Author Topic: Just Missed Seeing DT in Rome  (Read 2056 times)

Offline t-bone2112

Just Missed Seeing DT in Rome
« on: May 18, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
This will make you cry; it makes me want to cry every time I think about it.

My wife and I just got back from a 2 week trip to Italy.  I was checking on the tour dates for the I&W anniversary tour to see when/if they will be near me in the Pacific NW.  And then I saw it: they were playing in Rome, 1 night before we were going to be in Rome.  We made our reservations and plans many months before, and we really couldn't change anything and make it work.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!  So close to seeing them in Europe, and no luck.  Man was I sad!!

On a related topic, I must say I hate that you Europeans get to see them at so many places American rock bands would never consider touring to.  I would love to see them play in Milan, Lisbon, Romania!  It would be so awesome.  It's great that DT have such a loyal fan base there.

Online MirrorMask

Re: Just Missed Seeing DT in Rome
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:02:36 AM »
Milan is where I'm always seeing them since 1999  :hat

Too bad that you missed them! I wish you more luck next time  :tup
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:04 AM »
Hopefully they will come up to the Pacific NW this fall so you can see them at that time. I will be there for sure. Alot of cool venues in Seattle..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:17:37 AM »
Hopefully they will come up to the Pacific NW this fall so you can see them at that time.

Speaking of which, that's definitely taking its sweet time for them to announce.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 09:28:01 AM »
Hopefully they will come up to the Pacific NW this fall so you can see them at that time.

Speaking of which, that's definitely taking its sweet time for them to announce.

Yup, approaching 6 months since "soon"

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »
Yeah it has been a while. Didn't someone say they basically were trying not to make the same mistake they did on TA 2nd NA run, where they didn't announce all the dates at once?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 08:49:41 AM »

My wife and I just got back from a 2 week trip to Italy.  I was checking on the tour dates for the I&W anniversary tour to see when/if they will be near me in the Pacific NW.  And then I saw it: they were playing in Rome, 1 night before we were going to be in Rome.  We made our reservations and plans many months before, and we really couldn't change anything and make it work.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!  So close to seeing them in Europe, and no luck.  Man was I sad!!

On a related topic, I must say I hate that you Europeans get to see them at so many places American rock bands would never consider touring to.  I would love to see them play in Milan, Lisbon, Romania!  It would be so awesome.  It's great that DT have such a loyal fan base there.

Oh, bummer!  I remember several years ago my wife and I were traveling to New Orleans for a getaway with just the two of us.  We were staying just a couple of blocks from the French Quarter and walked around a bit the night we got in.  No real plans that first night--just keeping it low-key and exploring a bit.  The next morning we happened to walk by the House of Blues and discovered that Queensryche had played the night before (i.e., the night we got in).  We both wanted to see them that tour, but weren't paying attention to the schedule and didn't realize they were going to be in NOLA when we were there.  We were bummed we missed them.

In all seriousness, I think we will hear pretty soon.  And I think we may get a few slight tweaks to the set on our side of the pond to keep things interesting.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline CB

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 02:22:48 PM »

That's bad luck! After discovering DT in 2007, realizing that they surpass every band I ever heard before, I was checking out if there was a chance to see them live in the near future. Well, I found out they'd just been in Düsseldorf (20 minutes by train) the week before.

I'm very greatful that they are performing at so many places in Europe. It was especially special the last tour when they went to two rather unknown German towns - Geiselwind and Lingen. I was at the Lingen show, about 1.600 people there, the hall was only half full, but considering it's a small town in the middle of nowhere that wasn't bad at all. The audience was mostly die-hard fans. Band and audience were totally into it, the atmosphere was so great, probably the best DT show for me so far.

I hope you'll get a chance to see them very soon!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
Speaking of DT and Italy, I've just returned from a trip to Tuscany. Say what you want about the lyrics of The Count of Tuscany, but I can assure you that JP completely and totally NAILED the atmosphere of the tuscan countryside with the music! I've heard the song on a late afternoon while walking back from the historical centre of San Gimignano (google images of it), and it was just glorious to bask in the late noon light during the final part of the song.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 02:39:51 PM »
Say what you want about the lyrics of The Count of Tuscany

Okay, I think I will then.  What I want to say about the lyrics is:  They're pretty great.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 04:05:39 AM »

In all seriousness, I think we will hear pretty soon.  And I think we may get a few slight tweaks to the set on our side of the pond to keep things interesting.

It actually works in my favor, since this delay probably rules out a fall tour. Looks like I might be out of the country in fall, so a winter tour definitely works better for me.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline t-bone2112

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 11:49:18 PM »
MirrorMask- I was in Tuscany also and visited San Gimignano as well!  I wanted to play The Count of Tuscany as we drove through the beautiful countryside, but I couldn't find the AUX plug to play my iPod through.  My wife wasn't too upset about it though.....

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 02:31:45 AM »
Glad that you've seen one of the most beautiful regions of Italy!  :coolio I absolutely love Tuscany, I'm a mountains person so South Tyrol is my favorite region, because of the dolomites, but Tuscany comes right second.