Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211316 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1680 on: November 08, 2017, 10:24:51 AM »
On the NFL radio show here in the UK last night, they posed an interesting question that I thought I would put to the forum:

After Sports Illustrated correctly predicted in 2014 that the 2017 World Series champions would be the Houston Astros, who will be the Super Bowl winners for the 2020 season?

Personally I'm feeling it will be the Chiefs or the Falcons. They're knocking on the door already, though Atlanta's loss at last year's Bowl might have knocked them back a year.

In three years?  I'd say the Eagles. What do you think Alex Smith will look like in three years?

I think it's much easier to predict MLB 3 years ahead because you can look at the minor leagues and guaranteed contracts to gauge a team's potential, but the NFL in three years?  Good luck  :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1681 on: November 08, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »
 :lol  You can't even predict the 2nd half of the season in the NFL.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1682 on: November 08, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
Incredibly hard to predict 2020 for a variety of reasons....but what the heck? Texans over the Cowboys

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1683 on: November 08, 2017, 04:35:03 PM »
On the NFL radio show here in the UK last night, they posed an interesting question that I thought I would put to the forum:

After Sports Illustrated correctly predicted in 2014 that the 2017 World Series champions would be the Houston Astros, who will be the Super Bowl winners for the 2020 season?

Personally I'm feeling it will be the Chiefs or the Falcons. They're knocking on the door already, though Atlanta's loss at last year's Bowl might have knocked them back a year.

In three years?  I'd say the Eagles. What do you think Alex Smith will look like in three years?

Or Matt Ryan.

:lol  You can't even predict the 2nd half of the season in the NFL.

Or the 2nd Half of many games.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1684 on: November 08, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »
Or the 4th quarter of a superbowl. :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1685 on: November 08, 2017, 05:00:09 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1686 on: November 08, 2017, 05:33:45 PM »
 :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1687 on: November 08, 2017, 05:57:02 PM »
So Jerry Jones is suing the NFL and the six owners on the compensation committee to block the extension of Goodell's contract.  :rollin

What a hypocritical douchebag. Goodell's great when he's crooked on his side. Now that he's not he has to go. And the strange part is that I agree with him factually. The system is bullshit and Goodell is to blame. It's still wonderful to see him look like such a jackass, yet again.

Where it gets interesting is how this might play out. On the one hand, if your league commissioner is such a fuck up that owners start suing each other, it's in everyone's best interest to shit-can him. Seems pretty obvious to me. Yet that wouldn't be a great message to send to the players or the owners themselves; disagree with the commish, hire a lawyer. There's also the fact that this is the most powerful owner in the league going to war with quite possibly the next four. Hunt, Rooney, Mara, Kraft. Not exactly weaklings at the table. This has the makings of a civil war, which quite honestly, would be a God damned hoot.

Also, if you're Roger Goodell, isn't the appropriate professional move to announce your resignation tomorrow morning? Seems to me that the reason this is a job is to prevent the owners from stabbing each other in their necks. Stepping aside would prevent that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1688 on: November 08, 2017, 06:06:20 PM »
To be honest with you I'm really happy to see all these owners clawing and eating at each other. They are really the bad guys and the bells just a puppet of their whims.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1689 on: November 09, 2017, 06:55:39 AM »
Or the 4th quarter of a superbowl. :biggrin:

I imagine you (rightfully) got tremendous pleasure from pointing that out.  :) :) :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1690 on: November 09, 2017, 07:24:25 AM »
I do.  You should have seen the texting from other Site Managers in my company harassing me during the game.  Got real quiet in the 4th quarter.  Boy did I let them have it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1691 on: November 09, 2017, 02:29:25 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1692 on: November 09, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
Bennett picked up by the Pats. I like it.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1693 on: November 09, 2017, 03:03:16 PM »
If he can still walk I love it. He's been seriously hobbled this year, which is probably why the 6-2 Pats could get him off of waivers.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1694 on: November 09, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »
Even at 70% he's better than Allen who has 0 catches this season.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1695 on: November 09, 2017, 03:13:00 PM »
Doesn't he hold a record for being on the most teams in the shortest amount of time?  If I'm thinking of the right Bennett.  I swear I heard that somewhere...
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1696 on: November 09, 2017, 03:17:52 PM »
If he can still walk I love it. He's been seriously hobbled this year, which is probably why the 6-2 Pats could get him off of waivers.

he quit on the Packers as soon as Rodgers got hurt.  He is getting crushed in these parts.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1697 on: November 09, 2017, 05:42:07 PM »

he quit on the Packers as soon as Rodgers got hurt.  He is getting crushed in these parts.

Not surprised.

I heard that Aaron Rodgers can opt out after this year, and I think he should. The Packers have done him a major disservice by not surrounding him with a good enough supporting cast the last five years.  That team is total crap without him.  He should opt out and go to a franchise that will actually treat their star QB like one.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1698 on: November 09, 2017, 06:00:51 PM »

Not surprised.

I heard that Aaron Rodgers can opt out after this year, and I think he should. The Packers have done him a major disservice by not surrounding him with a good enough supporting cast the last five years.  That team is total crap without him.  He should opt out and go to a franchise that will actually treat their star QB like one.

Yeah, heard Cowherd talking about that. He could demand huge $ on the open market.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1699 on: November 09, 2017, 06:39:14 PM »
If Jerry were worth a damn he'd sue the league to do away with this color rush bullshit. What an eyesore.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1700 on: November 09, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »
Can I ask a question?

On what grounds is Jones planning to sue?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1701 on: November 09, 2017, 06:45:41 PM »
Jesse Pinkman's math sums up a potential Jerry Jones vs Roger Goodell war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLCU6cfOdc

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1702 on: November 09, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »
If Jerry were worth a damn he'd sue the league to do away with this color rush bullshit. What an eyesore.

It's so distracting.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1703 on: November 10, 2017, 04:15:45 AM »
Turned on the local NBC news at 11pm last night, only to discover the Thursday Night pajama game was on. 'Hey, this is unexpected, I'll watch until the end.'  Except that after about thirty seconds, those neon Seahawks unis were just way, way, way too much (as were the Cards all black).  Just buffugly. I tuned out, and changed the channel to the local CBS station. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1704 on: November 10, 2017, 04:57:37 AM »
If the NFL wasn't un-watchable for some already, these Thursday night uni's are certainly succeeding at turning the rest of the fans off.  It's literally painful to watch.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1705 on: November 10, 2017, 06:08:35 AM »
He should opt out and go to a franchise that will actually treat their star QB like one.
The Packers treat him as if he's the entire team and they don't need anyone around him to win. And they're right! They have a crap team and they would have won the NFC North with Rogers and made a good run at the Super Bowl. Rogers is by far the most valuable player in the NFL. I can't think of another player whose loss would devastate a team like Rogers' has.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1706 on: November 10, 2017, 12:56:02 PM »
Martellus Bennett is already practicing with the Patriots after passing is med exam. Bet that dude catches a TD pass his first game back and I hear Packer's fans howling all the way in Dallas.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1707 on: November 10, 2017, 01:53:49 PM »
Bennett is trying to throw the Packers medical staff under the bus big time.  He claims he was hurt, but the Packers doctors said he could play through it. 

When Bennett ends up playing this weekend........
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1708 on: November 11, 2017, 06:10:53 AM »
Bennett is trying to throw the Packers medical staff under the bus big time.  He claims he was hurt, but the Packers doctors said he could play through it. 

When Bennett ends up playing this weekend........

He and his brother are both major liars.

Martellus has shown himself to be one of the biggest pieces of shit in the league, after what he pulled this week.   

Wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots and he were in collusion so he could force his way out of GB and they could grab him off waivers. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1709 on: November 11, 2017, 06:24:20 AM »
 :lol

Worked so well with Blount a few years ago.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1710 on: November 11, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »
Here's what I don't get. MB claims that he's hurt and the team doctor is ignoring him. Coach tells him to get outside opinions, which he does, and then they start discussing surgery. The Packers dump him, citing failure to disclose an injury. Now the Packers are all defending their doctor. Seems to me that either the doctor missed the injury or did as MB says and told him to suck it up, or there's no injury at all in which case the Packers were probably a little quick to dump him.

I get that MB isn't particularly trustworthy, and the whole thing is pretty damned peculiar. It just seems to me that the Packers have contributed their fair share to the strangeness of the situation.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1711 on: November 12, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »
I feel really dirty for saying this, but Burfict's ejection seemed pretty ridiculous. Looked like the ref had his arm under VB's chin when he was starting to walk to his own sideline. Having said that, if Marvin Lewis weren't such a miserable failure of a coach he'd suspend Burfict for a game for celebrating his ejection. I want a player to be pissed off he can't help the team, not making money signs to the crowd.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1712 on: November 12, 2017, 03:18:59 PM »
That loss pretty much spells the end of the Jets season. What a lifeless effort. This is the Jets team I was expecting to see this season and unfortunately that team finally showed up.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1713 on: November 12, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »
I feel really dirty for saying this, but Burfict's ejection seemed pretty ridiculous. Looked like the ref had his arm under VB's chin when he was starting to walk to his own sideline. Having said that, if Marvin Lewis weren't such a miserable failure of a coach he'd suspend Burfict for a game for celebrating his ejection. I want a player to be pissed off he can't help the team, not making money signs to the crowd.

I was watching the Steelers game, and didn't see what got him tossed. Having said that, I'm not surprised by anything that I've ever seen that guy do on the field. He's put a target on himself, so a short leash is to be expected.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1714 on: November 12, 2017, 06:15:52 PM »
I keep wanting to get excited for the Saints and I'm thrilled at how they've shaken off the rough start but I'm still really curious how we're gonna do against a really good team. The Bills seemed to have thrown in the towel for the rest of the game after they fell behind 30-3. I give the Saints all the credit in the world for getting that big of a lead but the Bills sure as shit made it easy on us. Between that and the injured/weakened/backup QBs we've faced, I'm still hoping to see that we can win against a proven contender playing at full strength.

I just hope the team doesn't look past the Redskins who they've historically struggled against losing many times even when favored and with Payton/Brees in the picture.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon