Author Topic: LEGION on FX  (Read 10634 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: LEGION on FX
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
Loved the finale. The ending was some of the coolest stuff this show has done.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:25 PM »
Loved the finale. The ending was some of the coolest stuff this show has done.

Was that the Finale? Then that speaks well to the next season. Was glad to see them get back on track with David (and his powers) being the main focus
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2018, 01:06:39 PM »
Yeah, I've actually thought throughout the season that we haven't actually gotten much insight as to how powerful David is. We've heard some mentions of it, but mostly we've just seen that he's a powerful psychic. Glad to finally experience in full what it means to be an 'omega' level mutant.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2018, 05:04:06 AM »
Yeah, had to watch that final five minutes twice to get it. He basically just said: 'f-it, I'm out!'  :lol It's been a ride and sometimes a chore to watch though. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2018, 07:12:06 AM »
Yeah, had to watch that final five minutes twice to get it. He basically just said: 'f-it, I'm out!'  :lol It's been a ride and sometimes a chore to watch though.

This season had a few slow spots. The show was already ‘artsy’ to begin with.....I think they got a little carried away at times and went a little too over the top with how ‘artsy’ they made it.

I think where they suffered was not incorporating David into the story more and showcasing his power. Instead, they focused a lot on the secondary characters which honestly....aren’t all that interesting.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2018, 06:58:13 AM »
I watched the last episode last night. Overall it was good but the season as a whole was a bit underwhelming. And I felt that it was just a little too stupid that they would release Faruq after all he had done and all the effort they had put into capturing and judging him. Also, if David is supposed to end the world, why the hell would they push him like that?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2018, 07:38:52 AM »
I watched the last episode last night. Overall it was good but the season as a whole was a bit underwhelming. And I felt that it was just a little too stupid that they would release Faruq after all he had done and all the effort they had put into capturing and judging him. Also, if David is supposed to end the world, why the hell would they push him like that?

I thought the same thing. Why release a powerful being like Faruq after everything they had done to contain and destroy him? As I mentioned....I think this season suffered from taking the focus off of David for the majority of the season. He was/is the main character and the reason the first season worked so well is because it focused on 'him'. Trying to spend more time on all the other characters this second season really drug the story out and just wasn't as compelling. It didn't return to form until the final episode...which was a good one....but it was a tad too late.

Curious to see what the third season will bring.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »
Legion is done after the upcoming 3rd season. They claim that Hawley only had a 3 season vision and is sticking to it. They claim this isn't a cancellation but rather ending on their own terms. I don't know. At least we know we should get some sort of closure to the story.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02/05/legion-could-return-future-marvel-tv-head/
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2019, 06:41:24 AM »
I’m fine with that....especially if that’s been the plan all along. While I enjoyed season 1 more than season 2....I think the back half of season 2 started to pick the momentum up and get ‘back on track’ a bit. I’ll certainly be watching.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2019, 09:30:17 AM »
Still need to watch season 2. It's finally on HULU. I just know how intense it is and I want to make sure I'm in the right mind for it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »
Final season premiere is tonight. Looking forward to this.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2019, 05:20:55 PM »
Yep. Have the DVR set.  :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »
Holy smokes what a cool....fun.....awesome episode! This was in the vein of S1 for sure. Pumped for the rest

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2019, 07:31:31 PM »
It amazes me how this show continues to stun me with its weirdness. Just some of the little things make me laugh. The dude in the TV talking to Switch, he braces himself when the guys come to move the TV like he's going to feel it or something. The whole Looney Tunes thing with the Alchemist and the hook.

I'm so going to miss this show.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2019, 08:06:30 PM »
It amazes me how this show continues to stun me with its weirdness. Just some of the little things make me laugh. The dude in the TV talking to Switch, he braces himself when the guys come to move the TV like he's going to feel it or something. The whole Looney Tunes thing with the Alchemist and the hook.

I'm so going to miss this show.

Totally agree. It’s the attention to that type of silly, ridiculous detail that is a highlight of the show.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »
This week's episode was something. Totally focused on Charles. Plus we got what was probably the Mark I Cerebro. I came out of the episode with some theories but want to wait to see if I'm totally off base or not. The end game is starting to come together.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2019, 12:38:59 PM »
This week's episode was something. Totally focused on Charles. Plus we got what was probably the Mark I Cerebro. I came out of the episode with some theories but want to wait to see if I'm totally off base or not. The end game is starting to come together.

It was really good. I thought S3 was the 'weakest' of them and it didn't get good until the final couple episodes....but thus far this season has been spot on  :tup

And I loved the actors they had for his mom and dad. It took me a moment to realize why I knew the actor playing his dad....then I was like "That's Danyerus's Brother!!"  :lol    I dug his mom to from when she was in 'Mr. Robot'

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »
I went a bit nerdier with the Professor. It occurred to me that he was a prominent villain on a David Tennant era Doctor Who two-parter. The Family of Blood. Plus, I did know that he was Dany's brother.

And, yes, I was digging on Mrs. Professor X myself.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2019, 10:03:10 PM »
Got a bit behind but just caught up and am ready for the finale. I have no idea where this is going. No clue who might win or how this might end.

On a side note, got to love the rap battle with Oliver.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2019, 08:26:11 AM »
SPOILERS BELOW

So, what a show!! I mean, I thought that all in all this was a pretty excellent show. I did think the first half of S2 didn't 'compete' with how good S1 was....but, it got back on track and then this S3 was freaking awesome! Such a trippy, fun...ride. The writing was incredible and the production/visuals were top notch. It was just done really well.

As far as how they ended it....I was a bit sad for Sydney and the gang. I mean, I know 'they' get a new life and start over but 'they' essentially died. And, truth be told Furook came out 'on top'. not only did he live, but there's two of him  :lol  I'm just wondering if the David we knew was able to 'join' himself in baby form being that he is a super powered being....or if he too just faded off into time with Sydney?

Either way it was a neat ending....left me satisfied.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2019, 03:06:58 PM »
LOVED the ending.  Great show.  Definitely the best of the Marvel TV shows thus far, IMHO.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2019, 08:52:32 PM »
LOVED the ending.  Great show.  Definitely the best of the Marvel TV shows thus far, IMHO.

Absolutely the best of them. I have been saying this pretty much from season 1. As much as I love the Netflix Defender shows, they just couldn't touch Legion.

The ending was very Travelers. Sad, but also happy. Going to miss this show something fierce.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2019, 07:49:58 AM »
The ending was very Travelers. Sad, but also happy. Going to miss this show something fierce.

So much this. It was a perfect ending yet I was sad as well. As I said before...I was just sad for Sydney and Co. that 'they' were dying or passing on or whatever even though 'they' were going to get a whole new fresh life.

What do you guys think happened to Furook? Did the Furook that we knew for the bulk of the series cease to exist as well and it was just the 'old' Furook who lived or did both of them live? And, do you think the David we knew from the bulk of the series vanished for good or did he find a way to inhabit himself in baby form due to his power? Those two characters if any would seemingly be able to 'cheat' the system.

Or is it just as simple as all involved now have a fresh new start and the characters we knew vanished into thin air.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2019, 08:38:09 AM »

Or is it just as simple as all involved now have a fresh new start and the characters we knew vanished into thin air.

This is my take. Everyone we have come to know in the first 2+ seasons are gone, except for Switch. Everyone except for her is starting over.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »

This is my take. Everyone we have come to know in the first 2+ seasons are gone, except for Switch. Everyone except for her is starting over.

that's how it came off.....it's just hard to believe that it'd be that 'simple' given how intricate and 'complicated' the show was for 3 seasons  :lol   I feel like I'm looking for it to be more than it was....which what it was was perfect for the show.....I guess the show conditioned me to think there was more to it.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2019, 02:04:25 PM »
Saw an interview over on Den of Geek with the actor who played Farouk and he confirmed that everyone starts over, including him and David.

Even the author of the story mentioned the same thing you did, he was surprised by the cut and dried ending and that it wasn't Legion quirky. I would almost consider that, in itself, Legion quirky. The ending defied expectations.

I'll admit, I was surprised myself but I also wasn't disappointed either. Chalk that up to good writing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2019, 02:38:15 PM »
Although Farouk ‘starts over’ it would seem that he essentially ‘won’ as not only is he the most powerful ‘omega’ out there......he would now have all his future selfs memories/experience etc etc being that he was shown everything by his future self.

Not that it’s a bad thing given that he had come around by that point and wasn’t really ‘evil’ per say....but given the fate of everyone else involved it seems he got to cheat death a bit.