Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211298 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1715 on: November 12, 2017, 06:51:30 PM »
The Broncos special teams are now as bad as the offense.  Oof.

I feel really dirty for saying this, but Burfict's ejection seemed pretty ridiculous. Looked like the ref had his arm under VB's chin when he was starting to walk to his own sideline. Having said that, if Marvin Lewis weren't such a miserable failure of a coach he'd suspend Burfict for a game for celebrating his ejection. I want a player to be pissed off he can't help the team, not making money signs to the crowd.

I'm okay with Burfict getting ejected for looking at an official wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1716 on: November 12, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »
 I'll take Denver field goals all night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1717 on: November 12, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
Breathe on a NE WR? Pass interference.

Hit the Broncos QB late? No flag.

Just turned this off.  Broncos weren't gonna win anyway.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1718 on: November 12, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »
Don't agree with the first. Completely agree with the second.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1719 on: November 12, 2017, 07:26:38 PM »
That was a TOUCHDOWN.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1720 on: November 12, 2017, 07:27:34 PM »
What?...Osweiller threw a flop that would make the Montreal Canadiens jealous of.

And that was a catch.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1721 on: November 12, 2017, 09:01:07 PM »
Rams are for real y'all!!!   :metal :metal :metal Let's see how they do against the Eagles.

I'm one of the few who likes those Seahawks unis.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1722 on: November 12, 2017, 10:10:49 PM »
Sorry to switch around from the Sunday Night game, but the media here in Minnesota keeps talking about how Teddy Bridgewater needs to get in the game and Keenum needs to go back to being backup. However, you talk to a lot of fans, myself included, and I think they should keep playing Case Keenum until he royally screws up. He's gotten us this far and it seems stupid to sit the hot hand in the middle of a playoff race for a guy who suffered a gruesome leg injury and hasn't played in a year.

I was hoping to see a little bit of Bridgewater if the score kept up, but the interceptions made it a game again....

...which I know destroys my whole point of playing Case over Teddy when the former is doing so much better, when Case throws back to back interceptions to the same guy, but I think the Vikes should keep playing Keenum until he loses.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1723 on: November 13, 2017, 04:25:12 AM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1724 on: November 13, 2017, 05:29:26 AM »
Sorry to switch around from the Sunday Night game, but the media here in Minnesota keeps talking about how Teddy Bridgewater needs to get in the game and Keenum needs to go back to being backup. However, you talk to a lot of fans, myself included, and I think they should keep playing Case Keenum until he royally screws up. He's gotten us this far and it seems stupid to sit the hot hand in the middle of a playoff race for a guy who suffered a gruesome leg injury and hasn't played in a year.

I was hoping to see a little bit of Bridgewater if the score kept up, but the interceptions made it a game again....

...which I know destroys my whole point of playing Case over Teddy when the former is doing so much better, when Case throws back to back interceptions to the same guy, but I think the Vikes should keep playing Keenum until he loses.
As a Vikings fan I agree with everything you said.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1725 on: November 13, 2017, 08:31:20 AM »
Rams are for real y'all!!!   :metal :metal :metal Let's see how they do against the Eagles.

I'm one of the few who likes those Seahawks unis.

Was at the game yesterday, first half was a bit scary.  The old Rams would have folded like a cheap suit.  Not these Rams!!!!  Big tests coming the second half of the season... @Vikings, @Seahags, Eagles, @Titans, Saints.  The good news is we're 5-0 away from the Coliseum this year... ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1726 on: November 13, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »
That Bennett story is fascinating; I think you're going to hear more about that in the coming weeks.

Burfict; I get that I am now my grandfather, but for me, all the kneeling, and standing, all the day-glo uniforms... none of that is going to get me to stop watching the NFL.    But if you keep celebrating guys like Burfict and Suh, you're going to lose me.  These guys are big babies, and it's no surprise - not one bit - that the Dolphins and the Bengals are doormats for the good teams.  Even Dallas, that is a great team, is not Super Bowl caliber, because of their discipline problems.

When will these coaches/GMs/owners learn?   

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1727 on: November 13, 2017, 10:37:35 AM »
That Bennett story is fascinating; I think you're going to hear more about that in the coming weeks.

Burfict; I get that I am now my grandfather, but for me, all the kneeling, and standing, all the day-glo uniforms... none of that is going to get me to stop watching the NFL.    But if you keep celebrating guys like Burfict and Suh, you're going to lose me.  These guys are big babies, and it's no surprise - not one bit - that the Dolphins and the Bengals are doormats for the good teams.  Even Dallas, that is a great team, is not Super Bowl caliber, because of their discipline problems.

When will these coaches/GMs/owners learn?
I was thinking about it yesterday. Dallas is certainly welcoming of troublemakers, but only the off the field variety. Beating your old lady is fine as long as you do your job. To be fair, the Patriots have signed some assholes and held them to the same standard. The Bengals sign troublemakers and the allow them to run amok on the field and become a detriment to the team. When Aqib Talib went off his nut Bill sat his silly ass in a very important game. The worst on the field problems Dallas runs into is Dez screaming and yelling at his own teammates, which I'm just fine with. Burfict and Pacman Jones do stupid shit and cost their team a playoff game and Lewis just says "it's who they are. What could I do about it?"

Like I pointed out when OBJr flipped out, your best player is no longer you bet player if he's fucking up your team. You gotta be willing to accept that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1728 on: November 13, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »
Was an awesome tailgate and game yesterday!  Some of the guys got me good! I'm grilling my ass off when this cat shows up...... :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GTpfoeiAJA

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1729 on: November 13, 2017, 09:26:23 PM »
I didn't realize you were Minnesotan.  :metal

But you are seeing what I'm seeing, right? Star Tribune has been saying that they need to stick with Keenum, but a few of the guys on KFAN have been talking about how they need to go with Bridgewater. I just don't see the point.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1730 on: November 14, 2017, 05:14:32 AM »
Was an awesome tailgate and game yesterday!  Some of the guys got me good! I'm grilling my ass off when this cat shows up...... :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GTpfoeiAJA

Only in L.A. :lol

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1731 on: November 14, 2017, 05:58:46 AM »
I didn't realize you were Minnesotan.  :metal

But you are seeing what I'm seeing, right? Star Tribune has been saying that they need to stick with Keenum, but a few of the guys on KFAN have been talking about how they need to go with Bridgewater. I just don't see the point.
I was really hoping they would walk away with Washington game and Bridgewater would come in for a little bit to get a few reps in, but then Keenum had to make it interesting. I'm definitely a little torn on it. I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with Keenum unless the defense gets even better. But having not played in a game in almost 2 years, I just don't see throwing Bridgewater in there as a great option either. I'd rather stick with what's working but keep Keenum on a short leash. And try to get Bridgewater in a game somewhere if possible to get his first series out of the way.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1732 on: November 14, 2017, 02:00:02 PM »
Jesse Pinkman's math sums up a potential Jerry Jones vs Roger Goodell war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLCU6cfOdc

:lol  No such thing as zero douchebags.  More like chemistry.  Matter and anti matter.  Total, complete, absolute annihilation.   :rollin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On other note, the teams that look really good right now, still have plenty of time to shit themselves.  Don't jinx it by celebrating too soon.  Then again, go right ahead.  Most of them I can't stand anyway.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1733 on: November 14, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »
If you hate the Saints, is your reason(s) the bounty thing, years of being overrated cuz of their offense, their total wasting of half of Drew Brees' career by failing to to address the defensive woes, or something entirely different?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1734 on: November 14, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
If Kev doesn't get power rankings up in the next hour, I'm permanently locking all NFL-related threads.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1735 on: November 14, 2017, 02:44:20 PM »
 :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1736 on: November 14, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
We'll settle for locking all SOA vs DT polls.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1737 on: November 14, 2017, 02:46:59 PM »
If Kev doesn't get power rankings up in the next hour, I'm permanently locking all NFL-related threads.

Spoken like a true Kap fan........ :lol

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1738 on: November 14, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »
If you hate the Saints, is your reason(s) the bounty thing, years of being overrated cuz of their offense, their total wasting of half of Drew Brees' career by failing to to address the defensive woes, or something entirely different?

I don't hate the Saints (or any team other than possibly the Baltimore Ratbirds), but I do remember having a great deal of disdain for their owner right after the hurricane. He was all to ready to shit on that city if memory serves me right.

As far as Baltimore goes, I empathize with their fan base because they wanted a team, and seem to have been faithful to them. I do live in North Central Ohio, and even though I'm not a Brown's fan, the way that deal went down was pure shit, and I hold it against that franchise.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1739 on: November 14, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1740 on: November 14, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »
Post-Week 10 Power Rankings

Top 10
1. Philadelphia
2. New England
3. New Orleans
4. LA Rams
5. Pittsburgh
6. Seattle
7. Minnesota
8. Carolina
9. Jacksonville
10. Tennessee

NFL MVP Top 5
1. Carson Wentz
2. Tom Brady
3. LeVeon Bell
4. Todd Gurley
5. Alex Smith

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1741 on: November 14, 2017, 07:24:41 PM »
No issue with the Eagles at #1, but I'm glad to not see the Steelers ahead of the Pats.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1742 on: November 15, 2017, 06:13:42 AM »

On other note, the teams that look really good right now, still have plenty of time to shit themselves.  Don't jinx it by celebrating too soon.  Then again, go right ahead.  Most of them I can't stand anyway.  :lol

Hi Philadelphia!  Yet another in a long line of "WOW IS THIS GUY FOR REAL!??!?!?!?!" that hasn't won a thing.    Yes, I'm looking at you, Cam, Dak, et al.   I wish we'd at least have them win ONE playoff game before we anoint anyone.   

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1743 on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:36 AM »

Hi Philadelphia!  Yet another in a long line of "WOW IS THIS GUY FOR REAL!??!?!?!?!" that hasn't won a thing.    Yes, I'm looking at you, Cam, Dak, et al.   I wish we'd at least have them win ONE playoff game before we anoint anyone.
Hell, Arron Rogers was already appointed the new Jesus a season before he even started a game.

In any case, there's no problem with pronouncing Dak and Wentz "for real." They're pretty clearly high caliber NFL starters. Peyton sucked ass in the playoffs his first 3 tries, and I think we were all pretty confident he qualified as real.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1744 on: November 15, 2017, 08:29:32 AM »
NFL MVP Top 5
1. Carson Wentz
2. Tom Brady
3. LeVeon Bell
4. Todd Gurley
5. Alex Smith
I'm curious how you evaluate MVP. I look at it from the standpoint of how much worse is the team if this player leaves. Seems to me that in a matchup between a Bradyless Pats and Wentzless Eagles, the Eagles win for a variety of reasons. They're still a decent enough team without him. Obviously BB factors into it, and he's shown that they can compete at a pretty good level without him, but they're still not as good a team without him as Phili would be without Wentz, I don't think.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1745 on: November 15, 2017, 11:24:23 AM »

Hell, Arron Rogers was already appointed the new Jesus a season before he even started a game.

In any case, there's no problem with pronouncing Dak and Wentz "for real." They're pretty clearly high caliber NFL starters. Peyton sucked ass in the playoffs his first 3 tries, and I think we were all pretty confident he qualified as real.
\

Of course you're right, at least nominally, but then there's the Bradfords and Palmers and Lucks of the world that come out - just like Dak and Cam - and, well, we're still waiting.   

Look, no question, if I'm Philly, I'm happy with where I sit.  Certainly as happy or happier than anyone else in that division, and maybe even the NFC.  But the odds are still about even on the hype. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1746 on: November 15, 2017, 05:32:08 PM »
NFL MVP Top 5
1. Carson Wentz
2. Tom Brady
3. LeVeon Bell
4. Todd Gurley
5. Alex Smith
I'm curious how you evaluate MVP. I look at it from the standpoint of how much worse is the team if this player leaves. Seems to me that in a matchup between a Bradyless Pats and Wentzless Eagles, the Eagles win for a variety of reasons. They're still a decent enough team without him. Obviously BB factors into it, and he's shown that they can compete at a pretty good level without him, but they're still not as good a team without him as Phili would be without Wentz, I don't think.

I, more or less, spitball it every week, to be honest.  Wentz and Brady have been the two best QBs this year so far, and I think it goes without saying that either team would suffer greatly without their starting QB (especially now that Jimmy G is gone from NE).  Really, you could pick either guy right now and neither pick would be wrong. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1747 on: November 16, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »

Yeah, and once Wentz has a bad game (not if, but when) we'll see how he handles the fan criticism.  The kinds of criticism that only Philly fans are capable of.   :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1748 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »
Well, MVP in any sport is inherently subjective, and there is always plenty of room for disagreement.  But on the large, your picks are pretty reasonable, Kev.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1749 on: November 16, 2017, 11:33:19 AM »

Is this one of the brothel owners in Deadwood?
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.