Author Topic: iTunes synch issue, need help!  (Read 707 times)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
iTunes synch issue, need help!
« on: April 20, 2017, 02:42:09 AM »
Wonder if anyone can help me with this?

I left my laptop on the other day and it automatically updated to the new Windows  :censored  when this happened it wiped all my music, playlists and play counts from my iTunes library. Is there any way to get this back? All the playlists and music are on my iPod but if I synch it with iTunes now I'll lose it all. Can you synch what is currently on your iPod to your iTunes library without losing it all?

Any help would be great as it'd be a ball ache to have to do it all manually!

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
Re: iTunes synch issue, need help!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 03:43:56 AM »
I did a quick search and found this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-10-lost-itunes-library/58927aaa-5639-40f0-8247-329c9f873a80

Apparently, the update creates a Windows.old directory to keep old settings and stuff. If you're lucky, your iTunes library might be under there..

Good luck!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:09:12 AM »
My suggestion would be to get rid of iTunes. Worst software ever.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:44:59 AM »
I sorta had this issue when installing a new version of itunes on windows sometime ago. The playlists themselves are in some .xml file format and moved elsewhere.  As for the actual music files, you'll have to check int he default directory for itunes if they're there. It should be in the Music folder and under Itunes\itunes Media. If it's not there then like Lgain Ablar suggested, check in the windows.old folder but I somehow doubt it will be there. Usually the installations or upgrade of windows unless you specify doesn't wipe out clean out your folders.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan