four fingers as I passed them on the right) and with no one in front of them.  They absolutely, 100%, without question, debate or conscious decision could have and should have moved over into the middle lane and let me by.  AND they had the nerve, gumption and gall to make ME the bad guy.   One was just wholly unprovoked, two were (presumably) because I flicked my lights at them* and one, I'll cop to probably coming up on them a little fast (and that one was funny, because it was an older couple in an Audi TT convertible; the guy flipped me the bird, but the blonde in the front seat was waving her arms at me like she was on a roller coaster at Six Flags; you'd a thought I shit in her back seat).

* Since when did that become an insult?  It's a perfectly legit use of the headlights to communicate between reasonable adult drivers.

People who think that the left lane affords some sort of magical right to drive at whatever speed you like, because "passing".
People.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
We got our four interns for the summer on Monday. I have to onboard them for a few things. I tell them yesterday "throw some time on my calendar tomorrow anytime between 9:00 and 2:00". Fuckers schedule the meeting for 3:45 (a Friday). Little shits have a lot to learn about the corporate world. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
3:45 on a Friday??

FIRE THEM ALL NOW.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Two more, one benign, one liable to cause controversy (but I ask you to hear me out):

- People who, if you accidentally bump into them and say "Sorry", respond with a sarcastic "Sor-RREEE!" as if it is an insult.  What happened to common courtesy? I say "I'm sorry" a lot in public, and more often than not, it's taken sarcastically and the person acts offended.   I don't THINK I have a sarcastic manner, at least I've never been told that by people that care for me, but still...

- TV shows that overplay special interests or hipster conventions to make them seem more "cool" than they are.   I'll use two examples, Chinese food and homosexuality, as examples (but this is not at ALL a homophobic point; it's about the writers being out of touch).   My dad LOVES Chinese food. We would get it all the time.  When we do, we bring it home, dish it out on plates and eat it, usually with knives and forks.   Even in college, we would do likewise, or, on a rare occasion, eat it from the container with a knife and fork.  I literally have not ever seen someone in my immediate vicinity eat Chinese food out of the container with chop sticks.  YET.... every TV show has the characters all cool as shit at work, or in their incredibly clean, uncluttered, well-decorated apartments smoothly eating fried rice out of a white container with chopsticks, dropping none of it anywhere.   Friggin' ridiculous.     

The other is similar, but more serious:  I binged-watched "How To Get Away With A Murder" not long ago, and now I'm watching Sense8.   In both cases, the story is NOT focused on the gay community, but rather considers a randomly selected group of people in their early 20's (HTGAWAM) and in their mid- to late 20's (S8).    In such a population, you would imagine the demographics are representative.  In the case of HTGAWAM, it is; there are nine main characters, and they are roughly half male/female, there is one Asian (about right; 16% of the pop), one African American (about right; 13% of the pop), and yet... one of the main characters is gay, one of the others sleeps with him (so that's two, about five times the frequency in the general pop), BUT, another main character experiments with her lesbian-side (with her best friend), one other dabbles in the forbidden love, plus one OTHER loses her fiancé when it turns out that HE had a gay affair.  I haven't counted, but EASILY 80% of the love scenes are between the two gay main characters and the "experimenting" main character.   Sense8 is similar; it follows eight characters across the globe that are tied in a way that I haven't gotten to yet in the show.  There are half men, half women (check); one African American; one Asian; all check.   But two are gay (again, about five times the frequency in real life).   They have (so far) only introduced TWO significant others (you got it, the gay characters' partners) and of the three love scenes...  all gay.    Again, this isn't homophobia (one of the love scenes was as hot as you can possibly imagine, and the other, while I didn't think it "hot" per se, was about as well done a scene as you can do) but agenda.    Why the "revisionist history" (that's not what it is, but it describes what I'm going for)?   Is this supposed to send a message?   What's the point if the message is forced and feels fake?   

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
- TV shows that overplay special interests or hipster conventions to make them seem more "cool" than they are.   I'll use two examples, Chinese food and homosexuality, as examples (but this is not at ALL a homophobic point; it's about the writers being out of touch).   My dad LOVES Chinese food. We would get it all the time.  When we do, we bring it home, dish it out on plates and eat it, usually with knives and forks.   Even in college, we would do likewise, or, on a rare occasion, eat it from the container with a knife and fork.  I literally have not ever seen someone in my immediate vicinity eat Chinese food out of the container with chop sticks.  YET.... every TV show has the characters all cool as shit at work, or in their incredibly clean, uncluttered, well-decorated apartments smoothly eating fried rice out of a white container with chopsticks, dropping none of it anywhere.   Friggin' ridiculous.     

Going to piggyback this one.... chopsticks in general if you live anywhere where they aren't a main utensil. I have friends that eat their Chinese food with chopsticks (even if it's out of a container and on a plate). One of them even uses them for other food like salad and pasta because he "loves the ergonomics of the sticks" and says they don't make food taste like metal. The fork is superior in everyway. You've brainwashed yourself if you think otherwise.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
@stadler

I think it's more to do with - if every possible minority and community isn't represented - they risk abusive mail.

I also think that's why Ghostbusters 2016 got mostly good reviews. The magazines and sites  just couldn't be bothered dealing with angry feminists if they dared diss it.

One of my favourite movie critics gave Ghostbusters 2016 a good review and he's a renowned feminist.

He started the review citing the " sexist backlash ". No Sorry Mark. That's exactly what they want. It was put out there by the cast and movie studio themselves.

They slapped together a movie to thrive on publicity and fake outrage instead of making a good movie or brand new IP - which they knew wouldn't have anywhere near as much exposure.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Those same people flashing their lights when I'm already speeding in the left lane.  All of you can eat all of me, impatient driver.
This one bothers me too. If I'm going 80-85 in a 65 and I'm still getting tailgated, I don't know what they want me to do! I'm the one that's going to get pulled over. I just get over a lane and let them pass and usually will get back in the lane once they pass.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
@stadler

I think it's more to do with - if every possible minority and community isn't represented - they risk abusive mail.

I also think that's why Ghostbusters 2016 got mostly good reviews. The magazines and sites  just couldn't be bothered dealing with angry feminists if they dared diss it.

One of my favourite movie critics gave Ghostbusters 2016 a good review and he's a renowned feminist.

He started the review citing the " sexist backlash ". No Sorry Mark. That's exactly what they want. It was put out there by the cast and movie studio themselves.

They slapped together a movie to thrive on publicity and fake outrage instead of making a good movie or brand new IP - which they knew wouldn't have anywhere near as much exposure.

or

They liked the movie.  :justjen
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Those same people flashing their lights when I'm already speeding in the left lane.  All of you can eat all of me, impatient driver.
This one bothers me too. If I'm going 80-85 in a 65 and I'm still getting tailgated, I don't know what they want me to do! I'm the one that's going to get pulled over. I just get over a lane and let them pass and usually will get back in the lane once they pass.

But what's wrong with that?  If I'm the guy coming up behind you - and sometimes I am - that's all I'm asking.  Move over, for the 12 seconds it takes me to pass you and go back to what you were doing.  It's the rules of the road.  It's common courtesy.  It's safe driving.    What is so hard about that? 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Because it's illegal Stadler and decent people don't do that. 

I get out of the way of those types of drivers because they are making a bad decision all ready which could lead to another bad decision.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
But what's wrong with that?  If I'm the guy coming up behind you - and sometimes I am - that's all I'm asking.  Move over, for the 12 seconds it takes me to pass you and go back to what you were doing.  It's the rules of the road.  It's common courtesy.  It's safe driving.    What is so hard about that? 

If it takes you 12 seconds to pass me, I'm going to definitely be pissed off at you. :lol
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
People who think that the left lane affords some sort of magical right to drive at whatever speed you like, because "passing".

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
It's the rules of the road.  It's common courtesy.  It's safe driving.    What is so hard about that? 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Oh gawd, let's not debate the whole left lane thing again with Stadler... there was what?  A whole thread, or at least 2-3 pages in some other thread about it. 

On the shopping cart thing, I'm with everyone not named Bosk here.  The other thing that infuriates me is when people return it to the coral, but just zip it in there without properly lining it up.  Then, magically, the coral which could probably hold 50-60 carts, now only holds a dozen.  That's just as bad as not returning it at all imo.

Costco shoppers.  Good lord, the parking lot is so fucking huge, pull out your membership card BEFORE you get to the door.  Oh, and when you stop to get your fucking samples, or peruse what's on the shelves, don't stop directly adjacent to the other two someone's who have already stopped, blocking the entire lane.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
People that take up a whole shopping isle and give you a dirty look when you ask if you can pass by.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

The other is similar, but more serious:  I binged-watched "How To Get Away With A Murder" not long ago, and now I'm watching Sense8.   In both cases, the story is NOT focused on the gay community, but rather considers a randomly selected group of people in their early 20's (HTGAWAM) and in their mid- to late 20's (S8).    In such a population, you would imagine the demographics are representative.  In the case of HTGAWAM, it is; there are nine main characters, and they are roughly half male/female, there is one Asian (about right; 16% of the pop), one African American (about right; 13% of the pop), and yet... one of the main characters is gay, one of the others sleeps with him (so that's two, about five times the frequency in the general pop), BUT, another main character experiments with her lesbian-side (with her best friend), one other dabbles in the forbidden love, plus one OTHER loses her fiancé when it turns out that HE had a gay affair.  I haven't counted, but EASILY 80% of the love scenes are between the two gay main characters and the "experimenting" main character.   Sense8 is similar; it follows eight characters across the globe that are tied in a way that I haven't gotten to yet in the show.  There are half men, half women (check); one African American; one Asian; all check.   But two are gay (again, about five times the frequency in real life).   They have (so far) only introduced TWO significant others (you got it, the gay characters' partners) and of the three love scenes...  all gay.    Again, this isn't homophobia (one of the love scenes was as hot as you can possibly imagine, and the other, while I didn't think it "hot" per se, was about as well done a scene as you can do) but agenda.    Why the "revisionist history" (that's not what it is, but it describes what I'm going for)?   Is this supposed to send a message?   What's the point if the message is forced and feels fake?
Well, I would say that just because you don't know anyone who eats with chopsticks, doesn't mean that a shit ton of people out there don't either and Hollywood is faking it to push an agenda.  I currently live in Raleigh, NC, and there are more Asian restaurants here than you can shake a stick at, and almost everyone I know or see eats with chopsticks (I don't personally, I never quite got the hang of it, but still).  Hell, even when I lived in dinky little Mount Airy, many people there used chopsticks for Chinese or Japanese food.

As far as the gay/diverse race thing: in the entirety of the history of TV, shows have probably been 99% white and 99.9% straight (I am, of course, using the most up-to-date statistics), so if one or two shows somehow swing over the demographic benchmark, straight white people still have a sizable lead.  I don't see a problem there.  Now, if EVERY show did that, then I may start to agree with you, but I don't see that happening (yet).

None of which invalidates your feelings, of course.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
The sound of diesel engines. Man it gets under my skin even though its really not a big deal, lol.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Don't watch Six Feet Under, then.  Two of the seven main characters are gay (and a third experiments with her gay side briefly at one point).  Sounds like you'd hate it. :P

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

No, safe driving is not driving 20 miles over the speed limit, and flashing your lights at a guy going 5-10 miles over the speed limit. You want to drive recklessly, drive around me, asshole. I'm not moving.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Zook is my new hero.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Zook is right.

I love it when people get up my ass and flash their lights, especially when I'm already going over the speed limit, I take that as that they are letting me know that I'm speeding and should slow down and hold them up even more.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

No, safe driving is not driving 20 miles over the speed limit, and flashing your lights at a guy going 5-10 miles over the speed limit. You want to drive recklessly, drive around me, asshole. I'm not moving.

This. Absolutely this.

No offense, Stadler, but you very much seem like that guy when it comes to driving, ya know the guy who pisses everyone off on the road because he thinks he owns the road and that everyone should adjust their driving to what he wants to do (as if everyone is a mind reader and knows what every other driver is thinking).

Fortunately, I am a very non-aggressive driver, so I would likely just get out of the way of some nut job behind me wanting to go 90 in the fast lane, but I get why some would take the "f that guy" attitude with someone who rides up on their ass and flashes their blinkers at them to try to get them to move out of the way (which is a dick move).

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
People at my work that go above and beyond.. secretly working 15+ extra hours a week to increase the amount of stuff they deliver. Stop making me look like a shitty employee because I'm adhering to the 40 hour work week agreement I signed in my employment contract.

In the case of one woman at my work who does this, it's because work is her hobby. She is single and her kid is in college so she loves to work.

The difference is her work output is significantly less than everyone else.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni

This. Absolutely this.

No offense, Stadler, but you very much seem like that guy when it comes to driving, ya know the guy who pisses everyone off on the road because he thinks he owns the road and that everyone should adjust their driving to what he wants to do (as if everyone is a mind reader and knows what every other driver is thinking).

Fortunately, I am a very non-aggressive driver, so I would likely just get out of the way of some nut job behind me wanting to go 90 in the fast lane, but I get why some would take the "f that guy" attitude with someone who rides up on their ass and flashes their blinkers at them to try to get them to move out of the way (which is a dick move).

Agree with Kev and Zook on this, we have a lot of winding roads near where I live where there is no shoulder and if you're new to the area it demands your attention driving so the speed limit (45) is warranted. If you want to pass, pass. I pass people who are driving slowly, I give them tons of space and go around.