Author Topic: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)  (Read 31577 times)

Offline portnoy311

Re: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)
« Reply #770 on: December 27, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
Just read three different reports of that story (Including one from FOX) and none of them say anything about him being an immigrant, or an illegal one. Last I saw, they don't even know who it is, they just have his picture.

But, like everything else Trump does, it truly (and I say this sadly) does not matter. The people who do care are laughed away and the people who don't care just scream that it doesn't matter until Trump does the next dumb thing, which I predict will be within 24 hours.

Interestingly enough, this morning I noticed CNN had a huge headline on their site that he was here illegally.

Online El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #771 on: December 27, 2018, 05:03:58 PM »
Everybody remember back when the border patrol guy was killed by immigrants last year. Their (one survived) union rep said he thought maybe an immigrant beat him to death with a rock, but in reality they just fell off an embankment. Trump was making the same spiel then, and I'd bet good money if asked about it he'd still tell the story of how he was beaten to death with a rock. Why wouldn't he? Why whouldn't he say this guy's illegal? Facts are meaningless.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:20:04 PM by El Barto »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #772 on: December 27, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »
Just read three different reports of that story (Including one from FOX) and none of them say anything about him being an immigrant, or an illegal one. Last I saw, they don't even know who it is, they just have his picture.

But, like everything else Trump does, it truly (and I say this sadly) does not matter. The people who do care are laughed away and the people who don't care just scream that it doesn't matter until Trump does the next dumb thing, which I predict will be within 24 hours.

Interestingly enough, this morning I noticed CNN had a huge headline on their site that he was here illegally.

Yea, looks like it was recently updated. CNN is saying the Sheriff said he's an illegal.

I'd ask if Trump realizes that most illegal immigrants don't randomly cross over to the point where a wall would stop them, but I think I'd be missing the entire point of his presidency if I did ask that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #773 on: January 02, 2019, 07:27:51 AM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #774 on: January 02, 2019, 08:50:14 AM »
Needs a trademark sign after 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'... the all caps is a really nice touch though, must've been a fat gagger of blow that inspired that one.
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #775 on: January 02, 2019, 10:30:27 AM »
Why is it when I read "calm down and enjoy the ride", I'm envisioning the Ghostbusters taxi driver?
I think Jingle is right as rain
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #776 on: January 02, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »
Nothing makes me CALM DOWN faster than seeing it written in block capitals by an unhinged lunatic.

Trump's twitter has been nothing but gold over the new year. In the morning, "I've said all along THE WALL didn't need to be an actual wall. It can also be BEAUTIFUL STEEL SLATS!". Midday: "Only a WALL can protect us. It's the greatest invention ever!". 6pm: "MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL THROUGH THE MONEY WE ARE SAVING ON THE NEW AND IMPROVED NAFTA AGREEMENT!!" Midnight: "The crime-loving obstructionist Dems are refusing to give us the funds we need to build THE WALL!!". Sometimes his addled rants are concerning but when it's about his unimportant pipe dreams it's pretty hilarious.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts' desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron" - H.L.Mencken, 26th July 1920.

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very very large brain" - American President Donald Trump, September 26th 2018.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #777 on: January 02, 2019, 05:54:12 PM »
Not sure if this tweet will show up but I'll try it anyway. This is a literally unbelievable level of stupidity. Sometimes I think I'm immune to Donald Trump's shameless ignorance but then he comes out with something like this. There are dim-witted 8-year-olds who have a better understanding of history than him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sbg1/status/1080551098635685889
"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts' desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron" - H.L.Mencken, 26th July 1920.

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very very large brain" - American President Donald Trump, September 26th 2018.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #778 on: January 02, 2019, 06:04:15 PM »
I think Jingle is right as rain
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #779 on: January 02, 2019, 06:15:57 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, in any other 1st world country this kind of thing would trigger a vote of no confidence on the grounds of being dangerously unfit to be the nation's leader. In the course of half a dozen...I'll say "sentences", he goes from claiming the Soviet Union bankrupted itself and caused its own collapse by being in Afghanistan (reminding me of the time a senile Grampa Simpson pieced together American history from sugar packets) and concludes by saying Russia was "right" to be in Afghanistan. Yay for Soviet occupation! It, er, leads to bankruptcy and dissolution apparently.

Assuming he's not slipping into dementia then he's dangerously stupid. Either way, it's incredible the dumb shit he gets away with that would sink literally anyone else's political career.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 07:11:08 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #780 on: January 03, 2019, 11:53:08 AM »
So this happened to me the other day on Twitter.

I guess he got tired of my suggestions to delete his account and, alternately, to do his job or resign.  Stupid thing was that I hadn't actually done so in a while.

Anyone else gotten blocked by President Dipshit?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #781 on: January 03, 2019, 11:56:14 AM »
So this happened to me the other day on Twitter.

I guess he got tired of my suggestions to delete his account and, alternately, to do his job or resign.  Stupid thing was that I hadn't actually done so in a while.

Anyone else gotten blocked by President Dipshit?

:rollin  Nice. Don Jr. blocked me on Instagram.

You might find this interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/business/media/trump-twitter-block.html

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #782 on: January 03, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »
That's fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #783 on: January 03, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »
:clap: that is awesome Hef

and interesting article Chino and I kind of agree.  If a publicly elected official choses a social media platform to speak to the public, then they shouldn't be able to block the public from engaging.  It's weird how it applies to twitter, but it makes sense to me.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #784 on: January 05, 2019, 09:03:26 AM »
You might find this interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/business/media/trump-twitter-block.html
That's interesting, because here in Finland the attorney general ruled that it was ok for our prime minister to block other people (including at least one fellow MP) on Twitter, because his tweets can be read when you're not logged in.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #785 on: January 06, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »

(The quote is actually from Joseph Fort Newton BTW)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #786 on: January 06, 2019, 01:36:43 PM »
As a fan of the English language, I have to commend Trump for seamlessly referring to himself in both the first and third person, in the same sentence, some days ago.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #787 on: January 07, 2019, 02:26:28 PM »
I am apparently unblocked now.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #788 on: January 07, 2019, 09:20:41 PM »
I am apparently unblocked now.

Bummer.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #789 on: January 14, 2019, 06:18:54 AM »
If Elizabeth Warren, often referred to by me as Pocahontas, did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash!

Classy.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2019, 06:59:20 AM »
Yup, and this is his first salvo in the reelection campaign. Gonna be a long two years man.