Author Topic: Yoga appreciation  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Isolde

Yoga appreciation
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
started a yoga class for my major (nursing) because its required you have a PE/Wellness class to get into the clinical portion of the program but the most amazing thing ever happened! Yoga is so awesome! Any other Yoga fans out there?  :heart

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Yoga appreciation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
Personally, I thought it was kind of a jerk move for him and Obi Wan to lie to Luke about Vader being his father.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:03 PM »
Ironically, an entire sub-forum was locked for something like the reply above this one. :loser:

I don't do yoga, but I sometimes take time to just lay on my floor and relax to some good music. It's good for unwinding.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »
I do yoga if my Wii Fit tells me to.

Offline Isolde

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:47:13 AM »
Ironically, an entire sub-forum was locked for something like the reply above this one. :loser:

I don't do yoga, but I sometimes take time to just lay on my floor and relax to some good music. It's good for unwinding.

there is a pose in yoga the 'corpse pose' where you just lay there, hand on your heart, hand on your stomach to feel your life force (breath and beating heart) where you just basically relax, typically done at the end of a yoga session. you never know you might like yoga - should give it a try!  :laugh:

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »
started a yoga class for my major (nursing) because its required you have a PE/Wellness class to get into the clinical portion of the program but the most amazing thing ever happened! Yoga is so awesome! Any other Yoga fans out there?  :heart

I enjoy yoga, sometimes I'll do it before I meditate. I should do it more frequently.

Offline Tuneman

• Banned from P/R
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 01:53:39 PM »
I always wanted to confirm/deny the rumor that people who do yoga are better in bed.

Offline Isolde

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 03:51:05 PM »
I always wanted to confirm/deny the rumor that people who do yoga are better in bed.

if you happen to research this matter, please do share your results with the forums!!  :laugh:

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »
Funny, I just did yoga for the first time in a while this morning. It is awesome, but I don't do it as much as I should. Really helps with relaxing, breathing, energy, mood, flexibility...
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:58:18 AM »
I missed this thread -thanks for posting it. Yes I think it's amazing. I'm taking holidays to get better at it.

It's great for relaxation I've found. I was there this week in a really strenuous position thinking "this pain is great, it's fantastic" and it helped to transmute tension.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 09:51:31 AM »
Did yoga for the very first time this weekend and thought it was pretty cool.

Definitely really fantastic for stretching and flexibility. I could see myself doing it again sometime.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 11:03:26 AM »
love the pants
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 02:04:54 PM »
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE yoga! I used to go to classes 3 or 4 times a week but it's been awhile. It's really the best thing you can do for yourself the older you get.  :metal

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 02:51:56 PM »
This has to be some kind of record bump - almost 10 years!!  I saw some of those user names and thought " holy shit!"

Back on topic, I just did P90 Yoga-X on Sunday.  I like to do it 2 or 3 times a month to try and stay limber.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline PetFish

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »
I definitely appreciate Baby Yoga.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 07:12:34 PM »
I definitely appreciate Baby Yoga.

Groga??
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion