Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211632 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #2905 on: January 21, 2018, 03:43:34 PM »
On M Lewis on 3rd down?  It was, actually.  But no call.

That's classy of you Kev.  Cone on. 

I said "Bills fans." I never root for injuries to players, especially ones on head shots.

Don't bring it up then.  It says you're ok because Gronk was a moon for one play.,,

No, it really doesn't.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2906 on: January 21, 2018, 03:45:23 PM »
Pats blew their chance there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2907 on: January 21, 2018, 03:54:14 PM »
Hell of a grab there.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2908 on: January 21, 2018, 03:55:43 PM »
I'm dying here.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2909 on: January 21, 2018, 03:55:58 PM »
For there to be zero holding calls against the Pats is pretty convenient.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2910 on: January 21, 2018, 03:57:07 PM »
For there to be zero holding calls against the Pats is pretty convenient.

1 penalty against them all day.

6 against the Jags, almost all of them back breakers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2911 on: January 21, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
And yet I saw a Jags offensive lineman push a pats guy in the back while he was on the ground 5 minutes left in the game.  Stop it guys.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2912 on: January 21, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »
And so it is decreed...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2913 on: January 21, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
I'm dying here.

I can't imagine what it would be like for a fanbase to be so constantly stressed out yet so successful at the same time. Would you guys know what to do with yourself if you were in a big game, got out to a big early lead, and won by like 3 TDs?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2914 on: January 21, 2018, 04:04:39 PM »
That's right! :lol

I'm dying here.

I can't imagine what it would be like for a fanbase to be so constantly stressed out yet so successful at the same time. Would you guys know what to do with yourself if you were in a big game, got out to a big early lead, and won by like 3 TDs?

I can. Every year is a new year.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2915 on: January 21, 2018, 04:07:06 PM »
And now you know why each year is new!!   SUPER BOWL SUCKAS!!!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2916 on: January 21, 2018, 04:07:36 PM »
Well crap.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2917 on: January 21, 2018, 04:08:03 PM »
How fitting is it that the closest Jag to Lewis to stop him on that 1st down run once he got it outside was held from behind and nothing was called?  I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2918 on: January 21, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
Put the Pats away.  Don't leave it to one play, One call.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2919 on: January 21, 2018, 04:11:57 PM »
And yet I saw a Jags offensive lineman push a pats guy in the back while he was on the ground 5 minutes left in the game.  Stop it guys.

It saying Jags didn’t commit a penalty. But for NE O line not to get called for a holding call against a top rated D is BS. There were several plays where there were holds happening and zero call. The TD to Amendola there was an obvious holding call.

Like I said, it’s convenient for Brady and Co. that they could essentuallly do whatever they wanted without reprocussion.

The Pats are good, obviously. But to have ‘fortunate’ calls or non calls work in your favor Non stop....you guys can’t be upset that literally everyone outside New England despised them. They’re like the Detroit Red Wings is the 90’s. EVERY call that needs to go for them does and they rarely have one go against them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2920 on: January 21, 2018, 04:17:16 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2921 on: January 21, 2018, 04:17:40 PM »
Don't allow the refs to put you in this position. The Jags had their chance. They blew it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2922 on: January 21, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
Gary, don't waste your time or your breath.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2923 on: January 21, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
Let the hate flow guys.  I still love you guys .   I get it. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2924 on: January 21, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
Ironic the ONLY two people defending the officiating are from New England.  I'm sure Stads will join in eventually.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2925 on: January 21, 2018, 04:25:32 PM »
Ironic the ONLY two people defending the officiating are from New England.  I'm sure Stads will join in eventually.

I'm not defending the refs. I just think the crying about it is ridiculous. I mean. It's the easy way out, and you guys are way too smart for that. I'm not even pimping the Pats.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2926 on: January 21, 2018, 04:25:59 PM »
I'm not defending. This bad calls on both sides I saw many missed calls. Let's not blame the refs for the Jags lost, let's blame the Jags for the lost.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2927 on: January 21, 2018, 04:26:10 PM »
Jacksonville should be upset for losing this game they had a solid lead in over 3 quarters of the game, but they should also feel good moving forward. Bortles will get better, and with those RBs and that defense, Jacksonville should not be taken lightly in the '18-'19 season.

Jalen Ramsey should have shut his mouth this past week though  :lol

Offline DT2003

« Reply #2928 on: January 21, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
I’m a Giants fan so it didn’t matter to me either way who one. On one hand I think the Pats in the Super Bowl makes it more interesting, but on the other hand as a Giants fan I would have enjoyed seeing Tom Coughlin in the Super Bowl again. With all that said I find it humorous how far people go to take credit away from the Pats and constantly say how the refs are handing them the games.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2929 on: January 21, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »

Ironic and not at all surprising.

With all that said I find it humorous how far people go to take credit away from the Pats and constantly say how the refs are handing them the games.

I give Belichick all the credit in the world. He is unquestionably the GOAT.   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2930 on: January 21, 2018, 04:40:29 PM »
  They’re like the Detroit Red Wings is the 90’s.

I liked the 90's Red Wings. Saw them in Boston each year for a 4 or 5 year stretch. What's not to like about them?

I give Belichick all the credit in the world. He is unquestionably the GOAT.   

Might explain why you guys are taking the cheese.

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2931 on: January 21, 2018, 04:40:55 PM »
I honestly can’t deal with this anymore. How many times am I gonna have to see the Patriots in the Super Bowl while my Jets flounder in mediocrity? If the Patriots win again, I’m honesty done. I can’t handle watching New England constantly win. It’s slowly killing me. And forget about if the Eagles beat the Vikings. If it’s a New England-Philadelphia Super Bowl, I’m not watching. I can’t stomach either team winning.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2932 on: January 21, 2018, 04:46:38 PM »
That would be unbearable.  The two worst fanbases in pro sports. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2933 on: January 21, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »
I'm not defending. This bad calls on both sides I saw many missed calls. Let's not blame the refs for the Jags lost, let's blame the Jags for the lost.

I'm not blaming them for the Jags loss, but don't such a home to not recognize that the Pats ended up on the positive side of the "bad calls".

Again.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2934 on: January 21, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »
Another team loses because of gutless, conservative play calling. How many runs by Fournette into an 8-man box for 1 yard in the 4th quarter :lol. And how nice for the punter to choke and shank it so NE had to drive an amazing 30 yards for the game-winner. I’m not wasting my breath on the officiating, we all saw the penalty breakdown, but the worst call that impacted the game wasn’t even a penalty.

Tomlin gets exposed again, cut a guy in James Harrison who is way better than the guys who replaced him and who made a few key plays that contributed to the win. Happy for him at least.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2935 on: January 21, 2018, 05:42:58 PM »

I'm not blaming them for the Jags loss, but don't such a home to not recognize that the Pats ended up on the positive side of the "bad calls".

Again.

Again, you don't hear me complaining how about all the holding and hooking that happened in the first half from the defensive backs of the Jags. That's playoff football but rules the league should be called.

You didn't hear me lay blame in the first half at all. You didn't hear me blame that the Jags defensive back for taking Gronk out again it was a head-to-head but I don't think it was done purposely.

I get why fans that are not of the Pats are looking for every little defensive hold or some kind of penalty but you're imagining things because you guys want Pat's to lose. I saw so many other penalties against the Pats but I didn't post oncw crying about it.

The Jags almost pulled it off. They got pressure with the front four and they were banging physically. That's playoff football.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2936 on: January 21, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »
As someone with no dog in the race, let me say that my take on all those complaining about the refs "playing" for New England...

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2937 on: January 21, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »
Minnesota is getting annihilated.  The Eagles whole team looks amped up beyond belief.  What an ass kicking.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2938 on: January 21, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »
I wanted to predict this but I wussed out.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2939 on: January 21, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »
Anyone could've predicted you were a wuss. ;D