Author Topic: The Beardfish Thread  (Read 20147 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: The Beardfish Thread
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
 :censored :censored

The only positive is that they didn't end by releasing weak albums and hang on too long.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2016, 04:04:28 PM »
:censored :censored

The only positive is that they didn't end by releasing weak albums and hang on too long.

Yes.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2016, 08:25:32 PM »
my heart hurts over this one  :sadpanda:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2016, 08:53:21 AM »
You know, I kind of admire them for quitting now while they're ahead.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread I always felt like the production values on their albums was the biggest thing holding them back because this is one talented bunch.

My guess is there will be at least one new prog band born from this, and maybe even more.  Who knows?

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2016, 05:32:30 PM »
my heart hurts over this one  :sadpanda:

Mine does also.  So many great songs.  The epic Sleeping in Traffic is one hell of a prog monster.  Not too many 20 minute songs can hold my attention and this one is 35 minutes.

Also, I almost cried when I heard the song Comfort Zone.  That song is so me.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2016, 05:51:43 PM »
I never really got into this band. I remember Sleeping in Traffic: Part One being a solid listen, but it never wowed me or even made me want to go back to it.  Perhaps I will revisit it here soon.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »
I haven't listened in a while, but I thought of them over the weekend when I remembered one of them released a solo album. Damn...

Offline HOF

« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2023, 10:31:52 PM »
I know there are fans here, but Beardfish appear to have reformed. They are currently in the studio together, and are scheduled to play a festival somewhere in May.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=871960191152473&set=pb.100050155013901.-2207520000

(I sheepishly have to admit I have not really checked out much from Beardfish despite being a big fan of Rikard's work in Big Big Train and Gungfly, but they're on my list of things to get to eventually!)

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2023, 10:51:40 PM »
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little happy about this. Considering his last 2 Gungfly albums were veering very close to Beardfish territory I am surprised and equally not surprised.

So hoping for a full length album. I was expecting another Gungfly album to pop up soon, but I'll take this everyday.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2023, 12:48:34 AM »
What a wild coincidence - I just decided to fill out the rest of my Beardfish collection today by ordering 3 of the 4 albums I was missing since I only had half of their discography (SIT parts 1 and 2, DS, and Mammoth are the ones I've had for years). The only one I don't have yet will be The Sane Day, which seems very hard to find for a decent price.

I also just got the Rumbling 5 CD box set of Rikard/Gungfly albums to fill out my Gungfly collection too. I guess I manifested this reunion out of thin air with my orders this past week.  :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline HOF

« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2023, 07:27:25 AM »
What a wild coincidence - I just decided to fill out the rest of my Beardfish collection today by ordering 3 of the 4 albums I was missing since I only had half of their discography (SIT parts 1 and 2, DS, and Mammoth are the ones I've had for years). The only one I don't have yet will be The Sane Day, which seems very hard to find for a decent price.

I also just got the Rumbling 5 CD box set of Rikard/Gungfly albums to fill out my Gungfly collection too. I guess I manifested this reunion out of thin air with my orders this past week.  :lol

-Marc.

You did it, Marc!

Apparently they are also playing the final Night of the Prog in Loreley as well.

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2023, 07:28:20 AM »
Apparently they are also playing the final Night of the Prog in Loreley as well.

Fortunately, they do!  :metal
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2023, 07:39:25 AM »
Hey, that's exciting news!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2023, 08:56:45 AM »
They fired up a new Instagram account and I have been following. They are very clearly recording a new record and have been posting snippets of each of them recording. The most recent post was of Rikard going nuts on the keys. 2024 is looking very bright.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history