Author Topic: Favorite Writers/Books  (Read 4743 times)

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Re: Favorite Writers/Books
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »
I guess i should list  Rice too since i have a shelf full of her books, but her last 2 or 3 weren't very good.

I list Rice for her earlier novels in the Vampire Chronicles, particular The Tale of the Bodythief ... hanging out for Universal (I think it is Universal with the rights now) to do a movie or TV Show.

I like Christopher Moore as well ... but I want to read his in order as well..  ::)

It is great reading these lists they make you remember the authors you forget are on your shelf....  :corn

Body Thief was actually the first one i read way back as a teen. Just a pulled a book of my mom's shelf and went with it lol.

As for Moore, most are stand alone stories, but characters cross paths from time to time. Most of his books are just fantastic too!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2017, 06:22:29 PM »
I guess i should list  Rice too since i have a shelf full of her books, but her last 2 or 3 weren't very good.

I list Rice for her earlier novels in the Vampire Chronicles, particular The Tale of the Bodythief ... hanging out for Universal (I think it is Universal with the rights now) to do a movie or TV Show.

What did you think of The Sleeping Beauty Quartet?

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2017, 09:41:14 PM »
^^^^ I would prefer she sticks to her Vampires.  :)
Was probably marginally better than 50 shades... but the last one was .. too much time between the others. It is not a genre I usually read, her son Christopher writes better in the genre as well as other books, .. The Vines is pretty good, not too long. Heavens Rise etc etc. Another author I left off my list... ::)