Author Topic: The Killing  (Read 1039 times)

Offline The Trooper

The Killing
« on: April 03, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »
I work away a lot so sometimes slow on tv shows. If I find one I love I BINGE. The Killing has me fucking hooked. Anyone else watch it?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Killing
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »
I work away a lot so sometimes slow on tv shows. If I find one I love I BINGE. The Killing has me fucking hooked. Anyone else watch it?

I loved this show. However, I've never watched the series finale seasons after it was picked up by Netflix. Been meaning to, but haven't yet.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »
This show started out really good, it's like the serious version of Twin peaks and had a great amount of intrigue and mystery in each episode. The first season I think is my favorite and the episodes leading up to the final season are also great but there is a lot of meandering at times which really made the show suffer. It did however introduce me to Joel Kinnaman who is flat out amazing in this show.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:56:53 PM »
Finished it a few weeks ago. Great show. Made me like Joel Kinnaman. I didn't like him before.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »
I watched this show when it aired. I loved it and then it was cancelled, I believe, and Netflix picked it up for the series end run, which was great too. Wish they would have kept going.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 08:33:44 PM »
Fabulous show. I always recommend the Killing to anyone searching for something to watch on Netflix.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 01:47:48 AM »
I really liked this show too. The chemistry between Linden and Holder was excellent - Joel Kinnaman deserves to be in something a lot better than the Robocop reboot.

The gloomy atmosphere of the show was pretty cool, which made it a bit different than your typical detective show. Plus, it was always raining, in every episode! Did anyone else notice that??  :)

I'd like to see the original Danish show sometime, just to compare: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_(Danish_TV_series)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 02:50:57 AM »
I only saw the original Danish version, all three series of it. It's Glorious.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 09:37:01 PM »
One of my favorite crime TV shows. Which says a lot considering how picky I am these days given that the crime genre is saturated with such bullshit. Truly a work of art; the characters, the dialogue, the story, the cinematography, all of it is gorgeous...and horrifically bleak. :heart :millahhhh

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »
Definitely not the best Kubrick film, but not as bad as others might say.

.........am I doing this right?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 10:18:30 PM »

The gloomy atmosphere of the show was pretty cool, which made it a bit different than your typical detective show. Plus, it was always raining, in every episode! Did anyone else notice that??

Yup. It was filmed in Vancouver, where I live. It's almost always raining here, sadly.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 12:55:17 AM »
Just like home for me! I live in Ireland, and we too have our fair share of wet weather. Sometimes, watching the show was like looking out of the window..  :lol