Author Topic: LEGION on FX  (Read 10628 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: LEGION on FX
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 08:00:52 AM »
Loved the season and this show.....but the Finale was the weakest episode of them all IMO. Still a good episode but when stacked up against the rest of them it was my least favorite.
???  No way!  I thought it was a great episode, and a great ending to this season.

That aftercredits scene though!  :eek

I still liked the episode. It was just the most 'normal' episode of the season.  :lol   I missed the trippy aspect the other episodes had.

And yeah, that post credits scene. WTF?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2017, 05:12:51 PM »
Yea, I'm with my STL buddy.

Good episode, but much more straightforward and comic booky than the others, which I get since they had to end the story in a way that made some kind of sense.

I never thought I'd say that Jemaine Clement was one of the best parts of a comic book show, but man was he good, just such a swagger. I honestly didn't see the ending with him coming, should have though.

And yea, post credits scene....woah.

Over all, this might be the best comic book show ever, though it's hard to compare to any of the others because it's barely the same medium.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2017, 03:54:23 AM »
I think you're right. Gotto say though, from those early trailers, I could make head nor tails from it. Just kept wondering what the hell did I just watch. Seeing it in context though, this is a fabulously executed show.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2017, 07:13:46 AM »
Yeah, they wrapped up the season nicely and gave us a coherent (largely) episode...and then we get the post credit scene  :lol  It shall be interesting to see what they come up with for next year. My thinking is that they might struggle to please their audience.

Oh, and what was up with the timeline/art direction in this show. Was it really the early 70's or were these people just stuck in the past. One minute folks have hair styles, clothes and tech from the 70's, the next they're communicating through a 70" flat panel hanging on the wall. There are other examples. How did you guys see it?
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »
Yeah, they wrapped up the season nicely and gave us a coherent (largely) episode...and then we get the post credit scene  :lol  It shall be interesting to see what they come up with for next year. My thinking is that they might struggle to please their audience.

I'm concerned about that as well. Inaugural Seasons that are so good...like this one was ala American Horror Stories first season.....are so tough to match. There's an expectation now and not many shows can pull off living up to that expectation. It'll be interesting to see.

Oh, and what was up with the timeline/art direction in this show. Was it really the early 70's or were these people just stuck in the past. One minute folks have hair styles, clothes and tech from the 70's, the next they're communicating through a 70" flat panel hanging on the wall. There are other examples. How did you guys see it?

Yeah...it was tough to tell if this was set in the late 70's early 80's or if it was just that group of mutants that were using the 'old' tech. But the group that was hunting them had advanced technology....so it makes me lean towards Davids' crew was just stuck in the past so to speak.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2017, 09:32:04 AM »
Read somewhere that the time period is intentionally all over the place to hint at David being an "unreliable narrator". I'm also pretty sure I posted that in this thread at some point but that seems to be gone now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
Read somewhere that the time period is intentionally all over the place to hint at David being an "unreliable narrator". I'm also pretty sure I posted that in this thread at some point but that seems to be gone now.
I remember reading that in an interview.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:03 PM »
Just started watching the show today and I love it so far. End of episode 3 right now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 05:10:22 PM »
Season 2 starts tonight!   :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2018, 10:06:51 PM »
This show picked up right where it left off. Psychedelic, and heady and really well done.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »
Best Marvel show on, hands down. Watched it when it first ran and re-watched Season 1 over the weekend to get refreshed.

Haven't seen 2x01 yet and it is killing me. Should get to see it tonight.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 05:14:00 PM »
Best Marvel show on, hands down. Watched it when it first ran and re-watched Season 1 over the weekend to get refreshed.

Haven't seen 2x01 yet and it is killing me. Should get to see it tonight.

I was concerned they wouldn’t be able to match that unique, intelligent style of storytelling that they had in season 1.

If the first episode of season 2 is any indication that won’t be an issue.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 07:43:44 AM »
I saw an interview or something recently. I think it was Aubrey Plaza. Essentially, whoever it was said that if you thought Season 1 was trippy and out there, Season 2 is 10 times as trippy.

Based on that first episode, I get it.

Also, have to love another episode 1 dance scene!

Man, I just love this show.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 07:54:07 AM »
Yeah, first episode was great. I spent much of it thinking ”what the hell is going on”, but I think they did a good job of giving enough information by the end to make you understand in broad strokes where the season will go.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2018, 10:33:07 AM »
That dance scene was awesome.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2018, 12:03:48 PM »
Just watched the first episode. I missed the mindfuck honestly and the artistic approach this show provides.

That dance scene was awesome.

So awesome
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2018, 06:48:26 AM »
It pains me to say this but outside the season premier episode I’ve found the rest of the episodes this season just ‘ so so ‘ .  When comparing them to the first season they are falling way short in my eyes. Could be just me but as I said, other than episode 1 the others have felt sub par for what this show has usually produced.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2018, 06:58:27 AM »
Only watched 2 so far. The second one was OK, nothing special really. I think the issue is that in season 1 we had no idea what the hell was going on and everything was so new and the approach was so different that it really caught your attention. I feel that now that the fancy and crazy approach is settled, they have to work on the story a bit more and that's not happening so far.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2018, 07:12:33 AM »
Is it bad that I say that I had trouble keeping my eyes open during the second episode? 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2018, 08:51:53 AM »
Only watched 2 so far. The second one was OK, nothing special really. I think the issue is that in season 1 we had no idea what the hell was going on and everything was so new and the approach was so different that it really caught your attention. I feel that now that the fancy and crazy approach is settled, they have to work on the story a bit more and that's not happening so far.

Yeah....I think that's it. I think the issue for me also is that the first season focused on David and these insane abilities that he has and thus far in the second season there has been hardly any focus on him...or his abilities. And the story is suffering for it.

Is it bad that I say that I had trouble keeping my eyes open during the second episode? 

Nope, in fact....outside of the first episode every episode since I've had the same issue. Half due to the fact I've been watching them at 10:30-11:00 at night...and the fact that they've been that dull at times.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
Much better episode this week....more on par with what I had come to expect from the show. And, the previews for next week look to be just as interesting.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2018, 12:17:53 PM »
Maybe you and I watched a different episode altogether because the last one I watched was just dreadful and boring. I'm still trying to figure out if it's laying some groundwork for what's to come, but I felt it was filler.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2018, 12:38:23 PM »
Maybe you and I watched a different episode altogether because the last one I watched was just dreadful and boring. I'm still trying to figure out if it's laying some groundwork for what's to come, but I felt it was filler.

Was it this weeks episode? The explanation of how Lennie (Lenore) is now alive again? I thought that one was much better.

but, I will say that this season thus far has been a pretty dramatic downswing compared to season 1. That first season was pretty magical as far as TV goes. This season just can't seem to capture that 'feel' again.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2018, 12:54:55 PM »

Was it this weeks episode? The explanation of how Lennie (Lenore) is now alive again? I thought that one was much better.

but, I will say that this season thus far has been a pretty dramatic downswing compared to season 1. That first season was pretty magical as far as TV goes. This season just can't seem to capture that 'feel' again.

No, I haven't watched that one yet. I was talking about the previous episode.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »

No, I haven't watched that one yet. I was talking about the previous episode.

I'll agree then that outside of the first episode this season....the subsequent two were pretty underwhelming. this weeks episode was a return to form so to speak.....but all in all this season is lacking that 'wow' factor that the first season had.....for me at least.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »
I'm a little behind but wanted to drop this here. I'm with them, this is worrisome.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/legion/273135/legion-season-2-gets-extra-episode-is-this-bad-news

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2018, 12:25:24 AM »
I'm a little behind but wanted to drop this here. I'm with them, this is worrisome.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/legion/273135/legion-season-2-gets-extra-episode-is-this-bad-news

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. As I’ve mentioned a couple times.....this season hasn’t come anywhere close to how good season one was.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »
Finally digging into season one, on Ep5 right now. Though I'm digging the visuals and the production of the show, I think the story is just a bit too convoluted for me. I'm having an absolute bitch of a time following the story, and am only capable with help from online synopsis of them. Will finish it of course, but damn it's a chore.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2018, 01:37:32 PM »
Finally digging into season one, on Ep5 right now. Though I'm digging the visuals and the production of the show, I think the story is just a bit too convoluted for me. I'm having an absolute bitch of a time following the story, and am only capable with help from online synopsis of them. Will finish it of course, but damn it's a chore.

My son and I really like this show, but a couple of weeks ago he said, "Wait, we're not supposed to know what's going on, right?  Maybe we're just dumb."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »

My son and I really like this show, but a couple of weeks ago he said, "Wait, we're not supposed to know what's going on, right?  Maybe we're just dumb."

Thank god I'm not the only one, been itching to talk to my daughter about it. She hyped it up pretty good, and while it's lived up to that hype, I just feel so behind all the time.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2018, 07:48:02 PM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »
Season 3 confirmed!

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/legion/273912/legion-season-3-confirmed-at-fx

I have to say.....this surprises me. This season has been suffering the sophomore slump in my eyes. Still intriguing enough to watch....not that bad.....but hasn’t captured my attention like the first season did. Then, with the after the fact bonus episode shooting I thought for sure that was to wrap up the series.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2018, 06:55:31 AM »
I don't actually remember if season 1 was like this too, maybe I was just too surprised by the new weird style the show had to notice, but I feel like season 2 is taking a bit too long to get the point. Like you said, I still like it, and it's interesting, but it feels like there have been a few too many episodes that haven't really gotten much of value done. And it has been a bit too David-less at times it feels like.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2018, 09:47:09 PM »
Season 3 confirmed!

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/legion/273912/legion-season-3-confirmed-at-fx

I have to say.....this surprises me. This season has been suffering the sophomore slump in my eyes. Still intriguing enough to watch....not that bad.....but hasn’t captured my attention like the first season did. Then, with the after the fact bonus episode shooting I thought for sure that was to wrap up the series.

I actually had a thought today regarding the extra episode. Legion episodes tend to run as long as they want to. I don't wonder, if during the editing process, that Ep. 10 was pushing 2 hours and they decided to split it. That's honestly the only reason I can see being granted an extra episode, assuming they had already decided on Season 3.

In the end, who knows if we'll be told the real reason. Just seemed odd.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 10:09:25 AM »
This last episode was a return to form, and it was all due to the fact it was focused on David and showcasing his 'abilities' and just how powerful the dude is. This season has been a mis mash of ups and downs....with only a handful of really good episodes. Hopefully they hear some criticisms and take it to heart and re-focus the series next season on it's best character and stop worrying about the ancillary characters so much.

But, I did love the full circle of the revelation of the 'delusion' concept....and how we basically saw David as he thought he was and not who he actually was. Very neat.