Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211493 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1890 on: December 03, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
Agreed. What Gronk did was much more dangerous than what Talib and Crabtree pulled last week.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1891 on: December 03, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
He apologized though, so that makes it ok  :rollin To me it's not even debatable, he should be suspended for 1 game at the very least. You can't let him get away with that garbage.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1892 on: December 03, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
Apology doesn't mean it's okay dude. He just knows that he was a f****** moron.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1893 on: December 03, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »
I don't think Gronk is a bad guy by any means. He seems like a good guy and is obviously a hell of a player. The league needs to suspend him for at least 1 game to set an example though, that kind of crap should not be tolerated in the slightest.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1894 on: December 03, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
The league has already set its example.

In a normal world I'd be agreeing with you guys. The NFL hardly qualifies, though, and if he gets suspended after all of the other bullshit we've seen this year it'll be yet another example of how ridiculous things have gotten. Hell, you can check a ref with your forearm and not get suspended in this league.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1895 on: December 03, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »
So if he's suspended it'll be for two reasons.

1. It was a head shot
2. It was a white guy on a black guy*

* So here's why I say this. The NFL has been meeting with black players over social issues, and I do not think they'll risk the tweetstorm of letting a white guy off on nailing a black guy. I just think the NFL will be so PR conscious over this and its (racial) appearance.

Personally, I'm on the fence as far as the suspension, but I think it's ridiculous that he was not ejected.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1896 on: December 03, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »
Attacking a guy on the ground from behind in the head is worse than grabbing a guy by the throat and giving a half-shove.

We'll see how much the league really cares about concussions with how they punish Gronk.  He should get multiple games to show that they are serious. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1897 on: December 03, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »
Attacking a guy on the ground from behind in the head is worse than grabbing a guy by the throat and giving a half-shove.

We'll see how much the league really cares about concussions with how they punish Gronk.  He should get multiple games to show that they are serious.
I think your bias is showing.

That probably does deserve a game, but with the way the league works now it would be bullshit if it happened.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1898 on: December 03, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »
Oh, my bias is showing, but the bias here of Patriots fans, whom you did not feel the need to call out, is not?  Okay.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1899 on: December 03, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »
Who me? Kev, he let his emotions get in the way.  His apology shows that he's human. Doesn't mean he's wrong. He's going to get it's fine he's not getting suspended.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1900 on: December 03, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »
Kev, I feel he should've been ejected immediately and definitely fined. I'm on the fence on him being suspended, but would not complain or call it a travesty if he was.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1901 on: December 03, 2017, 06:39:21 PM »
Joe, you don't think a player attacking another player on the ground in the head from behind and giving him a concussion is going to get a suspension? 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1902 on: December 03, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
(puts out the call)

(responds)

Damn, the Homie Pats Fan Call is just as strong as the Power Windows Call!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1903 on: December 03, 2017, 06:42:47 PM »

I think your bias is showing.

That probably does deserve a game, but with the way the league works now it would be bullshit if it happened.

How is his bias showing? His take on this would most likely be exactly the same if Gronk were a Bronco. He was unbiased in his take on the Talib/Crabtree mess last week.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1904 on: December 03, 2017, 06:46:34 PM »
I'll reiterate that I think he's deserving. I just also think it'd be unbelievable hypocrisy given what doesn't warrant one nowadays. Hell, you're allowed to bump referees in this league now, FFS.

I got the impression that his bell was rung when he went down, not when gronk landed on him.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1905 on: December 03, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
Also, considering how we're reminded every single time the Patriots are the beneficiaries of bad calls by the refs, how many PIs and holds happened on that play that didn't get called? Three? Four? That happens to Buffalo this game and we all know it'd be pointed out.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1906 on: December 03, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »
Joe, you don't think a player attacking another player on the ground in the head from behind and giving him a concussion is going to get a suspension?

Let's not get soft Kev. This  s*** happened forever. Now all of a sudden concussions  are serious business. Was he wrong one hundred percent yes.  Will he be fined? Yes. Will he get suspended? Probably not. Will hw get suspended for a game? I'm not sure. . NFL so uneven that I have no idea what's right or wrong when it comes to their penalties.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1907 on: December 03, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »

How is his bias showing? His take on this would most likely be exactly the same if Gronk were a Bronco. He was unbiased in his take on the Talib/Crabtree mess last week.

Thank you. At least someone is paying attention.  :biggrin:

Also, considering how we're reminded every single time the Patriots are the beneficiaries of bad calls by the refs, how many PIs and holds happened on that play that didn't get called? Three? Four? That happens to Buffalo this game and we all know it'd be pointed out.

Irrelevant.

Let's not get soft Kev. This  s*** happened forever. Now all of a sudden concussions  are serious business. Was he wrong one hundred percent yes.  Will hw be fined? Yes. Will he get suspended? Probably not. Wil hw get suspended for game? I'm not sure. . NFL so uneven that I have no idea what's right or wrong when it comes to their penalties.

That is why it should be a multiple-game suspension.  Many of us believe the NFL is giving lip service about their sudden care about concussions, and if they give Gronk a slap on the wrist (which is what a fine is), that is showing that it really is just lip service.  Trust me, the many players and families of players greatly affected by concussions due to hits in the NFL will be playing close attention to this situation.  The NFL has to come down, and come down hard.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1908 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »

Irrelevant.
Yeah, no doubt. :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1909 on: December 03, 2017, 06:59:30 PM »
Let's not get carried away Kev. Gronk's emotions got  in the way and he did something stupid but it shouldn't be multiple games. First-time offense should not be multiple suspension. I find yes maybe one game maybe? but not multiple let's not get carried away.

This is the end result when people get mugged and then then they don't call anything and players take things into your own hands. NFL has to do a better job officiating not to let things get to this position. Players are dumb and you and I know it.  The NFL needs to do a better job officiating not to let it get to this point.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:06:13 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1910 on: December 03, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »
The league has already set its example.

*snip*

In a normal world I'd be agreeing with you guys. The NFL hardly qualifies, though, and if he gets suspended after all of the other bullshit we've seen this year it'll be yet another example of how ridiculous things have gotten. Hell, you can check a ref with your forearm and not get suspended in this league.

That's a really good point. I was equally as disgusted when I saw Suh grab Mallet's throat earlier this year. Gronk deserves a suspension for what he did, but I can't expect this joke of a league to actually do it. He'll just get a slap on the wrist fine so the league can continue to pretend like they care about player safety.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1911 on: December 03, 2017, 07:10:50 PM »
Btw, Kev. If he's suspended for a week than  Pats fans should not be upset. He needs to control hid emotions in check.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1912 on: December 03, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »
I guess I'm really an Eagles fan. My stomach is in knots after that drive, 4th down conversion and Wentz fumble

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1913 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:24 PM »
That was an incredible drive by Wentz. What a gamer.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1914 on: December 03, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »
Even if it is in a losing effort, that throw by Wentz was the play of the year.  Holy smokes.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1915 on: December 03, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »
 :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1916 on: December 03, 2017, 09:23:03 PM »
Seahawks baby woooo!!! :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1917 on: December 03, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »
Losses suck, but there was a lot of good to take out of this one. So no 15-1. No biggie, still plenty to be excited for.
Bring on the Rams!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1918 on: December 03, 2017, 10:28:23 PM »
Surprised the Hawks manned up on this one, even considering they usually play well on Sunday nights. Most local radio honks didn't have the Hawks winning.

@ JAX, LAR, @ DAL still on the schedule, not easy going down the home stretch.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1919 on: December 03, 2017, 11:15:34 PM »
Tonight's game gives me hope for the Rams and Raiders v. Eagles.  Eagles had pretty easy opponents up to now.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1920 on: December 04, 2017, 01:07:09 AM »

Let's not get soft Kev. This  s*** happened forever. Now all of a sudden concussions  are serious business. Was he wrong one hundred percent yes.  Will he be fined? Yes. Will he get suspended? Probably not. Will hw get suspended for a game? I'm not sure. . NFL so uneven that I have no idea what's right or wrong when it comes to their penalties.
Funny how Gronk will likely get a slap on the wrist while Zeke is suspended 6 games for something there was no proof of and is evidently innocent. Gronk was caught on hd camera for intentionally hurting someone and being a douche..
 On a better note, WAY TO GO SEAHAWKS!!!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1921 on: December 04, 2017, 05:30:50 AM »
You forgetting Brady's suspension? :lol

Gronk will get a game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1922 on: December 04, 2017, 05:48:47 AM »
I saw Gronk's "apology" this morning.  What a joke.  He gave the token, emotionless apology and then ranted about his frustration about the alleged non-calls. Sounded like a guy giving reasons why he slapped his wife. "What else was I supposed to do?" (Gronk actually said that)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1923 on: December 04, 2017, 05:58:29 AM »
He may have cost him the Pittsburgh game for all the marbles.  Dumb, dumb move.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1924 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:59 AM »
Gronk being suspended would be amazing for my fantasy team.