Poll

What are your favorites of these Iron Maiden songs?

Strange World
11 (4.5%)
Innocent Exile
5 (2.1%)
Twilight Zone
4 (1.7%)
Invaders
14 (5.8%)
The Prisoner
25 (10.3%)
Die With Your Boots On
17 (7%)
Sun and Steel
6 (2.5%)
The Duellists
11 (4.5%)
Sea of Madness
23 (9.5%)
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
14 (5.8%)
The Prophecy
13 (5.4%)
Run Silent Run Deep
6 (2.5%)
Judas Be My Guide
12 (5%)
Look For the Truth
3 (1.2%)
The Unbeliever
6 (2.5%)
Lightning Strikes Twice
4 (1.7%)
The Educated Fool
5 (2.1%)
The Fallen Angel
11 (4.5%)
Montsegur
17 (7%)
New Frontier
2 (0.8%)
The Pilgrim
4 (1.7%)
Out of the Shadows
4 (1.7%)
Mother of Mercy
8 (3.3%)
The Alchemist
6 (2.5%)
When the River Runs Deep
6 (2.5%)
The Man Of Sorrows
5 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Iron Maiden Discography Thread: Senjutsu  (Read 185775 times)

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
Re: Iron Maiden Discography Thread: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)
« Reply #665 on: July 10, 2017, 08:33:09 PM »
Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour (1987 - 88)

The Seventh Son tour marks a change of pace for Maiden’s touring habits. For the first time, the band began the tour after the release of the album. By the time they hit the road, the album was out and had a month to marinate. Additionally, this marked the first time the tour didn’t start in Europe/The UK. In 1988, the band were invited to headline the prestigious Monsters of Rock festival at Donington. As a result, their schedule was created around the event and the tour essentially happened in reverse, starting in the USA. The itinerary continued to shrink compared to the World Slavery Tour and Somewhere On Tour. The former was a 13 month tour and the latter was an 8 month tour. Seventh Tour lasted 7 months and only saw Europe and North America. No Japanese dates, no South American dates. The European tour was also significantly scaled back. They stayed away from most of Eastern Europe and only did a handful of dates outside of the Monsters of Rock festivals. They did perform in Greece for the first time though. The North American tour was as extensive as ever and continued the tradition of attempting to hit every nook and cranny in the USA, even though the album wasn’t as much of a success there as the previous albums.

The Monsters of Rock was a major event for Maiden. The festival occurred on an annual basis since 1980 and Maiden were invited to play every year since its inception. The band (i.e. management) turned down the offers because they wanted to wait for the time to be right so they could put on a special show. With their second #1 album under their belts and what was likely going to be the final tour of the decade, the time was right to finally headline the festival. Maiden were the first band to headline without playing the festival before in a lower slot (other than Rainbow of course). The entire lineup was one of the best Donington had ever seen. Maiden were joined by Kiss (the last time Kiss and Maiden shared the stage, Maiden were the opening band in 1980), an emerging Guns n Roses, David Lee Roth, Megadeth, and Helloween. Outside of Donington, bands such as Anthrax and Metallica were included on the bill.

By this time, Monsters of Rock had expanded to a mini-European festival tour, but the main event was still Donington, which was the first stop in Europe. It was one of the biggest Monsters of Rock events ever and was one of the biggest audiences the band played to. It was partly broadcast on MTV and the audio was broadcast on the BBC. An excerpt of the performance was released as part of Eddie’s Archive, which we will get to later. Unfortunately, the show was marred by tragedy when two audience members were crushed to death during Guns n’ Roses’ performance. The event was packed and people were aggressively pushing toward the barrier during the concert. Maiden were unaware of the incident until after the gig. What was briefly one of the band’s most triumphant moments quickly turned to one of their most tragic. The afterparty was cancelled and the event created a cloud over the rest of the tour.

That’s not to say the tour wasn’t without great moments after. The rest of the Monsters Of Rock tour was a big success. The Germany Monsters of Rock was partially broadcast, there’s no video of Maiden out there but you can find Anthrax, Great White, and Kiss on youtube (the Kiss performance was also officially released). I wasn’t around in 1988, but my dad was an he attended the German Monsters of Rock, so that gig has some significance for me.

The tour ended appropriately with an extensive UK run that acted as a homecoming for the band. After spending the better part of a decade conquering the world as one of the biggest touring acts, they returned home for a storybook ending to the band’s golden age (even if they didn’t realize it at the time). It is also here that we get the official live release from the tour:

Maiden England (Recorded 1988, released 1989)

(2013 cover)

Maiden England was recorded on the band’s UK tour at Birmingham’s NEC. This was their first time playing the venue and they sold out two nights there. As was often the case for bands in the 70s and 80s, it was important for this video to be significantly different than Live After Death, from the setlist to the cinematography.

Steve Harris requested he be in charge for the next Iron Maiden video, so Maiden England marks his directorial debut. The differences between the videos are pretty clear. Steve wanted the vibe of the video to be similar to that of a bootleg, as if it was from an audience member’s perspective. As a result, you get lots of closeups of the band members, less audience shots, and overall a more intimate portrayal of the band compared to the larger-than-life persona of Live After Death.

The setlist featured the standard 6 songs from the latest album. Only two songs (The Prophecy and Only the Good Die Young) from Seventh Son were left off the setlist. Unlike the previous three tours, nothing from the new album was dropped by the end, so all 6 songs are represented on the video. By this time, the band had actually added to the setlist. It seems to me that they were preparing for the live video with the setlist, because the songs added were rarities that weren’t featured on Live After Death. Killers and Still Life hadn’t been played for years and live recordings of these songs did not exist at the time. The rest of the setlist was also unique, with 6 new songs and 2 songs from Somewhere In Time, which hadn’t been recorded live yet. They also performed The Prisoner, which hadn’t been performed since 1982. Overall, the original VHS release contains only 4 duplicate songs from Live After Death. In 2013, the video was finally released on DVD with the addition of the encore (it was not included on the original VHS). The encore is identical to the one on Live After Death, but is still nice for the full concert experience.

Of course the other thing that makes every Maiden video special is that it captures the latest stage show. As usual, the band brought the album artwork to life with the blue dominated icy landscapes. There were iceberg props, a fortune teller ball that appeared at the start of the show, and two large Eddies. The first appeared during Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, representing his “prophet” look from the inner sleeve artwork, and again of course during Iron Maiden mimicking his look on the album cover.

Another unique moment during this show is Steve’s bass tech, Michael Kenney, joining the band on stage in costume for the keyboard parts to Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Kenney had been enlisted to cover the synth parts backstage during the Somewhere In Time tour and continues as the man behind the curtain to this day.

Maiden England is another essential Maiden release, especially now that it is widely available on DVD. The video looks fantastic and it features some great bonus features, including a documentary that covers 1986-1988 and 12 Wasted Years. I always felt that Maiden England was the one for the hardcore fans, as it features many live rarities that are still only available on this video.

This is really one of the few tours where bootlegs are unnecessary. Maiden England features pretty much all the songs performed on this tour and the ones that aren’t included aren’t exactly rarities. It’s a great video and you get the full experience of the tour. Donington is partially available and the video is decent enough. But I decided to upload something anyway because I actually wasn’t able to find this one on youtube. This is one of several secret gigs the band performed under the name of Charlotte and the Harlots. They performed a few shows in Germany, where the album was recorded, and then a club show in New York City to practice for the full tour. This is the New York City gig. This is late 80s Maiden in a club. No stage production, no frills, the band are even in more everyday outfits. It’s an incomplete video, but is really fascinating to watch.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8z999c40gkppuk/AABg8dAW09K31SZXEEYzceLda?dl=0

And that's what many consider to be the end of Maiden's golden age. Obviously at the time they weren’t planning on a lineup change or the coming change in the musical landscape, but they really ended the decade on a high note. A number one album, a headline performance at the premier rock festival, and a video that is in many ways a love letter to the band’s original fanbase. You couldn't ask for a better end to this lineup.

On Friday we’ll talk about how the members of Maiden spent 1989 before moving on to the next album.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:44:46 PM by Mosh »
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #666 on: July 10, 2017, 08:34:43 PM »
Hey, that is definitely not funny!  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Iron Maiden Discography Thread: Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour (1988)
« Reply #667 on: July 11, 2017, 01:30:31 AM »
Fantastic show and tour. I was too young to attend, but at least I saw its third millennium version with the Maiden England tour in 2013 AND 2014.

I did see the original VHS lent to me by a classmate however, and it was simply gorgeous to sink in the whole atmosphere. It's hard to compare it to Live After Death, it's discussing which one is better between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini, but I'll just say that while the LAD stage set looked like a fantastic and amazing, well, stage set, the Seventh Son stage was basically another world, more like a theatre production. With all the props, icebergs and white covered amps, it felt really like a complete and immersive experience than "just" a -surely amazing- stage set. Absolutely awesome.

I agree that even though they didn't know it yet, they ended the '80s and the run of the classic line-up on the highest possible note. Maiden were at the very top of the world and it would have took them at least a decade or more to come back there.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline stargazer18

« Reply #668 on: July 11, 2017, 03:32:35 AM »
This tour came through the summer prior to me starting my junior year in high school. There was a US version of the Monster’s of Rock tour that had rolled through NE Ohio the week prior to this concert that included Van Halen and Metallica so many fans chose to go to that and skip Maiden. It also didn’t help that the show was the night of July 3rd. As a result the venue (same place where SIT was at) was only about 40% full. I vaguely remember Bruce even saying something like where are all the f**cking fans! It didn’t matter to him really – they played an awesome show.

Set List:
Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
The Prisoner
Infinite Dreams
The Trooper
Can I Play With Madness
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Run to the Hills
2 Minutes to Midnight
Running Free

This time they included a track from Piece of Mind but to me the real bonus was seeing The Prisoner live.

Offline Freeze

« Reply #669 on: July 11, 2017, 04:34:05 AM »
Iron Maiden was my first real arena concert experience. This was in "Drammenshallen" just outside of Oslo in October 1988. I was thirteen years old , and remember finding the concert mindblowing. To this day I still find the opening with "Moonchild" one of the strongest openings of any Maiden tour. I also remember buying a t-shirt at the concert that was way too big , so I guess I kind of looked like a young boy wearing a Iron Maiden dress. I have seen Maiden several times in concert since then , but they have yet to top that first experience. Today the "Drammenshallen" is no longer in use for concerts.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #670 on: July 11, 2017, 05:03:05 AM »
[...]and then a club show in New York City to practice for the full tour. This is the New York City gig. This is late 80s Maiden in a club. No stage production, no frills, the band are even in more everyday outfits. It’s an incomplete video, but is really fascinating to watch.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8z999c40gkppuk/AABg8dAW09K31SZXEEYzceLda?dl=0

I'm not sure if the DVD uploaded correctly. It's only 34 mb as a download and selecting a song just returns me to the menu.

Another very enjoyable write-up - nice work.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #671 on: July 11, 2017, 08:01:54 AM »
Awesome write up Mosh!

The boot of KISS on that German date is one of my all time favorite Boots. It's KISS performing outside in the daytime. I've had a copy of that show since the late 80's and it's awesome.

[...]and then a club show in New York City to practice for the full tour. This is the New York City gig. This is late 80s Maiden in a club. No stage production, no frills, the band are even in more everyday outfits. It’s an incomplete video, but is really fascinating to watch.   

I also remember having this as well. My college roommate, who lived in northern New Jersey, and I made a pact that if they even did another show like that we would be there, and of course 4 years later, we went to the show at The Ritz.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #672 on: July 11, 2017, 08:12:18 AM »
Ticket stubs and tour book.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #673 on: July 11, 2017, 08:13:45 AM »
July 17, 1988
The Centrum
Worcester, Ma

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #674 on: July 11, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #675 on: July 11, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »
I'd pay to see that warmup gig in NY.  I love when bands just PLAY with no stage gear.  There are a couple of Kiss like that, and they're awesome. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #676 on: July 11, 2017, 08:35:38 AM »
Yea, that NYC show sounds awesome, something I would love to be able to attend.

Nice pics TAC, I can't believe how cheap your tickets were and how close you were  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #677 on: July 11, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »
I'd pay to see that warmup gig in NY.  I love when bands just PLAY with no stage gear.  There are a couple of Kiss like that, and they're awesome. 

Stadler, did you see the Revenge club tour anywhere?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #678 on: July 11, 2017, 08:42:13 AM »
Nice pics TAC, I can't believe how cheap your tickets were and how close you were  :lol

For the Worcester show, where I took the pics, I bought a floor seat and went solo. I worked my way up during Ace Frehley. I have great shots of Ace as well. In fact, in the 2nd and 3rd pic of my first post, where Bruce is up on the riser, you can tell it was during Moonchild because the red/pink curtail in the lower left corner of the pic is still up, and that was part of Ace's stage. In later shots, the curtain is gone.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #679 on: July 11, 2017, 09:14:17 AM »
Mosh -- great coverage. Fun to read.

Tim -- Great pics! Been waiting for you to post some in the QR discography thread...I know you got 'em. ;)

Maiden is such an incredible story. It's really cool to have someone like Mosh who is so versed in it that when you read what is posted, you actually feel like you've been there. Nicely done.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #680 on: July 11, 2017, 09:24:19 AM »
Tim -- Great pics! Been waiting for you to post some in the QR discography thread...I know you got 'em. ;)

I actually don't have any QR pics. I know I've sent you some ticket stubs.

I do have great pics to the Metallica show in Worcester from '89, but for some reason, I don't think I took any QR shots. I don't have any in my collection, I'd have to dig out the negatives.

I did record the Promised Land show, and traded that out back in the day, but I'm pretty sure I don't have that anymore either!

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #681 on: July 11, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »

I agree. Those gigs are killer. I remember when I traveled a lot to LA and Arizona, I was always hoping I'd see a local bar with the name: Vic & The Rattleheads, TONIGHT ONLY. Seeing Megadeth in a bar, would just be incredible. I could only imagine seeing Maiden in a club. Intense.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »
I wish they would actually do some special shows like that, but the logistics would be a nightmare. With internet booking, secondary ticketing, word of mouth spreading like wildfire over the internet, I'm afraid not even if they want to they could do a small show.

Maybe it should be a private event where you have to register on their website and be randomly selected as winner.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »
I wish they would actually do some special shows like that, but the logistics would be a nightmare. With internet booking, secondary ticketing, word of mouth spreading like wildfire over the internet, I'm afraid not even if they want to they could do a small show.

Maybe it should be a private event where you have to register on their website and be randomly selected as winner.

Metallica did it before their current tour.  I believe it was a random selection for tickets through the fan club (maybe?) and they played at Webster Hall in NYC.   Would have been amazing to be there, but those tickets were like 500 on the secondary market and the gig was only announced a couple days prior.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #684 on: July 11, 2017, 10:04:35 AM »

Metallica did it before their current tour.  I believe it was a random selection for tickets through the fan club (maybe?) and they played at Webster Hall in NYC.   Would have been amazing to be there, but those tickets were like 500 on the secondary market and the gig was only announced a couple days prior.

Yeah, I really wanted to go as well. I basically found tickets on CL for $400 and then through stub hub or some other resale site they were $800. If I could have gotten them on StubHub for $400 knowing I was protected from frauds, I probably would have pulled the trigger.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »

Stadler, did you see the Revenge club tour anywhere?

I did not, and it's one of my very few concert regrets (Purple on the Perfect Strangers tour and Oasis in 2008 are the other two biggies).  I don't have any real excuses, other than the closest date was New York or Boston and I wasn't going to concerts by myself back then (today I'd hop in the car and go without a thought).  My concert buddy at that point was big into prog; we saw Crimson, ELP and Yes something like ten times in that year span when Kiss was doing that run (Spring of '92 if memory serves; it does because I looked it up!).   They played the Troc in Philly and the Avalon Ballroom in Boston; I'da gone to either one of those at that point.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »
Cool. I went to Avalon, which is where Iron Maiden would play 4 years later..which I missed! >:(

We'll get to that in due time, I guess.

Offline Mosh

« Reply #687 on: July 11, 2017, 05:27:26 PM »
[...]and then a club show in New York City to practice for the full tour. This is the New York City gig. This is late 80s Maiden in a club. No stage production, no frills, the band are even in more everyday outfits. It’s an incomplete video, but is really fascinating to watch.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8z999c40gkppuk/AABg8dAW09K31SZXEEYzceLda?dl=0

I'm not sure if the DVD uploaded correctly. It's only 34 mb as a download and selecting a song just returns me to the menu.

Another very enjoyable write-up - nice work.
Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu8csylk1xeeelj/1988-05-08dvd.zip?dl=0
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

Offline Mosh

« Reply #688 on: July 11, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »
Awesome write up Mosh!

The boot of KISS on that German date is one of my all time favorite Boots. It's KISS performing outside in the daytime. I've had a copy of that show since the late 80's and it's awesome.
My dad was right in front of Paul Stanley for that. Great show, much better than the Crazy Nights show that got included on Kissology 2 IMO.

Great pics BTW. You get a different perspective of the stage shows seeing them up close like that.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #689 on: July 11, 2017, 07:03:42 PM »
Great pics BTW. You get a different perspective of the stage shows seeing them up close like that.
Thank you!

I forgot to mention that I got an Adrian pick at this show. For the life of me, I cannot locate it. But on one side was his signature, and on the other side it said "7th pick of the 7th tour".

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #690 on: July 11, 2017, 11:44:33 PM »
Tim delivering the goods once again.  Great pics.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #691 on: July 12, 2017, 07:33:40 AM »
Thank you!

I forgot to mention that I got an Adrian pick at this show. For the life of me, I cannot locate it. But on one side was his signature, and on the other side it said "7th pick of the 7th tour".

That's awesome, hope you find it though

Offline Mosh

« Reply #692 on: July 12, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
I have to say watching the Maiden England DVD I've been a little underwhelmed. The concert video is great of course but they could've done more with the additional features. Maybe some Donington 88 footage or at least an excerpt of something from the Somewhere on Time tour. Just something really special and rare.

The documentary also seems to gloss over everything. There are a couple good stories but overall it feels more like a promotional video for the band than a dedicated documentary the way the first two "history of" videos were.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #693 on: July 12, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »
As far as Donnington, if they had included a couple of tracks, that would've frustrated me more, as it would only be proof that they have footage but haven't released it. They blew their chance on Eddie's Archive to release the show.

I think getting the full show on Maiden England was good. I honestly haven't watched the documentary part since I bought the thing years ago.
Mosh, what topics at that time would you have liked comments on?

But as with typical rock documentaries or biographies, way too much time is spent on minutia. Like in Mick Wall's Run To the Hills, you're 160 pages in before Adrian even joins the band, SiT gets 5 pages and SSOASS gets about 8, with 3 of them being Donnington and the tragedy. I would rather heard about what was going on with the band during those years.

Offline Mosh

« Reply #694 on: July 12, 2017, 02:53:02 PM »
As far as Donnington, if they had included a couple of tracks, that would've frustrated me more, as it would only be proof that they have footage but haven't released it. They blew their chance on Eddie's Archive to release the show.

I think getting the full show on Maiden England was good. I honestly haven't watched the documentary part since I bought the thing years ago.
Mosh, what topics at that time would you have liked comments on?

But as with typical rock documentaries or biographies, way too much time is spent on minutia. Like in Mick Wall's Run To the Hills, you're 160 pages in before Adrian even joins the band, SiT gets 5 pages and SSOASS gets about 8, with 3 of them being Donnington and the tragedy. I would rather heard about what was going on with the band during those years.
I'm sure they have Donington. The footage of it that I've seen is pretty dark, which is why I think they haven't released it. They screwed up on BBC Archives, but we'll get to that later. I don't even need the full Donington though, just the highlights and songs not played at the NEC like with Rock in Rio on LAD.

I just wish the doc was longer. It's 40 minutes which means you get 20 min per album and half of that time is spent on the tours, so they ended up just rushing through everything. I would've liked more on SIT. On the Live After Deah doc you get some comments on how the songs were written and recorded. On the Maiden England doc they talk about Wasted Years and that was about it. I would've liked more on Alexander, maybe what happened to the Bruce songs that were rejected. The Seventh Son portion is a little bit better but still they could've done more with it. I would've liked a full hour long or even 90 minute doc.

Totally agree on band bios in general. They spend most of the time talking about the early days and then gloss over everything else, but I find that stuff more interesting.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #695 on: July 12, 2017, 06:08:00 PM »
The comments on the Maiden England "history of Iron Maiden" part got me thinking what they'll do next...reissue Donnington covering a few more years seems like a good choice, but how will they address the Blaze years? And will they dare to go on tour with a setlist based on their 90's output?

Offline Mosh

« Reply #696 on: July 12, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »
Yea I have no idea. I'll be very disappointed if the documentaries end with Fear of the Dark though. They've filmed Blaze era stuff though, hopefully they release it.

I am certain there will be no 90s tour. The closest thing we'll get is if they do another TFF 2010 style tour before a new album comes out and they throw some 90s songs in.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #697 on: July 12, 2017, 06:51:05 PM »
...reissue Donnington covering a few more years seems like a good choice, but how will they address the Blaze years? And will they dare to go on tour with a setlist based on their 90's output?
I don't even know how I'd feel about a Donnington '92 Reissue. It might literally be the worst concert video I've ever seen. Would love to hear the band discuss the 90's though.

I am certain there will be no 90s tour. The closest thing we'll get is if they do another TFF 2010 style tour before a new album comes out and they throw some 90s songs in.

And if they even play some Blaze material, it'll most likely be a repeat like The Clansman.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #698 on: July 12, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
In any case, I think the proper way to end those revival tours and the rather sketchy documentary they're doing to recap their career would be to wrap it up when the current lineup was formed. Reissue Rock in Rio with the final chapter of the story and that's it. What do you guys think?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #699 on: July 12, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. At least bring it full circle to the Reunion Era.