Author Topic: Things That Shouldn't Piss You Off But Do Anyway Thread v.cockroach up the butt  (Read 28427 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
When did they change their name?  :laugh:

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
GEICO probably has the best marketing department, but I still hate all of them. And for some reason, perhaps because of the smug voiceover, esurance's commercials fill me with rage.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I love Flo, and I'd let her have my offspring if she wanted to.

Wow.   I did not see that one coming.

But on that note, every time I see the "Amica" commercial with that cutie wearing the headset, I want to call and tell her all the dirty things I would do for her, with her and to her in the back seat of the car they are insuring buy insurance

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
So, it angers you when people's attempts to be courteous to your law breaking is inefficient? That about right?  :lol
Nah man. I'm obviously, admittedly, breaking the law by jaywalking, so why the hell are you, the driver, stopping and wasting your time to let me cross, forcing me to strut in the process? Coz was right when he said that the driver, rightfully, will expect the pedestrian to proceed quickly, to reciprocate the politeness. And that matters a lot because if I have to strut, it's more likely that I'll trip, and who the hell wants to trip in front of someone else like that? Vancouver's a rainy, slippery place. It's not built for strutting. Inefficiency is only so much of the problem.

All that unpleasantness, plus the inefficiency, could be avoided if drivers just kept on driving and enforced a mentality of patience upon jaywalkers. And I'm speaking from a jaywalker's point of view.

Hey man, take a look at the thread title. This gripe is only supposed to make so much sense.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
That's wasn't always the way.  A pedestrian used to wait for the driver to wave them on to walk across.  It's only over the last few decades that people took it upon themselves to just dart right our forcing the cars to stop.  The dumb part about that is a car is a a large weapon and not so easy to stop compared to someone walking.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
That's wasn't always the way.  A pedestrian used to wait for the driver to wave them on to walk across.  It's only over the last few decades that people took it upon themselves to just dart right our forcing the cars to stop.  The dumb part about that is a car is a a large weapon and not so easy to stop compared to someone walking.

I don't know, some of the people I've seen attempt this would be harder to make come to a complete stop on a dime than a car...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

I don't know, some of the people I've seen attempt this would be harder to make come to a complete stop on a dime than a car...

:lol

It is amazing isn't it?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
I think we've talked about this here (was it related to the bike discussion?) but it's especially infuriating to me, because it takes advantage of our humanity.    My car will MANGLE you, no matter how huge you are, but out of human decency and a respect for human life, I now go out of my way to make sure I don't hit - and therefore, hurt - you, and your response?  "Fuck you, jack, I'ma going to make sure I don't trip, I don't break out in a sweat, and ALL the ladies see my swag as I mosey across this street!"

I had a friend who once said "If I ever get told I have only months to live, I'm going to put a bullet in [insert polarizing politician]."  Not me.  I'm going to teach some rude pedestrians a clear lesson on physics. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
It's a selfish move.  Nobody thinks about anyone but themselves these days.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
I think we've talked about this here (was it related to the bike discussion?) but it's especially infuriating to me, because it takes advantage of our humanity.    My car will MANGLE you, no matter how huge you are, but out of human decency and a respect for human life, I now go out of my way to make sure I don't hit - and therefore, hurt - you, and your response?  "Fuck you, jack, I'ma going to make sure I don't trip, I don't break out in a sweat, and ALL the ladies see my swag as I mosey across this street!"

I had a friend who once said "If I ever get told I have only months to live, I'm going to put a bullet in [insert polarizing politician]."  Not me.  I'm going to teach some rude pedestrians a clear lesson on physics.
To each their own. I'm going to Thailand to bang lots of Asian girls and take up smoking opium before finally overdosing on heroin on some Phuket beach. If I feel like being a humanitarian perhaps I'll teach some of them to make a nice chicken fried steak.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
The dumb part about that is a car is a a large weapon and not so easy to stop compared to someone walking.
Exactly. Exactly this. I see what you're saying though. People started to dart across, drivers adapted, forgot those better times, and now drivers are at the mercy of jaywalkers, and jaywalkers suffer for it, tripping more often because they have to strut. I think see how it happened. How awful.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
And worse now with all the distractions like a cell phone, I-Pod........

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
When people say/write "10am in the morning."

Just like "PIN number" or "ATM machine." Acronymical [sic] redundancy pisses me off.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
IKR, right?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Inb4 Hype blows a gasket.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Inb4 Hype blows a gasket.

I think you meant "Inb4 before Hype blows a gasket."

Offline Snow Dog

Not being able to sleep more than 5-6 hours a night for the past three weeks, no matter what time I go to bed. Tough to focus on patients' pain and problems through a ten hour workday, let alone give a shit about them, when the only thing keeping you going is coffee until the weekend. Sucks waking up at 330-430 am in the morning every night. (Yes, that last sentence was intentionally busting some balls...)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You mean intentionally on purpose? ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder

Basic spelling/grammar mistakes kill me, and no I'm not referring to Kinglish. I mean top-level executives that write "asoom" or say "irregardless" or "fustated."

Things like "would of" or using the incorrect version of "your" ...all things grown adults should be able to know and use properly. I get the occasional mistype or screwup, but I read a post on Facebook yesterday that used multiple instances of your/you're and it was spelled "your" every fucking time. Mind-boggling. Know the damn language you speak.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Kinglish is a way of life.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
Damn straight.

Offline Snow Dog

Basic spelling/grammar mistakes kill me, and no I'm not referring to Kinglish. I mean top-level executives that write "asoom" or say "irregardless" or "fustated."

Things like "would of" or using the incorrect version of "your" ...all things grown adults should be able to know and use properly. I get the occasional mistype or screwup, but I read a post on Facebook yesterday that used multiple instances of your/you're and it was spelled "your" every fucking time. Mind-boggling. Know the damn language you speak.

I no, rite?

Text speak drives me insane. At least with the your/you're thing, they're trying to spell it out instead of just lazily typing "ur"...

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
This is sort of borderline because I think there is an actual societal problem with it and social media has already been covered but when some event happens and you see headlines like "The most powerful tweets in reaction to <event>" or "See how this brave <person> stood up to Twitter backlash" and the like. The reason why it shouldn't piss me off is because I can just scroll passed and go about my day but god damn if that isn't one of the best examples of how fucking stupid our hivemind has become where we're just OK with this sort of throwaway "news" popping up and, worse, actually shared by human beings.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
The thing that upsets me with social media is the liberties people take that they would never take slurring a face to face conversation.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

This sooooo much.  Also, when the fuck did incentivize become a word?  This word literally angers me.  Incent is a perfectly fine verb on its own.  There was no reason to a "ivize" to the end of it.

And ffs, even Google Chrome underlines "incent", but thinks "incentivize" is a perfectly fine word.   >:(

You didn't chose it ... it chose you.

The thing that upsets me with social media is the liberties people take that they would never take slurring a face to face conversation.

I slur my conversations all the time!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Fuck! :lol

During!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
God like.  Imagine if italked like that in person?  That would be a funny skit.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni

Since I started posting from work more on my phone I'm slowly learning the ways of Kinglish.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Since I started posting from work more on my phone I'm slowly learning the ways of Kinglish.

I had an update that wiped out the auto correct so it's made it worse for me. :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
What phone do you use King?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Galaxy S6

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
What autocorrect app do you use and where can I download the King AutoCorrect :lol?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

It's the standard Verizon app.  Lol.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Verizon auto correct is so frustrating but here I am still using it like an idiot and constantly complaining about it. God forbid I stop typing a long word and then continue typing it. No, Verizon, I don't want you to auto correct the second segment of that word into something else.