Author Topic: Knowing when to jump ship  (Read 12425 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Knowing when to jump ship
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2017, 09:33:38 PM »
Ozzy - Ozmosis was the end for me.  IMO, there's one good song - "Thunder Underground".  The rest is "bleh". 

I fucking love Ozzmosis, but Thunder Underground is one of the two skip tracks for me. :lol
Down to Earth seems to be very underrated. It's a solid album. Even Black Rain has a couple of decent tracks, although the most recent album killed my interest entirely. I'm sure if he did another album I'd still check it out though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:39:58 PM by BlobVanDam »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2017, 06:12:21 AM »
Ozzy - Ozmosis was the end for me.  IMO, there's one good song - "Thunder Underground".  The rest is "bleh". 

I fucking love Ozzmosis, but Thunder Underground is one of the two skip tracks for me. :lol
Down to Earth seems to be very underrated. It's a solid album. Even Black Rain has a couple of decent tracks, although the most recent album killed my interest entirely. I'm sure if he did another album I'd still check it out though.

I feel the same as you Blob.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2017, 03:27:22 AM »
I walked away from DT when Black clouds came out. They were my favorite band in the world, but it was time. SC had come out and I was like "that was ok I guess, but I'm curious what they do next" and then Black clouds came out and that was it.

1. A nightmare to remember- already turned off by the pun. Not a bad song, but of course there's that one part we all know about, which was
       absolutely 100% not for me, at least not from DT.

2. Rite of passage is so so for me.

3. Wither is decent

4. Shattered fortress. I like the AA suite, but this entry revisits old themes too much. I would rather just listen to the song they originated from.

5. Best of times- Not a bad song, but its stuck on an album I don't care for, so I just don't really listen to it.

6. The count- 2/3 incredible, 1/3 cheese. The opening blew my mind when I first heard it and even brought a tear to my eye. It was beautiful and then it goes into the smoking on his pipe section where it gets fast and heavy (and not in a good way) with MP singing quite a bit. (And I like MP's backup vocals, but not when they are so overt) and then the song goes back to being beautiful agains. A scarred jem, a flawed masterpiece to me personally and that bothered me.

So I am already off-put by this lopsided album and Then I saw them live for this album and they all looked miserable except MP, so I was like fuck it. I'm done, and didn't listen to DT until all the shit went down and then when ADTOE came out, my love for dream theater came right back and I love them again just as much as I ever did :smiley:

And I am happy to say that they aren't the only band to be able to win me back, which is a great feeling.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2017, 03:37:26 AM »
That's awesome, glad to hear DT won you back!   Metallica just won me back with their new album,  I haven't been into them for many years..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP