Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211650 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #3115 on: February 04, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »
If that is overnturned there’s major BS going on.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline DT2003

« Reply #3116 on: February 04, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »
Glad they didn’t overturn that. That was absolutely a catch.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3117 on: February 04, 2018, 08:02:29 PM »
Let's go Brady. All this Tom vs Time bullshit. You put that out SB week, you better fucking deliver.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3118 on: February 04, 2018, 08:02:44 PM »
That was pretty flagrant on that 2-pt attempt . . .

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3119 on: February 04, 2018, 08:03:36 PM »
I call Tuck Rule! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3120 on: February 04, 2018, 08:07:09 PM »
Very happy for Nick Foles. Good for him. He played a great game.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3121 on: February 04, 2018, 08:17:44 PM »
Well, I'm bracing myself for when they burn philly to the ground in celebration  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3122 on: February 04, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
Eagles deserved it.  Great game.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #3123 on: February 04, 2018, 08:19:14 PM »
Well, I'm bracing myself for when they burn philly to the ground in celebration  :lol

I was going to say something, but you beat me to it  :lol
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3124 on: February 04, 2018, 08:29:17 PM »

I think that was going to happen, win or lose. :lol :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3125 on: February 04, 2018, 08:34:15 PM »

I think that was going to happen, win or lose. :lol :lol

I’m honestly more excited about what the hell is going to happen to Philly than I was about the game.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3126 on: February 04, 2018, 08:47:13 PM »
Seemed to be a killer game, I missed the fourth quarter since it's meeting night, but was eagerly following on my phone. Congrats to the Iggles, please don't burn Philly down.

Eagles deserved it.  Great game.

Now that my friends is losing with grace.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3127 on: February 04, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »

It was going to burn to the ground win or lose. This coming from my gf who was a long time philly resident.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3128 on: February 04, 2018, 08:56:42 PM »
The Patriots losing doesn't bother me at all. Philadelphia winning a superbowl upsets me to no end. Here's praying for a night of bloodshed, arson, and horse punching. If I don't wake up to a double digit body count I'm going to be even more upset.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3129 on: February 04, 2018, 09:08:27 PM »
I didn't see that coming at all. I didn't for a second think the Pats wouldn't win till the Eagles kicked the final FG.

Brady was 28/48 for 505 with 3/0 TDs/INTs. Good lord.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3130 on: February 04, 2018, 09:15:11 PM »
That was an unbelievably entertaining game. Wow. The refs should swallow their whistles during the regular season too.

Hey NFL head coaches, see what happens when you have guts and huge balls? You play to win and you can actually win. Tomlin would have screwed that game up 6 ways to Sunday.

Very happy for Foles and the Eagles, and congrats to NE for playing a great game.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3131 on: February 04, 2018, 09:24:31 PM »
Peterson made some balsy calls.  He needed to and they all worked out.  Pats left points in the red zone early and late their D made the play that mattered. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3132 on: February 04, 2018, 10:08:03 PM »
That was an unbelievably entertaining game. Wow. The refs should swallow their whistles during the regular season too.

Hey NFL head coaches, see what happens when you have guts and huge balls? You play to win and you can actually win. Tomlin would have screwed that game up 6 ways to Sunday.

Very happy for Foles and the Eagles, and congrats to NE for playing a great game.

It’s amazing what happens when the refs let the players do their thing. As long as they’re calling dirty plays and obvious penalties, they’re doing their jobs. That what happened tonight and it resulted in a great game.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline dparrott

« Reply #3133 on: February 05, 2018, 01:18:51 AM »
I'm much happier seeing the Eagles get their first instead of Pats get their 6th.  I would think a lot of people lost money on this one.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3134 on: February 05, 2018, 05:16:28 AM »
A lot of talk this morning on why would Butler be benched. It came out right before kickoff.  You could see Butler crying durring the anthem.

What did he do?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3135 on: February 05, 2018, 05:24:36 AM »
Excellent game.  I missed the 1st qtr due to b-day dinner for Mrs. Jingle.  Also missed the Foles TD catch because she was in the hot-tub waiting for me.

Refs called a good game, let them play without calling the nit-picky stuff.  Great end result after the reviews of those 2 Philly TDs.  Collinsworth and Michaels were annoying as fuck during those reviews.  Though, the former did have a great statement earlier - "There have been more passes to quarterbacks than there have been punts".

I'm much happier seeing the Eagles get their first instead of Pats get their 6th.  I would think a lot of people lost money on this one.

Bingo.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online faizoff

« Reply #3136 on: February 05, 2018, 05:46:07 AM »
Great Superbowl and the Eagles battled it out, they weren't going to choke out like the Falcons did but at one point I thought they would. I think I'm most upset with the commentating by Collinsworth, it felt like at times he wasn't watching the same game as me. He was talking about the last two Eagles TDs like they were huge questionable calls and the refs were wildly inconsistent with their calling, I was like WTF is he talking about. The last TD was clear as day, WR catches the ball and becomes the runner and crosses the goal line plane. Unless he had a ton of money riding on the Pats in Vegas he was just not willing to acknowledge some of these Eagles plays.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3137 on: February 05, 2018, 06:01:45 AM »
I didn't get the announcers on that touchdown call either. He clearly took like three steps after catching the ball. It was not a close call at all to me. Though I get their point that it's hard to know how the refs are going to call it after replay these days.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3138 on: February 05, 2018, 06:07:06 AM »
It's like Collinsworth and Michaels (especially the former) were looking for a reason that they would be over-turned.  Comparing Ertz's catch to James' was just dumb.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3139 on: February 05, 2018, 06:17:23 AM »
That was a touchdown.  he took 3 steps before reaching for the endzone.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3140 on: February 05, 2018, 06:51:54 AM »
In games like this you can easily see how you are at the absolute mercy of the refs. So many huge plays, 4th down plays, etc they could have swung that game whenever and however they wanted if they had chosen to do so.

I’m hoping this game results in a paradigm shift in the conservatism of nfl head coaches.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3141 on: February 05, 2018, 06:53:13 AM »
Good game. Had fun watching. I won $75 off my $15 worth of squares. I'm happy with that.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #3142 on: February 05, 2018, 06:55:02 AM »
With the way the NFL has been lately, I was thinking they were going to overturn that one. I'm really happy that Philly won though. I know there are some good NE fans here so I mean no offense by this, but I think it's good for the NFL that Philly won. In the back of my head the entire playoffs I was telling myself NE was going to win it all again, so I'm glad I was wrong. I picked against Philly in every single playoff game.

Now I'm going to try to avoid Eagles blogs/etc. so I can continue to be happy for the team that they won.  :facepalm:

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3143 on: February 05, 2018, 07:13:13 AM »
I don't want to take anything away from the Eagle Offense. Foles had 2 bad throws ALL game. The play calling was fantastic. The offensive line was great. The defense had trouble containing the best QB in the NFL so no surprise there.

BUT... The patriots blew that game. They got out coached. McDaniels didn't call a great game. They finally get Gronk involved in the third and then go away from him. They use Rex Burkhead on ONE drive where he kills it and then goes away. The kicking game hurt them.  I called the game in the third after the missed tackle led to a TD (which should have been overturned) which is mentioned by Peter King in his SI article: "I think this was just a sloppy game for the New England defense. Time and again, the Patriots missed tackles and allowed the Eagles to extend drives. The one that comes to mind: New England cut the Eagle lead to 22-19, and had Philadelphia with a third-and-six at the Eagle 19. Foles threw to Nelson Agholor well short of the first down, but Pats cornerback Johnson Bademosi let Agholor get out of his tackle, and Agholor gained 17. I know how the game ended, but that doesn’t absolve a whole slew of bad defensive plays by the Patriots."

BUT BUT... Agree with Brady 100% that the Patriots were NEVER in control of that game and were not able to play on their terms. Again, the Eagles played a great game and some how allowed the GOAT to throw for more than 500 yards and still won. Crazy.

One more thing, everyone is saying Brady should have caught the ball thrown by Amendola. That ball was overthrown and I didn't hear a single mention of that. The ball thrown to Foles was perfect.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:09:19 AM by kaos2900 »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3144 on: February 05, 2018, 07:20:33 AM »
And for what it's worth, I thought that was the worst Half Time show since the Black Eyed Peas. Boring as hell. Good Anthem by Pink though.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3145 on: February 05, 2018, 07:41:35 AM »
And kudos to Pink for that rendition, since she was battling the flu and gave a really questionable performance just the day before in rehearsal.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3146 on: February 05, 2018, 07:59:37 AM »
Solid game to watch, I really expected NE to make the comeback in the 2nd half, but Philly played a great aggressive game.  Love the NY Post today

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3147 on: February 05, 2018, 08:26:27 AM »
My takes?

- The Eagles played an almost perfect game.
- The Patriots played their second worst game of the year, in all three phases.
- The Halftime show was half-assed.
- Can we finally put to rest the "Refs are in the Pat's back pocket" nonsense?   The Ertz TD was legit, no question, but the Corey Clement TD should absolutely have been overturned given the way the NFL has defined a catch in recent weeks.  He did NOT have control before the two feet touched in bounds (the "last" foot was on the white line).
- I give all the props in the world to Nick Foles; he played well, and he's just an all around good guy, but the Eagles played perfect, the Pats played horribly, and it was STILL a close game.   That should say a lot.
- I personally think the Malcolm Butler thing is a non-story.  First, they didn't lose because Butler didn't play (though I would have liked to see if he could tackle better than Rowe and Bademosi), and second, that's Belichick, that's the Patriot way.  He made a statement and stuck with it.  I admire that, and while I'm sure "PATZFANTROY420" knows everything about football, I'm going to put my money on Belichick to know what is the right call in any given situation.   If the rest of the Pats played with that level of discipline, it might have been a different outcome.
- Brady's numbers were lights out - over 500 yards, 3 TDs, no INTs - but the reality is, he missed some REALLY easy throws, especially in the first half.   There were at least two occasions where he missed Gronk on timing plays down the middle that could have made a difference.
- Fucking sick and tired of "RPO".  It's a play that's been around since the dawn of time - I think the real Pop Warner invented it - and now all of a sudden it's got a fancy name?  Please.   

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3148 on: February 05, 2018, 08:57:30 AM »
On a side note, watching a game with a room full of people who only care about the last numbers of the score is tiresome as fuck. I get that it's a way for people who aren't into football to having something to do, but it's really annoying when everybody's shouting for that 72 yard field goal, or "no! Don't score here, wait until the next quarter!" There's a reason I don't like superbowl parties. Some of us are actually interested in the game itself.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3149 on: February 05, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
I watched it with a couple of college buddies (there were about eight or ten of us) and we opted to not do boxes for that reason.   One of the girls - who didn't know shit about football, but seemed to be an expert at the two-and-a-half bottles of wine she drank - bought some boxes at a local bar she goes to, but that was it.