Author Topic: The UFO Thread-Pete Way RIP  (Read 35838 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The UFO Thread-Pete Way RIP
« Reply #385 on: August 15, 2023, 02:11:02 PM »
Martian Landscape might just edge out I'm A Loser for my favorite song on No Heavy Petting.

I absolutely love Martian Landscape. And Belladonna for that matter. It's my favorite album by them. I love Schenker on NHP. It's weird because it's the one album that doesn't have his distinctive tone, but his playing is ferocious.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2023, 02:27:35 PM »
Martian Landscape might just edge out I'm A Loser for my favorite song on No Heavy Petting.

I absolutely love Martian Landscape. And Belladonna for that matter. It's my favorite album by them. I love Schenker on NHP. It's weird because it's the one album that doesn't have his distinctive tone, but his playing is ferocious.

That tone you hear in spades on Force It? Easily my favorite UFO album. I love the clean, stripped down, aggressive sound and production on that album. Not to mention the killer songs.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #387 on: August 15, 2023, 02:28:53 PM »

That tone you hear in spades on Force It? Easily my favorite UFO album. I love the clean, stripped down, aggressive sound and production on that album. Not to mention the killer songs.

Exactly. His tone is a bit sinister on NHP, and it's really an outlier for him for the most part.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #388 on: August 15, 2023, 03:14:22 PM »
It's probably because we've been using it as a general UFO thread since the Listening Party ended. We were in the thread a little over a month ago.

my bad bro   I am so bad with tech,,, I tried to find it again used search bar here and wrote ufo and didnt see it but saw this one
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: August 15, 2023, 04:33:36 PM »
It's probably because we've been using it as a general UFO thread since the Listening Party ended. We were in the thread a little over a month ago.

my bad bro   I am so bad with tech,,, I tried to find it again used search bar here and wrote ufo and didnt see it but saw this one

Mate, there's certainly no harm in having 2 main UFO threads!  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2023, 05:58:01 PM »
There's even a UFO thread over in the General forum but I was disappointed to find out it was not about the band.  ;D
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2023, 06:58:56 PM »
There's even a UFO thread over in the General forum but I was disappointed to find out it was not about the band.  ;D

We can change that!  :biggrin:

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #392 on: September 20, 2023, 07:43:55 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #393 on: September 20, 2023, 07:49:55 PM »
Many of these have already been released in one form or another.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #394 on: September 20, 2023, 08:37:08 PM »
Absolutely LOVE the '74-'79 period of the band :metal. I lost interest in UFO after that.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2023, 10:15:23 PM »
TAC will probably say he's already seen this, but a 1980 performance on Rockpalast was posted to YouTube 9 days ago.

https://youtu.be/XsdhlhkO_tU?si=gv_haXIde7Y2HJXo

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2023, 11:14:55 PM »
TAC will probably say he's already seen this, but a 1980 performance on Rockpalast was posted to YouTube 9 days ago.

If I want to watch some live UFO I go for this concert, I love it.  I purchased the CD/DVD.  Really like Chapman on this one.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2023, 04:57:03 AM »

If I want to watch some live UFO I go for this concert, I love it.  I purchased the CD/DVD.  Really like Chapman on this one.

I also have the CD/DVD. Love this show.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #398 on: October 31, 2023, 06:30:39 PM »

SWEEEEET..... love this
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2023, 06:32:41 PM »
Yeah, Paul Chapman is so bad ass in this.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2023, 06:57:38 PM »

I agree bro     they sound great  good era   sound is nice

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: November 01, 2023, 03:25:55 AM »

MY be controversial, but I think I'd take Chapmans version of Love to Love over Schenker......

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #402 on: November 01, 2023, 05:04:44 AM »

MY be controversial, but I think I'd take Chapmans version of Love to Love over Schenker......

I can't go there, but Lawrence Archer does a sick version of it on the Lights Out In Tokyo '92 release.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2023, 06:42:48 AM »
It's my favorite live performance from Chapman's era and it's in video! It has that looser and punchier feel from his era, but also some precision as in the Schenker's era. I just wish that the drums were higher in the mix. As audio recording quality goes, ironically, since the band was a falling apart at the time, I think Headstone is the better one and also has great performances, it just lacks that "one complete show" feel.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2023, 06:46:19 AM »
As audio recording quality goes, ironically, since the band was a falling apart at the time, I think Headstone is the better one and also has great performances, it just lacks that "one complete show" feel.

I would love to get the actual full show. Even the so-called full cd is not that show.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #405 on: November 01, 2023, 06:53:08 AM »
It's my favorite live performance from Chapman's era and it's in video!

Another show that's in video is the 12/8/78 show in New Jersey. It's Paul Chapman's 5th show after Schenker left mid tour. Still has Paul Raymond in the band. Opening for Cheap Trick on this leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqGpp_gKoms

Offline devieira73

« Reply #406 on: November 01, 2023, 09:23:02 AM »
Cool, Tim, that one I didn't know!
This one I think it's really cool with Schenker, although also lasting around 30 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvtPYSejVc
There's any pro footage from the reunion shows?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #407 on: November 01, 2023, 09:31:43 AM »
Cool, Tim, that one I didn't know!
This one I think it's really cool with Schenker, although also lasting around 30 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvtPYSejVc
There's any pro footage from the reunion shows?

Yeah, both of those contain some great footage for sure.
I posted this in the UFO Listening Party, but here's some Holy Grail footage..Fresno 8/9/78 right around the time they recorded the shows to be used for Strangers. Unfortunately the Rock Bottom instrumental section is missing. Watching Phil fuck up Hot n Ready and Paul Raymond just looking at him going WTF is hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-60aw0BOWQ

The Chicago 95 show is a pretty good boot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM6soR6xSO0&t=1107s

« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 10:13:33 AM by TAC »

Offline devieira73

« Reply #408 on: November 01, 2023, 10:01:11 AM »
Thanks, Tim!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #409 on: November 01, 2023, 05:26:38 PM »

I can't go there, but Lawrence Archer does a sick version of it on the Lights Out In Tokyo '92 release.

Archer was also in GRAND SLAM... Phil Lynotts band after Lizzy before he passed

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #410 on: November 01, 2023, 06:00:47 PM »

Yup. And this is a great collection...

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #411 on: November 01, 2023, 06:52:16 PM »

Yup. And this is a great collection...

right on bro...