Author Topic: Dream Theater World interviews James LaBrie  (Read 5685 times)

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Re: Dream Theater World interviews James LaBrie
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 01:38:24 PM »
James still retains his Canadian accent!

Why wouldn't he? He still lives in Toronto.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
noxon -- thanks for doing the interview. Nice job with it.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
Yes.  Chris was essentially in the band.  Only problem was, their last vocalist was a guy named Steve Stone.  They made the mistake of announcing him as their new vocalist after only knowing him for a few days and him not having any real history fronting a band or rehearsing with them.  They already had a show booked and they had him come out for the last part of it where he blew his voice out, kept yelling "Scream for me Long Beach!" when they were playing in Bay Shore, and was fired immediately after
How i wish a video of this existed  :lol :lol :rollin
He must have been pretty damn drunk, because no Long Islander worth their salt would confuse Long Beach and Bay Shore.  :lol
He wasn't from Long Island, so there you go. FYI, he was based out of Seattle when he auditioned for the band, tho not sure if that's where he was from originally. Pretty sure that detail is in Lifting Shadows but I don't have time to double check.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »

He must have been pretty damn drunk, because no Long Islander worth their salt would confuse Long Beach and Bay Shore.  :lol
He wasn't from Long Island, so there you go. FYI, he was based out of Seattle when he auditioned for the band, tho not sure if that's where he was from originally. Pretty sure that detail is in Lifting Shadows but I don't have time to double check.

That explains it. I think you're right. I owned (and later sold) a copy of Lifting Shadows (first edition hardback). I regret it now. But yes, I think he was from Seattle. Sold himself as a Tate-like clone or something?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »

Yes.  Chris was essentially in the band.  Only problem was, their last vocalist was a guy named Steve Stone.  They made the mistake of announcing him as their new vocalist after only knowing him for a few days and him not having any real history fronting a band or rehearsing with them.  They already had a show booked and they had him come out for the last part of it where he blew his voice out, kept yelling "Scream for me Long Beach!" when they were playing in Bay Shore, and was fired immediately after

There is a pretty poor quality audio bootleg somewhere. 

How i wish a video of this existed  :lol :lol :rollin