Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211086 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #280 on: April 19, 2017, 08:27:18 AM »

What happened to Todd Heap's daughter is a tragedy. I wouldn't consider Aaron Hernandez killing himself to be a tragedy. Guy was a dirt bag.

Agreed. I feel no pity whatsoever for Aaron Hernandez. The guy was a murderer, thug, and disgusting human being. So the fact he hung himself in his prison cell (where he was serving life), normally wouldn't move me. However, what did bother me was how incredibly selfish his suicide was, considering he had a four-year-old little girl, who now, is fatherless. As awful a human being Hernandez was, he made it even worse by taking the easy way out, and leaving a little girl without a father, who now she can never see again. Rot in hell, Aaron Hernandez. Here's hoping your little girl is able to overcome all this and make a good life for herself.

Well maybe it's better the girl grows up without visiting the prison to see her murderous father?  I'm not sure, but him offing himself is hardly emotional for me.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #281 on: April 19, 2017, 08:55:48 AM »

What happened to Todd Heap's daughter is a tragedy. I wouldn't consider Aaron Hernandez killing himself to be a tragedy. Guy was a dirt bag.

Agreed. I feel no pity whatsoever for Aaron Hernandez. The guy was a murderer, thug, and disgusting human being. So the fact he hung himself in his prison cell (where he was serving life), normally wouldn't move me. However, what did bother me was how incredibly selfish his suicide was, considering he had a four-year-old little girl, who now, is fatherless. As awful a human being Hernandez was, he made it even worse by taking the easy way out, and leaving a little girl without a father, who now she can never see again. Rot in hell, Aaron Hernandez. Here's hoping your little girl is able to overcome all this and make a good life for herself.

Well maybe it's better the girl grows up without visiting the prison to see her murderous father?  I'm not sure, but him offing himself is hardly emotional for me.
Yeah, not to mention social security checks each month. I'm thinking this is probably for the best for her. In any case, I approve of him offing himself. Not because of my opinion of him, but because he took his own way out. The automatic deriding of suicide as cowardly never made much sense to me, honestly.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2017, 01:46:06 PM »
Not to derail this thread, but I'm with el Barto.  I know two people personally who committed suicide, and one was, if not a close friend, then certainly a good friend.   He was a cop in a big City (Philly), and he put his life on the line too many times to count.   He was many things - troubled is certainly one - but "coward" is not.  Neither one would have been in your top 15 list of "People you think would commit suicide".  This was his decision, and while it has benefits for us as a society, I think that's as far as we can go with that. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
Fun "what if" article regarding draft decisions for all 32 franchises.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x170419/nfl-alternate-realities-biggest-draft-all-32-teams

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »
Anyone see Gronk cut in on Sean Spicer's press conference today?  It was hilarious.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
Anyone see Gronk cut in on Sean Spicer's press conference today?  It was hilarious.

Yeah, I seen a video clip of that. Gronk doesn't GAF  :lol
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2017, 08:20:11 AM »
One of my favorite nights of the year... the unveiling of the new season schedule.

Two rumors thus far....

Giants and Redskins on Thanksgiving: The Washington Post reports the Redskins will host the Giants in primetime on Thanksgiving night.

Chiefs at Patriots to open season?: According to ESPN, the NFL will open its 2017 season with the Kansas City Chiefs hosting the New England Patriots.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_schedule_leaks_and_rumors.html

Looking to see if the Ravens get to host a MNF game this year. They haven't done this since week 1 of 2012.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2017, 08:31:38 AM »
What I can't wait to see is if Romo actually replaces Simms on CBS.  For some reason I just can't fathom that.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »
What I can't wait to see is if Romo actually replaces Simms on CBS.  For some reason I just can't fathom that.

I can. And the people will rejoice.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »
 :rollin

Whatever you say DoC.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2017, 11:39:23 AM »
Reading that the Broncos will host the LA Chargers on MNF in Week 1. Second year in a row that a relocated team opens up on the road.

oh... and Cowboys/Giants open up on SNF.....again.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »

I'll second this. I don't know anyone that's a Phil Simms fan when it comes to his broadcasting.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2017, 01:52:12 PM »
I don't know anyone that's a Phil Simms fan when it comes to his broadcasting.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2017, 02:09:45 PM »
Reading that the Broncos will host the LA Chargers on MNF in Week 1. Second year in a row that a relocated team opens up on the road.

oh... and Cowboys/Giants open up on SNF.....again.
The reason for the DAL\NYG opener,. . . again, is because they're consistently very good games. Since the NFL got all gung-ho with them as a week one game in 2012 they've all been been decided by less than a TD, and two were 1pt games. But yeah, the NFL isn't good at scheduling teams with new homes. Same applies to new stadiums, as well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: April 20, 2017, 02:14:29 PM »
As a Giants fan I love how they open the season with Dallas in primetime, but I guess I can see where other fans would be interested in seeing their team in that spot.  But it may be hard to change the NFL's mind considering those are two of the most popular teams and as Barto says, the games have so far been very competitive and enjoyable to watch.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: April 20, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »
Fair points on the Giants and Cowboy games being competitive.  I just prefer to see unique matchups early in the year, and divisional matchups saved for later in the season.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: April 20, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »
Fair points on the Giants and Cowboy games being competitive.  I just prefer to see unique matchups early in the year, and divisional matchups saved for later in the season.

I think you still get that though.  Monday night double header (one east coast, one west coast), Thursday night game with the champs, and then this one game that has seemingly become a staple.  I do get it though, some rotation might be better for the local fans, I'm not sure the NFL sees it that way though.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #299 on: April 20, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »
I think the first SNF game of the year would get a high number regardless of who plays.

Looks like the Bears' entire schedule has leaked. They get to HOST Atlanta in week 1 and have two prime time games in their first 5. Got to love those big market teams....

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2017, 02:27:03 PM »
A close game isn't necessarily a good game. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2017, 02:28:54 PM »
Last season was proof of that, but I think the games in question were actually good games.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »
I doubt I could find a reason to consider Cowboys/Giants a "good game" under any circumstances.  If the stakes were lifetime organ donations for the winners and public execution for the losers, I still would struggle to stay awake.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2017, 02:46:31 PM »
Looks like the Eagles will host the Raiders on Christmas Night (MNF) this year. Looks like Philly also has back to back west coast games late in the year (@Seattle & @LA Rams)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
Seattle to open their season up @Green Bay. This has produced some good games in years past. Panthers open up @SF for the Hef/Bosk Bowl.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:54 PM »
Um...yay?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:14 PM »
Um...yay?
Loser has to keep France.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #307 on: April 20, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
Dang...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
:france:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2017, 04:35:42 PM »
Hearing that the Ravens are finally hosting another MNF game, week 12 against Houston.  Now hopefully we don't end our year @ Cincy yet again.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2017, 08:53:50 PM »

Romo would have to be an absolute trainwreck to be worse than Simms. This is a long-awaited change for many, many football fans.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

Phil Simms certainly is
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2017, 09:49:06 PM »

Phil Simms certainly is

Someone being their own biggest fan is what has led us to our current political climate. It's never a good thing.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2017, 01:01:56 AM »
The Jets schedule isn't terrible but isn't great either. I don't have high hopes for this season anyway, and we are stuck with a five week stretch featuring both Super Bowl participants, two other division games, and a Buccaneers team on the rise before our bye, but we also get the Jaguars and Browns in back to back games as well as the Saints in Chargers in back to back games. If they can steal a victory or two during that tough five game stretch, this season could turn out better than expected. Not a fan of the super late bye week two years in a row though nor do I like the fact that our home opener isn't until week 3. Hell, we don't get to start or end at home. We also only have one primetime game on our schedule, playing the Bills on TNF for the third year in a row. :\
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2017, 04:26:38 AM »
Since the NFL instituted all division match ups for week 17, here’s how the Ravens have closed their regular seasons:

2010 Cincinnati @ Baltimore
2011 Baltimore @ Cincinnati
2012 Baltimore @ Cincinnati
2013 Baltimore @ Cincinnati
2014 Cleveland @ Baltimore
2015 Baltimore @ Cincinnati
2016 Baltimore @ Cincinnati
2017 Cincinnati @ Baltimore

So every year that we get Cincy, Pittsburgh gets Cleveland. It's beyond ridiculous and unimaginative.