Author Topic: Things That Shouldn't Piss You Off But Do Anyway Thread v.cockroach up the butt  (Read 28446 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
An update rebooted mine and now it makes a bad speller and a bad texter worse.  Oh and a guy that doesn't proofread.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't proofread either, I start and I just get lazy.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
The fidget spinner fad. I've been able to mess with one of them and I just don't get it. On the other hand my dumb ass bought plenty of pogs back in 94 so I can't really judge

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
The fidget spinner fad. I've been able to mess with one of them and I just don't get it. On the other hand my dumb ass bought plenty of pogs back in 94 so I can't really judge

I don't get it either, but I lived the yoyo (revival) craze of the mid '90s, so I guess I understand it.
Of course we didn't have smartphones and real internet back then, but what's their excuse? :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
This is sort of borderline because I think there is an actual societal problem with it and social media has already been covered but when some event happens and you see headlines like "The most powerful tweets in reaction to <event>" or "See how this brave <person> stood up to Twitter backlash" and the like. The reason why it shouldn't piss me off is because I can just scroll passed and go about my day but god damn if that isn't one of the best examples of how fucking stupid our hivemind has become where we're just OK with this sort of throwaway "news" popping up and, worse, actually shared by human beings.

That triggered another one that bugs me (though I won't concede "that it shouldn't"):  when people use "brave" instead of what they presumably mean, like "admirable", or "worthy of praise".   I don't at all think that acting performances are "brave".   I don't think statements to the press - with forethought and through a publicist - are "brave".   I think "brave" should be reserved for when you KNOW you're going to take a bullet - or even die - and you do it anyway, with no benefit to self.   The soldiers that got off first in Normandy?  BRAVE.    Firefighters that run into a burning building worried about people inside and not their own skin?   BRAVE.   Charlize Theron?   Hot, hot AF, but not "brave" (at least for her acting).  Caitlyn Jenner?  Admirable, to be admired, and certainly a role model for thousands that are confused and dealing with feelings they cannot process.  But "brave"?  Not willing to go there.   

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
"Adam Ruins Everyrhing" I want to throw that dude down a flight of steps. To me, he is the perfect example of the 'self entitled millennial'  Pointing out all the things wrong with something in his smug little way.... why this or that is a 'lie' and so on yet offering no solution to any of it. Just causing $hit to cause $hit.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Since Today is Fathers Day, here is one people have been saying more recently.

"Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers...and also to the mothers doing double duty." (vice versa for mothers day)

Its like...No. That's what Mothers/Fathers day is for. If they're gonna do that might as well combine them into a day...Parents Day.

With that logic. I wonder if Homosexual parents take turns being the father/mother on that day? Or if they wait till that one day so both get the greeting?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't really see a problem with throwing some extra credit toward a single parent.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
One thing that drives me nuts is for movies and shows it seems the will get covers of songs that often try to be more brooding. It's hard to describe but ever since the "Mad World" cover by Gary Jules I've seen lots of for shows where sometimes I think the original would work just as well if not better.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
One thing that drives me nuts is for movies and shows it seems the will get covers of songs that often try to be more brooding. It's hard to describe but ever since the "Mad World" cover by Gary Jules I've seen lots of for shows where sometimes I think the original would work just as well if not better.

Yup!

That's one reason I liked the new Thor trailer. Just the original Immigrant Song. No weird remake of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Don't watch the Justice League trailer then.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
I love Flo, and I'd let her have my offspring if she wanted to.

Wow.   I did not see that one coming.

You didn't? He pines for Avatar, and this is a surprise?  ;D

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
I love Flo, and I'd let her have my offspring if she wanted to.

Wow.   I did not see that one coming.

You didn't? He pines for Avatar, and this is a surprise?  ;D

I didn't see THAT one coming either, though, so there's that.   :) 

But I can't talk now.  I'm on the phone with the Amica girl (Tristan McDonald, if anyone cares).  FINALLY.   :) 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran

Slow, minimalist covers of pop songs seem to be dominating video game trailers as well.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
People wearing winter hats in 88 degree weather. It's also muggy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Or people wearing shorts in the winter.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

It was a really thick large winter hat too.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

It was a really thick large winter hat too.

Um..they were really short shorts.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

By your response it was a dude.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

Dude I would wear shorts year round if I could get away with it.   

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni

I do this unless I'm going to be outside for a prolonged period of time.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
When people wear their watches so the face is on the inside of their wrist.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Men who sit with their legs crossed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

I can't physically do that.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran

At the ankles, or when they have one foot above a knee?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

Neither.  The kind where your knees are actually crossed.   

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
You mean the Metro Nut Crush?
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Neither.  The kind where your knees are actually crossed.   

I don't think I could do that if I tried.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise

I started crossing my legs after seeing the godfather and never looked back.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
^^^ There are variations.  I'm not talking about the "I could have you killed before you even have a chance to be scared" version, ala Michael Corleone.  I'm talking about the other version.   

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Yeah the other version is pretty whack. I couldn't bring myself to sit like that. Justin looks too much like an eager beaver in that first shot.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
What? I sit with my legs crossed in meetings all the time. I get called out for by other guys at work but my out is that I'm from Europe :)

It's a comfortable way to sit.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Men crossing legs:  Leaning back = ok.  Upright or leaning forward = emasculation
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline mikeyd23

I am totally a leg crosser.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
People making delicious smelling food in the office microwave. Right now someone's got microwave popcorn and it smells so good and I just want to just find the desk where it is and steal it all.
Photobucket sucks.